Work around needed for eight character library reference

Hello All,

I am having trouble with a PROC SQL step. The  library I am reading
from is longer than eight characters and so SAS truncates the library
name and then addresses the library as WORK.

Do i need to declare the library name earlier in the code? I am using
ODBC connection if that helps.

Here is some of the code:
proc sql;
connect to odbc(dsn=tcn user=&user password=&password);
create view tcn as(

SELECT *
FROM JISTCNTables.dbo_TicketDetail TicketDetail

this is the error i get
714  FROM JISTCNTables.dbo_TicketDetail TicketDetail
ERROR: Librefs are restricted to eight characters. JISTCNTables has
been truncated.

ERROR: File WORK.DBO_TICKETDETAIL.DATA does not exist.

Any help or advice on this will be very much appreciated.

Paul

Re: Work around needed for eight character library reference
Paul: Even though we have largely replaced OCDB connections with OLEdb connections, I'll try to diagnose the problem that you are having.... Any LIBNAME that you define in SAS SQL has to appear in the SAS SQL sections preceding or following a SAS SQL pass-thru query (as shown below): /***********************************************************************************************************/ proc sql; [<SAS SQL statements>] connect to odbc (<connection string>); [<SAS SQL statements>] /* Initiate connection to odbc */ select * from connection to odbc ( <query ...

Re: Work around needed for eight character library reference #3
I'm a bit confused (or maybe this is just beyond my knowledge). Normally when I use CONNECT TO, you aren't executing SAS code, but passing it through to the ODBC source; so it doesn't matter what SAS thinks about names. IE, something like connect to odbc (args); create view tcn as select * from connection to odbc (odbc arguments) So I think your later code is not being executed as pass-through but as libname connection - which means you should look at that part; or give us more code. But i'm only slightly above novice at pass-through SQL. -Joe On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:51...

Re: Work around needed for eight character library reference #2
You need to use FROM CONNECTION TO if you are using passthrough SQL. See <http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/connref.hlp/srspt.htm >. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Tots units fem for�a! On May 15, 2009, at 11:51 am, Paul Lambson wrote: > Hello All, > > I am having trouble with a PROC SQL step. The library I am reading > from is longer than eight characters and so SAS truncates the library > name and then addresses the library as WORK. > > Do i need to declare the library name earlier in the code? I am using > ODBC connection if that...

Re: Work around needed for eight character library reference #4
Check out this post: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9909e&L=sas-l&P=10290 I think you're missing a 'connection to odbc' clause. Therefore, SAS is interpreting JISTCNTables.dbo_TicketDetail as a SAS table, not an ODBC one. Michael Arnett Systems Architect BNL Consulting, LLC ( Mobile: +1 770.733.4414 * E-mail: mike.arnett@bnl-consulting.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul Lambson Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 2:51 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Work around needed for eight charac...

RE : access sas/connect's work library through sas/share's JDBC
Does anyone know how to access dataset from sas/connect's work library through sas/share JDBC API ? Here is complete scenario....java based application submits sas code through sas/connect java API and that sas code creates dataset in work library and dataset need to be displayed in client-side GUI (using sas/share JDBC API) Thanks in advance, ...

Need help with a Work around
I posted a similiar question in this newsgroup already and got an answer which I already knew but didn't get the answer I was looking for so I am reposting the code and question differently in the hope that someone could help me out. As said in an earlier post I am new to c++, this is alot harder to do than VB. I am for the most part self taught with what I already know and looking to learn more. The book I am using to teach myself from is called: Programming and Problem Solving with C++ Third Edition by Nell Dale, Chip Weens and Mark Headington. Some of the items that I have had probl...

SAS Oracle Update with work library
I am trying to update a oracle table using an implied join. I have been able to refer to work.b table easily in an update using sub- query. When i try the join'ish statement i get an "unresolved reference to table/correlation name b" error. Any insight? Thanks, Paul **THIS CODE ERROS OUT**; proc sql; connect to odbc (dsn=PROT user=sap4live password=DB!4Pros); UPDATE PROT.P4LIVE_BKGLEG a SET REVENUEFLAG = 1 where (ORGNWRD=b.ORGNWRD and DSTNWRD=b.DSTNWRD and FLTWRD=b.FLTWRD and DPTDATE=b.DPTDATE) ; quit; **THIS CODE DOES FINE**; proc sql; connect to odbc (dsn=PROT user=sap4...

Work around for the array of references issue
Hello, I would like implement a nice way to work around the array of references issue in C++. What do usually people do ? Do you maintain a separate factory/pool of elements as part of the API ? So in my example (*) I would need to either : 1. allocate on the heap (and then fragment memory): void fill(A *array[]) { A *a = new A; B *b = new B; array[0] = a; array[1] = b; } or have a mechanism that store elements of the same type in individual arrays: A PoolA[100]; B PoolB[100]; void fill(A *array[]) { A *a = GetNextFromPoolA() B *b = GetNextFromPoolB(); array[0] = a; arra...

