RE: Re[2]: [Mac, 2.8.2] - validator for combo box

I agree that this is a good idea. I don't think we would need mac
specific code, as I think the interface and implementation can be done
on the generic interface of the wx controls.

For the time being, all I was thinking of doing is a simple "if" where
needed in the wxTextValidator to know whether it's dealing with a
combo-box or text edit control (pretty much like the generic validator
does). It seems to me very simple to do so, and that is definitely
something I can do.

As for creating a wxTextEntryIFace, I'm not 100% sure I understand your
design concept. Would this class derive from anything? How does it
relate to the validators?

Yaron

which
> would be implementd by both (single line) wxTextCtrl and wxComboBox.
If we
> had it already, extending wxTextValidator to work with wxComboBox
would
> presumably be trivial. If I'm right and this really would help, maybe
> should finally add this wxTextEntryIface before you start modifying
the
> text validator. Of course, any help with wxTextEntryIface (especially
> under
> Mac) would be very appreciated too.
>=20
>  Thanks,
> VZ
> --
> TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
>                http://www.tt-solutions.com/
>=20
>=20
>=20

YaronT
7/9/2007 7:29:57 PM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:29:57 +0200 Yaron Tadmor <YaronT@HumanEyes.com> wrote:

YT> For the time being, all I was thinking of doing is a simple "if" where
YT> needed in the wxTextValidator to know whether it's dealing with a
YT> combo-box or text edit control (pretty much like the generic validator
YT> does).

 I don't like the explicit checks using wxDynamicCast for all the usual
reasons and even though we do have quite a few of them in the code already,
I'd like to avoid adding another one.

YT> As for creating a wxTextEntryIFace, I'm not 100% sure I understand your
YT> design concept. Would this class derive from anything? How does it
YT> relate to the validators?

 wxTextEntryIface wouldn't derive from anything, but both wxTextCtrl and
wxComboBox would derive from it. The validator code would then use a
wxTextEntryIface pointer instead of wxWindow one as this would be enough
for its needs.

 Regards,
VZ
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/