difference between computer engineering and software engineering

I'm going to college I'm trying to pick my major and wanted to know
what's the difference between computer engineering and software
engineering?

0
svega85 (3)
7/27/2007 6:49:11 PM
comp.software-eng 4494 articles. 1 followers. editor (304) is leader. Post Follow

Responding to Svega85...

> I'm going to college I'm trying to pick my major and wanted to know
> what's the difference between computer engineering and software
> engineering?

Some people use them synonymously. But Computer Engineering should refer
to hardware side of CS (i.e., the design and construction of computers).

*************
There is nothing wrong with me that could
not be cured by a capful of Drano.

H. S. Lahman
hsl@pathfindermda.com
Pathfinder Solutions
http://www.pathfindermda.com
blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman
"Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development".  Email
info@pathfindermda.com for your copy.
Pathfinder is hiring:
http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php.
(888)OOA-PATH

0
h.lahman (3600)
7/28/2007 3:05:21 PM
so it's the same as a hardware engineer?

On Jul 28, 8:05 am, "H. S. Lahman" <h.lah...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Responding to Svega85...
>
> > I'm going to college I'm trying to pick my major and wanted to know
> > what's the difference between computer engineering and software
> > engineering?
>
> Some people use them synonymously. But Computer Engineering should refer
> to hardware side of CS (i.e., the design and construction of computers).
>
> *************
> There is nothing wrong with me that could
> not be cured by a capful of Drano.
>
> H. S. Lahman
> h...@pathfindermda.com
> Pathfinder Solutionshttp://www.pathfindermda.com
> blog:http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman
> "Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development".  Email
> i...@pathfindermda.com for your copy.
> Pathfinder is hiring:http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php.
> (888)OOA-PATH

0
svega85 (3)
7/29/2007 7:23:23 AM
Responding to Svega85...

> so it's the same as a hardware engineer?

It is a very narrow specialization of hardware engineer. In hybrid
systems the hardware can be virtually anything from a washing machine
controller to a lunar lander.

*************
There is nothing wrong with me that could
not be cured by a capful of Drano.

H. S. Lahman
hsl@pathfindermda.com
Pathfinder Solutions
http://www.pathfindermda.com
blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman
"Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development".  Email
info@pathfindermda.com for your copy.
Pathfinder is hiring:
http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php.
(888)OOA-PATH

0
h.lahman (3600)
7/29/2007 2:23:47 PM
oh, well thanks for the help

On Jul 29, 7:23 am, "H. S. Lahman" <h.lah...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Responding to Svega85...
>
> > so it's the same as a hardware engineer?
>
> It is a very narrow specialization of hardware engineer. In hybrid
> systems the hardware can be virtually anything from a washing machine
> controller to a lunar lander.
>
> *************
> There is nothing wrong with me that could
> not be cured by a capful of Drano.
>
> H. S. Lahman
> h...@pathfindermda.com
> Pathfinder Solutionshttp://www.pathfindermda.com
> blog:http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman
> "Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development".  Email
> i...@pathfindermda.com for your copy.
> Pathfinder is hiring:http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php.
> (888)OOA-PATH

0
svega85 (3)
7/30/2007 7:54:17 AM
On Jul 29, 7:23 am, "H. S. Lahman" <h.lah...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Responding to Svega85...
>
> > so it's the same as a hardware engineer?
>
> It is a very narrow specialization of hardware engineer. In hybrid
> systems the hardware can be virtually anything from a washing machine
> controller to a lunar lander.

There is no such thing as "hardware engineer" :-)

Computer engineers usually have wider specialization as it combines
computer science and electrical engineering. (i.e. electronics). I'd
go for computer engineer. If you happen to go to college that offers
"software engineering" make sure it will move you towards PE
(Professional Engineer) license otherwise you really aren't going to
be any kind of engineer. Fact is that in many states in US "software
engineer" does not have to be licensed engineer to be called "software
engineer", so make sure that college don't scam you on this tricky
naming games. So, again I think "engineer" means license.

