wxBitmapButton with halo from cursor

I have a class TBC derived from wxBitmapButton.
this can show 4 different wxBitmaps depending on its status.
and it can be klicked.
and my problem is that a halo shows up when i am at it with the cursor.
i want to put the TBCs tight side by side but the halo covers the
neighbour TBCs partially.

In an older version of wxGtk (more tha 10 years ago) this halo was NOT
present.

Is there a possibility to suppress this halo?

the background of this question is:
the program simulates the computer ZUSE Z23 of th 1960's, the first
computer i worked with.
and it has a "Bedienpult" with 3 lines of more than 40 keys in blocks of
10 keys tight side by side. the keys can be released or pressed and can
be lighted or not.

thanks in advance
	Pit
0
Peter
11/5/2013 3:12:14 PM
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows 21076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 2013-11-05, Peter Johann Brunner <pjbru@aon.at> wrote:
> I have a class TBC derived from wxBitmapButton.
> this can show 4 different wxBitmaps depending on its status.
> and it can be klicked.
> and my problem is that a halo shows up when i am at it with the cursor.
> i want to put the TBCs tight side by side but the halo covers the
> neighbour TBCs partially.
>
> In an older version of wxGtk (more tha 10 years ago) this halo was NOT
> present.
>
> Is there a possibility to suppress this halo?

 Try using wxBORDER_NONE style for them. But if this doesn't work, then
the answer is almost certainly "no".

 If you really want to have full control over your buttons appearance, you
should create a custom control, this is really the only way to do if you
want them to appear the same in all ports and with all themes.

 Regards,
VZ

              http://www.tt-solutions.com/
0
Vadim
11/12/2013 9:57:24 PM
On 11/12/2013 10:57 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On 2013-11-05, Peter Johann Brunner <pjbru@aon.at> wrote:
>> I have a class TBC derived from wxBitmapButton.
>> this can show 4 different wxBitmaps depending on its status.
>> and it can be klicked.
>> and my problem is that a halo shows up when i am at it with the cursor.
>> i want to put the TBCs tight side by side but the halo covers the
>> neighbour TBCs partially.
>>
>> In an older version of wxGtk (more tha 10 years ago) this halo was NOT
>> present.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to suppress this halo?
>
>  Try using wxBORDER_NONE style for them. But if this doesn't work, then
> the answer is almost certainly "no".
Yes, this was my first try.
The second was to use Gtk1, it also didnt help.

>  If you really want to have full control over your buttons appearance, you
> should create a custom control, this is really the only way to do if you
> want them to appear the same in all ports and with all themes.
This was also my idea:
Copy the code of sxBitmapButton and adapt it to my needs.
But until now i didn't try it. No time!!

>  Regards,
> VZ

many thanks
	Pit
0
Peter

how to tell if cursor is sqlite.Cursor or psycopg2.Cursor
Hi everyone, I've wrapper class around some sql statements and I'm trying to add a method that does: if my_cursor is a sqlite cursor, then run "select last_insert_rowid()" else if it's a psycopg2 cursor, then run "select currval( 'my_sequence' )" etc. The best I can come up with is import both psycopg2 and sqlite and then do if isinstance( self._curs, sqlite.Cursor ) : ... elif isinstance( self._curs, psycopg2._psycopg.cursor ) : ... and I can't help thinking there has to be another way to find out what kind of thing self._curs...

wxWindows resize cursor under GTK
I am working with 2.4.2 and compiling for both Windows and Linux ... my application has multiple windows using the FL lib ... but I noticed that under Windows I have the "resize" cursor when I mouse over the frame of the internal windows while this cursor does not appear when I do the same under Linux ... is there something I am missing here? the windows do resize on both platforms but the visible hint with the cursor changing doesn't happen ... ....Landon --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org...

