SAS CONNECT/SAS Display Manager or BASE SAS

Hi,
We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to  use BASE
SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide.

But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses.
I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can I
install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server?
Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS?

What's options we have. Please help.

Thanks
0
abcunha (61)

On Oct 21, 8:11=A0am, abcu...@YAHOO.COM (Abc Unha) wrote:
> Hi,
> We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to =A0us=
e BASE
> SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide.
>
> But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses.
> I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can I
> install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server?
> Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS?
>
> What's options we have. Please help.
>
> Thanks

Not sure this is possible or legal.

I wonder if it is possible to install the SAS learning addition on a
PC and buy just SAS connect.

If you can't do that then perhaps

If your server file system is mountable under windows you should be
able to offload a lot of SAS development to the learnining edition and
either write or purchase some sophisticated ultaedit/ftp program to
mirror batch server logs and lists. I have set up function keys in
display manager to submit highlighted display manager code or whole
programs ito unix batch. The log is automatically returned to my
windows display manager. note i.i has log, note j.j has list, noyr h.h
has a log scrub. I have SAS connect but it should be possible without
connect.
0
xlr82sas (385)