Alexei.

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:06:17 -0700, Alexei Polkhanov
<apolkhanov@relic.com> wrote:

>On Jul 29, 7:23 am, "H. S. Lahman" <h.lah...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Responding to Svega85...
>>
>> > so it's the same as a hardware engineer?
>>
>> It is a very narrow specialization of hardware engineer. In hybrid
>> systems the hardware can be virtually anything from a washing machine
>> controller to a lunar lander.
>>
>There is no such thing as "hardware engineer" :-)

You are correct, they are called Electrical Engineers.

>Computer engineers usually have wider specialization as it combines
>computer science and electrical engineering. (i.e. electronics). I'd
>go for computer engineer. If you happen to go to college that offers
>"software engineering" make sure it will move you towards PE
>(Professional Engineer) license otherwise you really aren't going to
>be any kind of engineer.

Huh?  What are you talking about?  A college that will 'move you
towards PE'?

A PE is a person who has an engineering degree from an ABET accredited
school, that takes and passes the EIT test, gains work knowledge, then
takes and passes the PE test.

Have a look at http://www.nspe.org/

In my 28 year embedded career, I have worked with *zero* PE's.  Most
PE's I know work in building construction.

I am an Electrical Engineer.  I studied Analog and Digital hardware
design as well as some assembly language programming.  I took higher
level software programming classes as electives.  Had I stayed in
school one more semester and took a few more software electives, I
would have graduated with a EE/CE double major.

Computer Engineers did not have to take Analog design and took more
high level software classes.

> Fact is that in many states in US "software
>engineer" does not have to be licensed engineer to be called "software
>engineer", so make sure that college don't scam you on this tricky
>naming games. So, again I think "engineer" means license.

"Engineer" does not mean license in most states.  I recall several
years ago that Texas either required or was going to require a PE to
put 'Engineer' in your job title.

I don't think colleges will  "scam you on this tricky naming game".
They offer degrees.  Ask if your state required

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.2zars.com
0
Wayne
8/2/2007 10:25:15 AM
"Wayne Woodruff" <wayne@2zars.com> wrote in message

> In my 28 year embedded career, I have worked with *zero* PE's.  Most
> PE's I know work in building construction.

As you state later in your post, the PE is a state-administered thing.
Different states offer PE licenses for different specialties, and provide
differing incentives for getting licensed.  I suspect your odds of
encountering a PE would be more related to the states in which you worked,
than the length of your career.

That being said, while I can see an embedded engineer as being a specialty
that cries out for licensing, I have never encountered a PE in the business,
either.

Responding to Polkhanov...

>>>so it's the same as a hardware engineer?
>>
>>It is a very narrow specialization of hardware engineer. In hybrid
>>systems the hardware can be virtually anything from a washing machine
>>controller to a lunar lander.
>>

> There is no such thing as "hardware engineer" :-)

That's not the practice in any company that build hybrid systems that I
know of. As Woodruff points out, the term is technically synonymous with
EE. However, in shops doing hybrid development a large fraction of the
software developers usually have EE degrees. So the distinction is made
between those working on hardware and those working on software.

*************
There is nothing wrong with me that could
not be cured by a capful of Drano.

H. S. Lahman
hsl@pathfindermda.com
Pathfinder Solutions
http://www.pathfindermda.com
blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman
"Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development".  Email
info@pathfindermda.com for your copy.
Pathfinder is hiring:
http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php.
(888)OOA-PATH

0
h.lahman (3600)
8/2/2007 3:45:55 PM

> > Fact is that in many states in US "software
> >engineer" does not have to be licensed engineer to be called "software
> >engineer", so make sure that college don't scam you on this tricky
> >naming games. So, again I think "engineer" means license.
>
> "Engineer" does not mean license in most states.  I recall several
> years ago that Texas either required or was going to require a PE to
> put 'Engineer' in your job title.

