f



Tab control with no tabs

Hi All

I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am attempting an embedded (CE) gui 
which I have made some headway with.

My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three different sets of information to 
the user. I really need to be able to switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the 
best way is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens with zero height 
tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set the tab size on the wxnotebook.

Thoughts anyone??

TIA

Nick
0
Nick
9/29/2005 9:29:55 AM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
401 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

"Nick Warrington" <nick@no_littleidea_spam.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:6uos03-lt7.ln1@hermes.littleidea.co.uk...
> Hi All
>
> I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am 
> attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with.
>
> My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three 
> different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to 
> switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way 
> is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens 
> with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set 
> the tab size on the wxnotebook.
>
> Thoughts anyone??
>

Create and populate three panels and just show the one you need.

-- 
Geoff 


0
Geoffrey
9/29/2005 12:54:57 PM
Geoffrey Clements wrote:
> "Nick Warrington" <nick@no_littleidea_spam.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:6uos03-lt7.ln1@hermes.littleidea.co.uk...
> 
>>Hi All
>>
>>I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am 
>>attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with.
>>
>>My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three 
>>different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to 
>>switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way 
>>is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens 
>>with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set 
>>the tab size on the wxnotebook.
>>
>>Thoughts anyone??
>>
> 
> 
> Create and populate three panels and just show the one you need.
> 
Oh my, I think I just asked a really lame question. I will give this a go. I assume that I would 
create the panels and use show and hide on which ever one I want.

Thanks for humouring me Geoff

Nick
0
Nick
9/29/2005 4:21:07 PM
"Nick Warrington" <nick@no_littleidea_spam.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:71ht03-gs8.ln1@hermes.littleidea.co.uk...

[snip]

> Oh my, I think I just asked a really lame question. I will give this a go. 
> I assume that I would create the panels and use show and hide on which 
> ever one I want.
>

Yes - that is what I meant, you should use the wxWindow::Show() method.

It wasn't a lame question.  There are many times, when programming, when the 
shutters come down and you can't see the wood for the trees, I have 
certainly been there many times.  And now a word of warning: I'm just 
getting into wxWidgets myself and there may be resons that I do not know of 
why it won't work, however I can't think of any and this is certainly the 
strategy I'd use with the toolkits that I do know about, in fact I have done 
this in the past and used radio buttons to select the panel.

> Thanks for humouring me Geoff
>

No problem :-)

-- 
Geoff 


0
Geoffrey
9/30/2005 8:16:29 AM
Reply: