SAS Data Integration Studio - Documentation

Hi all,

I like to use SAS DI Studio to develop all ETL job flow. And I like to
know if any solution to generate a well structured documentation of
all the job flows.....??? Thanks

Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com
Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com ...

Hiring SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio experience for a 9 months project in Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com
Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio experience for a 9 months project in Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com ...

SAS Data Integration Studio
Hi In SAS data integratio studio.. I would like to get the observation number as it is possible in base sas as _n_. Please let me know whether this can be done ...

SAS\ETL, Data integrator Studio.
Hi Frineds.... I want to learn SAS\ETL , SAS Data Integrator Studio, SAS Web Intelligence tools etc.. Could you please send me the soft copies\PPT's\PDF's and links related to that? Thanks in advance. Regards Suvi. On Mar 11, 11:45=A0am, Suvi <svb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Frineds.... > > I want to learn SAS\ETL , SAS Data Integrator Studio, SAS Web > Intelligence tools etc.. > > Could you please send me the soft copies\PPT's\PDF's and links related > to that? > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards > Suvi. hi, its ok pdf's are available in sas site itself but do u have software to practice them Regards vinod On Mar 11, 2:26=A0pm, vasu <vinodh...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Mar 11, 11:45=A0am, Suvi <svb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi Frineds.... > > > I want to learn SAS\ETL , SAS Data Integrator Studio, SAS Web > > Intelligence tools etc.. > > > Could you please send me the soft copies\PPT's\PDF's and links related > > to that? > > > Thanks in advance. > > > Regards > > Suvi. > > hi, > > its ok pdf's are available in sas site itself but do u have software > to practice them > > Regards > vinod No, i dont have software for practice. Just i am going to get some knowledge about it and can be useful for my assignments. Thanks. Suvi. On Mar 11, 11:45=A0am, Suvi <svb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Fri...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

SAS Data Integration Studio Online Training at VirtualNuggets
SAS Data Integration Studio enable users to rapidly build and edit data int= egration, to mechanically capture and manage standardized metadata from any= source, and to with no trouble display, visualize, and understand enterpri= se metadata and your data integration processes. SAS Data Integration Studi= o is a component in a number of SAS software contributions, including SAS D= ata Management Advanced. About VirtualNuggets VirtualNuggets is progressive online education assistance team related to s= oftware programming and other IT services. VirtualNuggets offer you efficie= ...

Re: SAS Data Integration Studio Update Performance
Have you looked at the Bulkload option? HTH. ...

autoexec.sas file ignored in ETL (Data Integration studio)
I have created autoexec.sas file on sas server in D:\program files\SAS\SAS9.1 and D:\program files\SAS\SASETLStudio\9.1. SAS Workspace (Base sas) is executing autoexec.sas file but ETL Studio ignored this file. what is the problem with ETL Studio? Should I have to modify config file? ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET
Hi All I have several SAS datasets that are very very big. (50GB of size). Every month, the data is being appended to these datasets. I need to deleted the data which is greater than 24 months. What is the best method to do this? Please help me. I tried PROC SQS and DATA STEP. But these two are taking very long time. Data prod.Master_data; set prod.master_date; if snap_dt = "&end_dt"d then delete; run; proc sql; crete table prod.master_date from prod.master_date where snap_dt ne "&end_dt"d; quit; Hi You could use a 'modify' statement (data step). Th...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. T...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #17
When I used this code, I am receiving the following warning. It completely deleted my prod.master_date SAS Dataset. Do you know what is going on here? WARNING: This SAS global statement is not supported in PROC SQL. It has been ignored. On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:17:25 -0500, Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET> wrote: >One thing you might do is to add an index on the snap_dt to the dataset; if that's there then you should be able to delete the records in place: > >proc sql; > delete from prod.master_date; > where snap_dt = "&end_dt"d; >quit; >run; > &...