"Engineer" does mean license everywhere (EU, Canada, US,
Australia ...) for most engineering disciplines (chemical, mechanical,
electrical ....). There is common misconception about "Software
Engineer" because sometimes plain software developers given title of
Software Engineer and you right that would be legal in most states in
U.S. except Texas and few others. However things change ...

Alexei.

In article <1186081364.151642.217630@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Alexei Polkhanov <apolkhanov@relic.com> writes

>> > Fact is that in many states in US "software
>> >engineer" does not have to be licensed engineer to be called "software
>> >engineer", so make sure that college don't scam you on this tricky
>> >naming games. So, again I think "engineer" means license.
>>
>> "Engineer" does not mean license in most states.  I recall several
>> years ago that Texas either required or was going to require a PE to
>> put 'Engineer' in your job title.
>
>"Engineer" does mean license everywhere (EU, Canada, US,
>Australia ...) f

It most certainly does NOT which is a pity and some of us in the UK are
campaigning for the Term Engineer to be licensed but it is an up hill
struggle

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\

chris32 (3361)
8/7/2007 6:34:09 PM
In article <1185562151.243493.31000@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
"svega85@gmail.com" <svega85@gmail.com> writes
>I'm going to college I'm trying to pick my major and wanted to know
>what's the difference between computer engineering and software
>engineering?

You will have to ask the collages concerned what they teach in the
courses.

You may find that  some computer science course will be the same as a
computer engineering or software engineering somewhere else.

Look at anything that has computing or software in the name and compare
the actual syllabus.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\

chris32 (3361)

Is software engineer an engineer?
I just had an argument with my friend, and he is a civil engineer, and he argued that software engineer is not a real engineer, because software engineer doesn't require to have certification or license to do the task. In other engineering, they should take PE exams to get licenses. I think the underlying question is how do we define engineer? Software is engineered, and not manufactured. And I think person who construct software should be considered as an engineer. Please advise and discuss. Thanks!! Matt wrote: > I just had an argument with my friend, and he is a civil engineer, and > he argued that software engineer is not a real engineer, because > software engineer doesn't require to have certification or license > to do the task. In other engineering, they should take PE exams > to get licenses. I think the underlying question is how do we > define engineer? Software is engineered, and not manufactured. And > I think person who construct software should be considered as > an engineer. > > Please advise and discuss. Thanks!! This is a very common argument, and you and your friend need to find things to argue about that don't cause endless threads here. Suffice to say, software engineers are not civil. Engineers. -- Phlip http://industrialxp.org/community/bin/view/Main/TestFirstUserInterfaces Phlip wrote: > Matt wrote: > > >>I just had an argument with my friend, and he is a civil engineer, and >...

HCL Technologies:Software Engineer/Senior software Engineer ..:: JobMaguz Update ::..
...:: Job Update from JobMaguz ::.. Today's Highlighted Job: HCL Technologies:Software Engineer/Senior software Engineer http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=981&cycle=1 26 jobs posted today in JobMaguz Jobs posted today: Freshers Section HCL Technologies:Software Engineer/Senior software Engineer http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=981&cycle=1 Willis Trinity recruits Freshers (ITES) http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=980&cycle=1 INTERNET PROTOCOL ENGG [Telecom Software] - ZTE Corporation http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=978&cycle=1 Plexus Microelectronics Pte Ltd http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=977&cycle=1 Saviance Technologies http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=975&cycle=1 More: www.jobmaguz.com/freshers.aspx Experienced Section Ansys Fluent India Pvt. Ltd http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewExperiencedJobs.aspx?jobid=985&cycle=1 Keane:Support Professionals http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewExperiencedJobs.aspx?jobid=984&cycle=1 PTC Software India Pvt Ltd http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewExperiencedJobs.aspx?jobid=982&cycle=1 Siyaram Silk Mills Ltd http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewExperiencedJobs.aspx?jobid=979&cycle=1 i-flex Solutions - 13th Sept 2007 - Mumbai - Oracle Pl/SQL http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewExperiencedJobs.aspx?jobid=965&cycle=1 More: www.jobmaguz.com/experienced.aspx Referral Section More: www.jobmaguz.com/referrals.aspx...

