problem with left+right mouse down+up on Mac

I'm having an issue with right and left mouse button events on OSX.
I use a two button mouse, and when both buttons are down at the same
time, the subsequent button up events get mangled.  I looked at the
code in src/mac/carbon/toplevel.cpp, specifically the SetupMouseEvent
method, and see that there's a snippet in there that is trying to
adjust for control-clicks that are interpreted as right-clicks.  this
appears to be by design but is causing me problems...  I would even
call it a bug perhaps

void SetupMouseEvent( wxMouseEvent &wxevent , wxMacCarbonEvent &cEvent )
{
    // a control click is interpreted as a right click
     if ( button == kEventMouseButtonPrimary && (modifiers &
controlKey) )
         button = kEventMouseButtonSecondary ;

     // otherwise we report double clicks by connecting a left click
with a ctrl-left click
     if ( clickCount > 1 && button != g_lastButton )
         clickCount = 1 ;

     // we must make sure that our synthetic 'right' button
corresponds in
     // mouse down, moved and mouse up, and does not deliver a right
down and left up

     if ( cEvent.GetKind() == kEventMouseDown )
         g_lastButton = button ;

     if ( button == 0 )
         g_lastButton = 0 ;
     else if ( g_lastButton )
         button = g_lastButton ;
}
could this be modified to only kluge the buttons if it really was a
ctrl-left click, rather than always forcing a button up event to
assume the button of the most recent button down event?  or would
that break a dozen other things?

chad
2/14/2007 4:48:22 AM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

mouse: problem with left-handed, right-handed works
Hi, I'm using KDE 3.3.2 under Linux 2.6.8-2-686 with a 5-button mouse. The mouse works fine in right-handed mode. But if I set it to left-handed (KDE Control Center -> Pheripherals -> Mouse), it appears as if the right-handed and the left-handed mode is mixed. It is hard to describe: Using the index button (in left-handed mode the right one) seems to initiate the actions for both the left and the rigth button (e.g., a menu opens). On the next click, the mouse appears to be right-handed. Then the behaviour repeats. Any ideas? Ulrich Ulrich Scholz wrote: > Hi, > > I&...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I&#...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

Left mouse click problem
I have a Lenovo R61 from December 2007 with Windows XP. Suddenly, it is not possible to make a left mouse click. Right mouse click works. I try to click on the touch pad, upper left button, lower left button, no click possible. Mouse over effects work fine, only left clicking not possible Any idea? -- Roland M�sl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org Planetary Engineering Group Earth On 3/4/2011 7:04 AM, Roland M�sl wrote: > I have a Lenovo R61 from December 2007 > with Windows XP. > > Suddenly, it is not possible to make a left mouse click. > > Right mou...

Mouse problems with the Intel Macs
Specifically mouse driver problems. It appears that you can't assign a function key to a mouse button with Microsoft's mouse driver. I want to assign F9 to a button, but whenever I press F9 to assign it, I activate Expos�. If I deactivate F9 in the keyboard and mouse preferences, then when I try to set the Intellipoint software by pressing F9, it records as just plain F (this is true for all F keys). The work around is to set the Dashboard and Expos� preferences panel for that mouse button, and set the Intellipoint preferences to "Handled by Mac OS". -- Stop Mad C...

strange problem with \left, \right
Hi, When I compile the following minimal example, for some weird reason the closing square bracket is typeset to the right of the opening parenthesis, overlaid on the letter A. Any hints why? \documentclass{article} \begin{document} \[ f(A^{-1} x) - {} \sum_{k > 0} T_{k}{\left[ f \right]} {\left(A^{-1}\right)} \] \end{document} (And yes, the {} *does* actually make all the difference!) Thanks, -- Pouya D. Tafti p dot d dot tafti at ieee dot org [Pouya D. Tafti<p.d.tafti@ieee.org>] > When I compile the following minimal example, for some weird > reason the closing s...

