unix mail vs pc mail #2

Hi All,

re: resolved

Thanks Gregg, David, and Michael for the tidbits.  Here are
my findings.  The behavior remained the same whether or not
the attach parm was in the FILENAME statement, FILE statement,
or in the BODY.  Also, David's thoughts about config file settings
got me to remembering that Window defaults to SMTP and Unix
does not, then after checking that neither o/s had any config entries
on my platforms, a couple quick sas support site checks yielded a
quick thing to try out of Sharon Clanton and Darlene Davis's SUGI29
paper.  Voila, their quick solution worked great adding EMAILSYS=3DSMTP.
It worked for all three flavors as seen below.

/*

      filename mymail email "mymail@mydomain.com" EMAILSYS=3DSMTP
         Subject=3D"SSStest1 attachment in FILENAME statement"
          attach=3D"/home2/tmp/xxtest.csv";

      data _null_;
         file mymail lrecl=3D32767;
         put;
         put "This is an test mailing.";
         put;
      run;
     =20
* appends to body without EMAILSYS=3DSMTP ;
* sends as an attachment with EMAILSYS=3DSMTP ;

*/

*****;

/*

      filename mymail email "mymail@mydomain.com" EMAILSYS=3DSMTP
         Subject=3D"SSStest2 attachment in BODY" ;

      data _null_;
         file mymail lrecl=3D32767;
         put '!EM_ATTACH! ' "/home2/tmp/xxtest.csv";
         put;
         put "This is an test mailing.";
         put;
      run;
  =20
* appends to body without EMAILSYS=3DSMTP ;
* sends as an attachment with EMAILSYS=3DSMTP ;

*/

*****;

/*

      filename mymail email "mymail@mydomain.com" EMAILSYS=3DSMTP
         Subject=3D"SSStest3 attachment in FILE statement" ;

      data _null_;
         file mymail lrecl=3D32767 attach=3D("/home2/tmp/xxtest.csv");
         put;
         put "This is an test mailing.";
         put;
      run;
 =20
* appends to body without EMAILSYS=3DSMTP ;
* sends as an attachment with EMAILSYS=3DSMTP ;

*/

*****;

Mark Terjeson
Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R
Russell Investment Group
253-439-2367

Russell
Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing

> The information contained in this message is intended only for the use
> of the recipient named above.  This message may contain confidential
> or undisclosed information.  If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering to the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
> this message in error, and that any review, dissemination,
> distribution or copying of it is strictly prohibited.  If you have
> received this message in error, please notify us by telephone
> immediately at 253-439-2367. Thank you for your cooperation.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20