Event handlers that handle ALL command events

Is it possible to specify a some sort of psuedo-Event type to
EVT_COMMAND() such that it will handle *ALL* the command events?

Alex

alex
12/20/2005 10:10:08 AM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Maybe this will help: *EVT_COMMAND_RANGE
( and you can set all the identifiers in some range of values )

Iulian
*
Alex Bligh wrote:

> Is it possible to specify a some sort of psuedo-Event type to
> EVT_COMMAND() such that it will handle *ALL* the command events?
>
> Alex

undergraver
12/20/2005 10:13:24 AM
Iulian,

--On 20 December 2005 12:13 +0200 Iulian-Nicu Serbanoiu
<undergraver@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe this will help: *EVT_COMMAND_RANGE
> ( and you can set all the identifiers in some range of values )

Doesn't that allow for a single event type to be sent to a range of IDs,
rather than a range of event types?

Alex

> Iulian
> *
> Alex Bligh wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to specify a some sort of psuedo-Event type to
>> EVT_COMMAND() such that it will handle *ALL* the command events?
>>
>> Alex

Alex

alex
12/20/2005 10:37:43 AM
It depends on what you are trying to do.

wxCommandEvent argument is the parameter received for function handling
events for some the folowing controls and more:

wxButton, wxCheckBox , wxRadioButton ....

It depends on what events you want to handle ... and what controls
generate those events.

Be a little more specific please...

Alex Bligh wrote:

> Iulian,
>
> --On 20 December 2005 12:13 +0200 Iulian-Nicu Serbanoiu
> <undergraver@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe this will help: *EVT_COMMAND_RANGE
>> ( and you can set all the identifiers in some range of values )
>

> Doesn't that allow for a single event type to be sent to a range of IDs,
> rather than a range of event types?
>
> Alex

undergraver
12/20/2005 10:55:37 AM
I guess, for this case you should override ProcessEvent function of
your window and handle each type of events directly...

On 20 Dec, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Iulian-Nicu Serbanoiu wrote:

> It depends on what you are trying to do.
>
> wxCommandEvent argument is the parameter received for function
> handling events for some the folowing controls and more:
>
> wxButton, wxCheckBox , wxRadioButton ....
>
> It depends on what events you want to handle ... and what controls
> generate those events.

mradzi
12/20/2005 11:06:54 AM
Mohd Radzi Ibrahim wrote:
> I guess, for this case you should override ProcessEvent function of your
> window and handle each type of events directly...

Ah. I can't quite do that (because I don't want to subclass the many
subclasses of wxWindow involved), but I could of course just override
ProcessEvent in the wxEvtHandler subclass I've already built and
connected using PushEventHandler. Thanks.

Alex

alex