Mac Mini mouse problem
Every time my wife starts up her Mac Mini, she then has to unplug and replug her mouse before it will work. About all we can think of is to trash and replace the mouse driver. Anyone know where such drivers are hidden? In article <4300b930$0$2507$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, Daddio <Daddio@Nowheresville.Man> wrote: > Every time my wife starts up her Mac Mini, she then has to unplug and > replug her mouse before it will work. About all we can think of is to > trash and replace the mouse driver. Anyone know where such drivers are > hidden? Try it with another mo...

right and left clicks of mouse
Hello, Is it possible to create seperate functions for right and left clicks of the mouse. Matlab provides a "WindowButtonDownFcn", but it does not differentiate between right and left mouse clicks. I would appreciate any suggestion in this regard. Thanks Amar Amar Chawla wrote: > > > Hello, > Is it possible to create seperate functions for right and left > clicks > of the mouse. Matlab provides a "WindowButtonDownFcn", but it does > not differentiate between right and left mouse clicks. > > I would appreciate any suggestion in this regard. >...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from ri...

Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them.
From Entrepreneur.com: http://tinyurl.com/5moenl Cuss and discuss. Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them. By Jason R. Rich �October 20, 2008 Not long ago, if you were to ask PC users what they thought about Apple Macs, you'd probably get one of two responses: Either they'd say, "Oh, those are the computers used by college students," or you'd hear, "Aren't Macs used only by creative types, like artists and musicians?" What today's�business�people and�entrepreneurs�are quickly ...

Problem in ETeX with right to left typesetting.
Hello, I use ETeX with plain TeX. Since I print documents in a semitic language, I use the right to left features of ETeX. I have discovered a thing that sounds like a bug: To write a document from right to left, I do not know another mean that typing: \everypar={\beginR}. But then, when a display math formula appears, ETeX is no more able to compute the difference between short lines and long ones before the display formula; that is, \abovedisplayskip is always used even if the line is short and \abovedisplayshortskip has to be used. To give an example, compare theses two codes, the one usin...

How does wxWindows handle right-to-left languages?
I was wondering how wxWindows handles right-to-left languages such as hebrew, arabic and chinese / japanese. I know wxWindows handles Unicode pretty well but how do right-to-left languages effect (for example) sizers. Are dialogs that I create with sizers flipped or mirrored? Would this be a nice feature if it isn't in there yet? Dr. O wrote: > I was wondering how wxWindows handles right-to-left languages such as > hebrew, arabic It should be possible to display hebrew and arabic/farsi text correctly when using standard controls (including wxTextCtrl). There is ...

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

Web resources about - problem with left+right mouse down+up on Mac - comp.soft-sys.wxwindows

Search Twitter - #corbyncabinet
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Top Tweet ...

Subcarrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A subcarrier is a separate analog or digital signal carried on a main radio transmission , which carries extra information such as voice or data ...

Xevel/NXV11 · GitHub
NXV11 - Hacking of the Neato XV-11 lidar

A Headphone Monitoring Switch - HeadWize
by Rudy Trubitt I wrote an article on field recording techniques in the November 1997 issue of Electronic Musician . In that story, I promised ...

An FM Stereo Broadcaster
A Personal Homepage, with some Project Notes, Scripts and Information

A "quick" microbenchmark
Developer who is always consuming knowledge. Startup enthusiast who doesn't enjoy being a drop in a bucket. Dividend stock investor. Lucky husband ...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Review
... than a must-have. Galaxy S6 Edge design The S6 Edge uses the same design foundation, but has a very slightly curved screen on either (left+right) ...

FishEyeTabs
FishEyeTabs is a tiny extension for Mozilla Firefox that zooms a tab when the mouse cursor is placed over it. It is an alternative to scrolling ...

Xfce Wiki - tips
Xfce Wiki Sub domains Home Docs Archive Wiki Forum Bugs Blog Translate GIT Xfce Wiki Wiki Show page Old revisions Recent changes Sitemap ? You ...