How do I cite SPSS now?

I have a grant application due tommorow and it suddenly occured to me
that I really don't know how to cite the program anymore (AMA style -
in text, not the bibilo).

Is it PASW Statistics v. 17.0.3 (SPSS: An IBM Company).  Seems a bit
awkward but I don't really care.  I just want it to be correct.
Also....I would need a citation for the data entry author.

Marc
1
mcap
2/22/2010 9:00:32 PM
comp.soft-sys.stat.spss 5679 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Feb 22, 4:00=A0pm, mcap <mca...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a grant application due tommorow and it suddenly occured to me
> that I really don't know how to cite the program anymore (AMA style -
> in text, not the bibilo).
>
> Is it PASW Statistics v. 17.0.3 (SPSS: An IBM Company). =A0Seems a bit
> awkward but I don't really care. =A0I just want it to be correct.
> Also....I would need a citation for the data entry author.
>
> Marc

 Example:  The independent sample t-test was analyzed using PASW
Statistics 18, Release Version 18.0.0 (=D3 SPSS, Inc., 2009, Chicago,
IL, www.spss.com).
Source: http://www.unt.edu/aeco/thesis/thesis.samples.pdf

9
Maria

SPSS
Is anybody able to run SPSS for Windows under WINE? If one of the developers could please have a look into this. Download a trial version from spss.de and try to install and run it. Thanks! On Mar 15, 10:40 am, Oliver Cromwell <cromwell.nos...@arcor.de> wrote: > Is anybody able to run SPSS for Windows under WINE? If one of the developers > could please have a look into this. > > Download a trial version from spss.de and try to install and run it. See http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=1028 There are lots of problems, looks like it might be a while bef...

SPSS
Can anyone help me to find some help in the web (explantions) about Constrained regression using the Regression Model module in SPSS? Thanks. NATALIA ...

SPSS
--Apple-Mail-4-587532378 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed A piece of software that badly needs to be written is an easy-to-use statistics package. Apparently, in the social sciences the industry standard is this program called SPSS, which is a chore to use, quite expensive, and suffers from all sorts of vestiges that no modern program should. The essential functions are importing (and 'massaging') data, running regressions, and making pretty graphs. When I got thinking about this idea I realized it would be really coo...

SPSS
Heren, Ik heb op melpomene een een SPSS 15 evaluation versie plus een patch die hem "repareert" neergezet. Bij mij werkt het resultaat eindelijk zonder een hoop gezeik over licenties. Kijk op \\melpomene\c$\es-pee-es-es\ Tot morgen, Sil ...

Upgrade to SPSS 12 or SPSS 13
Hi, Are they people here that have upgraded from SPSS 10 or 11 to SPSS 12 or SPSS 13 ? I've read the differences between the versions on SPSS.com. However, I am a generic user and I would like to know if there are some real advantages to upgrade. Any experiences or advices would be greatly appreciated, Regards, Michael ...

Difference between SPSS 14 and SPSS 13
I created simple bars: summarise for separate variables panele by variable X. The variable X has 4 levels, and I defined values of these levels: 1- never married, 2 - widowed, 3 - married, 4 - divorced. In SPSS 13 I get chart with row levels as I defined (never married, widowed ...) but doing exactly the same in SPSS 14 I get numbers: 1,2,3,4. What should I do to get as in SPSS 13? I would appreciate any help Robert Sounds like you just need to change the options for your output. Go to Edit, Options, then the Output Labels tab. I select 'Names and Labels' for all of the ...

SPSS?
I have been using SPSS's database program, the data entry builder. The program is decent, better than access and has seamless integration with SPSS - a must for me. Does anyone know how well filemaker works with SPSS? I wanted to give it a try. I haven't used it but I would imagine it is a lot more powerful and flexible than the SPSS program. Marc In a far far away past I used a program called SPSS (Back in DOS 3.0). This was for number crunching, statistical reviews etc. Don't know what exactly it is you need, but if it is the same program (newer version) you are using I...

Stay with patched SPSS 16 or go with SPSS 17?
Hi to all. For next semester we are trying to decide whether to stay with 16.0.2 or go on to 17. Searching the SPSS site did not give me enough to decide. For those of you who have tried 17, would you recommend it over patched 16? What has been your experience? TIA. Cheers, Necia Necia A. Black, Ph.D. e-mail: black@buffalo.edu 246 Computing Center Web URL:http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~black SUNY-Buffalo Buffalo, New York 14260 Fo all intent and purposes version 17 is really a more patched version of 16, 16.02 still has issues that won't be resolved. ...

can SPSS 13 read files created by SPSS 14?
just got a call from a colleague saying a faculty member who is currently using SPSS 13 needs to read SAVE files (and others?) created by SPSS 14. I haven't had 13 in years (actually have 15 on my system). The colleague is having a copy of SPSS 15 sent, but are files created with 14 readable by 13? I have suggested that if necessary, portable files could be used for the data, but I do not know if other files are being used as well (colleague is not familiar with SPSS). Thanks for any help, -- Joe Kelley jkelley@uga.edu Hi Joe, AFAIK SPSS has/will maintain compatibility...

