SPSS 11.5.2.1 Hangs with "xsave", Warning #552, Unrecoverable error at 0x64f0075f, writing to 0x00000004 :-(

I use a procedure to create a similarity matrix from raw data, in order
to use that proximity matrix in a MDS and in a cluster analysis (in
order to do a "concept mapping").

The procedure works well on SPSS 10 and SPSS 12. However, SPSS 11.5.2.1
(my version of SPSS) hangs when doing the first xsave (8th line) [see
title of the message for exact error).

vector it = pomme to cyan.
vector hit (12, F4).
loop #j = 1 to 12.
+ compute item = #j.
+ loop #k = 1 to 12.
+ compute hit(#k) = (it(#j) = it(#k)).
+ end loop.
+ xsave outfile = hits.sav
    /keep = id item hit1 to hit12 .
end loop.
execute.

get file = hits.sav .

aggregate outfile = *
	/break = item
	/pomme citron cannelle sel poivre jambon saucisso salami bleu azur
magenta cyan = sum(hit1 to hit12).

string ROWTYPE_ (A8) .
COMPUTE ROWTYPE_ = 'PROX' .
save outfile = qsmat.sav /keep = ROWTYPE_ pomme to cyan .

FLIP
  VARIABLES= pomme to cyan .
rename variables (case_lbl = VARNAME_) .
match files /file = * /file = qsmat.sav / drop = var001 to var012 .

execute.

save outfile = qsmat_1.sav
    /keep = ROWTYPE_ VARNAME_ pomme to cyan .

get file = qsmat_1.sav .

SPSS support was of no help :

"Although we offer operational (how to) support for previous releases of
SPSS. We only offer full support for SPSS 13. This issue you have
brought does not occur in SPSS 12 or 13, we cannot pursue 11.5 issues
further.

However I will suggest that you could free up as much space on the
clients hard drive and SPSS Temp directory. The 0xf... error is an
indicator of low system resources."

....I have 14gb left on my HD... ?!

This issue has been described elsewhere:
http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0306&L=spssx-l&F=&S=&P=35481

Is there any "PROGRAMMATION" solution (using another command than xsave)
? i.e. without reinstalling SPSS ?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,

michael
0
Michael
10/29/2004 9:58:07 PM
comp.soft-sys.stat.spss 5679 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Michael,

I had a similar problem using XSAVE in 11.5.x a while ago. It was
suggested that I put a CACHE command in the syntax just before the XSAVE
loop. That fixed the problem for me, so perhaps it will help here too.

Cheers,
Kylie.

Michael Cantinotti wrote:
> I use a procedure to create a similarity matrix from raw data, in order
> to use that proximity matrix in a MDS and in a cluster analysis (in
> order to do a "concept mapping").
>
> The procedure works well on SPSS 10 and SPSS 12. However, SPSS 11.5.2.1
> (my version of SPSS) hangs when doing the first xsave (8th line) [see
> title of the message for exact error).
>
> vector it = pomme to cyan.
> vector hit (12, F4).
> loop #j = 1 to 12.
> + compute item = #j.
> + loop #k = 1 to 12.
> + compute hit(#k) = (it(#j) = it(#k)).
> + end loop.
> + xsave outfile = hits.sav
>    /keep = id item hit1 to hit12 .
> end loop.
> execute.
>
> get file = hits.sav .
>
> aggregate outfile = *
>     /break = item
>     /pomme citron cannelle sel poivre jambon saucisso salami bleu azur
> magenta cyan = sum(hit1 to hit12).
>
> string ROWTYPE_ (A8) .
> COMPUTE ROWTYPE_ = 'PROX' .
> save outfile = qsmat.sav /keep = ROWTYPE_ pomme to cyan .
>
> FLIP
>  VARIABLES= pomme to cyan .
> rename variables (case_lbl = VARNAME_) .
> match files /file = * /file = qsmat.sav / drop = var001 to var012 .
>
> execute.
>
> save outfile = qsmat_1.sav
>    /keep = ROWTYPE_ VARNAME_ pomme to cyan .
>
> get file = qsmat_1.sav .
>

> SPSS support was of no help :
>
> "Although we offer operational (how to) support for previous releases of
> SPSS. We only offer full support for SPSS 13. This issue you have
> brought does not occur in SPSS 12 or 13, we cannot pursue 11.5 issues
> further.
>
> However I will suggest that you could free up as much space on the
> clients hard drive and SPSS Temp directory. The 0xf... error is an
> indicator of low system resources."
>
> ...I have 14gb left on my HD... ?!
>
> This issue has been described elsewhere:
> http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0306&L=spssx-l&F=&S=&P=35481
>
> Is there any "PROGRAMMATION" solution (using another command than xsave)
> ? i.e. without reinstalling SPSS ?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,
>
> michael
0
Kylie
10/30/2004 3:57:59 AM
Hi Kylie,

thanks for your reply. I tried to insert the command "CACHE." after the
third line (1) (see below) or after the seventh line (2) (see below).