HCL Technologies:Software Engineer/Senior software Engineer ..:: JobMaguz Update ::..
...:: Job Update from JobMaguz ::.. Today's Highlighted Job: HCL Technologies:Software Engineer/Senior software Engineer http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=981&cycle=1 26 jobs posted today in JobMaguz Jobs posted today: Freshers Section HCL Technologies:Software Engineer/Senior software Engineer http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=981&cycle=1 Willis Trinity recruits Freshers (ITES) http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs.aspx?jobid=980&cycle=1 INTERNET PROTOCOL ENGG [Telecom Software] - ZTE Corporation http://www.jobmaguz.com/viewFresherJobs...

(203) US-CT-Fairfield County: Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer (41321)
********************************************************************** This job posting is brought to you by ISHUNTER.COM, offering computer jobs for programmers, engineers, systems analysts, network administrators and other high technology professionals. Search over 3,000 IS/IT jobs in the United States by clicking on http://www.ISHunter.com ********************************************************************** Title ...... Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer Skills ..... jsp java microsoft vb asp com mts sql oracle Location ... Fairfield County, CT Area Cod...

US-VA: Herndon-Software Engineer 3
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Software Engineer 3 - Computer Software Components Job Location: VA: Herndon Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-20 Company Name: The Boeing Company Contact: HR Phone: email o...

Software Engineer ? Software Developer
So I'm surfing through the job listings for computer jobs and I see requests for software engineers and requests for software developers. What exactly is the difference? Is a software developer a sub set of a software engineering? Can you be a software engineer and not a software developer or vice versa? Cathy -- Cathy Roberts cdroberts0-blue@yahoo.com Cathy Roberts wrote: > So I'm surfing through the job listings for computer jobs and I see requests > for software engineers and requests for software developers. What exactly > is the difference? Is a software developer a sub set of a software > engineering? Can you be a software engineer and not a software developer > or vice versa? The difference is roughly rank. Given these titles... Senior Software X Associate Software Y ....the value of X is more typically "Engineer", and Y is more typically "Developer". ("Associate" is, of course, a euphemism for "Junior".) Ideally, the title should only end with "Engineer". This is because everyone should be expected to participate in applying science and technology to help create efficient solutions. The regulars who couldn't resist clicking on my post are waiting with baited breath for me to point out the following: I like to tell newbies that the best way to engineer software is to write lots of tests as you write the code. Seek a job that does not somehow divide coding from test...

US-MD: Annapolis Junction-Computer Engineer/Software Engineer #2
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Computer Engineer/Software Engineer Job Location: MD: Annapolis Junction Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-17 Company Name: BAE Systems Contact: Human Resources Phone: email...

software engineering is distinct (recognizably different in nature) from other types of engineering in number of ways, discuss..
Hi every one, am in to a serious discussion with you.. i hop you all with me.. Discuss in detail how software engineering is distinct(recognizably different in nature) from other types of engineering in number of ways.. suziperu@gmail.com writes: >Hi every one, am in to a serious discussion with you.. i hop you all >with me.. >Discuss in detail how software engineering is distinct(recognizably >different in nature) from other types of engineering in number of >ways.. Homework? Responding to Suziperu... > Discuss in detail how software engineering is distinct(recognizably > different in nature) from other types of engineering in number of > ways.. These forums do not exist to do your homeowrk for you. Doing it yourself is part of the learning process. ************* There is nothing wrong with me that could not be cured by a capful of Drano. H. S. Lahman hsl@pathfindermda.com Pathfinder Solutions http://www.pathfindermda.com blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman "Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development". Email info@pathfindermda.com for your copy. Pathfinder is hiring: http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php. (888)OOA-PATH On Mon, 07 May 2007 15:02:55 GMT, "H. S. Lahman" <h.lahman@verizon.net> wrote: >Responding to Suziperu... > >> Discuss in detail how software engineering is distinct(recognizably >> different in nature) from other types of engi...

