WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build...

I tried to run exact logistic regression on our SAS server. After minutes
passed, the following warning showed on log window:

WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for
exact computations.
WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for
exact computations.
WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for
exact computations.

And the SAS stopped running. It surprised me, Any ideas on how to avoid
this?

Apprieciate it
0
benpub7 (171)

Re: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build...
Ben: You likely know that exact estimates require computation of a potentially huge number of different possible distributions of data. A logistic model with many variables or many states of variables may require more memory than SAS has available to it. I wouldn't consider it unusual for an exact logistic regression to fill up memory. If you are opting for exact logistic regression because you trying to estimate, say, an odds ratio for an outcome found in a very small proportion of your data, you may have too many covariates for exact estimates on your machine. Try reducing the complexity of the model to minimal levels and computing estimates.If the minimal model produces sensible results, it would be safe to say that the complexity of the fuller model exceeds what a SAS exact logistic regression can support. In that case it would make sense to ask SAS Tech support for model dimensions that exact logistic should be able to handle on your machine. Because resource use in exact computations tends to increase exponentially with the complexity of a model, incrementing memory by any reasonable amount may not do much for you. Best in this case to ask. Your only practical choice might be to reduce the complexity of the model. S -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ben Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build... I tried to run exa...

available memory (windows) for sas
Below is the output from the mem command on my laptop. If my SAS system option is memsize=0 (for max) would that be 598288 or something else? Properties from "my computer" shows 2gb ram. C:>mem 655360 bytes total conventional memory 655360 bytes available to MS-DOS 598288 largest executable program size 1048576 bytes total contiguous extended memory 0 bytes available contiguous extended memory 941056 bytes available XMS memory MS-DOS resident in High Memory Area Thanks, Gregg Snell ...

Out of memory while I still have enough memory
Dear all, My problem is as follows, I want to run an simulation in Femlab. The mesh has around 10,000 elements and 8,000 nodes. My computer has a memory of 1,024 MB and I have set the virtual memory up to 4 GB. When I'm running the simulation the simulation stops with a message that it is "out of Memory". The used memory was at that moment around 0.8 GB, what means that the capacity of the memory was not fully used. Could someone tell me why this is and what actions I have to undertake to solve this problem. regards Harry Dekker Harry Dekker wrote: > > Dear all, > ...

Labview out of memory message: memory full; not enough memory to complete this operation
Hello, I have programmed various algorithms for preprocessing of large data sets, mainly using the linear algebra toolkit.  I am having memory problems with labview when I run my program - even when testing with a 'small' data set  of 2000 columns and 2000 rows. I get messages like: Labvie out of memory; memory full; not enough memory to complete operation. And these messages come very soon after I import the data - i.e. i do not get much chance to do much processing! I will appreciate help with this. I have tried to streamline my code, but I am sure I am still missin...

Beta Build Build 9590 Available
Hi: Build 9590 for BCC 5.5.1 and for 5.8.2 have been posted. (www.whosaway.com Password: XHB) -- Mel Smith ...

Out of memory & Function MEMORY is not available on this platform
well guys is very strange... since: when I type: help memory I am to get response from Matlab as: .... Example 1: Run the MEMORY command on a 32-bit Windows system: .... Example 2: Run the MEMORY command on a 64-bit Windows system: .... Example 3: Run the MEMORY command with two outputs on a 32-bit Windows system: [uV sV] = memory .... but when I type: memory ??? Error using ==> memory Function MEMORY is not available on this platform. Its kind of strange isn't it? btw I use MAC OS X 10.6 (might this be a problem?) Moreover I would like to execute this ...

Enough is Enough
Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space slamming one another. Sharon On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:07:47 -0700, Sharon <me7@privacy.net> wrote: >Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is >supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space >slamming one another. > >Sharon Your right Sharon, they do. Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1 http://gregsplace.50megs.com <comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-p...