However, I keep getting the same bloody errror.

Do you think I tried the correct way ? i.e. is it like you intended ?

Regards,

Michael

Kylie Lange wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I had a similar problem using XSAVE in 11.5.x a while ago. It was
> suggested that I put a CACHE command in the syntax just before the XSAVE
> loop. That fixed the problem for me, so perhaps it will help here too.
>
> Cheers,
> Kylie.
>

> Michael Cantinotti wrote:
>
>> I use a procedure to create a similarity matrix from raw data, in
>> order to use that proximity matrix in a MDS and in a cluster analysis
>> (in order to do a "concept mapping").
>>
>> The procedure works well on SPSS 10 and SPSS 12. However, SPSS
>> 11.5.2.1 (my version of SPSS) hangs when doing the first xsave (8th
>> line) [see title of the message for exact error).
>>
>> vector it = pomme to cyan.
>> vector hit (12, F4).
>> loop #j = 1 to 12.
HERE (1)
>> + compute item = #j.
>> + loop #k = 1 to 12.
>> + compute hit(#k) = (it(#j) = it(#k)).
>> + end loop.
HERE (2)
>> + xsave outfile = hits.sav
>>    /keep = id item hit1 to hit12 .
>> end loop.
>> execute.
>>
>> get file = hits.sav .
>>
>> aggregate outfile = *
>>     /break = item
>>     /pomme citron cannelle sel poivre jambon saucisso salami bleu azur
>> magenta cyan = sum(hit1 to hit12).
>>
>> string ROWTYPE_ (A8) .
>> COMPUTE ROWTYPE_ = 'PROX' .
>> save outfile = qsmat.sav /keep = ROWTYPE_ pomme to cyan .
>>
>> FLIP
>>  VARIABLES= pomme to cyan .
>> rename variables (case_lbl = VARNAME_) .
>> match files /file = * /file = qsmat.sav / drop = var001 to var012 .
>>
>> execute.
>>
>> save outfile = qsmat_1.sav       /keep = ROWTYPE_ VARNAME_ pomme to
>> cyan .
>>
>> get file = qsmat_1.sav .
>>

>> SPSS support was of no help :
>>
>> "Although we offer operational (how to) support for previous releases
>> of SPSS. We only offer full support for SPSS 13. This issue you have
>> brought does not occur in SPSS 12 or 13, we cannot pursue 11.5 issues
>> further.
>>
>> However I will suggest that you could free up as much space on the
>> clients hard drive and SPSS Temp directory. The 0xf... error is an
>> indicator of low system resources."
>>
>> ...I have 14gb left on my HD... ?!
>>
>> This issue has been described elsewhere:
>> http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0306&L=spssx-l&F=&S=&P=35481
>>
>> Is there any "PROGRAMMATION" solution (using another command than
>> xsave) ? i.e. without reinstalling SPSS ?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,
>>
>> michael
0
Michael
11/1/2004 4:29:24 PM
Hi Michael,

I was going on memory, so I've dug out the code that was I using
(below). Without the SAVE OUTFILE and CAHCE commands the XSAVE LOOP hung
indefinitely and SPSS needed to be killed through the task manager (this
was using SPSS 11.5.2.1 on Windows NT).

Another thing you could try - on AnswerNet the following fix was posted
(again, referring to SPSS hanging rather than raising the error message
you're getting but it may help).

=====================================

AnswerNet No. 32938:
I have updated to the SPSS 11.5.2.x for Windows via the patch on the
SPSS web site. When I run a command syntax job that contains an XSAVE
command in it, SPSS seems to hang on processing that command and the job
never completes. I was able to run this job successfully in previous
versions of SPSS for Windows. Is there a fix for this problem?

Resolution Description:
A fix is available on the SPSS FTP site for download:
ftp://ftp.spss.com/pub/spss/windows
If prompted for a user name and password, use anonymous for the user
name and a valid e-mail address for the password. Please download
spsswfil.dll into your SPSS directory and overwrite the existing file.

