Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory

I got this message when i did a nonlinear regression. I am using SPSS
13.0

Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program
Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory=AC

Predicted values are missing, or case weights are missing or not
positive for all cases.

This command is not executed.

What is wrong with the SPSS? I have no problem at all when i use
version 12.0

Thank you,

run

0
run
3/23/2005 2:56:27 AM
comp.soft-sys.stat.spss 5679 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

 - I have not seen anyone respond to this one -
Here is a comment, even though it is not very useful.

On 22 Mar 2005 18:56:27 -0800, "run" <run@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> I got this message when i did a nonlinear regression. I am using SPSS
> 13.0
>
> Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program
> Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory�

1) That's a funny character at the end of 'directory', which
reads as "=AC" or else as a special character.

2) That text file message seems to point to a message-file
that should be there at installation;  so it *seems* to signify
that the installation went wrong, or disk contents have been
altered since the time of installation.

Combining those two things with my long experience at
pondering error messages  -- I wonder whether SPSS could
be totally screwed up at this stage, so that the next line
about "Predicted values ... weights" may have little to do
with anything.

> Predicted values are missing, or case weights are missing or not
> positive for all cases.
>
> This command is not executed.
>

> What is wrong with the SPSS? I have no problem at all when i use
> version 12.0

Assuming that it had run on 12.0 previously, I would make
sure that it runs at 12.0  again -- to confirm that there wasn't
any change in the data file.

--
Rich Ulrich, wpilib@pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html
"Richard Ulrich" <Rich.Ulrich@comcast.net> wrote in message
> - I have not seen anyone respond to this one -
> Here is a comment, even though it is not very useful.
>

> On 22 Mar 2005 18:56:27 -0800, "run" <run@hawaii.edu> wrote:
>

> > I got this message when i did a nonlinear regression. I am using SPSS
> > 13.0
> >
> > Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program
> > Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory�
>
> 1) That's a funny character at the end of 'directory', which
> reads as "=AC" or else as a special character.
>
> 2) That text file message seems to point to a message-file
> that should be there at installation;  so it *seems* to signify
> that the installation went wrong, or disk contents have been
> altered since the time of installation.
>
> Combining those two things with my long experience at
> pondering error messages  -- I wonder whether SPSS could
> be totally screwed up at this stage, so that the next line
> about "Predicted values ... weights" may have little to do
> with anything.
>

> > Predicted values are missing, or case weights are missing or not
> > positive for all cases.
> >
> > This command is not executed.
> >

> > What is wrong with the SPSS? I have no problem at all when i use
> > version 12.0
> >

> Assuming that it had run on 12.0 previously, I would make
> sure that it runs at 12.0  again -- to confirm that there wasn't
> any change in the data file.
--------------------
Error 612 is "Argument too large for the EXP function."

The error message text is ("Argument too large for...")  supposed to come
from that spss.err file shown in the "Undefined error" function.  That file
could not be found.

Jonathan Fry

0
Jonathan

new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new URL("file://c:/dir/file")
new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new URL("file://c:/dir/file") What is the correct syntax ? Is it the same as a new File ?FileDialog send: "c:\Program Files\dir\file". I have the feeling that different classes (File, URL, URl) have the different syntax. Please say a), b) or c) and answer me does it is same for all java classes which ask for a file path? FreeStyler =E3=81=AE=E3=83=A1=E3=83=83=E3=82=BB=E3=83=BC=E3=82=B8: > new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new > URL("file://c:/dir/fil...

CommonDialog1.InitDir = "C:\Program Files\MyData" 'This has no effect on what directory the File Open dialog box starts in: WHY ?
Private Sub mnuOpen_Click() Dim sfbPos As Long, LFRow As Integer, LFCol As Integer, LFStrBuf As String, TempStr As String Dim RowCtr As Integer, Prompt1 As String, Responce As Byte Const sfbLen As Byte = 1 TempStr = "" sfbPos = 1 RowCtr = -1 Prompt1 = "Before opening a new file, do you want to Save Changes" & Chr$(13) & _ " to the data now displayed on this screen ?" 'MsgBox(prompt[, buttons] [, title] [, helpfile, context]) 'vbYes If CellDataChanged Then Responce = MsgBox(Prompt1, vbYesNo, "S...

PSP7
How do I reset the default "Files of type" in "File Open" window to "All files" ? Wasn't it P who wrote: >How do I reset the default "Files of type" in "File Open" window to "All >files" ? Click on the little down arrow to open the list. "All Files" is the top entry in the list. -- Mike Williams Gentleman of Leisure "Mike Williams" <nospam@econym.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:CHTTuBADDwMCFwyr@econym.demon.co.uk... > Wasn't it P who wrote: > >How do I reset the default "...

PSP7
How do I reset the default "Files of type" in "File Open" window to "All files" ? Wasn't it P who wrote: >How do I reset the default "Files of type" in "File Open" window to "All >files" ? Click on the little down arrow to open the list. "All Files" is the top entry in the list. -- Mike Williams Gentleman of Leisure "Mike Williams" <nospam@econym.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:CHTTuBADDwMCFwyr@econym.demon.co.uk... > Wasn't it P who wrote: > >How do I reset the default "...