WxWindows : general cursor question
Hi, Tried to use SetCursor( wxCursor( wxCURSOR_WAIT) ) and a few other cursors but nor Win32 nor Wince does show any cursor change. I want to show (under WinCE) the standard 'wait' cursor. How ? --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

Chrome
An impression of the game as based on my experience with the single-player demo and website info, as the full game isn't released here until October 17. GOOD POINTS: To start with, something that is particularly topical: An excellent framerate, even with all visual options set to full. ^_- Huge, well-detailed outdoor areas, with hills, rivers, detailed plantlife, shafts of light in dense forests, swaying groundcover, etc. Not quite up to the level of Gothic 2's astoundingly realistic plantwork, but certainly still very attractive. The interior of the outpost in the demo is function...

wxwindow inside wxwindow
Hi, I need to bind a wxwindow inside another wxwindow, I'm sure it's possible to do that, but how? I've tried with wxBoxSizer, but the second window doesn't appear binded to the first. Thank's for any help. Regards. -- Riccardo Corona --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hmmm, okay I'll try to make my problem a little more concrete. Problem: My program calculations (which are called by ...

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

Deploy to web server ( soft-sys )
I would like to run my script on a web server that I do not have root access with (i.e. cannot install anything). My script reads an image (from a given URL), uses some Image Processing Toolbox functions, then writes the image. No user input/output is needed and no GUI functionality, just file I/O. I have been playing with a simple hello-world script and the Compiler Toolbox, and I have been trying to run the resulting binaries from ssh on the web server (Linux environment), but what I am seeing is that the MCR must be installed to the deployed machine. Hopefully I am wrong about this, becaus...

cached cursor
I am preparing a series of presentations for our developers, to give them some 'best practices.' The first of these is based on Tom Kyte's demonstation of the impact of using (or not using!) bind variables. I have the demo and presentation put together, but there are some areas where I anticipate questions for which I don't quite have the depth of understanding to provide adequate answers. Of particular concern is the discussion of avoiding soft parses by using cursor caching. Think I understand the principles, and of course have Kyte's example in PL/SQL. However most ...

computer 2008 model for soft ware sys..
wf fefh dfkl http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g906725-pmem ...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr?
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/2014 7:51 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: in 4 different threads > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > fileno() in not supported. Is it only in 3.1? What is the workaround? > io.UnsupportedOperation: fileno > How to give a file descriptor number to this function? How to get a file descriptor number? Satish, you are acting like the variety of troll called a Help Vampire. One of the symptoms is hogging the newsgroup by starting multiple threads a da...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? #2
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/14 7:54 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > You don't seem to be reading any of the responses you are getting. At the very least, you don't seem to be understanding them, or engaging with the authors. You are misbehaving on this list. Everyone else: I recommend that people stop responding. Satish seems unlikely to improve. -- Ned Batchelder, http://nedbatchelder.com ...

To Use a Cursor or to Not Use a Cursor
I need to loop through a set of records to build a string. I can do this without using a cursor by inserting the records into a temporary table with an identity column. Count the number of records in the temporary table and loop though the table selecting the values and building the string where the identity column = the loop number. Is this more or less efficient than just using a cursor? If so why is it more or less efficient? Please explain in detail Thank You, Jim Lewis j_jim_lewis@hotmail.com (Jim Lewis) wrote in message news:<78151299.0307151405.7a0ae77@posting.google.com>.....

wxWindow::Update or wxWindow::Refresh?
Documentation says: wxWindow::Update .... Use Refresh first if you want to immediately redraw the window unconditionally. wxWindow::Refresh .... if you need to update the window immediately you should use Update instead. I have a loop that reads in a file line at a time and does some processing with each line. After each line I would like to return to the event loop so the rest of the application can run and just have a progress indicator somewhere letting the user know how long until the file is done being processed. I am assuming this isn't the proper way to process a...

REF cursors vs. cursors
With cursors I could define a lot of my queries in the package specification. This is a convenient way to put queries in one place. The parameterized cursor idea is nice too. Plus it helps in not writing the same query many times throughout the code. What if I would like to do a similar thing, but I need to use REF CURSORS strictly for the ability to be able to pass the ref cursor to a procedure. What's the preferred way of defining queries when using REF CURSORS if I wanted to have a similar effect? For example: Would it be feasible to define many VARCHAR2s that represent queries in...

Web resources about - wxBitmapButton with halo from cursor - comp.soft-sys.wxwindows