No more memory available
Hi, In a loop I am pushing data on a stack and popping it later. In the first part of the calculation I push more than I pop and it eats up all the physical memory, and eats also up all the virtual memory available for the App. No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry. It is with OSX 10.3.5 and Mathematica 5.0.1 on a G4 with 2GB SDRAM. I am wondering what technics are used by others in similar situation. Do you start to write out to the file system your accumulated unprocessed data and read it back late...

SAS Memory
Hello SASers, I'm running into memory allocation problems when manipulating matrices. I know the program works on a smaller data set. I would like to track down the source of the problem. Is there a way to check if my computer even has enough memory or where the memory problem is occurring. From what I can understand is the memsize default is set to 0 so this would seem not to be the problem. I am also working with PROC IML and it occures right near the end of the program. I know the program works fine because I have tried it on smaller data sets. I'm working in proc IML. Any thoughts in tracking down the sourse of the memory problem are appreciated. The sample error is below. Thank you! Best, Tom NOTE: Module MAIN defined. 799 run main; NOTE: I/O required temporary file to be opened. ERROR: (execution) Unable to allocate sufficient memory. At least 369158824 more bytes required. operation : / at line 622 column 36 operands : _TEM1003, NSAMP _TEM1003 6793 rows 6793 cols (numeric) NSAMP 1 row 1 col (numeric) 6793 statement : ASSIGN at line 622 column 1 traceback : module MARDIA at line 622 column 1 module MAIN at line 761 column 1 NOTE: Paused in module MARDIA. 800 quit; NOTE: Exiting IML. NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. NOTE: PROCEDURE IML used (Total process time): real time 0.86 seconds cpu time 0.84 seconds ...

SAS Macros to Search and Report Errors and Warnings from your SAS Logs
Any suggestions or enhancements to this macro....Please let me know.... http://sastechies.blogspot.com/2010/10/sas-macros-to-search-and-report-errors.html ...

Enough is Enough
Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space slamming one another. Sharon On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:07:47 -0700, Sharon <me7@privacy.net> wrote: >Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is >supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space >slamming one another. > >Sharon Your right Sharon, they do. Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1 http://gregsplace.50megs.com <comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-p...

Available memory
Is there a function call, or a set of calls, that will tell me how much physical memory is available to grab with malloc? I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. Allo wrote: > Is there a function call, or a set of calls, that will tell me how much= =20 > physical memory is available to grab with malloc? >=20 > I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. see if there's an getrlimit(2) function in your distribution. man 2 getrlimit It's a Berkleyism as far as I can tell but may be in some other kernels as well. --=20 =D1 "It is impossible to make an...

Is my memory is not enough?
Dear members: I am programming in C. I declare as follows but when running program, there is a fatal error appear: double a[255][255]; double b[255][255]; When I change it to double a[255][255]; double b[255][100]; then it works. I think the problem caused by the running out of memory. But I am wondering why I use malloc function, there is no error: ------------------------ double **a; double **b; a=malloc(255*255*sizeof(double)); if(a==NULL) printf("there is an error"); b= malloc(255*255*sizeof(double)); if(a==NULL) printf("there is an error"); -----------------...

No more memory available.
During this calculation: Det[m] the kernel has jammed and the following message has been visualized No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. it is possible to overcome this obstacle increasing the memory or it is a non surmountable limit of the windows XP vers 32 bit ? Thanks for the help If you search this forum or google for key words like "no more memory available" you would get your answer. I personally suspect that Mathematica has problems with Intel HT because running the same code on 64bit machine with 8gb of ram gives the...

Not enough memory.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_53C3D811_0911BDC8_35C86F18 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Pj4+IGltcG9ydCBvcw0KPj4+IGhlbHAob3MucGF0aCkNCk5vdCBlbm91Z2ggbWVtb3J5LuKA jQ0KDQpXaHkgaSBnZXQgaXQ/Tm90IGVub3VnaCBtZW1vcnkgLCBub3QgaGVscCBpbmZvPyxu b3Q= ------=_NextPart_53C3D811_0911BDC8_35C86F18 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Jmd0OyZndDsmZ3Q7IGltcG9ydCBvczxicj4mZ3Q7Jmd0OyZndDsgaGVscChvcy5wYXRoKTxi cj5Ob3QgZW5vdWdoIG1lbW9yeS48c3BhbiBpZD0iX2VkaXRvc...

