wxSTC: New text selection not possible within selected text

A rather annoying effect, when I want to start a new text selection
within an already selected text nothing happens. I first have to
deselect the text (by clicking outside of the selected text) and then
can set a new overlapping selection. SciTe doesn't have this problem so
it must be either in wxSTC or wxWindows.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://wxguide.sourceforge.net/" for ideas how to design your app.
0

otto.wyss@bluewin.ch:
> A rather annoying effect, when I want to start a new text selection
> within an already selected text nothing happens. I first have to
> deselect the text (by clicking outside of the selected text) and then
> can set a new overlapping selection. SciTe doesn't have this problem so
> it must be either in wxSTC or wxWindows.

Are you sure ? I checked latest SciTe under WIN32 and you can't start new
selection within previous selection - it starts drag&drop mode instead =
(thought
there can be a switch for this I don't know). And moreover it is =
'standard'
behavior under WIN32 - MS Word, MS Notepad and most of text editors works=
 this
way here.

ABX

abx
7/8/2003 6:06:05 AM
ABX <abx@abx.art.pl> wrote:

> > A rather annoying effect, when I want to start a new text selection
> > within an already selected text nothing happens. I first have to
>
> Are you sure ? I checked latest SciTe under WIN32 and you can't start new
> selection within previous selection - it starts drag&drop mode instead
> (thoughtthere can be a switch for this I don't know). And moreover it is
> 'standard'behavior under WIN32 - MS Word, MS Notepad and most of text
> editors works this way here.

I just checked notepad (WindowsNT) = okay, SciTe (1.53) = partial (it
releases the selection but only after mouse is released), my editor with
wxSTC = not okay. Whatever I do within the selected text (click hold,
short click, double click) nothing happens.

On Windows MSWord probably sets the standard short click = extend
selection to sentence, click hold = click drag = enter drag mode, double
click = deselect and select again.

For a task where wxSTC makes sence the standard behaviour for clicking
inside selected text should be like:

- short click = deselect text and set the cursor at click position (same
as unselected text).
- click hold = enter drag mode if possible, else ditto short click and
start a new selection
- double click = extend selection to word, if already word to line, etc.

BBedit on the Mac does this.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://wxguide.sourceforge.net/" for ideas how to design your app.
0
otto

How to select all texts of the document of the format of the selected text?
Hi,i have selected a text of the document with the specified font face, color and size in MS Word 2000. Now , I want to select all the relevant texts from the entire document with the same format(face,color and size) as of the selected text. so Is there any method or shortcut to do this op.? Not really. You have to "walk" the document checking the styles as you go along. And You have to watch out for cases where the style changes in the middle of a word (!) and code accordingly to get the desired results. chetan26nov@gmail.com wrote: > Hi,i have selected a text of the documen...

How to highlight (change background color) of selected text within a text area
I want to create a functionality to be able to highlight - change background color - of selected text in a text area. I also want to capture all of the selected text for further processing. If this is not possible in a textarea, then I use another element (like a <DIV>) basically I need to ba able to highlight multiple sections of a text and then display all of the highlighted text somewhere else. ...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to hi...

Selecting text so it STAYS selected.
I have a textarea and some buttons. The buttons apply functions to the text the user selects, i.e. the good old "wrap with a tag" thing we all have seen in 100 different editors. Trouble is, when I click the button, the selected text gets unselected. Select some text in the textbox and click -anywhere- and the text unselects. I want that text to stay selected! Don't you? How? "Razzbar" wrote > I have a textarea and some buttons. The buttons apply functions to > the text the user selects, i.e. the good old "wrap with a tag" > thing we all have...

is it possible to select cases based on text within a string variable?
Hi, I'm going to be doing analysis on the results of a survey; there are about 10,000 records (and over 500 fields, but that's another story). The survey contained a few write-in boxes and we've had the keypunch operators capture these write-ins; we specified that if there were words that they couldn't decipher, they should just type a question mark (there's a lot of medical terminology that the average person wouldn't necessarily understand). In some cases, all that's contained in the field is a question mark, but in other cases there will be one or m...

