SAS/CONNECT: Trying to run simple MP Connect example

Hi, all.

More misadventures with SAS/CONNECT.

I am trying to learn how to use MP Connect, so I tried to run a very simple
example in SAS 8.2 on a Windows XP IBM T30 Thinkpad, like one shown in:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/hosts/pc/papers/8

something like this:

options autosignon = yes ;
options sascmd = "C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\sas.exe";

/* Remote submit first task. */
rsubmit process=task1 wait=no;
data part1 ;
  keep i j ;
  do i = 1 to 100 ;
    j = 2 * i ;
    output ;
  end ;
run;
endrsubmit;

/* Remote submit second task. */
/* SIGNON performed automatically by RSUBMIT. */
rsubmit process=task2 wait=no;
data part2 ;
  keep i k ;
  do i = 51 to 150 ;
    k = 3 * i ;
    output ;
  end ;
run;
endrsubmit;

/* Wait for both tasks to complete. */
waitfor _all_ task1 task2;

*/ Merge the results and continue processing. */
data merge_1_2 ;
  merge part1 part2 ;
    by i ;
run;

I can't even get the first rsubmit to work.  Here's what happens :

1
2 options autosignon = yes ;
3 options sascmd = "C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\sas.exe";
4 /* Remote submit first task. */
5 rsubmit process=task1 wait=no;
NOTE: Remote signon to TASK1 commencing (SAS Release 8.02.02M0P012301).
ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has
occurred.
ERROR: SAS did not start properly. Please insure that your sascmd value does
not attempt to run SAS in the background.
ERROR: Remote submit to TASK1 cancelled.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some system option I need to set?

Thanks!

--  TMK  --
0
TopKatz (425)