Finding A sort of mean

Hi there to all SPSS users
Considering myself not an expert user of SPSS and not very fond of statisti=
cs in general, I need a little help.
I have a bunch of behavioral data concerning daily routing of horses. I've =
performed chi-square tests to find differences between the 2 major subgroup=
s on my sample etc etc but I would like to go a little further. So I would =
like to ask if there is a way to combine the data in a meaningful way in or=
der to find a behavioral mean of all days and depict in a diagram in SPSS? =
To be a little more specific I'm posting =CE=B1 graph btw. link to graph ( =
https://postimg.org/image/3kmmsr7ex/ ) It is a stacked bar chart of the beh=
avioral routine of one of the horses I was keeping data, showing 4 types of=
 behavior (Locomotor, Feeding, Resting and a group of other behaviors that =
are less important and in low frequency grouped altogether) during a period=
 of 11 hours, taken every five minutes. The graph depicts frequency counts =
and not percentages. What I'm asking is how I can find the mean of every be=
havior, every hour of the day (if there's a meaningful way for me to do thi=
s) via SPSS and depict it as graph in order to compare it against the other=
 horses' behavioral patterns.
My row data are in an SPSS spread sheet of 3180 rows and 12 primary columns=
 so it's a little to much to post. I can transfer them in an excel sheet an=
d post it if anyone wants to take a look. If you just want a to take a quic=
k glimpse at the form of the data here's a link http://postimg.org/image/45=
730hojr/
I hope I became clear enough. Don't hesitate to ask me for anything you don=
't understand.
Thank you in advance
0
Godless
11/2/2016 4:36:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.stat.spss 5679 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:36:02 -0700 (PDT), Godless Ravenlord
<i.ravenlord@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi there to all SPSS users
>Considering myself not an expert user of SPSS and not very fond of statistics in general, I need a little help.
>I have a bunch of behavioral data concerning daily routing of horses. I've performed chi-square tests to find differences between the 2 major subgroups on my sample etc etc but I would like to go a little further. So I would like to ask if there is a way to combine the data in a meaningful way in order to find a behavioral mean of all days and depict in a diagram in SPSS?

Look at all the data for both groups.  What makes sense of it?
Is it the total amount of Locomotion/Feeding/Resting/other ? (LFRo)
Is it the time of day of LFRo?  Is it how often one horse switches?
 - Ask the horse trainers.

>    To be a little more specific I'm posting ? graph btw. link to graph ( https://postimg.org/image/3kmmsr7ex/ ) It is a stacked bar chart of the behavioral routine of one of the horses I was keeping data, showing 4 types of behavior (Locomotor, Feeding, Resting and a group of other behaviors that are less important and in low frequency grouped altogether) during a period of 11 hours, taken every five minutes. The graph depicts frequency counts and not percentages. What I'm asking is how I can find the mean of every behavior, every hour of the day (if there's a meaningful way for me to do this) via SPSS and depict it as

You can use Aggregate to get the means by hour, or whatever.
But you would do better, I think, in spending some hours on
working on the conceptualization.

--
Rich Ulrich
0