Variable has never been referenced error.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I read in  file on a mainframe  MVS system
and now I'm trying to summarize the data
in Macro SUMM to OUT1.A
SASLOG below indicates some variables are
out of order?

 361        PROC SUMMARY DATA=TEMP;
 362           CLASS SEQ PROD PLUNTYPE  VINTAGE;
 363           VAR ACCT NEWADV BALANCE NETBAL CASHFL INC_FC INC_SC INC_LC
INC_MF
(... bunch of variables from line 363 to 369. My original varlist of
variables includes all variables in this list.)
 369               FRMADV FRMACCT VRM1ADV VRM1ACCT VRM2ADV VRM2ACCT PLADV
PLACCT
 370               ;
 371           OUTPUT OUT=OUT1.A SUM=;
 372           RUN;
 373
 374        %MEND;
 375
 376        %SUMM;
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTSEQ IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ACCTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE VINTAGE IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE PC_INT IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER BEEN
REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
+ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
BEEN REFERENCED.
 NOTE: THE SAS SYSTEM STOPPED PROCESSING THIS STEP BECAUSE OF ERRORS.

 NOTE: SAS SET OPTION OBS=0 AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK STATEMENTS. THIS MAY
CAUSE NOTE: NO OBSERVATIONS IN DATA SET.
 WARNING: THE DATA SET WORK.TEMP MAY BE INCOMPLETE.  WHEN THIS STEP WAS
STOPPED THERE WERE 0 OBSERVATIONS AND 0 VARIABLES.

0
Reply Jumbo_shrimps (30) 2/15/2007 11:19:43 AM

See related articles to this posting

Hi Jumbo,

You did not show the start of a data step or some KEEP, DROP or RENAME
statement that is before he PROC SUMMARY, but your dataset TEMP is
completely empty as can be seen at the end of your log snippet.

Regards - Jim.
--
Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands
Statistician, SAS consultant

On Feb 15, 12:19 pm, "Jumbo Shrimps, Jr." <jumbo_shri...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSEC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
>  ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
> +ERROR: THE VARIABLE ORIGSRC IN THE DROP, KEEP, OR RENAME LIST HAS NEVER
> BEEN REFERENCED.
>  NOTE: THE SAS SYSTEM STOPPED PROCESSING THIS STEP BECAUSE OF ERRORS.
>
>  NOTE: SAS SET OPTION OBS=0 AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK STATEMENTS. THIS MAY
> CAUSE NOTE: NO OBSERVATIONS IN DATA SET.
>  WARNING: THE DATA SET WORK.TEMP MAY BE INCOMPLETE.  WHEN THIS STEP WAS
> STOPPED THERE WERE 0 OBSERVATIONS AND 0 VARIABLES.

Reply jim4stat (165) 2/15/2007 12:14:34 PM
comp.soft-sys.sas 130786 articles. 26 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

non static variable cannot be referenced...error.. on a timetable
Hey Guys, I have written a program which will search through information (a bus timetable) and return whether a journey is available. i have a problem on the three last paragraphs which should allow users to enter time, etc.. the error i get on all three is non static variable 'buses' cannot be referenced from a static context... HERE is the Code:non static variable cannot be referenced import java.io.*; import java.util.*; class EasyInSlightlyImproved { static InputStreamReader is = new InputStreamReader( System.in ); static BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader( is ); ...

error message: the value assigned here to the variable might never be use
what this message mean? << the value assigned here to the variable 'z' might never be use>> and how can make this variable can be used Gumah <alrjele2004@gmail.com> wrote in message <37ef071e-8e24-42d1-a479-ff937fdb3256@v12g2000prb.googlegroups.com>... > what this message mean? > << the value assigned here to the variable 'z' might never be use>> > and how can make this variable can be used This should be a warning, not an error, meaning that it should not prevent your code from working. What it means is that you have assig...

Error: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'PfFlag' referenced before assignment
$$ TestCase ID : 001 Step : deleteDvc,206268 Result Eval type : XmlChk Step : deleteDvc,206269 Result Eval type : XmlChk Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\UDR2\UDRxmlGateway.py", line 388, in <module> ParseAll() File "C:\UDR2\UDRxmlGateway.py", line 371, in ParseAll if (PfFlag =3D=3D 1): UnboundLocalError: local variable 'PfFlag' referenced before assignment =20 =20 PfFlag gets assigned in a for loop in line 365 for i in range(PfFlagArrSize): if (PfFlagArr[i] =3D=3D 1): ---> PfFlag =3D int(1) ...

Referencing variables from variable names
hi, i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell ('a','b', etc.). how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm totally lost. any help would be appreciated! db In article <fb4j3h$t1u$1@fred.mathworks.com>, dan berkowitz <dberkowitz@nospamyahoo.com> wrote: >i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell >('a','b', etc.). >how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm >totally lost. eval(variablename) However, if you need eval, then you have -probably- not programmed as best pos...

question: referencing a variable with a variable
I come from a perl background. I have gotten in the habit of using references to variables instead of specifically calling said variable/ class/whatever. Basically, I am wondering how I would translate the following into ruby. example 1: sub my_sub { $choice = shift; $choices="this|that|foo|bar"; if ( $choice =~ m/($choices)/ ) {&$choice} else {die "some witty msg"} } example 2: $this = 'var_name'; $var_name = 'i want this to print'; print $$var_name . "\n"; thanks On Jun 13, 2:26 pm, knohr <just_a_techie2...@yahoo.com>...

