the same subjects, different conditions, repeated measurement

our experimental design has one group consist of 12 subjects. The same
subjects were tested under 3 different, and each subject is measured
at each of 3 time points on DV. How should our data set entire in
SPSS? How can we analyises our data? thanks a lot.
0
selamoglu
10/29/2009 10:34:09 PM
comp.soft-sys.stat.spss 5679 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Oct 29, 6:34=A0pm, selamoglu <fkaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> our experimental design has one group consist of 12 subjects. The same
> subjects were tested under 3 different, and each subject is measured
> at each of 3 time points on DV. How should our data set entire in
> SPSS? How can we analyises our data? thanks a lot.

It depends on which procedure you are going to use to perform the
analysis.  If you use GLM Repeated Measures, you need one row per
subject, with the repeated measures appearing in multiple columns.  On
the other hand, if you use MIXED, you need one row per observation of
the dependent variable, which means multiple rows per subject, with
variables to indicate which time-point or condition applies for that
measurement.

You might try Googling on <SPSS repeated measures ANOVA>.  There are
plenty of tutorials online.

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca