read raw data file from server

Hello,
  I have a lot of txt file on our server. I want to know how to write the infile statement in SAS since there is not any letter to identify the drive name?
  Thanks
  dd sf

---------------------------------
tggsun (63)

Dd sf -

You just need to specify the full UNC in the path.  Check your server
and share names.  In my case "HQ-SRV43\GROUPS" is the server name and
"INFSYS" is the share name.

filename test '\\HQ-SRV43\GROUPS\INFSYS\DataX\PC\Jobs\test.txt';

data _null_;
infile test;
input;
put _infile_;
run;

Here's a little more information on UNC's:

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/l/bldef_unc.htm

hth

Paul Choate
DDS Data Extraction
(916) 654-2160

0
pchoate (2538)
6/16/2006 10:24:07 PM
How do you specify the server, outside of SAS, when you try to copy a file
to it?

Art
----------
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:33:46 -0700, df ss <tggsun@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>Hello,
>  I have a lot of txt file on our server. I want to know how to write the
infile statement in SAS since there is not any letter to identify the
drive name?
>  Thanks
>  dd sf

>New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and
save big.
0
art297 (4213)