No Memory Available
Dear Mathematica Experts, I am using NDSolve to do integration in time for 24 variables. I can choose only to do the integration for a short time range, otherwise I get the error: No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry. What frustrates me is that I get this error only after a minute or so although I can accept to carry out the run for a much longer time to reach the steady state solution but this error prevents me from this by killing the whole kernel. I tried to set the Historylength to zero with no improveme...

not enough memory
Hi , I use proc model to estimate a hundred equations using=20 proc model data... ..... fit eq1 eq2 ..eq100/GMM And sas log says unable to allocate sufficient memory,need at least = 400mb more. Which is strange, I have 4G physicaly memory on WinXP 32 using sas 9.2. = Surely I have 400mb of free memory. Just as an aside, Proc model = actually prints out a memory usage chart which says it needs 800mb. So = the total memory needed is just 800mb. If I delete half of the equations, the program runs perferctly. I wonder = if there is anyway to fix this. I tried memsize and bu...

not enough memory :-(
From time to time, my system seems to eat up all the memory. In this moment, for instance, if I try to open even a simple command window, it fails saying that there is non enough memory available :-( Shmemmon says: Available: 715 256Kb blocks = 178.8 Mb I had theseus already open, just in case, and the output of the linear memory map page is posted at http://tinyurl.com/2w62pj(It is too long to be posted here) I am unable to interpret it. Is anyone able to tell me what is going wrong? Is there any other check that I could do? thanks Piersante The correct link ...

would like to call SAS programs or SAS OLAP Cubes from an interface build on ASP.Net using VB
Hi All, I would like to call SAS programs or SAS OLAP Cubes from an interface build on ASP.Net using VB.which means SAS works as backend and ASP.Net as front end. if any one of you have any example or simple tutorial for this task. thanks, AShok SAS Programmer I have not done ant Olap Cubes as of yet, but but I do use ASP.net & VB as a front end to launch SAS programs and Present the Output. Check out SAS Integrated Technologies.... and other suggestions that follow this reply and/or do a search on this group. http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/inttech/index.html On Sep 18, 1:54=A0am, ashok <maddias...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I would like to call SAS programs or SAS OLAP Cubes from an interface > build on ASP.Net using VB.which > means SAS works as backend and ASP.Net as front end. > > if any one of you have > any example or simple tutorial for this task. > thanks, > > AShok > SAS Programmer On Sep 18, 1:25=A0pm, Don <dmor...@rocketmail.com> wrote: > I have not done ant Olap Cubes as of yet, but but I do use ASP.net & > VB as a front end > to launch SAS programs and Present the Output. > > Check out SAS Integrated Technologies.... and other suggestions that > follow this reply and/or do a search on this group. > > http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/inttech/index.html > > On Sep 18, 1:54=A0am, ashok <maddias...@gmail.com> wrote: > > &...

question about 'Unable to allocate memory: to make array error' message ( and I think there is enough memory)
Guys, I'm trying to run a process in which I fall into a 'unable to allocate memory' issue, but I think I have enough memory and for some reason IDL doesnt' know it. I run my process and request 60GB of RAM. I create first a fltarr(16000000,19,6) if my numbers are right that's ~6.8 GB of memory I then try to create another fltarr of (16000000,19,19) again, if my numbers are correct, that is ~21.5 GB, total of ~28GB. When I try to do that IDL sends a "% Unable to allocate memory: to make array." error. Below my code and the output from the process. Any ideas? Thanks JP pro test_memory_raijin compile_opt idl2 nan= !Values.F_NAN ; first make an array like the one is causing trouble print, 'at the very beggining:' & help, /memory x= fltarr(4000l*4000, 19, 6) print, 'after creating x:' & help, /memory ; now create another large array sizeX = size(X) y= fltarr(sizeX[1], sizeX[2], sizeX[2]) & y[*]=NaN print, 'after creating y:' & help, /memory ; get rid of y undefine, y & help, /memory ; now call medoid_2d y= medoid_2d(x) print, 'at the end:' & help, /memory end OUTPUT: IDL Version 8.2.1 (linux x86_64 m64). (c) 2012, Exelis Visual Information Solutions, Inc. Installation number: 237570. Licensed for use by: ANU Supercomputer Facility % Compiled module: TEST_MEMORY_RAIJIN. at the very beggi...

