SAS 9.1.1 Vs SAS EG 4.1

Dear SAS-L listers,

I have tried the following sas code in both SAS 9.1(PC sas) and SAS EG 4.1
connected to a SAS 9.1.3 server on a unix machine. I am getting totally
different results. Can anybody tell me why is this so? In SAS EG 4.1, I
used cards/datalines to input the data, then i get the same result as in
SAS 9.1(PC sas).

The table ID created by the program has missing values, when executed in
SAS EG 4.1. The same table ID does not have any missing values in PC sas.

Is there any options or steps which will make the program give the same
result, irrespective of PC sas or SAS EG 4.1.

Please advice. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Kumar

****************SAS program******************
filename cre 'C:\Documents and Settings\test_data.cre';
data id  (keep = dnumber dimname i id)
     desc(keep = dnumber dimname i ldesc);
infile cre dlm=',' ;
length ldesc $80.; Length sdesc $40.;  array dname(99) $ _temporary_;
 array dsize(99)   _temporary_;
 do dnumber = 1 to 4;
   input dname(dnumber) dsize(dnumber);
   end;
 do dnumber = 1 to 4;
   dimname = dname(dnumber);
   do i = 1 to dsize(dnumber);
      input id $ @;
      if (id ne "")
          then output id;
          else i=i-1;
   end;
   input;
 end;
 do dnumber = 1 to 4;
   dimname = dname(dnumber);
   do i = 1 to dsize(dnumber);
      input ldesc $ sdesc $;
      output desc;
      end;
   end;
run;
**************sample data - test_data***************
mkt,12,
prod,13,
fct,7,
per,1,
mkt0,mkt1,mkt2,mkt3,mkt4,mkt5,mkt6,mkt7,mkt8,mkt9,
mkt10,mkt11,
H10,H150,H160,H170,H180,H210,H220,H230,
H240,H270,H420,H425,H430,
H1330,H70,H8700,H175,H15434,H710,H3411,
FB1806052,
Market1,Market1,
Market2,Market2,
Market3,Market3,
Market4,Market4,
Market5,Market5,
Market6,Market6,
Market7,Market7,
Market8,Market8,
Market9,Market9,
Market10,Market10,
Market11,Market11,
Market12,Market12,
product1,product1,
product2,product2,
product3,product3,
product4,product4,
product5,product5,
product6,product6,
product7,product7,
product8,product8,
product9,product9,
product10,product10,
product11,product11,
product12,product12,
product13,product13,
fact1,fact1,
fact2,fact2,
fact3,fact3,
fact4,fact4,
fact5,fact5,
fact6,fact6,
fact7,fact7,
Period1,period1,
lazybone2k (53)

Kumar

If you are using SAS EG connected to a unix server, and you are submitting the code on the unix server - then yes, I would expect you to get missing value as the unix server in all liklehood cannot see "c:\......"

Perhaps you could check the LOG generated by SAS EG and forward that to the list.

Cheers
Robin
---- SAS-L Nirmal <lazybone2k@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Dear SAS-L listers,
>
> I have tried the following sas code in both SAS 9.1(PC sas) and SAS EG 4.1
> connected to a SAS 9.1.3 server on a unix machine. I am getting totally
> different results. Can anybody tell me why is this so? In SAS EG 4.1, I
> used cards/datalines to input the data, then i get the same result as in
> SAS 9.1(PC sas).
>
> The table ID created by the program has missing values, when executed in
> SAS EG 4.1. The same table ID does not have any missing values in PC sas.
>
> Is there any options or steps which will make the program give the same
> result, irrespective of PC sas or SAS EG 4.1.
>
> Please advice. Thanks a lot.
>
> Cheers,
> Kumar
>
> ****************SAS program******************
> filename cre 'C:\Documents and Settings\test_data.cre';
> data id  (keep = dnumber dimname i id)
>      desc(keep = dnumber dimname i ldesc);
> infile cre dlm=',' ;
> length ldesc $80.; Length sdesc $40.;  array dname(99) $ _temporary_;
>  array dsize(99)   _temporary_;
>  do dnumber = 1 to 4;
>    input dname(dnumber) dsize(dnumber);
>    end;
>  do dnumber = 1 to 4;
>    dimname = dname(dnumber);
>    do i = 1 to dsize(dnumber);
>       input id $ @;
>       if (id ne "")
>           then output id;
>           else i=i-1;
>    end;
>    input;
>  end;
>  do dnumber = 1 to 4;
>    dimname = dname(dnumber);
>    do i = 1 to dsize(dnumber);
>       input ldesc $ sdesc $;
>       output desc;
>       end;
>    end;
> run;
> **************sample data - test_data***************
> mkt,12,
> prod,13,
> fct,7,
> per,1,
> mkt0,mkt1,mkt2,mkt3,mkt4,mkt5,mkt6,mkt7,mkt8,mkt9,
> mkt10,mkt11,
> H10,H150,H160,H170,H180,H210,H220,H230,
> H240,H270,H420,H425,H430,
> H1330,H70,H8700,H175,H15434,H710,H3411,
> FB1806052,
> Market1,Market1,
> Market2,Market2,
> Market3,Market3,
> Market4,Market4,
> Market5,Market5,
> Market6,Market6,
> Market7,Market7,
> Market8,Market8,
> Market9,Market9,
> Market10,Market10,
> Market11,Market11,
> Market12,Market12,
> product1,product1,
> product2,product2,
> product3,product3,
> product4,product4,
> product5,product5,
> [...]

