Variable has never been referenced error.

I read in  file on a mainframe  MVS system
and now I'm trying to summarize the data
in Macro SUMM to OUT1.A
SASLOG below indicates some variables are
out of order?

 361        PROC SUMMARY DATA=TEMP;
 362           CLASS SEQ PROD PLUNTYPE  VINTAGE;
 363           VAR ACCT NEWADV BALANCE NETBAL CASHFL INC_FC INC_SC INC_LC
INC_MF
(... bunch of variables from line 363 to 369. My original varlist of
variables includes all variables in this list.)
 369               FRMADV FRMACCT VRM1ADV VRM1ACCT VRM2ADV VRM2ACCT PLADV
PLACCT
 370               ;
 371           OUTPUT OUT=OUT1.A SUM=;
 372           RUN;
 373
 374        %MEND;
 375
 376        %SUMM;
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 NOTE: THE SAS SYSTEM STOPPED PROCESSING THIS STEP BECAUSE OF ERRORS.

 NOTE: SAS SET OPTION OBS=0 AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK STATEMENTS. THIS MAY
CAUSE NOTE: NO OBSERVATIONS IN DATA SET.
 WARNING: THE DATA SET WORK.TEMP MAY BE INCOMPLETE.  WHEN THIS STEP WAS
STOPPED THERE WERE 0 OBSERVATIONS AND 0 VARIABLES.

Hi Jumbo,

You did not show the start of a data step or some KEEP, DROP or RENAME
statement that is before he PROC SUMMARY, but your dataset TEMP is
completely empty as can be seen at the end of your log snippet.

Regards - Jim.
--
Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands
Statistician, SAS consultant

On Feb 15, 12:19 pm, "Jumbo Shrimps, Jr." <jumbo_shri...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
>  ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
>  NOTE: THE SAS SYSTEM STOPPED PROCESSING THIS STEP BECAUSE OF ERRORS.
>
>  NOTE: SAS SET OPTION OBS=0 AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK STATEMENTS. THIS MAY
> CAUSE NOTE: NO OBSERVATIONS IN DATA SET.
>  WARNING: THE DATA SET WORK.TEMP MAY BE INCOMPLETE.  WHEN THIS STEP WAS
> STOPPED THERE WERE 0 OBSERVATIONS AND 0 VARIABLES.

0
jim4stat (166)

SAS error: previously defined variables?
Hi, I imported a very large tab-demilited file into SAS and the dataset contained 1500 variables and 1700 observations. I'm trying to reorder the variables in order to run it through a graphical display program. I'm using the following code to try and do this: data a.y; retain family individ fathid mothid sex affection rs1--rs2000 ... etc; set a.x; run; So basically, I'm using the retain statement to choose which variables I want ahead of the "rs" variables (while the rs variables are already in the same order, hence I used "--"). I get a SAS error that sa...

Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS
Thank so much Nagakumar Sridhar and Fehd, Ronald J. for answering my previous question. However I was not clear in the original post. I modified my phrasing and the new version is below: I have met the following problem and I need your expert help. The variable names in the data set looks like this: a_1995q3 a_1995q4 a_1997q1 ........... a_2003q4 n Please note that "quarter" numbers in "a_****q*" variables may not be continuous, i.e. there might be a missing quarter. and n can have the value of any quarter for while a_quarter exists, say "1995q3", "...

Application Error (referenced error)
This is my first post on this list, and I'm new to Python. I downloaded a content management system called Plone and get the following error message when I try to start it: Plone Controller - [Plone Status]: pythonw.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x009d3f09" referenced memory at "0x000000cB". The memory could not be "read". plone-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again, witih the same results. When I tried to start another Program in the Plone folder, I got this error message: "Windows is searching ...

