Running SAS programs from within a SAS program

Dear All,

I have several small(ish) SAS programs that convert
and format DBF files. Thanks to all who helped solve
formatting problems. I would like to create a master
SAS program that calls each one in sequence. Any
ideas?

Cheers,
Keith

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

Keith,

You can use a series of %include statements naming the programs in the order
you want to call them in.

%include "drive:\your_folder\program name.txt" ;

Mah-J

M. Soobader, PhD
Principal consultant
STATWORKS
www.statworks.com

I have several small(ish) SAS programs that convert
and format DBF files. Thanks to all who helped solve
formatting problems. I would like to create a master
SAS program that calls each one in sequence. Any
ideas?

Cheers,
Keith

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com
0
msoobader (65)
11/19/2005 3:54:54 AM
Or better when programs are in one directory

    file code "drive:\your_folder\" ;
    %inc code
       ( prog1
         prog2
         prog3
       ) ;

Then the next step is parameter driven macros in an autocall library.

    %prog1(parm1=...)
    %prog2(alpha=...)

Ian Whitlock
Date:         Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:54:54 -0500