Opening a file for reading in C: "File too large" error
Dear all, The following is a simple program that works well on Windows, but fails to open a file of 6.5GB for reading on Linux Red Hat. The reported error is "File too large". If anyone knows how to fix this, I will be very grateful. Best wishes, Pedro Ps: the problem is confined in the following code #include <math.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define SDF_DBFILE "very_large_file.sdf" int main(void) { FILE *finput; finput = fopen(SDF_DBFILE, "r"); if(finput == NULL) { perror...

problem on startup: File error: "Cannot open load file", "xfonts"
Hi everybody I just installed the newest emacs testing as emacs package. after starting it with emacs --debug-init I get the error Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "xfonts") require(xfonts) byte-code("��!������@��!��!A��B\"� B��B\"�@��B\"A@*�A�B��!�C���\"��!�FBF��!���\"��!��!I�VH�V��!��!�K%N�!!R�#\"\"\"\"\"S\"!!�\"!!\"!\" �=��Q �=����# �=��Q��\n� � !� ! �\f!\f�\f \"��\f #� a.s.o. The require(xfonts) is in the .gnu-e...

Error "Could not open the file for writing/Cause: No such file or directory exists (2)"
Hi, I get this error message since a few weeks now on a regular basis. Error Could not open the file for writing Cause: No such file or directory exists (2) I guess the latest virus-flood plays a role here, because I can receive 99% of the mails without error. Thus, I do not think that it's a setup- problem. Turning off the McAffee somewhat helps, but the error still happens. Please note the two blanks between "file" and "for". Obviously it tries to write to "", which cannot exist. Is there a way to avoid this error message. IMO it s...

is there definition of "binary file" or "text file"
even so called "text file", acturally it's also stored in the binary format. niy38@hotmail.com (Niy) writes: > even so called "text file", acturally it's also stored in > the binary format. There isn't a difference on unix. Unix sees a file as simply a sequence of bytes, which it does not try to interpret. Interpretation of file formats is done at the application level. For example, a database program would expect a certain format, a text editor another format, but the standard I/O routines just deal with streams of bytes. What's the issue you...

file open "no such file"
I am getting this error when I try to run the code below **************** f = open("~/m", "r") print f.read() **************** **************** :~$ python python/my.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "python/my.py", line 1, in ? f = open("~/m", "r") IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '~/m' **************** but I have the "m" file in my home/username/ thank you Gary Wessle wrote: > I am getting this error when I try to run the code below > > **************** > f = open("~/m"...

&quot;Error 7 occurred at Open File +.vi:Open File&quot; when opening a newly built application
Hello, &nbsp; After successfully building a standalone application in LabView 7.1, I get this error when I try to run my .exe file.&nbsp; I don't think any files are supposed to open upon execution except for my top level VI, which appears to open just fine, so I'm unsure why this error pops up.&nbsp; Does anyone have any ideas that might help or has anyone run into this error&nbsp;before? &nbsp; Thanks in advance! &nbsp; Jason ...

Short file format: "Progra~1" for "Program Files"
Hello all, From my Windows command prompt, I'm trying to run an .exe which requires an argument for CLASSPATH, along the lines, <%> Foo.exe -CLASSPATH="C:\Program Files\AppFolder\a.jar....." When the length of CLASSPATH's value is quite large, the .exe doesnt work the way it should. To truncate the CLASSPATH length I tried "C:\Progra~1" for "C:\Program Files". It seems to work fine. This exe needs to run on the end-user's PC. My question is, how reliable is it to use "Progra~1" for "Program Files". If the end...

"Run-time error 75" updating program in Vista/Windows 7 Program Files (x86) directory
I have a software application written in VB6 (the VB 2010 version is under development) that includes an embedded update feature that allows users to download periodic updates via FTP. The problem I am having is that under Vista and Windows 7 is that when the program tries to update the files in the application directory which defaults to the Program Files (x86) directory, it generates a "Run-time error 75 - Path/File access error". I know this is a function of Vista/ Windows 7 protection of the Program Files directories. My question is: Is there a way around it? Right now the progra...

iMPACT: "...cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Hi there, I'm trying to run Xilinx iMPACT under slackware. Why can't it find a shared library that's in the executable's directory? root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# impact impact: error while loading shared libraries: libImpactProcessor.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# ls libImpactProcessor.so libImpactProcessor.so* root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# root@Valine:~# echo $XILINX /opt/Xilinx root@Valine:~# echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin: /usr/games:/opt/www/htdig...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable."
Dear all, Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and followed the instruction to fix the problem. At the same time, I also checked SAS web site and followed their instruction to fix the problem. But after all these efforts, I still got the nasty message. The only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall SAS because there are a lot of procedures to do that. Any idea will be greatly appreciated. Bob Bob, What kind of system are you on? From your example I presume an older version of Windows. If that...

