SAS created Excel files unreadable under Win 7

hi all:

a week ago i finally did a clean install of 64-bit windows 7 on an
almmost 3-year dual Opteron box that had been running 64-bit XP since
October 2007

i'm running the latest 64-bit v9.2 and Office 2007

today, when i went to open an Excel file created from one of my sas
jobs and Excel siad it found unreadable content and asked if i wanted
to recover it ... of course i said yes, yet when i opened the file,
all data was gone

ggogled all around and found other posts saying that Excel file
created by other 3rd party apps would give the same unreadable message
under Win 7 (using both Excel 2003 & 2007)

i then opened my 64-bit Vista laptop here at the office, and was able
to open the SAS created Excel file (that was still on my dual Opteron
box) with no problems

saved it, first to the laptop (and then copied to the desktop machine)
and secondly, saved it directly back to the desktop after opening

and then it would open fine under Win7 ?!?!!?

note: on the proc export i use the DBMS = XLS option (as that's the
only one that will work w/ 64-bit *and* support the SHEET option)

according to the all the other posts i had discovered/read, M$ has
failed to respond to this apparent problem w/ Win 7 reading Excel
files created by these other 3rd party apps (that all worked, and
still work, fine under Vista and XP

also

many of these other posts did not mention any 64-bitness ....

so

was wondering, if anyone out ther under Win 7 might whip out a quick
SAS created/test Excel file & see if it opens OK for you

again: it appears that whatever file-format SAS and these 3rd party
apps have been using is no longer working under Win 7

thanks
0
William

OpenGL Technical FAQ as pdf file
The pdf download link at this page: http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/about.htm#abou0031 doesn't work. Is there anybody who has a local copy of that file? I can find some older versions with google: http://www.google.nl/search?q=%22OpenGL+FAQ+and+Troubleshooting+Guide%22+filetype:pdf&hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&filter=0 but I would like to have the latest version (November 1, 2001). BR RenoX "John" <compie@bigfoot.com> a �crit dans le message de news:f3e150ac.0406020523.75f1df7d@posting.google.com... > The pdf download link at this page: > http:...

2/10-2/14 Unofficial SAS Weblog Posts
2/10-2/14 Unofficial SAS Weblog Posts http://sas.weblogsinc.com/ CODE: Ready, Set, GO! GO! GO! GO! ... GO! Feb 14, 2005, 12:03 AM ET http://sas.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000523031498/ SEMI-OT: BS in CS = Java Vocational Training? Feb 13, 2005, 12:38 AM ET http://sas.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000133031437/ NEWS: Back to e-School Feb 12, 2005, 11:22 PM ET http://sas.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000530031430/ TIPS: Rolling Your Own SAS Help Feb 10, 2005, 11:31 PM ET http://sas.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000537031240/ ...

SAS/C Y2K error?
I'm making use of __DATE__ with SAS/C for the first time and discovered that the date is off by one day. At first I thought my RTC might be out of line with reality but it is correct. SASI made a Y2K error when they implemented the __DATE__ operations? In article <20050630.7A24BB0.8B8D@mojaveg.iwvisp.com>, Everett M. Greene wrote: > I'm making use of __DATE__ with SAS/C for the first > time and discovered that the date is off by one day. > At first I thought my RTC might be out of line with > reality but it is correct. SASI made a Y2K error > when...

Creating A DLL in Lab View for C++
dear Friends, &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I want to creat a DLL for a code which i have developed in LabVIEW. I want to convert this code into a dll so that i can use this code into VC++. Please suggest the method to do so. &nbsp; Thank You. &nbsp; ...

solutions manual, test bank for Economics of Development 7e 7/E 7th edition by Perkins Radelet Lindauer Block (norton) contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Economics of Development 7e 7/E 7th edition by Perkins Radelet Lindauer Block (norton) solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Economics of Development 7e 7/E 7th edition by Perkins Radelet Lindauer Block (norton) ...