Re: SAS error: previously defined variables?
Your problem is the -- "double dash". In this situation you want to use single dash. rs1-rs2000. Double dash can specify a list of variables within a know list. In the case of your program there are no "know" variables as RETAIN is the first line of you data step. Others will do a better job of explaining this. Change -- to - and you should achieve the desired result. On 5/17/06, Ron Do <rondo@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I imported a very large tab-demilited file into SAS and the dataset > contained 1500 variables and 1700 observations. I'm tr...

non static variable cannot be referenced...error.. on a timetable
Hey Guys, I have written a program which will search through information (a bus timetable) and return whether a journey is available. i have a problem on the three last paragraphs which should allow users to enter time, etc.. the error i get on all three is non static variable 'buses' cannot be referenced from a static context... HERE is the Code:non static variable cannot be referenced import java.io.*; import java.util.*; class EasyInSlightlyImproved { static InputStreamReader is = new InputStreamReader( System.in ); static BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader( is ); ...

question: referencing a variable with a variable
I come from a perl background. I have gotten in the habit of using references to variables instead of specifically calling said variable/ class/whatever. Basically, I am wondering how I would translate the following into ruby. example 1: sub my_sub { $choice = shift; $choices="this|that|foo|bar"; if ( $choice =~ m/($choices)/ ) {&$choice} else {die "some witty msg"} } example 2: $this = 'var_name'; $var_name = 'i want this to print'; print $$var_name . "\n"; thanks On Jun 13, 2:26 pm, knohr <just_a_techie2...@yahoo.com>...

Referencing variables from variable names
hi, i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell ('a','b', etc.). how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm totally lost. any help would be appreciated! db In article <fb4j3h$t1u$1@fred.mathworks.com>, dan berkowitz <dberkowitz@nospamyahoo.com> wrote: >i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell >('a','b', etc.). >how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm >totally lost. eval(variablename) However, if you need eval, then you have -probably- not programmed as best pos...

Re: SAS error: previously defined variables? #3
On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:41:08 -0400, Ron Do <rondo@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >I imported a very large tab-demilited file into SAS and the dataset >contained 1500 variables and 1700 observations. I'm trying to reorder the >variables in order to run it through a graphical display program. I'm using >the following code to try and do this: > >data a.y; >retain family individ fathid mothid sex affection rs1--rs2000 ... etc; >set a.x; >run; > >So basically, I'm using the retain statement to choose which variables I >want ahead of the &qu...

Re: SAS error: previously defined variables? #4
On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:41:08 -0400, Ron Do <rondo@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >I imported a very large tab-demilited file into SAS and the dataset >contained 1500 variables and 1700 observations. I'm trying to reorder the >variables in order to run it through a graphical display program. I'm using >the following code to try and do this: > >data a.y; >retain family individ fathid mothid sex affection rs1--rs2000 ... etc; >set a.x; >run; > >So basically, I'm using the retain statement to choose which variables I >want ahead of the &qu...

Re: unitialized variable error-SAS Inter/net
Put double quotes around &month so SAS will treat the resolved value as a literal and not expect a variable name. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of nevin Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 11:43 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: unitialized variable error-SAS Inter/net Hello All, I am encountering the following error (see below) when trying to pass a month variable where the data is Jan Feb Mar etc (rather than month numbers). I have tested the program using %let months=Jan, and it works fine..When i run using sas internet i ...