Application Error (referenced error)
This is my first post on this list, and I'm new to Python. I downloaded a content management system called Plone and get the following error message when I try to start it: Plone Controller - [Plone Status]: pythonw.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x009d3f09" referenced memory at "0x000000cB". The memory could not be "read". plone-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again, witih the same results. When I tried to start another Program in the Plone folder, I got this error message: "Windows is searching ...

Global Variable giving error "Object Variable or With block Variable Not Set"
Hello everyone: Using Access 2003 with links to SQL tables. Trying to create a persistent recordset connection to help with perfromance. In General Declarations I have the following Code: Public AlwaysOpenRecordSet As Recordset In a hidden form that is always open I have the following code on the Open Event: Set AlwaysOpenRecordSet = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select * from dbo_udINToolOrderEdit where Co = 500") In the same hidden form on The Close Event I have the following code: AlwaysOpenRecordSet.Close Set AlwaysOpenRecordSet = Nothing On exiting the application...

Referencing variables from variable names #3
hi, i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell ('a','b', etc.). how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm totally lost. any help would be appreciated! db >> a=1000; >> b=2000; >> vars={'a','b'}; >> eval(vars{1}) a = 1000 >> eval(vars{2}) b = 2000 "dan berkowitz" <dberkowitz@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message <fb4j5o$sk$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hi, > > i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell > ('a','b', etc....

Referencing variables from variable names #2
hi, i have the names of a list of variables stored in cell ('a','b', etc.). how can i call the variables from this list of names? i'm totally lost. any help would be appreciated! db ...

how to define variables and avoid Undefined Variable errors?
how does one set a variable so as to avoid errors like this: Notice: Undefined variable: arrayToCapture in /home/httpd/vhosts/publicdomainsoftware.org/httpdocs/pdsIncludes/McControllerForAll.php on line 922 On 20 Jul 2005 14:32:42 -0700, lkrubner@geocities.com wrote: >how does one set a variable Using '='. >so as to avoid errors like this: > >Notice: Undefined variable: arrayToCapture in >/home/httpd/vhosts/publicdomainsoftware.org/httpdocs/pdsIncludes/McControllerForAll.php >on line 922 Or you can check whether it's defined using isset(). -- Andy Ha...

How to: referencing variables using the contents of otehr variables.
I am using SUN Java, jdk1.6.0_13 Is there a way to reference a variable using the contents of another variable? I have a variable, primitive data type char, that can contain many different values. For each of these values, there is a corresponding array of the same name as the contents of the char variable. For example, the char variable named P can have the value 'K', and there is also a two dimensional array named K[][] of type String. I want to be able to access the array directly, without using a switch (P) and explicitly having a case for each possible value of P. Thanks! ...

Shared Variables Errors, Custom, Error 91
I seem to be having a unique problem with Network Published, Custom Data, Shared Variables (SV).&nbsp; I say it is unique because I am not finding any information and most issue seem to be associated with older versions of LabVIEW.&nbsp; I am using LabVIEW 8.2.1, using network published but for now both applications are running on the same PC (no network cable).&nbsp; I am getting random, ?Error 91 occurred at Variant to Data?.&nbsp; Stop the program and restart and everything is OK sometime. &nbsp; I have run the program with the Variable Manager open and it is reporting...

Object variable or With block variable not set error
All, Could somebody please help me out here. I am getting an "Object variable or With block variable not set" error with the following code. This happens when I enter a value into the "ponum" control on my "frm_queries" form. I appreciate the help. Joe ------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim stDocName As String Dim dbs As Database, rst As Recordset, qdf As QueryDef DoCmd.SetWarnings False If IsNull(Forms!frm_queries!ponum) Then MsgBox "Must Enter PO Number (Full or Partial). Please Try Again" ...

(local-variables/warning) File local-variables error: Symbol's value as variable is void: compile-command
Hi I get the following error message when I start my xemacs in a directory containing a desktop file (see below). (local-variables/warning) File local-variables error: Symbol's value as variable is void: compile-command I have tried starting xemacs with -init_debug but I did not get any further info. Thanks for any hint. GA ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; desktop file begins here ;; -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;; Desktop File for Emacs ;; -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;; Created Wed A...