UPDATE: SC Workshop
Hi all, As the workshop deadline is approaching (August 23), I wanted to let people= know that I am able to award some small travel grants to increase broad an= d diverse participation in the workshop. If you are interested in applying = for travel support, please complete the application online (https://univers= ityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=3DSV_d7pQW01iaFHxeRv). Note that preference will be given to applicants from scientific/engineerin= g disciplines, authors of submitted papers, and members of underrepresented= groups (as defined by NSF). Of course, other applicants...

PRISE
Hello all, Try this custom search engine and let me know your feedback @ http://guptabs.blogspot.com http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=003453698661311018511%3Ahg2yhtikzzw regards Gupta ...

PRISE
Hello all, Try this custom search engine and let me know your feedback @ http://guptabs.blogspot.com http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=003453698661311018511%3Ahg2yhtikzzw regards Gupta ...

Software Fundamentals: the New Blog on Software Engineering
Let's visit the new blog on software engineering http://www.software-fundamentals.com/. Wating for your comments, ideas, and experiences. Miguel Lopez Algorismi http:www.algorismi.com ...

PRISE
Hello all, Try this custom search engine and let me know your feedback @ http://guptabs.blogspot.com http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=003453698661311018511%3Ahg2yhtikzzw regards Gupta ...

Senior Software Engineers and Software Development Managers Needed
Amazon.com will conduct in-person interviews in Austin, TX on June 16, 2004. These interviews are by invitation only. If you are interested in attending, please send your resume to the email address listed below. Thanks! Did you know that Amazon.com has hundreds of software engineers working on some of the most interesting technical challenges on the planet? Amazon.com, headquartered in beautiful Seattle, is looking for exceptional software engineers to join its growing technology organization. Our engineering team works on tough technical problems that engage and stretch thei...

Senior Software Engineer
A Detroit area company which is a world class leader in telematics needs a Senior Software Engineer. Salary $70-$80K depending on experience. Local candidates only. No relo available. Green card or U.S. citizenship required. SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS Reports to: Software Manager Supervises: No direct reports. May supervise engineering product development. BASIC FUNCTION Responsible for object-oriented, embedded system software product development including writing software requirements, analysis, software design, software implementation, and testing. ESSENTIAL DUTIES 1. Performs object-orie...

Senior Software Engineers and Software Development Managers Needed
Amazon.com will conduct in-person interviews in Austin, TX on June 16, 2004. These interviews are by invitation only. If you are interested in attending, please send your resume to the email address listed below. Thanks! Did you know that Amazon.com has hundreds of software engineers working on some of the most interesting technical challenges on the planet? Amazon.com, headquartered in beautiful Seattle, is looking for exceptional software engineers to join its growing technology organization. Our engineering team works on tough technical problems that engage and stretch thei...

Can a Software QA Engineer become Software Architect
Hi All, I'm hearing lots about software architect. I'm interested to know more about it. Im currently working as a Software QA Engineer. I would Like to know if i can reach the carreer profile of Software Architect with QA being my current Job Profile. Please Let me know Regarding this. Have a Good Day. Regards, Idris Even accountants and lawyers can become with dedication and passion. But what does this have to do with java ? ...

