SAS Global Forum Suits You to a Tee!

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Did you see that there is a SAS Global Forum T Shirt Contest?  No?  Then, c=
heck out the bottom of the page at this link:

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Main_Page

That looks like a lot of fun to me, and I intend to submit a couple of idea=
s.  Let's see if we can get one or more SAS-L-ers into the twelve finalists=
..  Maybe we can get a predictive modeler to determine what our chances are:=
)  Good luck to one and all; I hope that you will be one of the other eleve=
n finalists:)

Best of luck in all of your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflec=
t those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodolog=
ies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no war=
ranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People de=
ciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

Michael A. Raithel
"The man who wrote the book on performance"
E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com

Author: Tuning SAS Applications in the MVS Environment

Author: Tuning SAS Applications in the OS/390 and z/OS Environments, Second=
 Edition
http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=3D1&pc=3D58172

Author: The Complete Guide to SAS Indexes
http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=3D1&pc=3D60409

....walking in a winter wonderland... - Everybody in the Washington, DC subu=
rbs

SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2008
If you are going to be in San Antonio for the conference next week, don't forget to join us Monday night for the one, the only, SAS-L Birds-of-a-Feather get-together (or BOF for short). What: SAS Global Forum 2008 SAS-L BOF When: Monday, March 17, 2008 Where: Convention Center, room 212 Time: 7:00 - 8:00 pm SEE -- statistics on SAS-L postings over the years! HEAR -- who won the much-coveted SAS-L awards!! PARTICIPATE -- in a discussion regarding SAS-L and sascommunity.org!!! MEET -- many of your favorite SAS-Lers!!!!! Hope to see you there! The SAS Global Forum 2008 SAS-L BOF Plan...

REMINDER -- SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum!
Will you be attending the very first SAS Global Forum next week in Orlando? We're sure that the conference will be filled with highlights -- opening session, giant demo area, more presentations than you can even think about attending, meeting M-I-C-K-E-Y, etc., etc. However, the one event that you absolutely will not want to miss is ... The One-and-only, Annual SAS-L Birds of a Feather Get-together! When: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 Where: Southern Hemisphere IV Time: 7:00 - 8:00 pm Be sure and take this opportunity to - HEAR the latest statistics on SAS-L postings (and post-ers) SEE ...

SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009
In short, a good time was had by all! I've posted the names of the award winners at http://www.sascommunity.org/w= iki/SAS-L_BOF. The page also contains a link to the slides from Arthur Taba= chneck's wonderful presentation on SAS-L Counts. (If you've always wanted t= o know who has the "most consecutive recent weeks with more than .8% of pos= ts", be sure to check it out! ;-) ) Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com ...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009
Congratulations to data _null_ (Hall of Fame) and Joe Matisse (SASLROY) -- well deserved. Dan Daniel J. Nordlund Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Planning, Performance, and Accountability Research and Data Analysis Division Olympia, WA 98504-5204 > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > Mike Rhoads > Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:55 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 > > In short, a good time was had by all! > > I've posted ...

Re: REMINDER -- SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum!
In past years, some persons have posted some observations about SUGI/SGF. I would encourage some enterprising person to post your occasional note about the earth-shattering and mind-blowing events sure to occur at SAS Global Forum. And if you can get any compromising pictures of important people in the posts, so much the better!! Paul A. Thompson, Ph.D. Division of Biostatistics, Washington University School of Medicine 660 S. Euclid, St. Louis, MO 63110-1093 314-747-3793 paul@wubios.wustl.edu -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of ...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #17
Mary, I believe that Howard did capture those posts from Marist and, if so, they were already included in the analysis. However, now that you remember having posted with a previous email address, update your information on Howard's SAS-L project. The correctness of the annual analyses is dependent on each user's ensuring that a correct mapping exists. Logon to: http://www.howles.com/sas-l/ User: saslguy Password: caryncusa Art ------- On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:07:07 -0500, Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET> wrote: >Arthur, > >To my delight, I just found the archives...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #9
Nice presentation, but the slide "up and coming" is not correct-I never had a single post before 2007 (thus 0 in 2005 and 2006), not the few numbers stated. -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: "Arthur Tabachneck" <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:49 PM Subject: Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 > My congratulations to DataNull and Joe, as well, both extremely well > deserved. > > And, if you had as much trouble as I did in trying to click on Mike's link > to the analyses, hopefu...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #13
hi ... "abducted by" or "rejoined" ... hmmmm -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475 > I thought he had been abducted by aliens. > > On 3/26/09, Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com> wrote: >> I notice that David Cassell is still at the top of the all time list, about 1000 ahead of Howard. I recently spoke with David, and he said he >> does plan on returning to the list in the near future. >> >> Peter >> >> -----Original Me...

