Trying to run a ind t-test, says 'at least on of the groups is empty. HELP!?

Im trying to write a practical report for uni. In doing so I am
required to test the difference between males and females in scores of
3 different tests. One of the tests works, but the other 2 dont,
saying that the group is missing. Needs to be finished today as I dont
have SPSS at home. Please help me, this is the first time Ive used
SPSS.

Thanks guys :)
comp.soft-sys.stat.spss 5679 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Nov 3, 11:22=A0am, Krystal89 <krystal.lan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im trying to write a practical report for uni. In doing so I am
> required to test the difference between males and females in scores of
> 3 different tests. One of the tests works, but the other 2 dont,
> saying that the group is missing. Needs to be finished today as I dont
> have SPSS at home. Please help me, this is the first time Ive used
> SPSS.
>
> Thanks guys :)

Hopefully this will help, This is the error message its giving me.

Notes
Output Created	03-Nov-2009 12:07:52
Comments
Input	Data	\\uofausers0\users0\a1160560\Desktop\FHLD friendship
prac.sav
	Active Dataset	DataSet1
	Filter	<none>
	Weight	<none>
	Split File	<none>
	N of Rows in Working Data File	614
Missing Value Handling	Definition of Missing	User defined missing
values are treated as missing.
	Cases Used	Statistics for each analysis are based on the cases with
no missing or out-of-range data for any variable in the analysis.
Syntax	T-TEST GROUPS=3Drelagg(0 1)
  /MISSING=3DANALYSIS
  /VARIABLES=3Dsex
  /CRITERIA=3DCI(.95).

Resources	Processor Time	0:00:00.000
	Elapsed Time	0:00:00.000

Warnings
The Independent Samples table is not produced.

Group Statistics
	relagg	N	Mean	Std. Deviation	Std. Error Mean
sex	.00	0a	.	.	.
	1.00	0a	.	.	.
a. t cannot be computed because at least one of the groups is empty.

0
Krystal89
11/3/2009 1:49:51 AM
Krystal89 wrote:
> On Nov 3, 11:22 am, Krystal89 <krystal.lan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Im trying to write a practical report for uni. In doing so I am
>> required to test the difference between males and females in scores of
>> 3 different tests. One of the tests works, but the other 2 dont,
>> saying that the group is missing. Needs to be finished today as I dont
>> have SPSS at home. Please help me, this is the first time Ive used
>> SPSS.
>>
>> Thanks guys :)
>
> Hopefully this will help, This is the error message its giving me.

--- snip ---

> Syntax	T-TEST GROUPS=relagg(0 1)
>   /MISSING=ANALYSIS
>   /VARIABLES=sex
>   /CRITERIA=CI(.95).

--- snip ---

You've got the variables in the wrong places--i.e., you're
treating RELAGG as the group variable and SEX as the dependent
variable.

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca
On Nov 3, 11:56=A0am, Bruce Weaver <bwea...@lakeheadu.ca> wrote:
> Krystal89 wrote:
> > On Nov 3, 11:22 am, Krystal89 <krystal.lan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Im trying to write a practical report for uni. In doing so I am
> >> required to test the difference between males and females in scores of
> >> 3 different tests. One of the tests works, but the other 2 dont,
> >> saying that the group is missing. Needs to be finished today as I dont
> >> have SPSS at home. Please help me, this is the first time Ive used
> >> SPSS.
>
> >> Thanks guys :)
>
> > Hopefully this will help, This is the error message its giving me.
>
> --- snip ---
>
> > Syntax =A0 =A0 T-TEST GROUPS=3Drelagg(0 1)
> > =A0 /MISSING=3DANALYSIS
> > =A0 /VARIABLES=3Dsex
> > =A0 /CRITERIA=3DCI(.95).
>
> --- snip ---
>
> You've got the variables in the wrong places--i.e., you're
> treating RELAGG as the group variable and SEX as the dependent
> variable.
>
> --
> Bruce Weaver
> bwea...@lakeheadu.cahttp://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/
> "When all else fails, RTFM."

THANKYOU!!!

Lucky Im blonde, otherwise I'd look really bumb at this point :)

Seriously though, thanks...
0
Krystal89

trying to compile, fails on: t/listbox....................NOK 200# Test 200 got: '0' (t/listbox.t at line 706)
make go's just fine, this is the make test output thanks in advance, --Nathan PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.2 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/JP.t t/KR.t t/Require.t t/Trace.t t/X.t t/after.t t/autoload.t t/balloon.t t/browseentry-grabtest.t t/browseentry-subclassing.t t/browseentry.t t/browseentry2.t t/button.t t/create.t t/cursor.t t/dash.t t/dialogbox.t t/entry.t t/fbox.t t/fileevent.t t/fileselect.t t/font.t t/geomgr.t t/iso8859-1.t t/leak.t t/list.t t/listbox.t t/magic.t t/meg...

I'm trying for the fourth and in the subject I'm openly saying that I haven't got the message yet as I'm writing this
A new mug, with white fresh A700 with writing on it with some light grey letters - Love the twenny!!! --+-- narayan --+-- ...