Re: Do you think sas programmers should only use sas? #28
Agree totally...maybe the difference between a statistician and a programmer! Susie Li TV Guide 1211 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10036 Tel 212.852.7453 Email susie.li@tvguide.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard Read Allen Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 3:14 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Do you think sas programmers should only use sas? Toby, You need a spell-checker badly. :-) Richard (one of those statistician-programmers) At 12:45 PM 8/9/2005, Toby wrote: >SIg, > >I think I am the caus...

merge files and compute
Hi. I'm looking for a way to compare files and compute an average value automatically. My files are all built like this: Field_1 value_1 = a value_2 = b value_3 = c Field_2 value_4 = x value_5 = y value_6 = z .....and so forth Now I want to compute the average value of all this files, like : ./ compute_avg files/* > avg.txt Unfortunately I'm not that good in awk for example, I'd appreciate any help. On Thursday 18 September 2008 18:18, vogel wrote: > Hi. > I'm looking for a way to compare files and compute an average value > automatically. > > My file...

Korean data load from Excel sheet to Oracle table
Hi all, we are trying to load Korean data from a Excel Sheet in to Oracle Database (8.1.7.3 with NLS_LANG=American_America.UTF8) We successfully transferred the Unicode file to our Unix server... now on server side, what should we set to NLS_LANG so that when we perform dataload via sqlloader, it will be in right format and when u spool the select on the recently loaded data it will be Korean data.. not junk Chars like Boxes and ???.... We tried setting NLS_LANG to Korean_Korea.UTF8 as well as American_America.KO16KSC5601 but everything, sql loader will return NO errors.. and...

US-PA: King of Prussia-SAS Programmers #7
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: SAS Programmers Job Loca...

SAS 9.1 is Here
At least for Solaris, we received it last week. Be forewarned: The installation instructions are... I just can't think of an adequate description. Thorough, yes, but voluminous! Gone are the days when one could blindly feed CDs to perform an install. Tim Braam US Census Bureau On 2 Feb 2004 07:19:21 -0800, timothy.j.braam@census.gov (Tim Braam) wrote: >At least for Solaris, we received it last week. SI has just told me that general availability (i.e., for sites not on the LA list) of 9.1 for the Win32 platform will be "2nd quarter". JW "Tim Braam" <timoth...

Re: SAS & .Net ?? #3
hi, I suggest you to go to read the exchanges of e-mails to this subject (java and .net), in the archives of SAS-L. The period has to be between October, 2004 and February, 2005. The main interlocutors were Alan Churchill and Richard DeVenezia. St�phane. ----Message d'origine---- >Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 04:03:18 GMT >De: Josh Grameson <moon248@BORDERLESSGROUP.COM> >Sujet: Re: SAS & .Net ?? >A: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >Thanks so much for your reply. > >Well it's a collection of apps in SAS that returns various number analysis >based o...

US-TX-Austin,: Firmware Developer, Real time embedded systems, C, File Systems (45346157608)
US-TX-Austin,: Firmware Developer, Real time embedded systems, C, File Systems (45346157608) ============================================================================================ Position: Firmware Developer Reference: JGG00044 Location: Austin, TX Duration: contract to possible perm Skills: BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience Required: 5 years of experience Real time embedded systems High proficiency in C Strong knowledge of assembl...

New Class File Format For Dolphin
Dolphin, Java 1.7, will have a new class file format. "The new format is in keeping with Sun's commitment to industry standards" said company spokesman Scott Indigo. New JVMs will read both the old and new formats, but the compilers will generate only the new, unless you use the -target feature to select the old format. Of course this would preclude the use of new Dolphin features. The new format is defined with an XSD schema, in other words, it is a type of XML. Happily, I'm just teasing, but ...

Need help with PDF output and creating a package
Hi all, I wrote a small package to use PDF OCGs (optional content groups, aka layers) from LaTeX. Below you can see where I'm standing. I can create OCGs just fine (as long as they don't include a \newpage, but that's not unexpected). However, the generated PDF is not 100% clean. Ghostscript says: **** File did not complete the page properly and may be damaged. Acroread (8.1.1) still displays the file after a warning. This must be some stupid oversight since I have an example with OCGs that is Ok. The difference is that I moved the code to generate the PDF stuff from the sourc...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

How to lock the SAS code from editing?
Hi, there, People work in a server could share SAS code to each other. Sometims, one could accidently change others' code and save it. Is there a way that autho= r could lock the SAS code from editing and still could share it with others? Thank you. JP More details please: * what operating system? * where is the code stored? external files? sas catalog entry? etc. Your question begs the answer "just make the file readonly", but without appropriate details it's difficult to help further. "Jianping Zhu" <zhujp98@GMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:6716d5d0...