Re: SAS error: previously defined variables? #5 666667
Hi all, I ended up using the retain statement with the variables that I needed in front of the rs#s only and it worked fine. Thanks a lot. I've posted a related but different question in a new post that I'm having trouble with again under "reordering large numbers of SAS variables". I really appreciate all your help! ...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #2
V - http://v8doc.sas.com/sashtml/macro/z0210258.htm You can create a macro variable with the SYMPUT routine and use RESOLVE to resolve it in the same DATA step. %let event=Holiday; %macro date; New Year %mend date; data test; length var1-var3 $ 15; when='%date'; var1=resolve('&event'); /* macro variable reference */ var2=resolve('%date'); /* macro invocation */ var3=resolve(when); /* DATA step variable with macro invocation */ put var1= var2= var3=; run; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message-----...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #5
Hi Chang & V - I'm confused as usual - did you mean this? 142 data one; 143 a_1995q3 = 1; 144 a_1995q4 = 2; 145 a_1997q1 = 3; 146 a_2003q4 = 5; 147 n = "2003q4"; 148 run; NOTE: The data set WORK.ONE has 1 observations and 5 variables. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.01 seconds cpu time 0.01 seconds 149 150 data two; 151 set one; 152 call symput('n', n); 153 new_a = 'a_'||resolve(n); 154 put new_a=; 155 run; new_a=a_2003q4 NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.ONE...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #7
Chang, I agree with your assessment of Richard's code. I especially liked that he offered it without any chest pounding! Joe -----Original Message----- From: "Chang Y. Chung" <chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent: Jan 16, 2004 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS Hi, Richard, Your data step, "monkeyshines" is one of the prettest I have ever seen. Really nice. The to-the-point array statement using the variable name wild character (":"); use of lbound() hbound() f...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #4
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:02:05 -0800, W M <mwx74@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >I have met the following problem and I need your expert help. >The variable names in the data set looks like this: > >a_1995q3 a_1995q4 a_1997q1 ........... a_2003q4 n > Is there a way like > >new_a=a_{value of n} ? > >Because of the compilation of data step, you cannot do > >data new; set old; >call symput("name", n); >new_a=a_&n; (wrong !) >run; Hi, V, Following up on Paul (Choate)'s idea, this seems to work. This would serve as an example of putting an...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #8
Here's a no-macro Version 9 technique which will work under some circumstances: data _null_; a_1995q3 = 1995.3; a_1995q4 = 1995.4; a_1997q1 = 1997.1; a_2003q4 = 2003.4; n = "1995q4"; new_a = input(vvaluex('a_'||n),32.); put new_a=; run; Result: new_a=1995.4 Because there is conversion from numeric to character and back to numeric, this may be slow, there may be undesirable rounding, and (if the format and the informat do not mirror each other well enough) there may be errors. To illustrate try running with either of these statements added...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #6
Hi, Richard, Your data step, "monkeyshines" is one of the prettest I have ever seen. Really nice. The to-the-point array statement using the variable name wild character (":"); use of lbound() hbound() functions; use of _i_ for index variable; short but intuitive variable and array names like aVars, aBase, and aMap; use of intnx and intck functions, reading the returned variable name with ??yyq6. format, anticipation of range checking, and all the work was done in essentially a single line!("a_new = aVars[aMap[qtrIndex]];") ... I learn a lot just by reading your...

Re: Assign variables to a new variable based on variable names in SAS #3
Here's a solution that builds a list of subscripts in macro variables named like the 'a_' columns in the input dataset. 'a_' fields are referenced by the subscript from the array they're defined to be part of: data stuff; a_2003q4 = 44; a_2003q1 = 11; a_2003q2 = 22; a_2003q3 = 33; n = 'a_2003q3'; run; proc sql noprint; create table columns as select name from sashelp.vcolumn where libname = 'WORK' and memname = 'STUFF' and name eqt 'a_' order by name ; select compbl('...

Global Variable giving error "Object Variable or With block Variable Not Set"
Hello everyone: Using Access 2003 with links to SQL tables. Trying to create a persistent recordset connection to help with perfromance. In General Declarations I have the following Code: Public AlwaysOpenRecordSet As Recordset In a hidden form that is always open I have the following code on the Open Event: Set AlwaysOpenRecordSet = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select * from dbo_udINToolOrderEdit where Co = 500") In the same hidden form on The Close Event I have the following code: AlwaysOpenRecordSet.Close Set AlwaysOpenRecordSet = Nothing On exiting the application...

Referencing variables from variable names #2
hi, i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell ('a','b', etc.). how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm totally lost. any help would be appreciated! db ...