=====================================

DATA LIST LIST /sla(F8.2) p1(F8.1) p2(F8.1) p3(F8.1) p4(F8.1)
nb(F8.0).
BEGIN DATA
10012 0 1 0 0 1
10025 .5 0 .5 0 3
10045 .4 .3 0 .3 4
10055 0 0 0 1 1
END DATA.

SAVE OUTFILE='c:\temp\temp1.sav'.
CACHE.

LOOP cnt=1 TO nb.
XSAVE OUTFILE='c:\temp\temp2.sav' /KEEP sla TO p4.
END LOOP.
EXE.
GET FILE='c:\temp\temp2.sav'.

=====================================

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kylie.

Michael Cantinotti wrote:

> [...]
>>> cyan .
>>>
>>> get file = qsmat_1.sav .
>>>

>>> SPSS support was of no help :
>>>
>>> "Although we offer operational (how to) support for previous releases
>>> of SPSS. We only offer full support for SPSS 13. This issue you have
>>> brought does not occur in SPSS 12 or 13, we cannot pursue 11.5 issues
>>> further.
>>>
>>> However I will suggest that you could free up as much space on the
>>> clients hard drive and SPSS Temp directory. The 0xf... error is an
>>> indicator of low system resources."
>>>
>>> ...I have 14gb left on my HD... ?!
>>>
>>> This issue has been described elsewhere:
>>> http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0306&L=spssx-l&F=&S=&P=35481
>>>

>>> Is there any "PROGRAMMATION" solution (using another command than
>>> xsave) ? i.e. without reinstalling SPSS ?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,

0
Kylie
11/2/2004 12:01:37 AM
Dear Kylie,

I really appreciate your help. After I copied "spsswfil.dll" in my SPSS
11.5.2.1 directory, XSAVE works now !

I feel a little bit disappointed with SPSS support. They have the
solution for the problem and don't give it to their customers. What kind
of customer support is this ??? SAS technicians are more serious...

Fortunately, there is this forum and people, like you, who are sharing
their knowledge.

Thanks again !

Regards,

Michael

Kylie Lange wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I was going on memory, so I've dug out the code that was I using
> (below). Without the SAVE OUTFILE and CAHCE commands the XSAVE LOOP hung
> indefinitely and SPSS needed to be killed through the task manager (this
> was using SPSS 11.5.2.1 on Windows NT).
>
> Another thing you could try - on AnswerNet the following fix was posted
> (again, referring to SPSS hanging rather than raising the error message
> you're getting but it may help).
>
> =====================================
>
> AnswerNet No. 32938:
> I have updated to the SPSS 11.5.2.x for Windows via the patch on the
> SPSS web site. When I run a command syntax job that contains an XSAVE
> command in it, SPSS seems to hang on processing that command and the job
> never completes. I was able to run this job successfully in previous
> versions of SPSS for Windows. Is there a fix for this problem?
>
> Resolution Description:
> A fix is available on the SPSS FTP site for download:
> ftp://ftp.spss.com/pub/spss/windows
> If prompted for a user name and password, use anonymous for the user
> name and a valid e-mail address for the password. Please download
> spsswfil.dll into your SPSS directory and overwrite the existing file.
>
> =====================================
>
> DATA LIST LIST /sla(F8.2) p1(F8.1) p2(F8.1) p3(F8.1) p4(F8.1)
> nb(F8.0).
> BEGIN DATA
> 10012 0 1 0 0 1
> 10025 .5 0 .5 0 3
> 10045 .4 .3 0 .3 4
> 10055 0 0 0 1 1
> END DATA.
>
> SAVE OUTFILE='c:\temp\temp1.sav'.
> CACHE.
>
> LOOP cnt=1 TO nb.
> XSAVE OUTFILE='c:\temp\temp2.sav' /KEEP sla TO p4.
> END LOOP.
> EXE.
> GET FILE='c:\temp\temp2.sav'.
>
> =====================================
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Kylie.
>

> Michael Cantinotti wrote:
>
>> Hi Kylie,
>>
>> thanks for your reply. I tried to insert the command "CACHE." after
>> the third line (1) (see below) or after the seventh line (2) (see below).
>>
>> However, I keep getting the same bloody errror.
>>
>> Do you think I tried the correct way ? i.e. is it like you intended ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Kylie Lange wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> I had a similar problem using XSAVE in 11.5.x a while ago. It was
>>> suggested that I put a CACHE command in the syntax just before the
>>> XSAVE loop. That fixed the problem for me, so perhaps it will help
>>> here too.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kylie.

