Variable has never been referenced error.

I read in  file on a mainframe  MVS system
and now I'm trying to summarize the data
in Macro SUMM to OUT1.A
SASLOG below indicates some variables are
out of order?

 361        PROC SUMMARY DATA=TEMP;
 362           CLASS SEQ PROD PLUNTYPE  VINTAGE;
 363           VAR ACCT NEWADV BALANCE NETBAL CASHFL INC_FC INC_SC INC_LC
INC_MF
(... bunch of variables from line 363 to 369. My original varlist of
variables includes all variables in this list.)
 369               FRMADV FRMACCT VRM1ADV VRM1ACCT VRM2ADV VRM2ACCT PLADV
PLACCT
 370               ;
 371           OUTPUT OUT=OUT1.A SUM=;
 372           RUN;
 373
 374        %MEND;
 375
 376        %SUMM;
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 NOTE: THE SAS SYSTEM STOPPED PROCESSING THIS STEP BECAUSE OF ERRORS.

 NOTE: SAS SET OPTION OBS=0 AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK STATEMENTS. THIS MAY
CAUSE NOTE: NO OBSERVATIONS IN DATA SET.
 WARNING: THE DATA SET WORK.TEMP MAY BE INCOMPLETE.  WHEN THIS STEP WAS
STOPPED THERE WERE 0 OBSERVATIONS AND 0 VARIABLES.

Hi Jumbo,

You did not show the start of a data step or some KEEP, DROP or RENAME
statement that is before he PROC SUMMARY, but your dataset TEMP is
completely empty as can be seen at the end of your log snippet.

Regards - Jim.
--
Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands
Statistician, SAS consultant

On Feb 15, 12:19 pm, "Jumbo Shrimps, Jr." <jumbo_shri...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
>  ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
>  NOTE: THE SAS SYSTEM STOPPED PROCESSING THIS STEP BECAUSE OF ERRORS.
>
>  NOTE: SAS SET OPTION OBS=0 AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK STATEMENTS. THIS MAY
> CAUSE NOTE: NO OBSERVATIONS IN DATA SET.
>  WARNING: THE DATA SET WORK.TEMP MAY BE INCOMPLETE.  WHEN THIS STEP WAS
> STOPPED THERE WERE 0 OBSERVATIONS AND 0 VARIABLES.

0
jim4stat (166)

Evaluate a variable that is inside a string variable
Hi, I have long string, which ia a variable with the content having another variable. Ex. myStr="This is a long string with ${var} as value of embedded variable ...." I want myStr to print the above line with ${var} replaced with its value. ie, If I set my ${var} to VALUE1 and echo the myStr, I want the value to be var=VALUE_1 echo ${myStr} --I want to have the output as below. Currently, I have myStr echoes whatever I set at the beginning (ie, without the $var1 getting evaluated). This is a long string with VALUE_1 as value of embedded variable .... var=VALUE_2 echo ${myStr} T...

Re: Summing Dynamic Range of Array Variables #8
Thanks to Chang for a replacement for what I was trying to do and to Paul and Chang for a better way to determine the Start and Stop months for the 13-month span. Paul - maybe I wasn't understanding your example, but I didn't see where it was checking for at least 12 of 13 months eligibility. It looked to me that it was checking for 13 of 13 months eligibility (leaving the loop when mon=0)? Can you explain in a little more detail if I am mistaken? Thank you. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County ...

What does this error message mean?
Fri Jan 09 10:51:01 2004 5.2.1.1 Exception code: c0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Fault address: 77fcf775 04:00000775 C:\WINNT\system32\ntdll.dll Registers: EAX:ff266307 EBX:7c59f00f ECX:77fcf740 EDX:fff4ac58 ESI:00ad9390 EDI:00000001 CS:EIP:001b:77fcf775 SS:ESP:0023:0012d288 EBP:00000000 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000 Flags:00010a12 Call stack: Address Frame Logical addr Module 77fcf775 00000000 0004:00000775 C:\WINNT\system32\ntdll.dll ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup S...

Looping through Variable Names with numbers in them..
Gentlemen, I saw this asked in a pretty simple way, so I'll Plagurize his work: Dim i as integer Dim iclients as integer iclients = 3 For i=1 to iclients Hol_i = "This is line " & I next i In the millenial vernacular, "Know what I'm sayin'?" I want to be able to address variables having a number at the end, or in the middle for all I care! The REAL problem though, is something more like this: --------------------------------------------------------------- Table PMX PartName Dol08 Dol09 Dol10 ...

variable copying with string input name
Hello all, Here's my problem, I am afraid I am totally making it difficult for myself, but may be you can help: I have a structure of certain size, with 20 something arrays per structure item. Now I want to make a function in which I read in the second part of the function name, say: function testing = testrelevant(string) suppose string is named 'time' Now I need the information of the structureitem in a local variable, to use, so say: tempvar=strcat('structure.',string) Only now the tempvar item of course is a string named 'structure.time'. The question is: ...