SAS Global Forum 2010
Dear SAS-L-ers, Congratulations are in order for Lynne Krajevski who won the SAS Global For= um T-Shirt contest: http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/SAS_TShirt_Contest Way to go Lynne; I'm hoping to wear a T-Shirt with your award-winning desig= n at the conference! Though Lynne is "just a new kid", I hope that she will extend her winning s= treak by become active on SAS-L! Lynne, best of luck in all your SAS endeavors! I hope that this suggestion proves helpful now, and in the future! Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflec= t those of my ...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #6
Congracts Joe and Data_null_ for your support and help , looking forward for more postings On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks all, very honored! It's a pleasure to learn from everyone and > occasionally return some of that learning to others. I regularly amaze my > (much more experienced) colleagues with tips from the list :) > > Hopefully I'll be able to attend one of the SGFs someday soon and meet you > all! > > -Joe > > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@netscape.net >...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #8
Thanks so much for participating, data _null_; I think I learn something from you every day; perhaps people who spend time reading SAS-L learn more than people who don't read SAS-L and just go to SGF. Hopefully you can give Mike a way to send your certificate to you. And to Joe as well; congratulations to both of you. -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: "./ ADD NAME=Data _null_;" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:55 AM Subject: Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 > Thanks Joe and congratulations to you...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #4
Thanks all, very honored! It's a pleasure to learn from everyone and occasionally return some of that learning to others. I regularly amaze my (much more experienced) colleagues with tips from the list :) Hopefully I'll be able to attend one of the SGFs someday soon and meet you all! -Joe On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@netscape.net>wrote: > My congratulations to DataNull and Joe, as well, both extremely well > deserved. > > And, if you had as much trouble as I did in trying to click on Mike's link > to the analyses, hopefully t...

SAS pays expenses for 10 students to present at SAS Global Forum
SAS-Lers, Please excuse me if this post is not appropriate for this forum. I am a long time reader, first time poster to the list. I got an email from SAS about an opportunity for students- and thought folks out there might be interested. SAS is paying for up to 10 students to present a paper at SAS Global Forum. This is part of the "SAS Student Ambassador Program". Apparently, airfare and hotel are included as well as registration fees. You can find out more at http://www.sas.com/govedu/edu/programs/stuamb_overview.html. There was a PDF of last years winners there, and I was sup...

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #7
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:55:02 -0400, Mike Rhoads <RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM> wrote: >In short, a good time was had by all! > >I've posted the names of the award winners at http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/SAS-L_BOF. The page also contains a link to the slides from Arthur Tabachneck's wonderful presentation on SAS-L Counts. (If you've always wanted to know who has the "most consecutive recent weeks with more than .8% of posts", be sure to check it out! ;-) ) That page is missing a column, in my opinion. I feel Joe should be acknowledged :) Congratulations to ...

Web resources about - SAS Global Forum Suits You to a Tee! - comp.soft-sys.sas

63 Photos Of Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom During Brighter Days (PHOTOS) - Global Grind
63 Photos Of Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom During Brighter Days (PHOTOS) - Global Grind

Global Rich List
Didn't make it onto the yearly roll call of the mega-wealthy? Why not find out where you'd actually sit in comparison to the rest of the world? ...

Global Voices · Citizen media stories from around the world
Global Voices is an international community of bloggers who report on blogs and citizen media from around the world.

Global News Desk - Daily Current Affairs From All Continents
Exclusive news items from all corners of the globe, including UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa, and North and South America, delivered ...

2008–2012 global recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a marked global economic decline that began in December 2007 and took a particularly sharp downward turn in September 2008. The global recession ...

Global equities rise as oil surges
US stocks added to a global rally on speculation that central banks will expand stimulus measures. ASX futures +1.1pc. $A steady. BHP +1pc in ...

After FBI briefly ran Tor-hidden child porn site, investigations went global
... Motherboard has now determined that this operation had much wider berth. The FBI’s Playpen operation was effectively transformed into a global ...

EMC, VMware, IBM, etc.: Here Come 333,000 Layoffs in Tech, Opines Global Equities
Global Equities Research ’s Trip Chowdhry , a one-man shop of investment observations, today opines that layoffs in the mainstream of tech companies ...

This data point explains (in part) the conundrum of the global economy
The global economy is the primary focus for many industry titans and global policy makers this week at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. ...