Software Design Engineer
Title: Software Design Engineer - .NET Engineer Skills: Software Designing, .NET, SQL, XML, HTML, Visual Studio, bug tracking Trinity Consultancy Services is seeking applications from qualified and experienced software engineers with above skills for various requirements with their Clients Required Skills: * Software Design Engineer,.NET Engineer, SQL, XML, HTML, Visual Studio, bug tracking * 4+ years .NET development * Bachelors Degree * C# / C++ / JAVA programming expertise * Wed Design using HTML/DHTML/JAVASCRIPT * Ability to work within deadlines * Design and develop software based on project requirements * Work within the scope of customer needs * Software Maintenance, test and fix * Continually stay up to date on leading technology Trinity Consultancy Services is a leading source of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Experts that corporations of all sizes turn to, from Global 2000 corporations to mid-sized and small organizations nationwide. With the commitment to excellence, is subtly managed to find, recruit, screen, submit and effectively organize a technical workforce anywhere in the United States for various Technical needs of corporation irrespective of its size. Trinity Consultancy Services is one of its unique kind of the leading information technology consulting services, and business process outsourcing organizations committed for excellence. Trinity provides business consulting, systems integration, application development, staffing serv...

Software Engineer
Hi I am making a research on Software Engineer. Do any of you know any good site that has a lot of information related to Software Engineer? Any help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Ely "Ely" <visualkidnet@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:daab7e2a.0402060452.764670aa@posting.google.com... Ely > I am making a research on Software Engineer. Do any of you know any > good site that has a lot of information related to Software Engineer? you can find useful links at: http://polaris.umuc.edu/~skerby/help/wbib_swe.htm HTH -- Marco Ely wrote: > I am making a research on Software Engineer. Do any of you know any > good site that has a lot of information related to Software Engineer? > Any help, I would really appreciate it. But what would you do with a Software Engineer if you had one? -- Dorothy Try the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge: http://www.swebok.org/ and download the public draft version. "Ely" <visualkidnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:daab7e2a.0402060452.764670aa@posting.google.com... > Hi > > I am making a research on Software Engineer. Do any of you know any > good site that has a lot of information related to Software Engineer? > Any help, I would really appreciate it. > > Thanks, > Ely On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 04:52:53 -0800, Ely wrote: > I am making a research on Software Engineer. Do any of you know any > good site that has a lot of informat...

What do you do as a software engineer?
Hello, I'm currently enrolled in software engineering at Mohawk College in ontario, canada and I'm wondering what you do at your job? Comp-sci is a pretty broad field, but I'm having trouble getting an idea of what you do for the companies yoru work for or where I could possibly end up career-wise in a few years. Hello, On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:35:58 UTC, Susan.MKLau@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, I'm currently enrolled in software engineering at Mohawk College > in ontario, canada and I'm wondering what you do at your job? Comp-sci > is a pretty broad field, but I'm having trouble getting an idea of what > you do for the companies yoru work for or where I could possibly end up > career-wise in a few years. If you have some free time, try to contact a local company and spend some time with them. Ideally they should be involved in some engineering aspect and perhaps computer related. Actually spending time with someone and asking questions is a good way to learn. You can even visit a group on campus. It is a very good idea to understand what your opportunities your chosen career might offer. I grew up with an engineering and computer background and graduated many years ago. While I started out performing application work I quickly graduated to more complex tasks. I've been in the telecom, medical, military, and operating system disciplines. An engineering approach is very good for my tasks because the products I choose to...

Int J of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering
International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering Vol. 13, No. 6 (December 2003) View table-of-contents and abstracts at http://www.worldscinet.com/ijseke.html Contents: Special Issue: Data Mining in Bioinformatics Guest Editor: Phoebe Y.-P. Chen Guest Editor's Introduction Yi-Ping Phoebe Chen Model-Based Clustering In Gene Expression Microarrays: An Application To Breast Cancer Data J. C. Mar and G. J. Mclachlan Data Mining For Gene Expression Profiles From Dna Microarray Sung-Bae Cho And Hong-Hee Won A Tool For Analyzing Magnetoencephalography-Data Based On ...