How to: referencing variables using the contents of otehr variables.
I am using SUN Java, jdk1.6.0_13 Is there a way to reference a variable using the contents of another variable? I have a variable, primitive data type char, that can contain many different values. For each of these values, there is a corresponding array of the same name as the contents of the char variable. For example, the char variable named P can have the value 'K', and there is also a two dimensional array named K[][] of type String. I want to be able to access the array directly, without using a switch (P) and explicitly having a case for each possible value of P. Thanks! fguy64s@gmail.com wrote: > For example, the char variable named P can have the value 'K', and > there is also a two dimensional array named K[][] of type String. Yes and no. First, you can't have two variables declared in the same scope with the same name; char k; int[][] k; // error won't compile. You must give them different names. The easiest way to accomplish what you want is probably to just make your own type. class CharData { char k; int[][] data; } Now you have bound a char and a two dimensional array 'data' together. You don't need a switch or any look up to access one from the other. There might be better ways to do this. I've provided no getters or setters, the variables are not private, and there's no constructor. Depending on your application, it might be better to add some of those, or to do something ...

Object variable or With block variable not set error
All, Could somebody please help me out here. I am getting an "Object variable or With block variable not set" error with the following code. This happens when I enter a value into the "ponum" control on my "frm_queries" form. I appreciate the help. Joe ------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim stDocName As String Dim dbs As Database, rst As Recordset, qdf As QueryDef DoCmd.SetWarnings False If IsNull(Forms!frm_queries!ponum) Then MsgBox "Must Enter PO Number (Full or Partial). Please Try Again" ...

how to define variables and avoid Undefined Variable errors?
how does one set a variable so as to avoid errors like this: Notice: Undefined variable: arrayToCapture in /home/httpd/vhosts/publicdomainsoftware.org/httpdocs/pdsIncludes/McControllerForAll.php on line 922 On 20 Jul 2005 14:32:42 -0700, lkrubner@geocities.com wrote: >how does one set a variable Using '='. >so as to avoid errors like this: > >Notice: Undefined variable: arrayToCapture in >/home/httpd/vhosts/publicdomainsoftware.org/httpdocs/pdsIncludes/McControllerForAll.php >on line 922 Or you can check whether it's defined using isset(). -- Andy Ha...

Assign variables to a new variable dynamically in SAS
Dear all, I have met the following problem and I need your expert help. The variable names in the data set looks like this: a1 a3 a7 ........... a20 n Now I want to do this: if n=1 then new_a=a1; if n=2 then new_a=a2; ..... if n=20 then new_a=a20; Is there a simpler way using macro to do this in SAS ? Because I have several other variable sets to do, say b, c, d, .... Many thanks, V. On 15 Jan 2004 08:40:43 -0800, mwx74@hotmail.com (W M) wrote: >Dear all, > >I have met the following problem and I need your expert help. >The variable names in the data set looks like thi...

Web resources about - Variable has never been referenced error. - comp.soft-sys.sas

Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT) are a set of tests administered at public schools in the state of Georgia that are designed ...

SmartPlates & Charts - Geo-referenced VFR & IFR Maps and Procedures on the App Store on iTunes
Get SmartPlates & Charts - Geo-referenced VFR & IFR Maps and Procedures on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Gay rights referenced in new citizenship guide
A revised citizenship study guide for new Canadians released Monday contains a single sentence on gay and lesbian rights, which is a sentence ...

Google Glass bone conduction technology referenced in FCC filing
As if Google Glass wasn't already cool enough, today we're finding out that it feature bone conduction technology. The glasses recently made ...

Retina-Equipped iMac Referenced In OS X 10.10 Yosemite
... to receive an ultra-high resolution display. According to MacBidouille ( via MacRumors ), a Retina display-equipped iMac is indeed referenced ...

Facebook profiles: now cross-referenced with retail purchases!
CVS is one of the companies that manages its loyalty program data with Facebook's new partner, Datalogix. Elvert Barnes Facebook is now using ...

CBS News releases video referenced in O'Reilly dispute
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS News on Monday released video from four stories it aired about the Falklands War in 1982, all part of a dispute involving ...

"I don't think anything can prepare you to hear your own name referenced by a Supreme Court justice as ...
"If I remember correctly, 'Gratz' was referenced in the very first question asked that day. Each time they mentioned my name, I wanted to jump ...

Can You Name All 85 Best Picture Winners Referenced In This Wonderful Oscars Ad?
Designer Olly Moss said this poster for the Oscars was the hardest he's ever had to create. The brief: reference every single Best Picture winner ...