  From: tenny kurian=20
  To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20
  Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 6:24 AM
  Subject: XML data to SAS data set converstion

  Hi,

    Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS =
environment?

    1.       If yes please send me details about that tool?

    2.      If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to =
SAS data set conversion.

    Thanks,
    TK

  ---------------------------------
   Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know =
how.
0
mlhoward (1803)

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. T...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion
It depends on the XML document. What is the complexity and what O/S are you running on? I have built utilities for doing XML to SAS conversion. You would need to use a .NET language and consume the dll. The tool can be found at: http://utilities.savian.net Look for Data Management Utilities. You could also try my XML to delimited and see if that works for you. I haven't touched it in a few years so let me know if does not work. For other tools, buy XmlSpy and do a conversion to a format that SAS can read. Load your XML document and then have it convert it to a text or database. You would need the correct SAS/Access product to do the database import into SAS. If it is a 1 time thing, I can do the conversion. Contact me directly if interested. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tenny kurian Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:25 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: XML data to SAS data set converstion Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. ...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #3
Since a SAS dataset is not much good without SAS - unless your intent is to read it using something like StatTransfer, one would assume that the eventual target is for the data to be input into SAS. There are a couple of other possibilities. It would be possible to write a script in the language of your choice to pull the data from the XML file and also write data step code to read it. Another possibility would be to write an XMLMap file (another XML file) to describe how the transformation from the XML data file into one or more datasets is to be done. Since the XMLMap file is just another XML file it could be generated by an XML editor, a text editor, or the appropriate script. The SAS XML engine can use this XMLMAP file to read the original XML data file as if it were a SAS library. The XMLMAP file only needs to be created once to describe the transformation from a particular flavor of XML file (having a particular schema or DTD) to a particular set of SAS datasets. A single XML file can represent a collection of data that could be awkward to use in a single table, as in the case of a whole collection of tables from a relational database dumped into one XML file. While you could represent the XML file as a table with a column for the XPATH and a column for the content of that element or attribute, that would not necessarily be the best representation for working with the data. Instead, an XMLMAP file can direct the SAS XML engine to create a collection of tables. L...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #2
A correction. The initial post asked: "Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment?" If there is no SAS at all in a particular shop, then there is no way to do this conversion. If access to SAS is available via IOM then there are ways. What "environment" means becomes the question. If a shop can simply convert into a compatible SAS XML format that is a possibility. The other is to convert it into a delimited file or get it into a database that a SAS shop can read. The SAS dataset layout is binary and unknown. You could put it into a SAS transport file as well since that layout is known. I do not know of any tool, though, that can take XML and convert it into a transport file. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: Alan Churchill [mailto:savian001@gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:38 AM To: 'tenny kurian'; 'SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU' Subject: RE: XML data to SAS data set converstion It depends on the XML document. What is the complexity and what O/S are you running on? I have built utilities for doing XML to SAS conversion. You would need to use a .NET language and consume the dll. The tool can be found at: http://utilities.savian.net Look for Data Management Utilities. You could also try my XML to delimited and see if that works for you. I haven't touched it in a few years so let me know if does not work. For other tools, buy XmlSpy and do a conv...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data ...

XML data to SAS data set converstion
Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Re: Compressing data sets (was Re: [SAS-L]) #2 #4
It's not a big deal, but there is a difference between reading a file directly and having another program as an intermediary, and someone someday is going to get into trouble because they didn't take that into account. I'm not sure what you mean by "using SAS/Connect to read non-SAS files". -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA >>> "Bruce Johnson" <bjohnson@SOLUCIENT.COM> 01/06/2004 9:36 AM >>> But if another program is doing it, within SAS, wh...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #4
Summary: PROC DATASETS; AGE statement. + VIEWs This won't help you delete data from your very big data set, but you may find this example interesting. You say you append data monthly to a big data set then when big gets too big you need to clean out the old. And that takes a very long time. However if you don't physically append but use a view to append/combine you may find it easier to get rid of the unwanted old data. Consider this code. it pushes MonthlyUpdate onto the stack of 24 data sets and the 24th data set is deleted. Then all the data sets get renamed to produce a new group of 24. You can see from the notes how the operation works. The data sets don't have to use a numbered range M01-M24 I did that for my convenience. proc datasets library=work; age MonthlyUpdate m01-m24; run; quit; NOTE: Deleting WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M23 to WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M22 to WORK.M23 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M21 to WORK.M22 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M20 to WORK.M21 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M19 to WORK.M20 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M18 to WORK.M19 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M17 to WORK.M18 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M16 to WORK.M17 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M15 to WORK.M16 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M14 to WORK.M15 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M13 to WORK.M14 (me...

