The Challenge !

"The Challenge!"

On this website I present a challenge! That is to tell me which macro
I am missing in the sense of utility macros of use in the field of
clinical reporting. I have 160+ macros on my website and I think I
have the complete set. I don't know much about statistics, so I am
making no claims about that, but if you are in the field of clinical
reporting then I am openly making the claim that I have a complete set
of macros for you to use in that field. If I lack a macro then TELL
ME! I will read your description of what it needs to do and if I feel
it is needed then I will write it. You can email me using the link at
the bottom of this page.

http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/index.html#challenge
0
rolandberry (1870)

On Sep 8, 5:19=A0am, RolandRB <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "The Challenge!"
>
> On this website I present a challenge! That is to tell me which macro
> I am missing in the sense of utility macros of use in the field of
> clinical reporting. I have 160+ macros on my website and I think I
> have the complete set. I don't know much about statistics, so I am
> making no claims about that, but if you are in the field of clinical
> reporting then I am openly making the claim that I have a complete set
> of macros for you to use in that field. If I lack a macro then TELL
> ME! I will read your description of what it needs to do and if I feel
> it is needed then I will write it. You can email me using the link at
> the bottom of this page.
>
> http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/index.html#challenge

This link is nice and useful
0
mcdragons (12)

SAS CONNECT/SAS Display Manager or BASE SAS
Hi, We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to use BASE SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide. But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses. I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can I install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server? Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS? What's options we have. Please help. Thanks On Oct 21, 8:11=A0am, abcu...@YAHOO.COM (Abc Unha) wrote: > Hi, > We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to =A0us...

Want a challenge? Emailing from sas
Hi, I have a piece of code that emails an attachement to people, however I cannot include any text in the body of the email and have to send a preliminary email to detail what is to follow, is there a way of including the body of the text in the first bit of code. Please note I have tride to attach using the following: data _null_; filename mail email ' ' to=("email@address") cc=("email@address") subject="title" attache="location"; But due to our systems it is impossible so the following has to be used: data _null_; ...

SAS dataset on Unix challenge
Guys, I need some suggestions. Here is the scenario: I have a single SAS dataset on a Unix machine. No Samba installed on this machine and I have been told no for getting it installed. I have a .NET application on a Windows Server 2003. The .NET app needs to read in the SAS dataset. I have been told that we cannot use Windows NFS either. How do I get to this dataset? Someone suggested using ODBC with an IP address but I have never seen that done before. Integration Technologies is not available and the SAS local provider needs a physical mapping to read it in via OleDb. Any idea...

Deploy to web server ( soft-sys )
I would like to run my script on a web server that I do not have root access with (i.e. cannot install anything). My script reads an image (from a given URL), uses some Image Processing Toolbox functions, then writes the image. No user input/output is needed and no GUI functionality, just file I/O. I have been playing with a simple hello-world script and the Compiler Toolbox, and I have been trying to run the resulting binaries from ssh on the web server (Linux environment), but what I am seeing is that the MCR must be installed to the deployed machine. Hopefully I am wrong about this, because I need everything completely self-contained so that I can run it strictly within my folder on the server. Can I please get a suggestion on how to proceed with this? Any direction would be greatly appreciated ASAP (project deadline approaching fast). Thanks! Take a look at the Web Figures section of the Java Builder documentation: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/ug/... Or you can use CGI to call your program on the server, have your program generate a JPEG, and then have the server send back a page with the JPEG's url embedded in it. A little tricky, but it can be done. "James " <jamesgpain...@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message I will look over the documentation, but I believe my problem lies in the inability to use CGI to call the program, since the run-time components cannot be installed to the system folders. I do not hav...

[News] FOSS Challenge to SAS and SPSS

Re: Mainframe SAS Reporting challenge
The newest versions of Excel (2007) supports up to a million rows. Upgrading your version of Excel may solve the problem. Regards, Søren On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:38:23 -0800, vijayakumar <vijayk.kannan@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Dear Folks, > > > >Hope everyone doing great! > > > >I am trying to solve given below issue, hope you guys throw some ideas >on it. > > > >As is Process: > > > >Running SAS 9.1.3 on Mainframe doing some complex calculations after >that I am producing CSV file, that CSV file later im...

Re: SAS dataset on Unix challenge #15
David, Share was only one of the means I was using to attempt a connection. Since I was able to get Share to finally make it happen, the problem solves itself w/o having to go into the realm of ODBC and changing the hosts file. However, all of the ideas were useful and it was a good exercise in finding a solution. The time was ticking though and I only have so many hours to figure it out... Alan Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of David Joh...

computer 2008 model for soft ware sys..
wf fefh dfkl http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g906725-pmem ...

