SAS server and SAS installation on a server #2

Hi all,

I just need to know what is the difference between SAS server and SAS
installed on a server (windows).
Is that, SAS installation for Desktop different from SAS installation
on server? And if different then in what way.
I have SAS installed on the server and that is being used by 4 people.
Are these all profiles the same or the rest three users getting a
temporary profile to use.
If all the four are using the same dataset then is it possible to make
them available at the same time. Is it that SAS will lock it if once
is already using it.

I know I have put a lot questions in one query but I think they are
related.
Thank you very much.
nichas.