Simulator for SAS Base Programming for SAS(r) 9 Certification Exam

Here's a sneak-peek at the upcoming SAS Certification exam simulator and
reviewer:

http://sas2themax.com/blogs/

Requirements for Beta testers:

o must be at least SAS Base Programming certified
o must have a license to the SAS Online Tutor (that came with SAS 8.2 or
later)
o preferably a SAS book or SUGI author/presentor (optional)

Happy New Year to all!

Regards, Audi
http://sas2themax.com
0
audi (220)

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the lan...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledg...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's wh...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspecti...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Geneti...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

SAS CONNECT/SAS Display Manager or BASE SAS
Hi, We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to use BASE SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide. But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses. I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can I install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server? Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS? What's options we have. Please help. Thanks On Oct 21, 8:11=A0am, abcu...@YAHOO.COM (Abc Unha) wrote: > Hi, > We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to =A0us...

Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com
Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com ...

SAS System Viewer 9.1 unable to open SAS datasets ( SAS 9.1.3)
SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). Does this need SAS System Viewer to be upgraded ? or Something else needs to be done ? In message <0ae08496-acd1-4c40-8828-b88d059c0d0e@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, msiddu2000 <msiddu2000@gmail.com> writes >SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by >V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created >with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). > >Does this need SAS System Viewer to be upgraded ? >or >Something else needs to be done ? SAS System Viewer 9.1 can: (1) Read SAS v8 data sets created by SAS v8 on Windows or UNIX (2) Read SAS v8 data sets created by SAS v9 on Windows (3) Read SAS v9 data sets created by SAS v9 on Windows SAS System Viewer 9.1 can not: (1) Read SAS v8 data sets created by SAS v9 on UNIX (2) Read SAS v9 data sets created by SAS v9 on UNIX Alternatives: (1) There is a beta version of the CDISC Viewer that can be downloaded from the SAS web site, but it is fragile. (2) There is also a SAS Universal Viewer bundled with SAS v9.2 for Windows. .....Phil Holland -- -------------------------------------------------------- Holland Numerics Ltd 94 Green Drift, Royston, Herts SG8 5BT, UK mobile : +44-(0)7714-279085 email : <NEWS@hollandnumerics.com> URL : http://www.hollandnumerics.com/ ...

Re: Summary of the differences of Base SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2
You heard wrong... check out sascommunity.org, there's a page there somewhere that describes the differences. The major things that make a difference to me are XLSX support and improved hash support, but FCMP and ODS/Proc Template improvements undoubtedly make a huge difference to many folks. -Joe On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Jerry <jerryang@cisco.com> wrote: > Anyone have the release notes (or a summary of it?) On what the major > differences to expect from Base SAS 9.1.3 and 9.2? > > From what I heard, there aren't that many differences besides a new > in...

Re: SAS System Viewer 9.1 unable to open SAS datasets ( SAS 9.1.3)
A question in return: is your table from windows? compressed from another system? and specially with personnel formats hard coded inside? Andre msiddu2000 a �crit : > SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by > V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created > with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). > > Does this need SAS System Viewer to be upgraded ? > or > Something else needs to be done ? > > -- Andr� WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 m�l : wielki@ined.fr t�l : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 ...

SAS programming and SAS/BI

Running SAS programs from within a SAS program
Dear All, I have several small(ish) SAS programs that convert and format DBF files. Thanks to all who helped solve formatting problems. I would like to create a master SAS program that calls each one in sequence. Any ideas? Cheers, Keith __________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com Keith, You can use a series of %include statements naming the programs in the order you want to call them in. %include "drive:\your_folder\program name.txt" ; Mah-J M. Soobader, PhD Principal consultant STATWORKS www.s...

SAS 9 and SAS 8
Could someone send me the papers or articles that gives the differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in sas 9. Thanks http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html and many proceedings at http://www.lexjansen.com On Nov 20, 3:28=A0pm, pausha <paus...@gmail.com> wrote: > Could =A0someone send me the papers or articles that gives the > differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in > sas 9. > > Thanks ...

Running a SAS program within a SAS program
Hello, I would like to combine multi years of data into one. Each year has a particular data set and a particular program to create a SAS dataset. However, not all programs are the same (e.g. variable names may change throughout the years). What I would like to do is to create one program that would call on the other programs to create SAS datasets. Then I'll integrate them together and do whatever I it is I need to do. I hope someone can help me. Thanks. Kathleen ...

How to call a JAVA API from SAS using BASE SAS Programming
Hi All, I need to call a Java API using Base SAS Programming. Please help in this regard. The Java API had been called from Oracle. Now it needs to called from SAS. Thanks in advance. Regards, ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: How to call a JAVA API from SAS using BASE SAS Programming
Take a look at Richard DeVenezia's SUGI paper: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/241-30.pdf -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Satya Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 5:47 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to call a JAVA API from SAS using BASE SAS Programming Hi All, I need to call a Java API using Base SAS Programming. Please help in this regard. The Java API had been called from Oracle. Now it needs to called from SAS. Thanks in advance. Regards, ...

How to run several SAS programs in one sas Program
Hi, Is it possible to run several SAS programs in one sas Program. I can use the %INCLUDE, but is there another way? Tx On Mar 18, 5:31=A0am, laika <michel.verhe...@axa.be> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to run several SAS programs in one sas Program. I can > use the %INCLUDE, but is there another way? > > Tx If you want to read each program as a separate batch program you can use SYSTASK. systask (or %systask) is a good option. If you want to run several programs on different machines (local or remote) then "rsubmit" could be of use:...

Re: Running SAS programs from within a SAS program
Keith, You can use a series of %include statements naming the programs in the order you want to call them in. %include "drive:\your_folder\program name.txt" ; Mah-J M. Soobader, PhD Principal consultant STATWORKS www.statworks.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Keith W. Larson Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 10:32 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Running SAS programs from within a SAS program Dear All, I have several small(ish) SAS programs that convert and format DBF files. Thanks to all who helped solve...

Web resources about - Simulator for SAS Base Programming for SAS(r) 9 Certification Exam - comp.soft-sys.sas

Certification mark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that the manufacturer is being regularly audited by the certification organization to ensure the maintenance of the original process standard ...

MyPermissions Trust Certification Aimed At Building Trust Between App Developers, Users
Application security provider MyPermissions announced the launch of a privacy certification program for app developers, the MyPermissions Trust ...

Prineville Data Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
When we first envisioned our Prineville data center a couple of years ago, we knew we wanted it to be one of the most energy efficient in the ...

PMP Certification Exam Practice For Dummies on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PMP Certification Exam Practice For Dummies. Download PMP Certification ...

Certification a failure
The building certification system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Apple highlights upcoming certification change affecting developers using Wallet passes, Safari push ...
... under: Developers Visit 9to5Mac to find more special coverage of Developers . What do you think? Discuss "Apple highlights upcoming certification ...

Price Drop: CompTIA A+ Certification Practice For Dummies
CompTIA A+ Certification Practice For Dummies 3 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3 ( iTunes ) Description: ...

Digicel Business Gain Cisco Gold Certification
Digicel Business Gain Cisco Gold Certification Bernews Digicel Business has successfully retained its Cisco® Gold Certification, in addition ...

Branded3 earn Optimizely Strategy Certification
Branded3 are pleased to announce that we are now an Optimizely Strategy Certified organisation. The certification is one of the new measures ...