PROC CONVERT spss. Too long variable names from SPSS to SAS
Hallo I need to import a spss data file into SAS. I works just fine except from the the spss variable names being longer than eight characters and are thus renamed to a length of eight in SAS. Does anybody know how I can circumvent this problem? I need variable names of at least length 25 characters. By the way I'm using SAS 9.1! This is my code: filename myfile 'C:\bank\test.por'; proc convert spss=myfile out=work.vv; run; Thanks Anders Norway Why use proc convert? The following will read in a SAS file (okay, so I did it for a SAS .xpt file, but I think it will work on all...

SPSS XML, spss-ml.DTD, PMML, document type declarations
Hi all I am storing information from SPSS data files in a XML database. My data structure is similar to what is in the version10 spss-ml.dtd (variable and model elements) so I thought I may as well conform to what SPSS is using. Is the version 10 spss-ml.dtd still a valid document model? Is SPSS using PMML? (PMML link: http://www.dmg.org) Also, I hear that SPSS will be introducing XML support in the next version. Will it use XML files using this document type? Will it save output as PMML / XML? Any info appreciated, thanks in advance. I, "Tia" <not@any.addr...

Re: PROC CONVERT spss. Too long variable names from SPSS to SAS
Why use proc convert? The following will read in a SAS file (okay, so I did it for a SAS .xpt file, but I think it will work on all SAS files? ) libname xxx spss 'C:\Projects\rawdata\spssfile1.por'; *FULL filename; libname anal 'C:\Projects\analysis_datasets'; *folder location where data will be stored; Data anal.sasfile1; *saves file (named sasfile1) in SAS format in location defined above; set xxx.data; *sets file from SPSS into that file; HTH! Venita > ---------- > From: Anders J[SMTP:anderj@STUD.NTN...

how can i open a spo.file of for example spss 14 in spss 12
I have the version 12 of spss. a friend of mine sent to me a spo. file of a higher version (which one, i have no idea). now i wanted to have a look at it, but i can not open it. my question is, is there any posibility to open that file? On Jan 10, 2:06 pm, ulrikealb...@gmail.com wrote: > I have the version 12 of spss. a friend of mine sent to me a spo. file > of a higher version (which one, i have no idea). now i wanted to have a > look at it, but i can not open it. my question is, is there any > posibility to open that file? have your friend export it to excel ...

how can i open a spo.file of for example spss 14 in spss 12 #2
I have the version 12 of spss. a friend of mine sent to me a spo. file of a higher version (which one, i have no idea). now i wanted to have a look at it, but i can not open it. my question is, is there any posibility to open that file? As far as I know: none - I've asked the supportline: there's no conversion tool. Peter ulrikealbers@gmail.com schrieb: > I have the version 12 of spss. a friend of mine sent to me a spo. file > of a higher version (which one, i have no idea). now i wanted to have a > look at it, but i can not open it. my question is, is there an...

Web resources about - How do I cite SPSS now? - comp.soft-sys.stat.spss

CITES - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the international treaty. For the research concept acknowledging the use of another's ideas, see Citation . For other uses, see CITE ...

CITES - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the international treaty. For the research concept acknowledging the use of another's ideas, see Citation . For other uses, see CITE ...

CITES - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the international treaty. For the research concept acknowledging the use of another's ideas, see Citation . For other uses, see CITE ...

CITE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zynga Scales Back Outlook, Cites ‘Challenging Environment’ On Facebook Platform
The stock of popular Facebook application developer Zynga has dropped despite growing revenue, which the company reported Wednesday in its second-quarter ...

Cité de la musique live on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cité de la musique live on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Hannity Cites Allegedly Faked Egypt President Interview With Iranian News - YouTube
Hannity Cites Allegedly Faked Egypt President Interview With Iranian News

Pentagon cites ISIL threat for withholding prisoner abuse photos
More than 2,000 photos of abuse, including torture and rape, date back to early years of Afghanistan and Iraq invasions.

Lucas Neill cites 'family reasons' for heading home from Japan club
Australian captain and J-League defender Lucas Neill flew home on Tuesday from Japan due to ‘‘family reasons,’’ his club Omiya Ardija said.

Brumbies trounce Reds to set up Waratahs blockbuster and cite Gill for WWE flip
The Brumbies belted the Reds 29-0 to set up a blockbuster clash against the NSW Waratahs next weekend. The ACT Brumbies will cite Queensland ...