Re: Converting surveymonkey data into sas data #4
Dennis , Well that would depend on whether the character value is '3' '4' '5' or '3-5'. If it is discrete then yes: '0' = 1 '1' , '2' = 2 '3' , '4' , '5' = 3 Would be how I would put in a format. Otherwise I would have to go with what I wrote. Toby Dunn From: "Dennis G. Fisher" <dfisher@CSULB.EDU> Reply-To: "Dennis G. Fisher" <dfisher@CSULB.EDU> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Converting surveymonkey data into sas data Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:46:02 -0700 Why wo...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: Clearing SAS Data Data from Prior Run #4
Nat is totally correct, there are more things. I hurried and didn't phrase my statement well, I meant in simplistic terms of getting started in the troubleshooting, those couple things may be a place to start looking.... and that "usually" if major/significant things have not changed, that starting with these may prove to surface a lead as to where to look/dig next... Thanks Nat, Mark -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nat Wooding Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 10:44 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Clearin...

Re: sas data sets to excel #4
SaviCells can do this (yes, it is free). You can get it here: http://utilities.savian.net Specifically, look at: <Worksheet name="Class"> <Data sasLibrary="c:\temp" sasDataset="Class" formatHandling="1" dataType="sas7bdat"/> <Range start="B1" end="B3" name="testRange"></Range> </Worksheet> Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Mary Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:55 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: sas data sets to excel Maybe talk your client out of this? Or just do "passive-aggressive" and send it on two sheets? It is a really, really bad idea to put two different data sets on the same sheet. -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: Qiang Fu To: Mary Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:08 AM Subject: Re: sas data sets to excel Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I think, however, I didn't express me clearly in the MSG. What I want is to export two different SAS data sets into ONE weeksheet with one tab name instead of two weeksheets with two different tab names. The example you gave will export the data sets into two different tabs with names "sheet1" and "sheet2" respectively even they are in same workbook. I know this task sounds insane, but client needs. Any idea...

Re: How to transform Non-NORMAL data to NORMAL data in SAS? #4
Chakraborti, van de Wiel, and Bakir are working on such topics, so use those authors as search terms. Search "nonparametric control charts" in google and you'll be on your way. Warren Schlechte From: Fred [mailto:ieaggie2002@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:55 PM To: Warren Schlechte Subject: Re: How to transform Non-NORMAL data to NORMAL data in SAS? Thanks. Actually I have tried to search in google by using nonparametric transformation on nonnormal data to get such literature or papers. However, I did not get some detailed discussion or exemplification by some specific examples. So would you mind providing some technical papers or websites on this topic? Regards, Feng On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Warren Schlechte <Warren.Schlechte@tpwd.state.tx.us> wrote: Sorry, I wasn't specifically referring to a SAS procedure. A Google search of papers and books will give you a good starting point. My own work in this area consists of lots of simulations to define specificity and sensitivity at various percentiles. However, a plethora of literature in this arena exists, so it could be possible to find a technique that fits your needs without developing your own standards. Warren Schlechte From: Fred [mailto:ieaggie2002@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:30 PM To: Warren Schlechte Subject: Re: How to transform Non-NORMAL data to NORMAL data in SAS? Thanks, Warren What kind of nonparametric control chart in SAS or JMP? Any ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