Re: SAS dataset on Unix challenge #13
Bob, You put me on the right path...thanks. I decided to just get Share operational from my PC to the server. I hadn't done this before since I use it from the server itself for a web app. The port I had on the client was different than the port on the server. Since I work with Share very, very rarely (mainly use Int Tech), I wrote some quick notes to myself that I will post here in case others have this same error: ================================================== Port # on client and server must be the same. Client side demo: %let x = 192.168.1.199 ; options comamid=tcp; libname c...

Re: SAS v9.2: The Download Challenge
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:17:00 -0500, Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) <rjf2@CDC.GOV> wrote: >I have been informed >by 'knowledgeable sources' >that SAS v9.2 will be >mainly >available via download from a third party url. .... >size on disk: 6.01 GB (6,460,219,392 bytes) .... One word, BitTorrent! bittorrent faq http://btfaq.com/ has this question and answer on download speed: Q. My download speed seems slow, what can I do to increase it? .... A. Give it time! Be patient! This is the most important suggestion for most speed-related problems. cheers, chang ...

Re: Mainframe SAS Reporting challenge #2
Hi, If you are limited to Excel 65000 observations aprox., you could import the csv to SAS and code an OLAP cube (proc olap) to imitate the pivot table. Daniel Fernandez Barcelona -----Mensaje original----- De: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] En nombre de vijayakumar Enviado el: domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2009 17:38 Para: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Asunto: Mainframe SAS Reporting challenge Dear Folks, Hope everyone doing great! I am trying to solve given below issue, hope you guys throw some ideas on it. As is Process: Running SAS 9.1.3 on Mainframe doing some...

Re: SAS dataset on Unix challenge #12
Alan, Is this message from an OLD DB request to your Share server? If so, I coincidently got this exact same error message yesterday when I tried to use the SAS/SHARE OLE DB Provider. In my case, the problem was solved by changing "ConnectionString" to say "Mode=Read|Share Deny None". It originally said "Mode=ReadWrite". In my case, the requested dataset's library is allocated read-only. In any case (assuming you are trying to read from a SHARE server), you might get a better error message in the SAS/SHARE server log itself. At least I did. Bob -----O...

Is there any soft in Linux/Unix like sas in windwos?
Hi all, I'm a sas user. At the same time, I'm also a linux user. but there's one thing stop me from completely transforming to linux-sas. I'm statistical major, many our courses use sas as a tool. but I can not find sas in linux. Anyone know if there is some project to transplant sas to linux, like the counterpart of S-plus is R. Really hope that one day I could remotely use sas in linux like I did in R. Flamingo wrote: > Hi all, > I'm a sas user. At the same time, I'm also a linux user. but there's > one thing stop me from completely transforming to l...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS dataset on Unix challenge #7 692755
I have a lot more sympathy for sysadmins who frequently get questions from people asking them to provide some other service on the machine that has the potential to open it up to instability or subversion. I was looking for papers on a subject the other day and came across one by Karsten Self, who we haven't seen on here for a long time. Shame, I think this might have been in his bailiwick. Kind regards David -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of David Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2007 9:46 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS dataset on Unix challenge What version of SAS? On SAS 9 you should be able to open an IOM connection, assuming they haven't firewalled it. (That might also be the problem with SAS/SHARE and ODBC/OLEDB). If you don't have an NFS or SAMBA server, try HTTP, FTP, Telnet, SSH, or even email. They must have _some_ sort of way of communicating with the Unix box, basically you need to tunnel over that. (That brings back memories of tunneling the zmodem protocol over VT100 to some ancient DEC machines). (Why does the un-helpfulness of the sysadmins sound so familiar?) ...

Re: SAS dataset on Unix challenge #7 1564688
Lots of suggestions Alan, and perhaps you have seen the issue resolved. If not, can you update your hosts file with a name for the ip address and then go through the ODBC administrator? I don't have access to ODBC on this licence so I can't check it, but at first thought it seems possible to me. Kind regards David -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Alan Churchill Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2007 1:27 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS dataset on Unix challenge Guys, I need some suggestions. Here is the scenario: ...

Re: SAS v9.2: The Download Challenge #2
All the disks, not including specialty products like ITRM, EM, etc. come to 16.1 GB. I know since I have ISO images ripped and stored. That said, the installer has loads of bloatware and duplication. If they could get that pared way down, it might be doable. I regularly download Microsoft images which can run over 4GB. The Microsoft downloader is great and it handles interruptions, delays, etc. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) Sent: Friday, November 0...

SAS-L Panel / SAS-L vs. SAS Institute Tech Support
[This is part of a report on a panel discussion about SAS-L which took place during the 2003 NESUG conference. Partcipants: Paul Dorfman, Ron Fehd, Phil Mason, Barbara Okerson, Dianne Louise Rhodes, David Septoff; also Ray Pass] On the subject of SAS-L vs. SAS Institute Tech Support ... Dianne noted that a real strength of SAS-L is that it functions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. She recalled a situation in which she helped somebody who had a project deadline on Christmas Eve. Ron pointed out that SI technical support sometimes is slower because problems often must be handed off, somet...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the lan...

