Weird problem with ODS PDF - searching within PDF doesn't work

Hi All,

I've got a weird problem, which might be SAS 9.2 (windows) only.  I
output a PDF file (using ODS PDF), then I search in the PDF using
find, in either acrobat reader or a 3rd party reader. But I don't find
what I'm looking for.  Specifically, if I search for "Q" (without
speech marks) I find lower case d.  If I search for "1" I find lower
case a.  And if I search for "Q1" I don't find anything (even though
there are lots of Q1s in the PDF file).

Has anyone else come across this?  Is there a solution?  It's
difficult to search the support site or web for this, 'cos I find lots
of PDF files about how to find standard errors.  I

Thanks,

jeremy

--
Jeremy Miles
Psychology Research Methods Wiki: www.researchmethodsinpsychology.com

ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92?
Hi there, The following code when runs on v8.2 will generate a one-page report with a table on top and a figure on the bottom. But a two-page report with first page as the table and second page as the figure if runs on v92, which basically means the startpage=never dosen't work anymore. I have a routine report based on the startpage=never, this change totally mess up my report! Is there a way to force v92 to behave as v82 for this matter? Thanks Ya ods listing close; ods pdf file="c:\temp\v9junk.pdf" notoc style=minimal; ods pdf startpage=never; proc print data=sashelp.clas...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92?
Utilize the ODS Layout feature to get the desired text, graphics all in one page. You can refer to this SUGI paper<http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi28/148-28.pdf> . Code: ods listing close; ods pdf file="abc.pdf" notoc style=minimal startpage=never; ods layout start; proc print data=sashelp.class; run; goptions reset=all device=sasprtc horigin=1 in vorigin=1 in hsize=2 in vsize= 2in; proc gplot data=sashelp.class; plot weight*height; run; quit; ods layout end; ods pdf close; ods listing; AkshayA! On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Ya Huang <ya.huang@amylin.com> ...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? #3
Hi Andre, I read the doc and noticed the same line: "specifying STARTPAGE= NEVER might cause graphics to overprint" In other word, SAS never committed "NEVER" will behave consistently :-( Too bad, I may have to make many changes to some validated codes. Ya -----Original Message----- From: Andre Wielki [mailto:wielki@ined.fr] Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 2:35 AM To: Huang, Ya Cc: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? Ya, I agree with you that some ods pdf functionning has changed but the use of never yes and now...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? #2
Ya, I agree with you that some ods pdf functionning has changed but the use of never yes and now has always being not generating evident pageskipping the lessons are, i think 1)yes or now has not the same effect in ods pdf 2)creating first a graph on a pdf page permit the addition of another tabular result which will be added from the head of the page but if you must put many graph on a pdf page follow a reasonnable sequence from top to bottom ====================== yours modified=========== ods listing close; ods pdf file="d:\temp\v9junk.pdf" notoc style=minimal; *ods pd...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? #4
I have used ODS Layout as described in that paper and it is indeed very nice. HOWEVER, be forewarned that what is described there may not work in 9.2. I created (what I thought) was a simple layout where the page was divided into four equally sized regions (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right) where I positioned graphs in the top right and bottom left, and proc reports in the other two quadrants. I did that in 9.1.3. When I tested it in 9.2 the graphs were not positioned even close to where they should have been. I reported the problem to SAS TS in December and they still have not...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

links in MS Word to PDF don't work with PDF Writer
I have read from several sources that PDF Writer is capable of taking a MS Word document containing hyperlinks and converts it into a PDF with links activated. I'm using MS Word 2000 and the PDF Writer that comes on the Adobe 5.05 Acrobat CD. When I create the document in word, I can verify that the link actually works by taking me to the desired web page. I generate the PDF file by printing to the PDFWriter printer and get a PDF file. When I view the PDF file is a web browser that has the Acrobat Reader plug-in installed, the links appear in blue underline but when I click the li...

Weird problem
Normally, one can put any bull as long as comments are on, as in: // import yava.biteme.yo_mamma; but when i tried to do //String s = "\u305\u3048"; the stupid computer tells me to shut up by claiming that it's an illegal unicode escape. Now, i've bought it, so i'll tell it what is and what isn't a legal escape. How come the compiler looks at the comments at all? Also - i tried to combine "\u305" with an int (taken from a for-loop that goes from 0 to 9). The same problem there. No, se´┐Żor! Enter all four digits after "\u" or i&...