>> HERE (1)

>> HERE (2)

0
Michael

Problem with upgrade from 11.5.1 to 12.5.2
I am upgrading an 11.5.1 server to 12.5.2. I ran the sqlupgrade utility in non-upgrade mode and fixed up with issues it threw up. There is one remaining issue which I cannot fix. The sqlupgrade utility say that I must set the "esp execution stacksize" server parameter value to a min of 50000. However when I attempt to change this on my 11.5.1 server I get the following error message. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1> sp_configure "esp execution stacksize", 50000 2> go Msg 5846, Level 16, State 1: Server 'BACKUP', Procedure 'sp_configure', Line 433: Illegal value '50000' specified for configuration option 'esp execution stacksize'. The legal values are between '-1' and '-1'. (return status = 1) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What can I do here? Should I proceed and try and perform the actual upgrade and will the upgrade process deal with this? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Tom. Tom Brehony wrote: > > I am upgrading an 11.5.1 server to 12.5.2. > > I ran the sqlupgrade utility in non-upgrade mode and fixed up with issues it > threw up. > > There is one remaining issue which I cannot fix. > > The sqlupgrade utility say that I must set the "esp execution stacksize" > server parameter value to a min of ...

a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] v/s a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) identical in all ways?
Do these result in identical objects? a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) On Aug 25, 1:30=A0pm, okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a =3D [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a =3D new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) Yes, but:- a =3D [ 2 ]; a =3D new Array( 2 ); - do not. Richard. okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a = new Array ( "1", "2"...

4-1/2" x 1/8" x 5/8" -11 A24r (115-DW4522) Category: Angle Grinder Parts
Price:$33.10 Image: http://megadealfinder.info/image.php?id=B00295XOYS Best deal: http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B00295XOYS Item #: 115-DW4522. 3 full sheets of fiberglass for durability and safetyUse of 100% virgin grain for enhanced removal and long lifeProprietary material mix to ensure premium performancePremium resin bonds 100% inspected before use Abrasive Diameter = 4 1/2 inArbor Arbor Thread - TPI or Pitch = 5/8 in - 11Bristle Thickness = 1/8 inGrit = A24RWire Applications = Metal Cutting/Light GrindingMaterial Quantity = 10Speed = 13300 rpm [Max] Customers also search ...

Photo Printing Software (1)"8x10"=(2)5"x7"=(3)4"x6"...
I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up the photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward for the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes. Thanks for your time and attention in this matter. Tom Haughton On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:48:05 -0800, in comp.periphs.printers "Tom Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote: >I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for >printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo >paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up the >photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward for >the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or >crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes. Qimage - http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage "Tom Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote in message news:111bsftoumtmp27@corp.supernews.com... >I am looking for recommendations on the best photo printing software for > printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo > paper. I use Photo Paper S...

convert String "1;2;3;4;5;" to Array [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
I'm trying to convert a String of numbers that are separated by semicolons to an Array---totally for fun, to stretch my ruby understanding, fyi. I use the Array in a while loop which does work when the Array looks like = [1,2,3,4,5,...]---so that part is working. But I want to use ruby to convert a String = "1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10" into an Array [1,2,3,4,5,...] so that I can use these values. I've tried many a method, but can't seem to get the desired result; I've tried gsub(/\;/, ","), eval (), and others. ########## raw_data = "1;2;3...

(mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4"))
(mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returns ((quote "4") (quote "4") (quote "4") (quote "4")) Interesting and (for me) unexpected. Because (mapcar 'read '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returns (1 2 3 4) and (mapcar 'princ '("1" "2" "3" "4")) gives 1234("1" "2" "3" "4") Why isn't (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returning ((quote "1") (quote "2") (quote "3") (quote "4")) Tom Haws www.hawsedc.com Probably has to do with the fact that 'arg and (quote arg) are equivalent, and LISP gets confused by the construct 'quote, which is about the same as (quote (quote arg)). But I don't pretend to know all of the mechanics of the error; the results are somewhat different in R14, BTW: Command: (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) ((<Subr: #22e3e40> "4") (<Subr: #22e3e40> "4") (<Subr: #22e3e40> "4") (<Subr: #22e3e40> "4")) ___ "Tom Haws" <hawstom@despammed.com> wrote in message news:77317472.0309160733.45ea9d8c@posting.google.com... > (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3"...