Re: problem with large sas data sets #4
I don't accept it is reasonable to expect data corruption to occur without cause, even if the datasets are many or large...? At least your offsite backup should always be secure; your overnight and intraday backup should resolve short term faults, but there should always be a known reason why dataset x has gone kablooey. Rgds. On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 00:21:30 -0700, RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >On Apr 21, 4:51 pm, sas_9264 <Shiping9...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Hi, sometimes I have a problem to use unix command to copy, mv or soft >> link large sas data set(over 4-5 GB). After I do that, I cann't open >> that data anymore . Sas complain that ERROR: The open failed because >> library member TEMP.XXXXXX_XX041608.DATA is damaged.Does anyone has >> similar experience? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Shiping > >There was a post on this newsgroup (list) about a year ago of a huge >dataset having a few corrupted records after doing a copy. >Unfortunately, you should expect this. After copying a huge dataset, >and somehow being sure it has flushed from the cache, you should use a >utility to do a comparison or better, use proc compare to make sure >you made a good copy. Do a few million shuffles of chunks of data and >one or two might well not work. It's one of the reasons I state that a >"validated" sas reporting system can never be truly validated. There >are too man...

Re: Confused
Here is my understanding. The dataset has a physical ordering (idicated by the POS values) and a logical ordering (indicated by the # values). If Jimmy had constructed his test so that the variable names were not introduced in alphabetical order, this would be a bit more obvious because the # values are bound to the variables and would not be in sequential order in the alphabetic listing produced by PROC CONTENTS. For purposes of SAS coding and processing, it is the logical ordering that is important. For example, if you run PROC PRINT without ID or VAR statements, the variables will appear, ...

Re: Load time , sas data-set to Sql Server #4
>Could you elaborate on the 'BCP' and 'BCP_ERRORFILE' parameters ? See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/maintain/incbulklo ad.mspx Most DBMS's have a bulk load utility. Transaction inserts execute one at a time. With the BCP option in a SQL Server connection string, OLEdb calls the BCP utility program. It uses indexes to detect all violations of integrity constraints, writes exception errors to a file, and appends legal inserts onto base relations. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]...

Re: Open SAS Data Sets Directly from Windows Explorer into #4
Ended up uninstalling then reinstalling SAS, and that corrected the problem. Only difference between the two installs is that on the first install I told SAS to *NOT* change the file association for .LOG files. Apparently that confused the SAS installer in some way, and it decided not to create appropriate associations for other file types as well. Note that I definitely did NOT accidentally choose the option to make the same election for all file types. Anyway, I'm back in business for now, and don't have time to worry about this anomaly further at the moment... s/KAM ----- Orig...

Web resources about - Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #4 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Perform Calculations, Converstions Right the Chromebook App Launcher
Chromebook's browser-based operating system may be focused on the web, but its built-in app launcher has a few tricks up its sleeve—like performing ...

Mass–energy equivalence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In physics , mass–energy equivalence is the concept that the mass of an object or system is a measure of its energy content. For instance, adding ...

Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO), Multivariate & A/B Split Testing - acidgreen
Converstion optimisation is all about taking your existing traffic and turning them into customers and in turn increasing your online revenue. ...

directory - 2earn-online
Teaching people how I became a dot com millionaire Home All Articles Books Want more visitors? Coaching About Contact free hit counter Latest ...

About Us - 2 guys takling Mets baseball - 2 Guys Talking Mets Baseball
... other, about 20 years ago, on a Mets Message Board during the early days of AOL and dial-up modems. This blog is the result of many, many converstions ...

'Cured' of Homosexuality, Student Sues California
Student says the new law protecting LGBT kids from abuse would prevent him from doing his job.

Jewish mp3 downloads.Torah audio free listening.Judaism mp3s
Judaism - one stop for everything Jewish on mp3, Torah audio, Jewish Holidays, Israel , Holocaust Studies, Jewish Spirituality, Weekly Torah ...

Raising Alpacas - Our Guide To These Marvelous Animals
Do you want to know all about raising alpacas? So did we. This website passes along all the knowledge we gained on our journey into this exciting ...

Vintage Recording Formats - audiotools.com.
Information on vintage music recording equipment and formats

Official: Kansas City teens convert VW Karmann Ghia into all-electric, zero-emission beauty
... pure learning lessons, since the group is looking to produce enough kit parts for one EV conversion a month. For more on the Karmann Ghia converstion, ...