Deleting selected text from text area
I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to find how to delete text from a selected text Area. I'm a beginner in Java Netbeans. So go easy! This is what I tried but its not happening. int start = 0, end = 1; while ( start < end ) { start = SpeechText.getSelectionStart(); end = SpeechText.getSelectionEnd(); if ( start != end ) remove( SpeechText.getText() ); } tom79l@googlemail.com wrote: > I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to find how to > delete text from a selected text Area. > > I'm a beginn...

Text bind command not selecting text
I am putting together a small report editor and need some help with the following problem. I would like the user to type in some text and then later be able to select either all of it or a portion of it for formatting (ie. centering, bold, italic,etc.) by typing in a command like Ctrl-A. The following code is what I came up for this process but for some reason the text does not get selected. Can someone tell why this code doesn't work? ################################################################ # use strict ; use Tk ; use Tk::NoteBook ; my $fTab ; my $mw = MainW...

How to change a range selection to text selection?
Hi, i created an editable html container and select a single image within this container. if (document.selection.type == "Control") { var x = document.selection.createRange(); } Now I want to replace this control selection with pasteHTML... which won't work as the selection is not text type. Is there a command to change my control selection to a text selection? Thank you Loebb ...

trying to disable a text input field when a particular select list option is selected in a select field but this code has no effect

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

Using Control-a to select all text in a text widget
I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the text in a widget just like the default Control-/ binding does. I've tried: ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] But [.t bind <Control-/>] returns nothing. If I do: ..t bind <Control-/> {puts "Selecting all"} ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] When I hit Control-/ I get at the prompt "Selecting all" and all the text is selected. But when I hit Control-a all I get is the "Selecting all" at the prompt and no text is selected. I've als...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Select and get text from Edit text filed
Hi, I need to make a simple text editor in matlab gui. I want is the user to be able to select part of the text he had typed and make the fontweight bold. I don't know how to get the selected text. Can you give me some clues? Thanks. ...

Can JavaScript select text in a text-field?
Hi, I would like to have a text-field (in html form) with a selected text. In other words, it user loads the form, he/she can see a text in the text field (this text should explain what should be put in the text field). It is convenient to have a selected text, so that it user start to write something in the text filed the selected text will be immediately deleted. Thank you in advance for any help. On 2009-01-20 02:07, Kurda Yon wrote: > I would like to have a text-field (in html form) with a selected text. You can use fieldElement.focus() and fieldElement.select(). - Conrad ...

Web resources about - wxSTC: New text selection not possible within selected text - comp.soft-sys.wxwindows

Selection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cricket: ACT Comets selection trial unearths young talent pushing for Futures League spots
... Creek Molonglo fast bowler Joe Slater (3-31) also stood up, catching the attention of Comets senior coach Kyle Piper. "Each of the selection ...

Jury selection to begin for Tim Bosma murder trial
Jury selection is set to begin today in Hamilton at the trial of two men accused in the death of Tim Bosma. Police say Bosma left his home on ...

Lloyd Carr Among 4 Named to College Football Playoff Selection Committee - Bleacher Report
Four new members were appointed to the College Football Playoff selection committee Thursday, including former University of Michigan head coach ...

Jeff Long no longer chair of College Football Playoff Selection Committee
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long's tenure as chairman of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee will end after two seasons.

Selection of Awesome Russian Jets from 2015
Russian photographer and a blogger, Mike S., decided to post his best shots of the previous year and it came out to be pretty brilliant collection. ...

Jury selection set in fatal 2014 Bourbon Street gunfight - Fox News
A trial is scheduled to begin in New Orleans for the only person arrested following a 2014 gunfight on Bourbon Street that left a bystander dead ...

Jury Selection Starts in Prison Contraband Drone Case
Jury selection is underway for the trial of a Maryland man accused of planning to use a drone to fly drugs, tobacco and pornography into a maximum-security ...

Lloyd Carr, Rob Mullens, Jeff Bower, Herb Deromedi named to College Football Playoff selection committee ...
Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr, Oregon AD Rob Mullens, ex-Southern Miss coach Jeff Bower and former Central Michigan coach Herb Deromedi will ...

2016 Pro Bowl Roster & Teams: Full Draft Selections
Who is playing in the Pro Bowl and for which team?