Re: SAS 9.1.1 Vs SAS EG 4.1
Kumar If you are using SAS EG connected to a unix server, and you are submitting the code on the unix server - then yes, I would expect you to get missing value as the unix server in all liklehood cannot see "c:\......" Perhaps you could check the LOG generated by SAS EG and forward that to the list. Cheers Robin ---- SAS-L Nirmal <lazybone2k@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > Dear SAS-L listers, > > I have tried the following sas code in both SAS 9.1(PC sas) and SAS EG 4.1 > connected to a SAS 9.1.3 server on a unix machine. I am getting totally > different results. Can an...

SAS System Viewer 9.1 unable to open SAS datasets ( SAS 9.1.3)
SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). Does this need SAS System Viewer to be upgraded ? or Something else needs to be done ? In message <0ae08496-acd1-4c40-8828-b88d059c0d0e@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, msiddu2000 <msiddu2000@gmail.com> writes >SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by >V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created >with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). > >Does this need SAS System...

Re: SAS System Viewer 9.1 unable to open SAS datasets ( SAS 9.1.3)
A question in return: is your table from windows? compressed from another system? and specially with personnel formats hard coded inside? Andre msiddu2000 a �crit : > SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by > V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created > with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). > > Does this need SAS System Viewer to be upgraded ? > or > Something else needs to be done ? > > -- Andr� WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 7598...

SAS Clinical Data Standards Toolkit 1.2 for SAS 9.1.3
For download: SAS Clinical Data Standards Toolkit 1.2 for SAS 9.1.3 http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/12clintlkt.html On Jul 22, 10:51=A0am, Lex Jansen <lexjan...@gmail.com> wrote: > For download: > > SAS Clinical Data Standards Toolkit 1.2 for SAS 9.1.3 > > http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/12clintlkt.html ------- It is very useful for SAS users, thanks a lot! Chunming LI Is toolkit for SAS 9.2 also available? If yes, may i have the link. Thanks Such On Jul 22, 12:28=A0pm, IndiMatrix <chunming.li...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Jul 22, 10:51=...

1 - 1, 1 -1, 1-1, 1
Hi, I have a question regarding lexical analysis. I recently came across a bug in our lexical analyser in phc (www.phpcompiler.org), that I am unsure how to solve. This is the problem: our current definition for integer constant looks something like INT ([1-9][0-9]*)|0 In particular, note that it does not allow for an (optional) "+" or "-" at the start of the integer. This means that the strings "1 - 1", "1 -1" and "1-1" all generate the same sequence of three tokens INT(1), OP(-), INT(1), for which the syntax analyser generates the subtr...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.new...

1.9.1-p376 vs. 1.9.1-p378
I just noticed that both http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ and http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/ advertise 1.9.1-p376, but ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ also contains ruby-1.9.1-p378 as well? Which is preferred? Regards, Jeremy Henty Jeremy Henty wrote: > I just noticed that both http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ and > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/ advertise 1.9.1-p376, but > ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ also contains ruby-1.9.1-p378 as > well? Which is preferred? > > Regards, > > Jeremy Henty p376 is the advertised as the ...

Re: SAS 9.1.3 on 1.33 GHz Laptop? #4
....and 9.1.3 has strong tools to fill up memory, if available. E.g you can use hash objects for joining data instead of merge or SQL. Very fast, if you have enough memory left. Have also a look on all the "important" tools, which fill up your memory, to keep it free for SAS. Many of that things are started when booting, but are unnecessarily. That hundreds of things which are waiting for you to start a editor or a photo-book, or a video tool are unnecessary. If you really need one of that tools, start it. The resident programs only save some seconds for you, but they fill up memory ...