Using DVD format "UDF" or "UDF/ISO" in Nero? UDF version 1.02, 1.5 or 2.0?
I need to backup a huge file (> 2GB) on a DVD+RW. Thus I have to use the UDF format because ISO is only defined for files smaller than 2 GB. However Nero offers two formats UDF and UDF/ISO. What is the difference? Which one is more safe? Which is more compatible with other DVD-Readers/Burners hardware? Which is more used? Furthermore if I want to use pure UDF I have the choice between different versions: 1.02, 1.5 and 2.0 I guess in the meanwhile nearly all DVD burners (and readers) understand version 2.0. Am I right? Is version 2.0 necessary or are only some gimmicks...

reading in dates in the form "11-Mar" "5-Jun" #2
hi, i have dates in this format. is there a way to read them straight into sas, like datex or any other format i can use besides stripping off the - and then binding a year to the end? all i want sas to read and understand is the date and month and be able to make calculations from it. thanks _________________________________________________________________ Pack up or back up´┐Żuse SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn how. hthttp://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008 ...

hp 11.11 64 bit python 2.5 build gets error "import site failed"
I am on a hp 11.11 machine doing a 64 bit python 2.5 build. When I get my python executable created and run it, I get the error: "import site failed" OverflowError: signed integer is greater than the maximum. This is happening in the convertsimple() routine when it tries to return a signed int: ival = PyInt_AsLong(arg) the ival is larger than what is defined in INT_MAX. Why is this happening in a standard HP 64 bit build? Any help on fixing this problem is greatly appreciated. Brad > "import site failed" > OverflowError: signed integer is greater than the max...

"Error in SPSS?"
Hello, A member of the academic staff at my university has received the following text via email from a colleague at another university, and wants to know if this is something she needs to "worry about". Hoax or fact, any comment will be appreciated. Greetings from Trondheim, Norway, Kyrre Svarva ***ORIGINAL MESSAGE*** "We have discovered a serious problem with SPSS that can give misleading results. Essentially when using 'linear regression' - and possibly other models - if you have an independent variable that has very large numbers and is highly correlated with another independent variable, it can give wrong answers without a warning. This is especially important in polynomial regression. The solution is to 'centre' data but unless you are a sophisticated user this will not be obvious. Can a note be issued to warn all users (staff and students) of this. You might also want to inform SPSS since it effectively amounts to a bug. I can provide an example if needed. Incidentally other software packages I have used - for example MLwiN behave correctly in this circumstance. Please pass this message to whoever is responsible." On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:28:39 +0100, "Kyrre Svarva" <kyrre.svarva@svt.ntnu.no> wrote: > Hello, > > A member of the academic staff at my university has received the > following text via email from a colleague at another university, and > wants to kno...

what's this error about? "write() failed to write anything - will sleep(1) and retry..." write() failed to write anything
I wrote a tcl/tk code, include expect in it. each time I exit from the code, it will claim below error: write() failed to write anything - will sleep(1) and retry... write() failed to write anything - will sleep(1) and retry... write() failed to write anything - will sleep(1) and retry... then it will finish the exit and return to system prompt. I checked my expect stdout, expect runs pretty well, no timeout. I just don't know what's this error about, sometimes it will print out many this line and spend me half a minute to exit from the program. Anybody can help me ? Mary Christma...

Build error after upgrading from 8.2.1 to 8.5 &quot;Error 1055 occurred at Invoke Node...&quot;
After upgrading to 8.5, I'm getting the following error when trying to build an EXE: &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 1055 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_Library.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_Engine_Build.vi-&gt;AB_Build_Invoke.vi-&gt;AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp;...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue...

Samsung ML-2150 (2152W) (1) suddenly prints all pages "almost" blank and (2) error message "HSync Engine Error" , not in user manual
My Samsung printer has been working flawlessly, 100% jam-free, until this evening. (Could it be that we are working on our tax return?) Suddenly, every page comes out almost blank. Test pages, such as the printer's "Demo" page or font list, come out with characters printed out very light, and printed with a "semi-outline" appearance because most of the letter's shape is not actually printed. If I run say 4-5 pages at a time through the printer, it stops in mid-page with this error message "HSync Engine Error" which is not in the user manual. ...

Any way to install a later "build" of 10.5.2 over 10.5.2 "GM"?
Hi all... My 10.5.2 load set is based on the 10.5.2 GM -- 9C31. We got a new MacBook Pro that has 10.5.2 9C2028 -- a later build of 10.5.2 (containing the CD/DVD Sharing among other stuff...) When "later" builds of the same version of 10.4.x came out, we were able to use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy over the GM version load set of 10.4.x (any version), then boot from the "later build but same version number" DVD and do an "upgrade" install over the GM version of 10.4.x 10.5 is not letting me do this. The installer is reporting that the hard...