Import Data in the SAS Folders with SAS 9.3
Hi everyone, I 'm a beginner with SAS 9.3. In my company, there is a filesystem dedicated for SAS user (on the SAS ser= ver). It is divided into several directories. With the 9.1.3 I have configured th= e 'Files' directory (in the SAS Main server, under the libraries), with Win= dows security to separate data. But it doesn't work with SAS9.3. Everybody = sees everything. So I would try to use the "SAS Folders" functionnality (with Metadata (ACT)= to manage the securiry. I can create sub-folder in the ShareData folder. But how can I add SAS tables in theses folders. I tried with DIS (import ta= bles), but each time I need to create a libname. Our users like create a lo= t of sub directories for their projects. So I wouldn't create its one by on= e. Is there a way to do this simplier ? What are the best practices to manage = security folder. I would like to start with a clean installation. Thank for your response. J=E9r=F4me. ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #16
Summary: SAS Scalable Performance Data Server #iw-value=1 Chandra, You now have a number of reasonable suggestions to your problem that place the burden on the programmer, but I did not see mention of the SAS Scalable Performance Data Server. This is a SAS product designed to handle large amounts of data. Considering the size of your data set suggests that perhaps it is time to spend money on the problem. Even the SPDE engine included with the base product might help, particularly if the computer has several CPUs. Ian Whitlock =============== Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:14:22 -0400...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #14
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:54:08 -0400, Dave Scocca <dave@SCOCCA.ORG> wrote: >--On 8/15/08 6:03 PM -0400 Chang Chung wrote: > >> good point! but as shown below, you can make a view of multiple datasets >> having the separate indexes, and where seems to be fine with this. >> interesting. ran on sas 9.1.3 sp4 on windows. > >> /* make a view of two datasets appended */ >> proc sql feedback; >> drop view work.oneTwo; >> create view oneTwo as >> select * from one union select * from two >> order by age; >> quit; > >One thought on this--at least in my general approach to using views--is you >probably want to avoid the ORDER BY statement--especially if it's the variable >you're indexing on and you want to use a subset. > >For any amount of data above a trivial one, there's no sense in forcing the >view to re-order th >e data if it doesn't have to. Eliminating ORDER BY is not going to do any good unless the ALL option is invoked for the UNION operator. Otherwise the view is going to purge duplicate rows, and will sort the rows to support that process. Ian mentioned the ALL option but did not emphasize its importance. > >Dave ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #19
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:26:14 -0400, SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde <ddraj2015@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >When I used this code, I am receiving the following warning. It completely >deleted my prod.master_date SAS Dataset. Do you know what is going on here? > >WARNING: This SAS global statement is not supported in PROC SQL. It has >been ignored. In PROC SQL, WHERE must be a clause within a statement, not a freestanding statement. Get rid of the semicolon immediately before the word "where". Incidentally, I think the warning is inaccurate in referring to a WHERE statement as a global statement. > > > >On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:17:25 -0500, Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET> wrote: > >>One thing you might do is to add an index on the snap_dt to the dataset; >if that's there then you should be able to delete the records in place: >> >>proc sql; >> delete from prod.master_date; >> where snap_dt = "&end_dt"d; >>quit; >>run; >> >>In both the ways you are trying now you are creating new data sets rather >than deleting records from the current data set; it would seem to me that a >SQL delete statement would be faster than creating new datasets even if >there isn't an index on the date. >> >>-Mary >> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde >> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> Sent: Friday, August ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #5
I also read that this could be a problem on machines that have multiple = processors, such as running DB2; if the data is clustered and each = processor takes care of one cluster, then you could have queries all = hitting the same processor instead of distributing the load across all = processors, thus potentially slowing down queries in peak periods where = you have multiple queries at the same time, if queries tend to be based = on the month (such as bank statements). Thus I'd proceed with caution = on the idea of splitting one table into 24 tables with one view without = making sure th...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #4
Summary: PROC DATASETS; AGE statement. + VIEWs This won't help you delete data from your very big data set, but you may find this example interesting. You say you append data monthly to a big data set then when big gets too big you need to clean out the old. And that takes a very long time. However if you don't physically append but use a view to append/combine you may find it easier to get rid of the unwanted old data. Consider this code. it pushes MonthlyUpdate onto the stack of 24 data sets and the 24th data set is deleted. Then all the data sets get renamed to produce a new g...

SAS CONNECT/SAS Display Manager or BASE SAS
Hi, We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to use BASE SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide. But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses. I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can I install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server? Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS? What's options we have. Please help. Thanks On Oct 21, 8:11=A0am, abcu...@YAHOO.COM (Abc Unha) wrote: > Hi, > We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to =A0us...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #6
I have been watching this thread today and I just now recall an example that Paul Dorfman gave at a RUG several years ago and no, I don't recall exactly where or when other than it was NESUG or SESUG in the past 5 years. Anyway, Paul had a client who was storing something like the past 12 months of transactions as variables andat the start of each month needed to stick the just ended month on the end and drop the oldest month. Paul used Peek to read the last 11 months of each obs as a single chunk of data, append the current's month, and then used Poke to write the whole new obs as a ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #15
Summary: Suggestions for maintaining large data set #iw-value=1 Chandra, You are essentially making a copy of a 50GB file every month. Of course, it takes long. Consequently you either have to copy the data more efficiently or modify how the data is stored and/or used. Have you looked at system options to make this as efficient as possible? Big buffers, many buffers. Different disk handlers for input and output would also speed up the process since it is mainly IO bound. (These topics have been discussed on SAS-L, in papers, and documentation. I have not found the techniques necessary...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #13
I am not expert with indexes, but I would expect that an index on each data set would be employed even when the data are accessed through a view. If that is correct, there would be clear advantage to indexing data for each month separately. If the data are in one large file, then when old data are deleted and new data added, the entire index will need to be recreated on all of the data. That is a big operation. If, instead, data are maintained in separate files for each month and each month of data is indexed independently, then indexing needs to be performed only for the new data. The ind...

SAS Formats
Hi group, I am new to SAS formats and not sure of what SAS formats are. Is SAS formats analogous to "Variable & Value Labels" of SPSS. I have a SAS dataset for which I also have SAS formats separately and I want to convert it into SPSS data but unable to get value labels. When I try to look at the SAS dataset, I am unable to do it unless I put formats in the work folder and then try to open the dataset. I used the following code to get the SPSS data. Please suggest me a way to get SPSS data from SAS with value labels. Thanks, Karan __________________________________________...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname...

Web resources about - SAS Data Integration Studio - Documentation - comp.soft-sys.sas

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The GNU Free Documentation License ( GNU FDL or simply GFDL ) is a copyleft license for free documentation, designed by the Free Software Foundation ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Making Our Documentation Better
Over the past several months, our engineering team has been working on improving the quality of our documentation. Today, we are excited to announce ...

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...