Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #2

A correction. The initial post asked:

"Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS
environment?"

If there is no SAS at all in a particular shop, then there is no way to do
this conversion. If access to SAS is available via IOM then there are ways.
What "environment" means becomes the question.

If a shop can simply convert into a compatible SAS XML format that is a
possibility. The other is to convert it into a delimited file or get it into
a database that a SAS shop can read.

The SAS dataset layout is binary and unknown. You could put it into a SAS
transport file as well since that layout is known. I do not know of any
tool, though, that can take XML and convert it into a transport file.

Alan

Alan Churchill
Savian
www.savian.net