Re: reading in dates in the form "11-Mar" "5-Jun" #2
Edward, This task can be handled using my Notebook program, which you can try for free. There's a tutorial on how to deal with any kinds of custom dates at: http://sas2themax.com/blogs/owner/archive/2008/03/06/How-to-work-with-custom-dates.aspx No programming required. Audi ----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Andrews" <edward_allen_andrews@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:35 AM Subject: reading in dates in the form "11-Mar" "5-Jun" > hi, i have dates in this format. is there a way to rea...

How to alias "n1" to "n 1" and "n2" to "n 2" and so on (with style)
I have the following bash function: function ..() { counter=0 case "$1" in [0-9][0-9] ) while [ $counter -lt $1 ] do cd .. counter=$(($counter+1)) done ;; * ) echo "staying where I am, give me a number (<99) next time :)" ;; esac } The allows me to move up, say 4 levels, using ".. 4" Now, typing the space annoys me so I define the following aliases: alias ..='.. 1' alias ..2='.. 2' alias ..3='.. 3' alias ..4='.. 4' alias ..5='.. 5' Not very elegant I con...

"use constant X=>(1,2);" or "use constant X=>[1,2];"?
What's better? use constant X=>(1,2); or use constant X=>[1,2]; On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 09:44:59 -0800 (PST), Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru> wrote: >What's better? > > use constant X=>(1,2); > >or > > use constant X=>[1,2]; What's better? my @x = (1,2); or my $x = [1,2]; Michele -- {$_=pack'B8'x25,unpack'A8'x32,$a^=sub{pop^pop}->(map substr (($a||=join'',map--$|x$_,(unpack'w',unpack'u','G^<R<Y]*YB=' ..'KYU;*EVH[.FHF2W+#"\Z*5TI/ER<Z`S(G.DZZ9OX0Z')=~/./g)x...

[2.5.1] wxRegEx
Hi ! I'm trying wxRegEx with these lines : wxRegEx reResource; reResource.Compile(_T("^(?:\\\\){2}(?:\\d{1,3}\\.){3}\\d{1,3}\\\\.+\\\\?$")) ; But when I launch the application, I get this error : 18:42:35: Invalid regular expression '^(?:\\){2}(?:\d{1,3}\.){3}\d{1,3}\\.+\\?$': quantifier operand invalid I'm new to regular expressions but this one works quite fine with The Regulator, a regex creation and test application. Even with the "Syntax of the builtin regular expression library" wx documentation paragraph under the eyes, I found ...

Kerio [2.1.5] Error "Rule Set Full"
Adding a custom rule, (never seen this before) > "rule set full". Trimmed off some fluff rules to accommodate the items being added - would like to know if this is "normal" behaviour for Kerio... >TIA -- siljaline On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:31:40 -0400, "siljaline" <siljaline@invalid.com> wrote: >Adding a custom rule, (never seen this before) > >"rule set full". >Trimmed off some fluff rules to accommodate the items >being added - would like to know if this is "normal" >behaviour for Kerio... > >>...

ruby 1.8.0: Error on "%02d" % "08" or "%02d" % "09"
Hi, I'm using ruby 1.8.0 (Win native and cygwin version). These two commands "%02d" % "08" "%02d" % "09" result in the error `%': invalid value for Integer: "08" (ArgumentError) For other numbers/strings (including "8" and "9", but also "01".."07", it appears to work as expected -- i.e., as I would expect it. The problem, I want to solve: Turn strings like "1", "3", "04", "03" into a canonical 2-digit string with zeros in front. Should I use a di...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

"$1", "$2", etc. in SQL?
The SQL generated by the PostgreSQL utility pg_dump includes statements like ALTER TABLE ONLY foo ADD CONSTRAINT "$2" FOREIGN KEY (bar) REFERENCES baz(quux) ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION; Is that "$2" standard SQL, or a PostgreSQL extension? What does it mean? What would happen if in the expression above I changed "$2" to "$9"? Or to "$10"? Or to "$0"? Are all these semantically equivalent? Thanks! kj -- NOTE: In my address everything before the first period is backwards; and the l...

Web resources about - SPSS 11.5.2.1 Hangs with "xsave", Warning #552, Unrecoverable error at 0x64f0075f, writing to 0x00000004 :-( - comp.soft-sys.stat.spss