make "File name" default when searching in an "open file" dialogue ?
With Snow Leopard, I have noticed that if, in a file selection dialogue, I want to use the search feature, as I start typing in the search box, the dialogue changes to a search dialogue with a default set to "contents". Anyone know if there is a way to have it default to "File name" ? I find it annoying to have to switch from typing, move mouse to click on the "file name" button, then click back into the input field to finish the seach term. I know this isn't a major issue, but if there were a way to get it to use "file name" by default...

extern "c" from c++ header files referenced in c files
Hi, I have a mixed c/c++ program, where there are a few .c files where I want to hook to .h files of .cpp files. For example, I have application.c which references an .h file for a ..cpp file (pingpong.h and pingpong.cpp) I've tried to declare c++ style features in my pingpong.h file but it seems that the pingpong.h file keeps on being read as a "C" file. in application.c #include "pingpong.h" in pingpong.h extern "C" { #include <iostream> using namespace std; typedef struct struct_app_pingping { int connectionId; etc.. .... } /*end of extern ...

Change "bzy " file type to open or trash "locked" files (sometimes)
I just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is having the same problem. I had some partially downloaded Interarchy files on my desktop which I couldn't resume, trash or open - they were just locked, no matter what I tried I got an error saying the "item ... is being used by another task right now". I looked with Super Get Info and discovered those files' Type code had been changed to "bzy " instead of Interarchie's usual "Ana0" (or similar). I found an old post that this file type was introduced in OS8.5 but this is the first time I've no...

Re: Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable."
Bob, What kind of system are you on? From your example I presume an older version of Windows. If that is the case, you have to see how SAS is called. It sounds like a Window's problem, trying to find 'C:\program files', but not being able to read the long file names. If so, you may have to change that part of the call to 'c:\progra~1'. Art ----- On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:32:21 -0700, baoxian_lan@EXCITE.COM wrote: >Dear all, > >Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error >message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and fol...

ActiveState vs. "C:\Program Files\" and "C:\Progra~1\"
note: this post started off as a question, but turned into a blog and eventually became an answer. I just hate to have anyone else go through all this nonsense, so I figured I'd post it as an example of "when in doubt, google it out". I successfully installed ActiveState 5.8.8 (after uninstalling 5.6.something) on an XP laptop. I installed it to "C:\Program FIles \Activestate.com\Perl". After the install, I changed the "Program files" part of the ActiveState dirs in my PATH env var from long DOS format to 8.3 format: "C:\Program Files\ActiveState.c...

C Program [ Turbo-C ] , to extract only-Printable-characters from a file ( any type of file) and display them ( i.e equivalent to "strings" command in UNIX)
Hi I am creating a C Program [ Turbo-C ] , to extract only-Printable-characters from a file ( any type of file) and display them. OS: Windows-XP Ple help me to fix the Errors & Warnings and explain how to use Command-Line Arguments inside C program. thanks SunRise -------------------------------------------------------- Warnings & Errors: WARNING : Non-portable pointer compariosn in function main Error(1) : Illegal structure operation in function main Error(2) : Illegal structure operation in function main Error(3) : Illegal structure operation in function main Error(4) : typ...

File::Temp: opening the temp. file in "r+" mode? Also "man in the middle"
Hi, I'm working at a CGI-script which would receive a 20 MB big file via HTTP-upload, then change few bytes in it, then calculate an MD5 hash over a region of that file and save that value into the file as well. At the moment I do the first task (change few bytes) like this (the $flash is coming from the CGI.pm's filefield): my ($fh, $filename) = tempfile(DIR => UPLOADDIR); while (sysread $flash, $chunk, KEYSIZE) { $both = $prev . $chunk; if ($both =~ s/$SEARCH/$REPLACE/o) { print $fh $both; undef $prev; } el...

C Program [ Turbo-C ] , to extract only-Printable-characters from a file ( any type of file) and display them ( i.e equivalent to "strings" command in UNIX) #2
Hi I am creating a C Program [ Turbo-C ] , to extract only-Printable-characters from a file ( any type of file) and display them. OS: Windows-XP Ple help me to fix the Errors & Warnings and explain how to use Command-Line Arguments inside C program. thanks SunRise -------------------------------------------------------- Warnings & Errors: WARNING : Non-portable pointer compariosn in function main Error(1) : Illegal structure operation in function main Error(2) : Illegal structure operation in function main Error(3) : Illegal structure operation in function main Error(4) : typ...

Open File as "child" in "parent" window
Hello - Using VB6.0, I am attempting to build an application which has a "parent" window with any number of "child" windows that are opened internal to the "parent" window. I want to use common dialog to find the file name and then open the file in the default application (i.e., ..doc files in word, .pdf files in adobe). But, the kicker is that I want the default application to launch internal to the parent window. Is this even possible? I've tried to code something to do this (see below), but have only been able to get the default application to...

Web resources about - Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory - comp.soft-sys.stat.spss