SAS Error Message

Has anyone ever seen the below error?  It's a crazy Segmentation Fault
error that I get in the log when trying to execute a shell script from
SAS.  The actual log is at the bottom.  We can't seem to figure it out.
I'm running SAS for windows version 9.

I am getting the error when I run the following code:

=20

x '/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/green_net/run_ftp.sh';

=20

REMOTE(WFSAS): MetaReady

REMOTE(WFSAS): /users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/green_net/appr_comm_ftp.sh:
401836 Segmentation

fault(coredump)

=20

Thanks in advance...

Bruce,

Is the following of any help? http://acs.ucsd.edu/info/error.coredump.php

Art
-------------
On Mar 22, 4:13 pm, bruce.b.al...@WELLSFARGO.COM (Bruce Allen) wrote:
> Has anyone ever seen the below error?  It's a crazy Segmentation Fault
> error that I get in the log when trying to execute a shell script from
> SAS.  The actual log is at the bottom.  We can't seem to figure it out.
> I'm running SAS for windows version 9.
>
> I am getting the error when I run the following code:
>
> =20
>
> x '/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/green_net/run_ftp.sh';
>
> =20
>
> REMOTE(WFSAS): MetaReady
>
> REMOTE(WFSAS): /users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/green_net/appr_comm_ftp.sh:
> 401836 Segmentation
>
> fault(coredump)
>
> =20
>
> Thanks in advance...

0
art297 (4213)
3/22/2007 9:57:23 PM
bruce.b.allen@WELLSFARGO.COM wrote:
>Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:13:04 -0500
>
>Has anyone ever seen the below error?  It's a crazy Segmentation Fault
>error that I get in the log when trying to execute a shell script from
>SAS.  The actual log is at the bottom.  We can't seem to figure it out.
>I'm running SAS for windows version 9.
>
>I am getting the error when I run the following code:
>

>x '/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/green_net/run_ftp.sh';
>

>REMOTE(WFSAS): MetaReady
>
>REMOTE(WFSAS): /users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/green_net/appr_comm_ftp.sh:
>401836 Segmentation
>
>fault(coredump)
>

>Thanks in advance...

This is interesting.  But it's not a SAS error.  It's something in the child
process that SAS is spitting back for your edification.  So something is
going
on with your shell script.  First, check that the shell script works
properly with
no ickiness, when called outside of SAS.

HTH,
David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice.
Join Now.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline
0
davidlcassell (5567)