Software Engineer
Software Engineer - (Bachelors with 3 years experience or Associates with 5 years experience) - Portland, ME. Job entails and requires experience in design and development of applications using Oracle, SQL Server, Visual Basic, RUP, UML, SAP R/3, ABAP, J2EE and UNIX. Relocation within USA Possible. Attractive compensation package. Send resume to Manmeet Singh, The Evolvers Group, 480 Congress St., Portland, ME 04101. ...

Seeking grid-computing software engineer
[ Please forward this message to those who may be interested but not on this list. ] We are a small New Mexico company that recently received a US Government grant to develop a sophisticated grid-based application related to search, retrieval and processing of textual data from the Internet. To augment our text processing expertise we are looking to hire a software engineer to design and develop the grid infrastructure and services for this application. The right candidate will have current knowledge of and significant development experience in the following: Grid Services Web Ser...

software engineering
question: if software quality measure is no. of error per thousand lines,then its usefulness for developer and user? i shall be thank full to that kind person who will answer before 15th oct2004 question: why is reliability an external attribute of the software? list three internal product attributes that could sffect reliability. well i am doing mca i have to submit these ans as assignement rohit srivastava wrote: > if software quality measure is no. of error per thousand lines,then > its usefulness for developer and user? > i shall be thank full to that kind person who will answer before 15th > oct2004 Send us your professor's e-mail address, so we can send the answer directly to her or him. -- Phlip http://industrialxp.org/community/bin/view/Main/TestFirstUserInterfaces Phlip wrote: > rohit srivastava wrote: > > >>if software quality measure is no. of error per thousand lines,then >>its usefulness for developer and user? >>i shall be thank full to that kind person who will answer before 15th >>oct2004 > > > Send us your professor's e-mail address, so we can send the answer directly > to her or him. > :-) "rohit srivastava" <r9937@india.com> wrote in message news:d6826980.0410060850.40bf6b72@posting.google.com... > question: > if software quality measure is no. of error per thousand lines,then > its usefulness for developer and user? I suspect most quality profes...

Web resources about - difference between computer engineering and software engineering - comp.software-eng

History of chemical engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chemical engineering as a discipline is a little over one hundred years old. It grew out of mechanical engineering in the last part of the 19th ...

Engineering best outcome for student Mai Duong who missed scholarship by a whisker
Vietnamese student who'd dreamt of a perfect score has started at Monash University thanks to a benefactor who is staying under the radar.

Elon Musk hires Apple’s alloy expert to lead materials engineering at both Tesla and SpaceX
... the only executive dividing his time between Tesla and SpaceX since the CEO hired Apple’s alloy expert Charles Kuehmann to lead materials engineering ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Uber eyes driverless cars, Carbon Engineering turns CO2 into fuel
... , Rumormill , Videos , Tesla , Alternative Fuels , Emissions , Transportation Alternatives , Technology , Autonomous , Electric Carbon Engineering ...

The majority of teens do not want a career in engineering
Teens understand the importance of technology and engineering for the future of the world, but aren’t really interested in pursuing a career ...

7 tips to ace a final-stage engineering interview at Facebook, from a developer who conducts them
... one. The company has 13,000 employees across 64 offices, and continues to scale in size and ambition. If you'd like to join Facebook's engineering ...

Unwritten Rules of Management Started out in Engineering and Didn't End up Well for the CEO
It could have been worse for all involved. In early 2006, the Interwebs were abuzz with talk of a little booklet William H. Swanson, the then ...

The Nine Lives of QA in Software Engineering
... years, we need to reflect for a moment on where QA has been — especially with the dire predictions in recent years that QA in software engineering ...

One Photo Sums Up The Engineering Brilliance Of El Chapo’s 2015 Prison Break
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, in Las Vegas, began to display an exhibit as of March 1 dedicated ...

Tumblr Hires NYT Engineering Exec Brian Murphy As CTO
He plans to improve on the micro-blogging platform's mobile products. Tumblr has poached the VP of Engineering at the New York Times , Brian ...