libmsi.a import library from wine, and header files available (entirely free software), available for python-win32 builds under msys+wine
as part of building python2.5.2 under msys under wine on linux using mingw, i thought i'd try building _msi.pyd just for kicks. of course, that required having an msi.lib import library, and associated header files. so, purely as an experiment, i've documented the process by which it is possible to take wine 1.1.13 (current development release) source code, modify the header files for use with mingw, create a typelibrary (using dlltool) and then, surprise-surprise, _msi.pyd successfully builds. i say successfully builds: but then, running from _outside_ of a wineconsole cmd, doing t...

Low Memory Warning
I started a new app today and got the following message: Low Memory Warning Air Harp has detected your device is low on memory. If a problem occurs please restart your device. No problem occurred. I think Stanza may have been using memory - I really don't know how to tell what's using memory. The message did concern me. Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > I started a new app today and got the following message: > > Low Memory Warning > Air Harp has detected your device is > low on memory. If a problem occurs > please restart yo...

not enough quota available

There is not enough brathering available
Hi guys, Has anyone ever encountered an error box on startup, after the desktop has loaded and while the rest of the applications at start up are loading that reads: "There is not enough brathering available Please contact your system administrator!" It concerns eyery account on the machine. FYI. I attached the registry HKLM RUN keys. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] "WinampAgent"="C:\\Programme\\Winamp\\winampa.exe /check brathering" "avgnt"="\"C:\\Programme\\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\\...

Web resources about - WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build... - comp.soft-sys.sas

North Carolina Deputies Suspended for ‘Failures to Act’ During Trump Rally Violence
A group of sheriff’s deputies in North Carolina have been suspended after a Donald Trump rally where a protester was punched after being escorted ...

German court rules against Apple in patent suit with OpenTV over streaming technologies
Reuters reports this evening that a German court has ruled against Apple in a case centered around video streaming patents owned by OpenTV. Kudelski’s ...

Twitch users decided my fate in a VR game built on Amazon Lumberyard
Hidden away on the exhibition floor at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco today, I found a short line next to the big booth for ...

Obama slaps new sanctions on North Korea after tests
By Joel Schectman and Yeganeh Torbati WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama imposed sweeping new sanctions on North Korea on Wednesday ...

Black Maryland Cop Killed By Fellow Officer Who Thought He Was Shootout Suspect
Jacai Colson, a Prince George’s County (Mary.) cop, was killed over the weekend by friendly fire during a shootout outside PGC police headquarters. ...

Which Xbox 360 Games Are Free This Week On Xbox Live? Which Games They Are, And How To Get Them
If you’re an Xbox Live member, you already know that Microsoft gives free Xbox games away to members every week. The Xbox games vary week to ...

Hacker who stole celebrities' nude photos will plead guilty
CNET Hacker who stole celebrities' nude photos will plead guilty CNET A hacker who accessed accounts of actress Jennifer Lawrence, pictured ...

5 things we learned from Janet Yellen about Fed rate hikes and the U.S. economy
Federal Reserve policymakers said the U.S. economy is strong enough to handle increases in a key interest rate this year, but they have scaled ...

Watch: DC Metro System Shut Down by Emergency Inspections
Thousands in the Capitol scramble to commute without the trains.

Google Adds Metronome Card To Search
Want to find out the answer to a calculation but you’re too lazy to type it yourself? You can just paste in the formula and Google will be able ...