Re: A BIIIIIIIIIG SAS Challenge !! I'm helpless! :(( #6
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:21:57 -0400, Richard A. DeVenezia <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM> wrote: .... >Here is a variation that performs the entire merge as a left join view, >based on summarizing views. .... Hi, IMHO, Richard D.'s long left join solution clearly implies a lesson in database design. (1) Recall the original track table has the domain field, which turns out to be superflous. data Track ; input byDate :ddmmyy10. fini :time8. sum :time8. domain $ ; cards ; 01/06/2004 3:44:30 1:36:39 FAB 02/06/2004 3:10:12 1:03:30 FAB 03/06/2004 4:31:48 2...

Re: Challenging SAS unstructed data input problem #3
Denisu Pong: Here is a revised code for your input. The output text file "C:\test_US_Result.dat" follows the code and is also attached. data _null_; length result Aline $ 256; infile "C:\test_US.dat" truncover end=eof; file "C:\test_US_Result.dat"; NonEmpty=0; Aline=""; do until ((NonEmpty eq 2) or eof); input; if compress(_infile_) ne " " then do; Aline=compress(Aline) || compress(_infile_); NonEmpty+1; end; end; result=" "; if _N_ eq 1 then do; CommaCount=countc(Aline,&...

SAS and SAS/IML TO C
Dear Users, There's some way to convert SAS and/or SAS/IML codes to C code? Thanks, Ricardo=20 ***************************************************************************= ******* As informa=E7=F5es contidas nesta mensagem e no(s) arquivo(s) anexo(s) s=E3= o=20 endere=E7adas exclusivamente =E0(s) pessoa(s) e/ou institui=E7=E3o(=F5es) a= cima=20 indicada(s), podendo conter dados confidenciais, os quais n=E3o podem, sob = qualquer forma ou pretexto, ser utilizados, divulgados, alterados,=20 impressos ou copiados, total ou parcialmente, por pessoas n=E3o autorizadas= ..=20 Caso n=E3o sej...

SAS programming and SAS/BI

To SAS or not To SAS (or whatever else)!!,
Hi all, This message is directed primarily to individuals in these groups who have long experience using both SPSS and SAS (or any other statistically oriented/data intensive analytic tools) with a heavy data volume and frequent reporting requirements. I am pretty open to any and all suggestions. In any normal context I wouldn't be caught dead with a SAS manual, and my obit will probably read, "We had to pull the SPSS manual from his cold dead hands, and needed to break some fingers to boot." BUT, I recently accepted a position where part of my responsibilities will involve...

SAS 9 and SAS 8
Could someone send me the papers or articles that gives the differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in sas 9. Thanks http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html and many proceedings at http://www.lexjansen.com On Nov 20, 3:28=A0pm, pausha <paus...@gmail.com> wrote: > Could =A0someone send me the papers or articles that gives the > differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in > sas 9. > > Thanks ...

Web resources about - The Challenge ! - comp.soft-sys.sas

Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NAB Challenge: Brisbane v GWS Giants, Melbourne v St Kilda, West Coast v Essendon, live coverage
ST KILDA and Melbourne are locked in a tight battle at Etihad Stadium, with the Saints holding a slender lead at quarter-time.

West Coast humiliate Bombers in NAB Challenge
Nab Challenge wraps up as the Eagles thump Essendon by 105 points, GWS Giants clash with Brisbane and the Dees begin season 2016 with renewed ...

West Coast humiliate Bombers in NAB Challenge
Nab Challenge wraps up as the Eagles thump Essendon by 105 points, GWS Giants clash with Brisbane and the Dees begin season 2016 with renewed ...

WA Labor leadership challenge: Stephen Smith's leadership bid all but over
Stephen Smith's bid to become WA Labor leader is over for now, after he all but conceded defeat when the shadow cabinet threw its support behind ...

Stephen Smith vows to challenge for WA Labor leadership if party back him
Former federal MP Stephen Smith publicly confirms he will challenge current WA Labor leader Mark McGowan for the leadership.

Criminally Yours: Don’t Eliminate Peremptory Challenges
Please, Supreme Court, don't eliminate peremptories in their entirety when used properly, peremptories are one of the most important tools defendants ...

I love a challenge by @BloggersRUs
I love a challenge by Tom Sullivan Photo by Tom Hagerty via Creative Commons They say write what you know. So let's do that. I love a challenge. ...

Germans Turn to Trump-Style Politics in Challenge to Merkel
If you think Donald Trump has some outrageous ideas, wait until you meet Germany’s AfD party.

NREL’s Little Box Challenge Won By Belgium’s Red Electrical Devils
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s “Little Box Challenge” — a competition designed to spur the creation of smaller inverters for use ...