Re: Local Variables in Do[]
No; not true. Bobby On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 04:23:00 -0600, adamimos <ashai@caltech.edu> wrote: > I hate to have such a newbie question, but I'm new to programming in > Mathematica. I have nested loops, and I'd like to change a global > variable inside of the loop. It seems that Mathematica makes all > variables defined inside of Do functions local, is this true? > -- DrMajorBob@yahoo.com On Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:34:34 AM UTC, DrMajorBob wrote: > No; not true. > > Bobby > > On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 04:23:00 -0600, ada...

/dev/lp0: cannot create error
Hello, I have a problem on a SCO box; it suddenly stopped printing and gets an error when I try to send something to /dev/lp0 ( /dev/lp0: cannot create). I have verified that the printer and cables work; I tried to remove and recreate the parallel device using 'mkdev parallel'; still a no go. I was also wondering how I can tell if the parallel device is really being added to the kernel. When I do a 'hwconfig' I DON'T see a parallel device. Any help is very much appreciated. Gregg Gregg P. wrote: > Hello, > I have a problem on a SCO box; SCO has sold many dif...

error with eventdata in GUI
Hi¡¡¡ I have a problem with eventdata in a GUI. When I use the KeyPressFcn function in a edit box or in a figure (main) it produce an error. function txtResultado_KeyPressFcn(hObject, eventdata, handles) % hObject handle to txtResultado (see GCBO) % eventdata structure with the following fields (see UICONTROL) % Key: name of the key that was pressed, in lower case % Character: character interpretation of the key(s) that was pressed % Modifier: name(s) of the modifier key(s) (i.e., control, shift) pressed % handles structure with handles and user data (see GUIDAT...

set variable value
Hello, How can I use variable value? For instance, instead of: (setq ecb-source-path '("/cygdrive/r/p1")) I would like to use something like: (setq ecb-source-path '("/cygdrive/r/p1")) (setq ecb-source-path project-root-paths) Regards, Shlomo ...

parfor and member variables
Hello! I would like to use a parfor-loop to operate on a member variable of my MATLAB class. In other words I have a method, and in this method I would like to modify each row of my member variable 'obj.myVar' by using a parfor-loop over the rows. However, when looking at the documentation of the Parallel Computing Toolbox, it says that 'the first level of indexing must be either parentheses, (), or braces, {}'. Does that mean, I can never directly operate on any member variable (because any member variable is referenced by 'obj.')? It would really be a waste of m...

Strange errors on exit
When I close my (gtk) program, I get errors like the below. It seams that when the interpreter shuts down, it sets every variable to None, but continues running the threads, (seems only in cases where they've just been asleep) I don't think this would be intended behavior? Exception in thread Thread-4 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown): Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap File "/home/thomas/Programmering/python/skak/0.7/lib/pychess/System/ ThreadPool.py", line 49, in run File &qu...

TCP/IP Errors (Look for error log)
Is there a log kept for TCP/IP errors? If so how do I look at it. Thanks, Dan Yes, for each protocol. In general I don't think there are TCPIP errors, but there are FTP, SMTP, HTTP, etc errors each in their own log (if set up properly)... QMAGIC wrote: > Is there a log kept for TCP/IP errors? > If so how do I look at it. > > Thanks, > Dan ...

printing error (oblique line)
When i watch the pdf file with Acrobat 6 it is normal When i print it there is a oblique line on it Why? Thk's In article <yhdXd.1022654$35.38053854@news4.tin.it>, mgiova70DELETE@hotmail.com says... > When i watch the pdf file with Acrobat 6 it is normal > When i print it there is a oblique line on it > > Why? There is a problem ? Seriously though. Nobody can really venture an opinion without looking at the file. Post a URL where we can look at the file and someone may be able to assist. It would probably also help to say what printer you are printing to, and...

qdaemon errors
[/] # lpstat enq: (FATAL ERROR): 0781-160 Corrupted /etc/qconfig.bin, belength =3D 0. 0782-625 Locking the ODM path /var/spool/lpd/pio/@local/smit failed (o =A6 =A6 dmerrno is 5919). =A6 =A6 Use local problem reporting procedures. these are the errors I recieve when I try to add a queue. I have had a corrupted /etc/qconfig.bin before. I now need to reinstall the whole qdaemon / print subsystem. Can any help me with that. Thanks. ...

Dynamic Variables?
Hey, I have two tables of data, table1 and table2. In Table1, there is a "id" field, a "name" field, and an e-mail field. In table2, there is an "id" field, and paramters that belong to the certain "id". When I want to create a new record, I want to make both of the entries at the same time and have their "id"s match. I thought that the best way of doing this was to create the data in table1, then get the "id" field of that entry by way of matching the "name", and then use that id for the "id" field value for the ...