Help!!! Help!!! Doesn't Boot.... Doesn't get installed
I have just purchased a used custom touch screen PC (more like a laptop, processor and screen are in one unit). It had no OS, but had a new IBM travel star hard disk (laptop hard drive). I took that disk out and loaded operating system into it and re-sintalled. When I start the PC, it doesn't boot and says NO OS found. But it recognizes the hard drive (as a Secondary master). BOIS setting sequence was C and A. On the motherboard, there was one slot for primary hard drive, unused and another slot for laptop hard drive, which I just installed. Even when I connect external CD dri...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but ...

I know this isn't the correct group for this question But didn't know a group to ask
I am wanting to play a prank on someone. Is there a way to send an email and make it look like it came from someone else. Thanks for help or a group sugestiion for the question. deercreek wrote: > I am wanting to play a prank on someone. Is there a way to send an > email and make it look like it came from someone else. I know a prank you should go play on yourself.... -- Tim http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/ ^o< /#) "Burp-beep, burp-beep, burp-beep?" - Quaker Jake /^^ "Whatcha doin?" - Ditto "TIM-MAY!!" - Me deercreek wrote: > I am wanting t...

I'm trying to use the 'Help with VI' feature under the help...
I'm trying to use the 'Help with VI' feature under the help menu but its grayed out....how do I activate it?? tks I'm trying to use the 'Help with VI' feature under the help menu but its grayed out....how do I activate it?? tks You need to create a 'Help' file, either a .hlp, .chm or .htm. Then in the VI properties under Documentation, enter the path to the file in the "Help Path" dialog. This will link the help file to the Help for this VI link in the Help menu. It will also activate the link to the help file in the Context Help window. Ed ...

unit/test : I don't want to automatically run all tests
Hi, I'm writing some unit tests and the plan is to let them run each night, and producing a little web page summarizing the results. I've written my tests, put them in a suite, and want to run them, but collect the results to build the web page afterwards. I use this code: result = Test::Unit::TestResult.new() MyTestClass.suite.run(result) {|s, name| puts "Status=#{s} and name = #{name}"} This runs absolutely fin, but test/unit then automatically starts to run all tests define in the file. This is a feature of test/unit (as noted at http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libd...

'Run in' or not 'run in'?
Hei I have just bought another QuickSilver 867mhz G4, which is going to have = a new 'motor' with a GigaDesigns 7447A Dual G4 1,6-2,0ghz processor. I=20 have more CPU upgraded Macs and have always with these set the CPU a=20 step lower to 'run in' the CPU and then set it up to full speed after=20 apprx. a month or so, - just like you run in a new car... My experiences = are that this always gives the best results With fx. PowerLogix processors this is rather easy, since the speed is=20 controlled by 'CPUDirectory' software, but with Giga's Processors it is=20 do...

What is a difference in 'T t = u' and in 'T t( u )'
Hi, Does anyone can explain me why declarations marked as 1 compile whereas declarations marked as 2 do not compile? The most obvious example is the third one with shared_ptr. It is because of explicite constructor. Am I right? But what about first and second examples? Please notice also that examples second and third are completely different. Constructor calling syntax is right in third but not in second. However assign syntax is right in second example but not in third. #include <boost/assign/list_of.hpp> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <...

AT&T's CEO says Tim Cook shouldn't have any say in encryption debate [telecom]
By Chris Welch AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson doesn't think Apple CEO Tim Cook should be making long-term decisions around encryption that could ripple across the technology industry. "I don't think it is Silicon Valley's decision to make about whether encryption is the right thing to do," he told The Wall Street Journal in an interview on Wednesday. "I understand Tim Cook's decision, but I don't think it's his decision to make," said Stephenson. "I personally think that this is an issue that should be decided by the American p...

run-time engine doesn't run ('network error')
Hi, I'm trying to get the RuntimeEngine 7.0 to work on my Win2K PC, which is behine a corporate firewall. The webpage is being setup at an university which I don't believe to have any access restrictions. When I try to access the data page I got the 'network error' message. Is this because I'm behind the firewall? Is there any setting I can do to gain access? Thanks! This sounds like a problem with your network setup. Have you tried running the page from a computer that is not behind the firewall? You might want to try talking with your network admin. The data for rem...

why does $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] say /test.php/test.php for test.php?
I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as follows: <?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: > I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as > follows: > > <?php > echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; > ?> > > And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but > rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And ho...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin&...

'cannot stat' script in /etc/rc.d/, try to run script at startup
I'm trying to add a script to /etc/rc.d so it runs at system startup But when I try to copy the script to the directory, I get response 'cp: cannot stat 'script.sh' : no such file or directory' Can anyone suggest a solution? On ���, 21 ��� 2005 at 08:26 GMT, brightoceanlight@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to add a script to /etc/rc.d so it runs at system startup > > But when I try to copy the script to the directory, I get response > 'cp: cannot stat 'script.sh' : no such file or directory' > > Can anyone suggest a solution? Are...

Web resources about - Trying to run a ind t-test, says 'at least on of the groups is empty. HELP!? - comp.soft-sys.stat.spss