Re: SAS/DMS library default library allocations using SAS V8.2 on
Minion, I don't know if this will work in your environment, but in Windows you can simply click on the libname, press the delete key, and then verify that you want to delete the libname. After deleting it, it doesn't reappear the next time you start a session. Let us know if that works on OS/390 as well. Art --------- On Dec 30, 11:29 am, Minion <acfar...@gmail.com> wrote: > In an attempt to speed up my ability to use FS Browse on OS/390, I > used the LIB window to define 2 libraries to be assigned at startup. > Now I cannot get rid of them and I am a...

Need advice on finding freelance SAS work
Are there part-time, temporary SAS jobs out there, where I could bill by the hour, and work from home? Any advice on breaking into independent SAS consulting is welcome. I'm not interested in quitting my day job. I'd just like to know if there is a market for temporary SAS work, and if so, how do I get into it. The ideal situation would be where I work for about 10 hours weekly. I'll leave off a list of my qualifications because I don't want to be perceived as a spammer. Matt -- A better way of running series of SAS programs: http://overlook.homelinux.net/wilsonwiki/Sas...

Mainframe Interactive SAS expanded WORK library
Can one invoke interactive SAS on the mainframe with a larger WORK lib than ordinary? In batch mode I can code my EXEC statement: //SASTEP EXEC SASPROD,WORK='1000,100' (instead of just //SASTEP EXEC SASPROD) to do this. How can I do it when i invoke interactive SAS from TSO (by entering the command SASPROD) ? Thank You! Abe _________________________________________________________________ MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/ Abe, You can override the default size at invocati...

Splitter (BUG?) Resize work-around needed
I have a GUI which I really like but I ran into a problem that has stumpted me.&nbsp; I have a single vertical splitter on the left side of the screen is a bunch of controls like a side bar.&nbsp; I have the controls to resize with pane (LV 8.2) and it works great.&nbsp; The only problem is that when the user moves the splitter all the war to lhe left the left pane width becomes zero ane the control width becomes huge then the control nolonger resizes correctly.&nbsp; Can I limit the movement of the splitter to now allow the user to drag it past a minimum side?&nbsp; I trie...

Need recommendation of C library reference book .
Hi! I have a Waite Group Turbo C++ bilble(1990) ISBN 0-672-22742-8. I like it because it gives me examples of most of C library I may use. But that book is a little bit old. Does anyone know any newer C book similar to that one? A newer C book which is a good reference guide for C library? It seems Waite Group does not have new version of that C/C++ bilble. Thanks! PCHOME wrote: > Hi! > I have a Waite Group Turbo C++ bilble(1990) ISBN 0-672-22742-8. > I like it because it gives me examples of most of C library I may use. > But that book is a little bit old. Does anyone know...

Need work around for possible data leaks.
We currently use Access 2003 in our company and have had this issues from every version from Access 97 to 2003. We deal with large databases and run a lot of queries over tables with millions of records in them. The problem comes in that when we pull a dataset out of a large table we do not get the same result every time. Example is transaction count for store 1 shows 3000 one time, the next run it is 3015, the next is 2089. All of this is over a static database that only gets updated at night. In order to fix this we typically pull out the data and put it into a temporary table and run ...

Web resources about - Work around needed for eight character library reference - comp.soft-sys.sas

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Serial takes the stand: How a podcast became a character in its own narrative
The trial of the century is becoming more like a hearing very particular to these times.

Characters of 'Serial': Adnan Syed, Hae Min Lee, Sarah Koenig - Baltimore Sun
Try digitalPLUS for 10 days for only $0.99 Crime News Maryland Crime The faces of 'Serial': Adnan Syed, Hae Min Lee, Sarah Koenig Caption Adnan ...

The same actor has played the same character on 10 different TV shows and 4 different networks
Over the course of 23 years, actor Richard Belzer has played Detective John Munch on 10 different TV shows. You might know him best from "Law ...

Industry Icon Stephen Garrett Launching New Company Character Seven, Teaming With Lionsgate + Hulu On ...
Former Kudos founder and exec chairman Stephen Garrett is launching a new production company, Character Seven. The new company is already making ...

Tom Hardy Dons Top Hat On Set Of New TV Series, Talks Playing Villainous Movie Characters
Tom Hardy was seen rocking a top hat on the set of "Taboo" in Essex, England on Friday.

'Scream Queens' Star Nick Jonas Talks Playing Boone And Other Gay Characters
Nick Jonas has opened up about playing a gay character on "Scream Queens."

WWE Discussing Major Character Change For John Cena When He Returns From Injury
WWE Discussing Major Character Change For John Cena When He Returns From Injury

As media focus on Trump and Cruz fisticuffs, the voters get a character test
I’m starting to get the impression that Donald Trump and Ted Cruz don’t like each other very much.

The Unlikely Origins of Deadpool, The X-Men Character Who Conquered All Media
Deadpool wasn’t always a comics (and movie, and video game) superstar. The Merc with a Mouth started out much smaller, as a supporting character ...