From: Robert Roebling [mailto:robert@roebling.de]=20
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 11:29 AM
To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org
Subject: Re[3]: wxGTK 2.4.2 / GTK+ 2.6.2 Drag and Drop locks up

Smouse, Chris:

> Okay, everyone - I have written a minimal (~150 lines) test using=20
> wxGrid and DnD, and am able to reproduce the problem fairly regularly=20
> (usually manifests itself within 150 drag/drops), although the number=20
> of DnD reps varies.  This is a realistic scenario because users of my=20
> actual application perform hundreds of drags and drops during a single

> session.
>=20
> Sun Solaris 8
> wxGTK 2.4.2
> GTK+ 2.6.2
>=20
> I've attached a gzipped tarball of the sources and my Makefile, which=20
> is present for informational purposes and will require modification if

> you wish to use it.

Could you test if the same lockup occurs with the just released version
2.5.4?
=20
  Robert

csmouse
2/25/2005 9:36:37 PM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Chris,

2.6 is going to be released in the next 4-5 weeks and little (realistically
NO) effort is being put on improving the 2.4.x series at this time.  You
might save yourself a lot of time by testing on 2.5.4, because if it's fixed
there, it's not long until 2.6.  You can also get a head start seeing what
else has changed since 2.4.2, which on the GTK port, is a *lot* :)

Thanks,

Kevin