SAS 8 and SAS 9 on the same server

I'm installing SAS 9.1.2 on a Windows 2000 server where the SAS 8 is
already installed and functional. For a test period, both version
should work on the same server.

What's the best way to configure the Object Spawner (Integration
Technologies)?? I think on these two options below:

Option 1: Create one Spawner service for each SAS version. I'd have two
services running on Windows, each one executing one specific version of
SAS.

Option 2: One only Spawner service. The Spawner file would have one
entry for each SAS version. Each SAS version would be alocated on a
diferent IOM port. Is this possible?

What is the best way??

TIA,
Edwin

Sorry, the new version that is being installed is 9.1.3. It's not 9.1.2.

I would recommend Option 1 but still isolate the TCP ports. SAS have
helpfully made all the BI server default ports end in 1 (eg 8591) for
the default environment of Lev1. It is relatively simple to create
multiple environments (Lev2, Lev3, etc) by modifying the ports assigned
by the configuration wizard to correspond i.e for Lev2 change the port
to 8592.