Re: Emailing SAS Graphs using the pull down option -- SAS 9.1 #4
I think this is what I would expect. There is no love lost between the space on my hard drive and BMP files. I find them to be extremely inefficient and prefer one of the compressed formats, selecting the level of compression the task will bear. This also means I specify an output file name and use an appropriate SAS/Graph driver for the output. The default behaviour is useful only to demonstrate that the graph generation works and that the email engine is correctly configured. Depending on an approach that delivers bloat mails puts my work at risk of not being read due to file sizes and e...

Enterprise Guide 4.1/SAS 9.1.3
Hi Folks, I would like to know if there is any way in EG 4.1 / SAS 9.1.3 to disable a SAS user from defining their own libnames. We wish to provide standard libnames, and not allow a SAS user to define their own libraries. Any help/workarounds for these would be useful. Regards Deepak On Jun 2, 6:46=A0am, Deepak Mathur <deepaksin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I would like to know if there is any way in EG 4.1 / SAS 9.1.3 to > disable a SAS user from defining their own libnames. We wish to > provide standard libnames, and not allow a SAS user to d...

plot 1, -1, 1, -1, -1
Hi, How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? thanks x = linspace(-4*pi,4*pi,1000); y = sin(x); plot(x,sign(y)), axis([-12 12 -2 2]) PZ <patrick.zou@gmail.com> wrote in message <d64c545f-f2ac-4f87-af89-051bda896707@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? > > thanks help stairs stairs([-1 1 -1 1 -1 1]) hth Jos ...

Configuring SAS 9.1 / 9.2 to Autorun SAS/Connect code
Is there a way to have my SAS installation automatically run my SAS/ Connect code and scripts when I open it so that I don't have to do it manually? In other words, I want to double click on the icon on my desktop and have SAS open up connected to the remote server and ready for me to submit jobs. Thanks! Dear SAS-L-ers, JT posted the following: > > Is there a way to have my SAS installation automatically run my SAS/ > Connect code and scripts when I open it so that I don't have to do it > manually? In other words, I want to double click on the icon on my > desktop...

Summary of the differences of Base SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2
Anyone have the release notes (or a summary of it?) On what the major differences to expect from Base SAS 9.1.3 and 9.2? From what I heard, there aren't that many differences besides a new installer that helps with upgrades. ...

Re: Summary of the differences of Base SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2
You heard wrong... check out sascommunity.org, there's a page there somewhere that describes the differences. The major things that make a difference to me are XLSX support and improved hash support, but FCMP and ODS/Proc Template improvements undoubtedly make a huge difference to many folks. -Joe On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Jerry <jerryang@cisco.com> wrote: > Anyone have the release notes (or a summary of it?) On what the major > differences to expect from Base SAS 9.1.3 and 9.2? > > From what I heard, there aren't that many differences besides a new > in...

Web resources about - SAS 9.1.1 Vs SAS EG 4.1 - comp.soft-sys.sas

SAS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Serial attached SCSI , a computer bus technology for the transfer of data to and from storage devices (e.g., hard disks) Text is available under ...

Sass Brown (@sassbrown01) on Twitter

SAS Survival Guide for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get SAS Survival Guide for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

SAS Galley Cart: Ready for service - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is a 1970s-vintage galley cart from SAS airlines; when I found it at an aircraft scrapyard, it looked like this. I cleaned it up at a self-serve ...

SAS 737-600 Taxi and Takeoff from Gothenburg Landvetter! - YouTube
Like my Facebook page for exclusive previews, shots and much more! http://www.facebook.com/Dantorp11 Hope you enjoy! A donation of any size enables ...

The SAS path to fitness
Scrabbling SAS-style across the world's toughest obstacle course is the latest fitness fad for young Australians.

SAS to protect crews on arms drops in Iraq
Elite SAS soldiers will fly on the RAAF's Hercules transport planes to provide protection to the crew when they land in coming days in Kurdish-controlled ...

SAS sniper photo raises new doubts in Princess Diana conspiracy
PHOTOGRAPHS of a British SAS sniper lying on a Welsh bridge with his long-range rifle have prompted a fresh investigation into a Princess Diana ...

SAS soldiers set to travel to Iraq
SAS soldiers may be on the Australian RAAF planes delivering weapons to Kurdish fighters in Iraq.

Sass & Bide New York Fashion Week
Designers Heidi Middleton and Sarah-Jane Clarke returned to the brand’s signature silhouettes mixing sleek dresses and tapered pants with sharp, ...