PDF fonts convert to outlines doesn't work?
Hello, Can embedded fonts (in PDF's) be converted to outlines so that opening in Illustrator CS2 will show the vector outlines? PDF files can be wonderful but embebbed fonts seem useless to our workfow of manual imposition via vector drawing programs (Illustrator, Freehand, Coreldraw). We constantly go back to customers and ask them to convert the text to outlines. Acrobat 7 offers a checkbox "convert all text to outlines" in Advanced: PDF Optimizer: Transparency but opening these converted files in Illustrator shows lines of text (and missing font errors) vs. vectorize...

Safari problem
I just signed up to manage my credit cards online and I'm having trouble using Safari to view my statemnts. WHen I click on the link for a statemnt, a new window opens, but the statement doesn't appear. I CAN do it in IE, where the statement is downloaded as a PDF file and automatically opened in Preview. Anybody know why this isn;lt working properly in Safari and how I can fix it? Or maybe it's one of those cases where it only will work properly in IE? Thanks David Just to complicate matters, it seems to be an intermittant problem. SOmnetimes, the statemnts appear and som...

Save as PDF script step doesn't work from runtime
The Save Records as PDF script step works properly in the FM 8.5A application but not from the runtime solution. The script gets to that step ok, but it passes to the next step instantly and without saving the PDF file. Yes, the found set included all records. Yes, privileges include Allow Printing and Allow Exporting. Yes, the script step has the Run script with full access privileges checkbox checked. Everything else in the runtime solution, aside from the Save as PDF script step, works normally. Tried varying many other settings. Tried the runtime with and without Kiosk mode, with ad...

SAS TIP: Using Noprint and Ods output together? Doesn't work!
Have ever used the ODS OUTPUT statement to put output into a SAS dataset and then used the noprint option so that the output does not print in the output window? If so, then you know that this does not work. The SAS dataset is empty! The noprint option prevents output from going to any ODS destination, so you cannot use it. However, if you do not want your output to print in the output window, then there is an alternative. ODS Listing Close; This statement prevents any output from showing in the output window, but still allows the ODS OUTPUT statement to s...

Acrobat Reader 6.0 "Display PDF in browser" doesn't work
I'm using Acrobat Reader 6.0 with IE6 and Firefox 0.9.2. In Acrobat Reader I've deselected "Display PDF in browser" but the reader still comes-up in the browser. Does this menu option actually do anything? Thanks, SM ...

OVRPRTF used to send IFS pdf file to a OS/400 printer via FTP doesn't work anymore
Hi everybody, I need to send raw data from an IFS pdf file to a OS/400 printer able to print pdf files. What I did is creating a *USERASCII printer: CRTPRTF FILE(mylib/myprinterfile) DEVTYPE(*USERASCII) Then, everytime I need to print an IFS pdf file I had done the following: OVRPRTF (mylib/myprinterfile) DEV(physical printer) then, using ftp directly from FTP command or Scott Klement's FTPAPI in RPGLE programs, > namefmt 1 > bin > put /ifspath/ifspdffile.pdf /QSYS.LIB/mylib.LIB/myprinterfile.FILE It had been working fine for a couple of weeks. Then, I ha...

iproute2 fwmark doesn't work (or iptables --set-mark doesn't)
Hi, I just subscribed this group. Hello everyone! I have a problem with setting up routing. In short, I want to mark certain packets with iptables and then catch these marks with iproute2. However Linux seems to ignore these marks. I have a 3.11.4 kernel with CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER and CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES set. Here's my setup: - eth0: LAN - IP 192.168.0.1, netmask /24 - It connects to the LAN - eth1: WAN - IP 192.168.1.180, netmask /24, gateway 192.168.1.1 - It connects to the Internet - tap0: VPN (created with OpenVPN) - Local IP 172.24.25.4...

Web resources about - Weird problem with ODS PDF - searching within PDF doesn't work - comp.soft-sys.sas