XML data to SAS data set converstion

Hi,

  Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment?

  1.       If yes please send me details about that tool?

  2.      If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to SAS data set conversion.

  Thanks,
  TK

---------------------------------

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion
It depends on the XML document. What is the complexity and what O/S are you running on? I have built utilities for doing XML to SAS conversion. You would need to use a .NET language and consume the dll. The tool can be found at: http://utilities.savian.net Look for Data Management Utilities. You could also try my XML to delimited and see if that works for you. I haven't touched it in a few years so let me know if does not work. For other tools, buy XmlSpy and do a conversion to a format that SAS can read. Load your XML document and then have it convert it to a text or database. You would need the correct SAS/Access product to do the database import into SAS. If it is a 1 time thing, I can do the conversion. Contact me directly if interested. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tenny kurian Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:25 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: XML data to SAS data set converstion Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. ...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #4
Excel 2007 can definately read XML; one simple solution would be to read = your data into Excel 2007, then have SAS import the Excel spreadsheet. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: tenny kurian=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 6:24 AM Subject: XML data to SAS data set converstion Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS = environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to = SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know = how. ...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #2
A correction. The initial post asked: "Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment?" If there is no SAS at all in a particular shop, then there is no way to do this conversion. If access to SAS is available via IOM then there are ways. What "environment" means becomes the question. If a shop can simply convert into a compatible SAS XML format that is a possibility. The other is to convert it into a delimited file or get it into a database that a SAS shop can read. The SAS dataset layout is binary and unknown. You could put it into a SAS transport file as well since that layout is known. I do not know of any tool, though, that can take XML and convert it into a transport file. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: Alan Churchill [mailto:savian001@gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:38 AM To: 'tenny kurian'; 'SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU' Subject: RE: XML data to SAS data set converstion It depends on the XML document. What is the complexity and what O/S are you running on? I have built utilities for doing XML to SAS conversion. You would need to use a .NET language and consume the dll. The tool can be found at: http://utilities.savian.net Look for Data Management Utilities. You could also try my XML to delimited and see if that works for you. I haven't touched it in a few years so let me know if does not work. For other tools, buy XmlSpy and do a conv...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #3
Since a SAS dataset is not much good without SAS - unless your intent is to read it using something like StatTransfer, one would assume that the eventual target is for the data to be input into SAS. There are a couple of other possibilities. It would be possible to write a script in the language of your choice to pull the data from the XML file and also write data step code to read it. Another possibility would be to write an XMLMap file (another XML file) to describe how the transformation from the XML data file into one or more datasets is to be done. Since the XMLMap file is just another XML file it could be generated by an XML editor, a text editor, or the appropriate script. The SAS XML engine can use this XMLMAP file to read the original XML data file as if it were a SAS library. The XMLMAP file only needs to be created once to describe the transformation from a particular flavor of XML file (having a particular schema or DTD) to a particular set of SAS datasets. A single XML file can represent a collection of data that could be awkward to use in a single table, as in the case of a whole collection of tables from a relational database dumped into one XML file. While you could represent the XML file as a table with a column for the XPATH and a column for the content of that element or attribute, that would not necessarily be the best representation for working with the data. Instead, an XMLMAP file can direct the SAS XML engine to create a collection of tables. L...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. T...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com
Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

How to read full character data value on a sas data set variable
Hi, Am having one SAS DATA SET contains several variables,apart from that,one variable known as XYX contains character data.when i was trieng to move data into the text file ,one observation truncated into next line due to hidden value on XYZ. if i see only that obervation on a data set am seeing part of the value eg ('Compliance & Persistency HELP Program' ) if i see same variable value on log , am seeing like ('Compliance & Persistency HELP Program CARDIZEM LA') Would you please help me out how is this possible,i need full character data on one line instead of trun...

Data, data, data,
I have been tasked to dump around 400GB of data in physical files into a flat files and the transfer them from an iSeries 810 V5r3 to a windows server. I was going to CPYTOIMPF to a stram file and then copy over to the Windows server from the IFS. Anyone have a better idea or any suggestions? Thanks, Thad Rizzi Hi Thad If you have loads of free disk space on your 810 then your method is fine but if not you may consider Simply FTPing or iSeroes Access file transfering the files directly from the iSeries files to Windows Text file. You can get the either FTP or iSeries Access to carry out...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET
Hi All I have several SAS datasets that are very very big. (50GB of size). Every month, the data is being appended to these datasets. I need to deleted the data which is greater than 24 months. What is the best method to do this? Please help me. I tried PROC SQS and DATA STEP. But these two are taking very long time. Data prod.Master_data; set prod.master_date; if snap_dt = "&end_dt"d then delete; run; proc sql; crete table prod.master_date from prod.master_date where snap_dt ne "&end_dt"d; quit; Hi You could use a 'modify' statement (data step). This statement does the changes in place and needs therefore only have of the space, BUT: there is a risk of corrupting your data; look it up in the manual. I also think that some re-designing could solve some problems and improve performance. I assume you're loading kind of a data mart with a history of 24 months. What you could do (just an idea): - Create a SAS file per month (eg: prod.master_date&yyyymm) - Create a SAS view for the most recent 24 SAS files (prod.master). - Create an index over the date field. Advantages: - Loading of new data will be much faster (create new file with current month, re-create view, delete SAS file with data older 24 months). - As the SAS view has the same name like previously the SAS data file your users won't even get that something changed (assuming they only read the data). - Queries using the index will perform much faster. - SAS power...

