[OT] A Mac emulator for... Mac. ;-)

The Mac on Linux emulator now has a native Mac port of the software.
It still isn't as 'user friendly' as typical Mac applications are
(i.e. you have to use disk utility to create disk images) and there's
no Tiger support yet (either as host or guest), but on the flip side
I hear it gets pretty good performance and with support hopefully
they can get those usability and Tiger issues fixed. :-) In addition
to running Mac OS X, it also allows developers to run Classic Mac OS
and PPC Linux under emulation.

This also makes me wonder what options would be available to Mactel
users once they have universal binaries of this... ;-)

Anyways, I thought this might be of interest to any wxWidgets
developers who are trying to deploy on and support multiple versions
of Mac OS X.

http://maconmac.bastix.net/

Thanks,

Kevin

kevino
6/15/2005 8:03:09 PM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Very useful info Kevin, thanks.

On 6/15/05, Kevin Ollivier <kevino@tulane.edu> wrote:
> The Mac on Linux emulator now has a native Mac port of the software.
> It still isn't as 'user friendly' as typical Mac applications are
> (i.e. you have to use disk utility to create disk images) and there's
> no Tiger support yet (either as host or guest), but on the flip side
> I hear it gets pretty good performance and with support hopefully
> they can get those usability and Tiger issues fixed. :-) In addition
> to running Mac OS X, it also allows developers to run Classic Mac OS
> and PPC Linux under emulation.
>=20
> This also makes me wonder what options would be available to Mactel
> users once they have universal binaries of this... ;-)
>=20
> Anyways, I thought this might be of interest to any wxWidgets
> developers who are trying to deploy on and support multiple versions
> of Mac OS X.
>=20
> http://maconmac.bastix.net/
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Kevin
>=20

jtgrassie
6/15/2005 8:37:08 PM
This is only for PPC.

Rene

On 6/15/05, jtgxbass <jtgrassie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very useful info Kevin, thanks.
>=20
> On 6/15/05, Kevin Ollivier <kevino@tulane.edu> wrote:
> > The Mac on Linux emulator now has a native Mac port of the software.
> > It still isn't as 'user friendly' as typical Mac applications are
> > (i.e. you have to use disk utility to create disk images) and there's
> > no Tiger support yet (either as host or guest), but on the flip side
> > I hear it gets pretty good performance and with support hopefully
> > they can get those usability and Tiger issues fixed. :-) In addition
> > to running Mac OS X, it also allows developers to run Classic Mac OS
> > and PPC Linux under emulation.
> >
> > This also makes me wonder what options would be available to Mactel
> > users once they have universal binaries of this... ;-)
> >
> > Anyways, I thought this might be of interest to any wxWidgets
> > developers who are trying to deploy on and support multiple versions
> > of Mac OS X.
> >
> > http://maconmac.bastix.net/
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kevin

>=20
>=20

--=20
the.rhorn@gmail.com, rhorn@sdf.lonestar.org,
hornr18@uwosh.edu (UW-Oshkosh email address),
hornr18@mio.uwosh.edu (UW-Oshkosh MIO e-addy),
knights@mio.uwosh.edu (Knight Owls e-addy)
http://rhorn.unixcab.org - a bunch of experimental stuff

Jay Leno in response to Colin Powell's deadline for an Iraqi
constitution:
"They can take ours.  After all, we aren't using it..."

the