Why would concatenating a variable to a variable give an error in pl/sql?
using oracle 9.2.0.3.0 running on unix starfire Sun OS 2.7 when doing a stored procedure we are getting the following errror when trying to concatenate 2 variables (variable sqlSqtmt) Undeclared Identifier ' sqlStmt' we are doing the following (code not complet took parts out for brevity) CREATE OR REPLACE procedure getPCBDetailResults( txtLocation in Varchar2, errResultMessage OUT VARCHAR2, errResultValue OUT INTEGER ) as sqlStmt Varchar2(2000); sqlStmt2 Varchar2(4000); whereClause Varchar2(2000); orderClause Varchar2(2000); be...

Object variable or Width block variable not set error
I get the following error: "Object variable or Width block variable not set error" trying to run this in my Access2000 .ADP database: CurrentDb.Properties.Append CurrentDb.CreateProperty(myPropertyName, dbLong, myValue) Any ideas why and how to fix would be appreciated. lq Lauren: In an ADP database, even if you try to reference CurrentDB it will not create an appropriate refernce to the ADP database container so you can not create database properties in an ADP in that manner. -- Steve Arbaugh ACG Soft http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg "Lauren Quan...

Error :snmpget: Agent reported error with variable #1.
I am receiving the subject error when I try to do the following snmpget -v 1 -c public -p 161 148.99.145.10 1.3.6.1.4.1.1730.1.2.1.1 My environment is HP OVO and HP NNM getting snmps from OE db I ran this is debug mode and came up with the following Transmitted 44 bytes to abc.abcgroup.com (148.99.145.10) port 161: Initial Timeout: 0.80 seconds 0: 30 2a 02 01 00 04 06 70 75 62 6c 69 63 a0 1d 02 0*.....public... 16: 02 3b 8a 02 01 00 02 01 00 30 11 30 0f 06 0b 2b ..;.......0.0...+ 32: 06 01 04 01 8d 42 01 02 01 01 05 00 -- -- -- -- ......B.......... 0: ...

(local-variables/warning) Error in File local-variables
Hi below is the error message that I get when opening some verilog and systemC files with Xemacs on a Fedora 8 x86 machine I have no clue what all these errors mean. I guest it is related to my .init.el file. I just took a file that I used many years ago. I have include the complete file below too. Thanks for any hint. nike (1) (local-variables/warning) Error in File local-variables: Symbol's value as variable is void: compile-command Backtrace follows: verilog-modify-compile-command() run-hooks(verilog-modify-compile-command) # bind (force) hack-local-variables(...

Perl FAQ error in "variable as a variable name"
In trying to learn about references, I believe I've found an error in the Perl FAQ, section 7 ("General Perl Language Issues"), under the question, "How can I use a variable as a variable name?" The problem exists in the documentation for Perl 5.6 and Perl 5.8. I tried emailing the FAQ keepers a while ago and got no response. Maybe somebody can confirm or correct me here. (smile) The FAQ currently reads in part: By using symbolic references, you are just using the package's symbol-table hash (like %main::) instead of a user-defined hash. The solution is t...

error with variable
New to programming, I don't see what wrong with this code. The script run on /fr/rules/sens1 but not on en/rules/sens1. I suspect something wrong with readParams(\$lang); # ---------------MAIN BEGIN------------------------------------------------- my $lang; readParams(\$lang); #\$silent, \@rulesFiles, \$base); printc "lang = ", 'black', ''; printc "$lang", 'green'; my $WORD = "[[:alpha:]'-]"; my @RULES_FILES; my $exceptFile = "$lang/config/exceptions.txt"; buildRulesSens(1, $exceptFile, $lang); #buildRulesSens(2, $confi...

Undefined variable or function error even though variable is defined
Hi guys I'm working on my final year project and At the moment i'm writing a code that it supposes to record 10 seconds of video into an avi file when something happens in the video. My problem is that even though i defined the AVI file, it gives me the following error: ??? Undefined function or variable "mov". Error in ==> ColorForegroundSegmentationB at 142 mov = close(mov) My piece of code looks something like this: area = bwarea(idi) for i= 1:p if area >= 20000 && area <= 40000 disp('Human object in sitting position') filename=['&#...

access97: Object variable or Width block variable not set error
hello- i received an runtime error message: You tried to call Update or CancelUpdate or attempted to update a Field in a recordset without first calling AddNew or Edit. (Error 3020). when i look through my code again, i thought that i called the Edit methode before i tried to update the [DBInUse] field. thanks in advance, jung here is the following code: Dim rst, rst2, rstmySQL As Recordset Dim db As Database Dim mysSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("DailyCreateExceptionReport") Set rst2 = db.OpenRecordset("DBInUse") 'Locks the database so ...

Referencing Errors
I am a new Autodesk Land Desktop (2006) user. I am trying to reference 3 files which have to exactly overlap over each other. This happens in the 2005 version. But in the 2006 version, one of the files appears at a totally different place. Could you tell me why this is happening? Do I have to install a patch/update to make this right? Thanks in advance! ...

Error with Variables
Hi, I got a en error message when im testing a prog. error was ERROR : Date was declare as both numeric and character This is when reading the files for input. date is just a variable name. The problem is i have 26 input files and i want to know in which data set or file the problem is. is it possible??? For this i have manually checked and found it. Please let me know. Regards, ...