Hiring SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio experience for a 9 months project in Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com
Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio experience for a 9 months project in Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET
One thing you might do is to add an index on the snap_dt to the dataset; = if that's there then you should be able to delete the records in place: proc sql; delete from prod.master_date; where snap_dt =3D "&end_dt"d; quit; run; In both the ways you are trying now you are creating new data sets = rather than deleting records from the current data set; it would seem to = me that a SQL delete statement would be faster than creating new = datasets even if there isn't an index on the date.=20 -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 12:14 PM Subject: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET Hi All I have several SAS datasets that are very very big. (50GB of size). = Every month, the data is being appended to these datasets. I need to deleted = the data which is greater than 24 months. What is the best method to do = this? Please help me. I tried PROC SQS and DATA STEP. But these two are taking very long = time. Data prod.Master_data; set prod.master_date; if snap_dt =3D "&end_dt"d then delete; run; proc sql; crete table prod.master_date from prod.master_date where snap_dt ne "&end_dt"d; quit; Hi You've got good ideas how to delete the old observations. My modify proposal was wrong. Sorry about that! I still think that changing the data model would be a good idea. Regards Patrick ...

Clearing SAS Data Data from Prior Run
Hi All: 1. I have a problem in making a simple fix and seeing it appear on the screen. I've tried many other ways of solving the problem - nothing changed. I then put in an intentional error --- no change. It sounds like SAS is keeping its original values. How to you clear SAS without closing it? 2. Is there any rule of thumb when to expect making correct changes to a good program and see no changes? My only rule is if one expects this, test for it by putting in an error. If nothing occurs restart SAS. Very painful for long runs. TIA, John Hi John, Don't worry, ...

sas data sets to excel
All, I need to put two different SAS data sets into one weeksheet in a excel file. I don't know how to put them together and define the title of the tab. thanks, stickerr ...

XML data to SAS dataset
HI All I am trying to read a XMl file into SAS dataset, but an error "XML data is not in a format supported natively by the XML libname engine.Files of this type usually require an XMLMap to be input properly: C:\test.xml" How can i read in the xml file now ? Thanks Aj ...

How to transform Non-NORMAL data to NORMAL data in SAS?
Hi, there Just worried about how to deal with the non-normal distributed sample data. Since we want to apply common Control Chart and Process Capability Analysis to the actual data, which are far away from the standard continuous normal distribution, I am asking your help how to transform the data into a normal-like form? What's these possible transformation methods I can try? Any good exemplification or example? Thanks a lot. Fred ...

Web resources about - XML data to SAS data set converstion - comp.soft-sys.sas

Perform Calculations, Converstions Right the Chromebook App Launcher
Chromebook's browser-based operating system may be focused on the web, but its built-in app launcher has a few tricks up its sleeve—like performing ...

Mass–energy equivalence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In physics , mass–energy equivalence is the concept that the mass of an object or system is a measure of its energy content. For instance, adding ...

Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO), Multivariate & A/B Split Testing - acidgreen
Converstion optimisation is all about taking your existing traffic and turning them into customers and in turn increasing your online revenue. ...

directory - 2earn-online
Teaching people how I became a dot com millionaire Home All Articles Books Want more visitors? Coaching About Contact free hit counter Latest ...

About Us - 2 guys takling Mets baseball - 2 Guys Talking Mets Baseball
... other, about 20 years ago, on a Mets Message Board during the early days of AOL and dial-up modems. This blog is the result of many, many converstions ...

'Cured' of Homosexuality, Student Sues California
Student says the new law protecting LGBT kids from abuse would prevent him from doing his job.

Jewish mp3 downloads.Torah audio free listening.Judaism mp3s
Judaism - one stop for everything Jewish on mp3, Torah audio, Jewish Holidays, Israel , Holocaust Studies, Jewish Spirituality, Weekly Torah ...

Raising Alpacas - Our Guide To These Marvelous Animals
Do you want to know all about raising alpacas? So did we. This website passes along all the knowledge we gained on our journey into this exciting ...

Vintage Recording Formats - audiotools.com.
Information on vintage music recording equipment and formats

Official: Kansas City teens convert VW Karmann Ghia into all-electric, zero-emission beauty
... pure learning lessons, since the group is looking to produce enough kit parts for one EV conversion a month. For more on the Karmann Ghia converstion, ...