Get size of a file while it is being written
Hello I'm working on a backup program thesedays. The feature now I want to develop is monitoring the progress in real time. So I'd like to know size of a file while it is being written. The file is written by rar(compression program). I tried to get the size by CFile::GetStatus or stat function, but failed. They seemed to be unable to get the file size while it is being written. But the window explorer or dir command shows the file size is growing while the rar is compressing. So I think there must be some way to get the file size. Can I get an advice on this problem...

parsing a line in a file
Hi all, I am rading a file line by line. In this how to find out the number of words in that line? ex: 1) push pop (two words) 2) push (one word) regards Sree In article <e9936b79.0404280254.1bea2902@posting.google.com>, Sree <serverin2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi all, > I am rading a file line by line. In this how to find out the number >of words in that line? > >ex: 1) push pop (two words) > 2) push (one word) . . . llength $line That's the simplest answer, and one that's likely to satisfy you for a while. It has many problems...

SAS ETL
hi, I need to use the ETL for multiple data inputs and multiple data sets.This can be possible in user written code data transform. Can u please tell me how to use the tool properly for the Multiple Inputs and Multiple outputs. Please explain withe steps to follow. I was getting an eroor whenever i use splitter and user written code . User written code can how far be useful. plaese help me SUNNY. praveencbharadwaj@GMAIL.COM wrote: >hi, > >I need to use the ETL for multiple data inputs and multiple data >sets.This can be possible in user written code data transform. >Can ...

Re: SAS Help #22 678897
Here you go: data test; input var1; cards; 345678 213987654 575854 ; data final; set test; format var1 z10.; run; proc print;run; Thanks and Regards, Asif Syed Senior Developer Performance Management yale New haven Health System This message originates from Yale New Haven Health System. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are the intended recipient you must maintain this message in a secure and confidential manner. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Thank you. ...

XP NTFS Index File System polluted?
I am running XP Pro and NTFS partitions with dual boot. I have resorted to having a dual boot partition because my main primary XP Partition is horribly slow in starting and accessing apps and even using CCLEANER. I have run Chkdsk and Scannow and the problem with the file system is still there. When running Scanndisk, the Verifying index is also very very slow (Stage 2). Stuck at 0 % for about 15+ minutes if not longer. Level 1 out of 3 scan is fast enough (verifying files). The above is in contrast to my other partitition that I use which is very fast however, I have not...

US-TX-Round Rock: Reporting Analyst, SAS, SQL, Regression/Correlation analysis (45321432403)
US-TX-Round Rock: Reporting Analyst, SAS, SQL, Regression/Correlation analysis (45321432403) ============================================================================================ Position: Reporting Analyst Reference: SMC01647 Location: Round Rock TX Duration: 1450hrs Skills: Ability to design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data. Background in statistics. Graphical experience and/or executive summary experience required. JUMP experience. ...

Creating a new XML object using namespaced elements

Create Object in Rich Text Field Using Word Template
Hi, I am using createobject to embed a word document within a document. My database is based on the MS Office Document template and I have been looking into the OLERoutines lotusscript. I would like to create a word document within my form but have a word template of my choice be invoked automatically. Does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks Hi Melvig, I did this with attached word documents. The word templates are stored in a template database a attachments, too. The logic is: When creating a new document - calculate the template to use - get the correct template docu...

Searching for SAS Programming Tips: A Guide to Efficient SAS Programming
Hi, I have 9.1.3 SAS help lists a particular reference "SAS Programming Tips: A Guide to Efficient SAS Programming". I tried searching for this in SAS help but with no success. Using the search button returned 9 entries but none of them has the actual document. Is this resource included in help? Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi Hari, Go to Amazon.com and put in that title. It is available there for $12.48 (U.S. dollars). Regards, Barb US - Michigan On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:38:48 -0800, Hari <excel_hari@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 9.1.3 > >SAS...