Modelsim error 211
When i try to add signals to the Wave window Modelsim freeks out creating a corrut call stack error. WHY? and any ideas on how to fix that? BTW i'm running Windows XP.. update: modelsim exits whit error code 211.. -- Anv´┐Żnder M2, Operas banbrytande e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Marcus Svensson wrote: > When i try to add signals to the Wave window Modelsim freeks out > creating a corrut call stack error. WHY? and > any ideas on how to fix that? BTW i'm running Windows XP.. > > update: > > modelsim exits whit error code 211.. Never heard of. But t...

Re: file status error number 9
It has been my experience whenever I have encountered these "9x", "9]"=20= type of errors in Cobol is because the program is trying to manipulate a file (open?) that is already open or cannot be opened for some reason (security violation maybe, or another process has the file opened exclusi= vely) The Cobol manual isn't very good at giving away these error codes and their meaning. Page 6-42 "Environment Division" section gives some flimsy info on these "9x" errors ("Some 9x values have been changed to ot= her codes. For example, t...

No error-checking on binary timestamp
--908fPEqrLfqn/Y9U Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Greetings, Based on some experimentation and reading through the code in: src/backend/utils/adl/timestamp.c ; it would appear that there's no error-checking when receiving a binary timestamp. I wouldn't care if I had figured out the binary timestamp format on the first shot but apparently I didn't and this happened: atl=> select * from a5_lan; ERROR: timestamp out of range No errors during the insert, but when I tried to select out of the table I inse...

Undefined reference errors and strange new files appearing
Hi, Still struggling to get a foot into Ada. I wrote a simple abstract linear list library, "gen-lists", and a test programs test_genlists which uses it. The files are: gen-lists.ads abstract linear list gen-lists.adb test_lists_aux.ads concrete extension of the list test_lists_aux.adb test_lists.adb main subprogram The project file gen.gpr for the library is --------------------------------------------------------------------- library project Gen is for Library_Name use "Gen"; for Library_Dir use "../All"; ...

Re: Fw: data variables
Ian That sounds like a nice chore (vbg). I am most concerned about variables that lack a format and informat since one has to "examine" them. Having some knowledge of the possible dates (ie, were any prior to 1/1/1960) could let us reject any variables with negative values -- assuming that the data were generated correctly and we both know the likelihood of that ever happening . Knowing the maximum possible date in a file would let us filter out variables whose values exceeded that. Also, variables with decimals would be likely candidates for deletion. One way or another, if the...

Macro Variable within infile statement
infile 'SERVER\YTDfiles\W0715-0449.csv' delimiter = ',' ; I import numerous csv files in a format of WEEK-DEPARTMENT.CSV. Is there any way to have a macro variable within the infile statement? If I attempt to change the statement to say: %let week=0715; infile 'SERVER\YTDfiles\W&week-0449.csv' delimiter = ',' ; the infile statement obviously doesn't apply the macro because it is within the quotes. Is there any way around this or is my only option to have the macro variable to resolve to the entire path? instead of using ' use " : infile &...

Re: Recode multiple variable into one variable #4 1551980
You might try (definitely untested): data a1; set me; if ulcer in ('Y','y') then do; ae_code = 1x; output; end; if scar in ('Y','y') then do; ae_code = 2x; output; end; if acr in ('Y','y') then do; ae_code = 4x; output; end; if neo in ('Y','y') then do; ae_code = 8x; output; end; if va in ('Y','y') then do; ae_code = 10x; output; end; if aeot in ('Y','y') then do ae_code = 20x; output; end; run; The upshot of this is that you are coding in hexa...

Error using ==> colon with compiler
Hello everyone! I've got troubles executing a project I've compiled. When launching the exe file in command line, I get the error message: "??? Error using ==> colon For colon operator with char operands, first and last operands must be char" This error occurs for the line: "x=0:1/fs:l;" I've got fs=44100 and l=2. This function runs well in Matlab, but not when I export it with the compiler. If anyone has got an idea, they're welcome. "Damien " <damien.leguin@digiplug.com> wrote in message news:gqq0u5$fo3$1@fred.mathworks.com... >...

Newby question: use Rubyinline error
I want to use rubyinline to write a simple code with inline c functions. Here is my code: require 'rubygems' require 'inline' class TestC inline do |builder| builder.c " static void hello(int n) { printf(\"Hello %d\\n\", n); } " end end k = TestC.new k.hello(5) when I run this code, I get error as: /inline.rb:5: undefined method `inline' for TestC:Class (NoMethodError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `ge m_original_require' from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby...

Re: I/O read error in FTP stream job #2
I was going to suggest the same as Paul, but you might need to purge "FTPFILES" inside the while loop. If you want to keep a log of all FTP sessions, (useful if you have intermittent errors that you are trying to isolate) then consider redirecting FTPLIST/STDLIST to a deferred spoolfile (along with another job to delete these spoolfiles after 24 hours or so). -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul H Christidis Sent: 12 May 2006 21:46 To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] I/O read erro...