Help Help Help

Hello,

I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally
download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP
and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a
link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the
chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question
marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally
downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called
"dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer?

This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can.

Thanks for your help.

Regina Pun
0
h974483 (11)
6/12/2004 7:55:06 AM
comp.software-eng 4494 articles. 1 followers. editor (304) is leader. Post Follow

Jerry Arzin wrote:

> This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can.

Sure we'll stop everything and start right away.
Do you want coffee as well?

Our rates start at $180 per hour.

gtoomey
0
nospam258 (239)
6/12/2004 2:34:10 PM
Gregory Toomey wrote:

> Jerry Arzin wrote:
>
>> This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can.
>
> Sure we'll stop everything and start right away.
> Do you want coffee as well?
>
> Our rates start at $180 per hour.
>
> gtoomey

Hey, I'll drop everything and make fun of him for only $50 per hour!

Dave
0
jdboyd (14)
6/12/2004 3:15:43 PM
Gregory Toomey <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<1154023.VsbNXCQAxi@GMT-hosting-and-pickle-farming>...
> Jerry Arzin wrote:
>
> > This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can.
>
> Sure we'll stop everything and start right away.
> Do you want coffee as well?
>
> Our rates start at $180 per hour.
>
> gtoomey

??????
0
h974483 (11)
6/13/2004 11:07:43 PM
Jerry Arzin <h974483@graduate.hku.hk> coughed up the following:
> Hello,
>
> I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally
> download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP
> and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a
> link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the
> chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question
> marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally
> downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called
> "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer?
>
> This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regina Pun

Run antiviral and spyware sweeps.  Both of which can be found easily for
free.

That would simply be my first step.  After that, I have no idea, sorry.

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

help help help
I need to refresh my C knowledge quickly. I will be reading code for simple industrial type controls like motor controllers, valve drivers, etc This software is pretty simple, 3000 lines max. The executable is embedded in flash on the processor chip. Actually I haven't seen it yet. I haven't looked at C or done any programming in ages. I'm looking for a simple programming suite that will run on my WinXP (NTFS) computer. Something that doesn't take really long to get up to speed with. Simple is better. I just need to practice and remember and do some simple experi...

Help! Help! Help!
My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to setup screen. I don't know how to try to isolate the problem. (Mother board, power supply etc.) Any suggestions? sogs wrote: > My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the > warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't > matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to > setup screen....

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error occurs when i compile the program: bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class class file contains wrong class: avi.Window Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath. Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72); ^ 1 error Process completed. We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory and set the classpath to it. The other problem is the book tells you how to set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path. Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but cant unt...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hello everyone, I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. Yours forever in Digital Paradise uSmAn could have typed what u wanted in google. "Usman" <game_pk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buobgo$kaacm$1@ID-217624.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello everyone, > I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used > C before eit...

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We are currently running R83 v3.1m (33 user) on an old 200 Mhz Pentium with 16Mb Mem and 2.x gif HD (the actual partition is smaller) We have run this for a number of years without ANY significant problems. Last week (just as my family was in the middle of "the move from Hell") the system decides to take a major dump. A bad link of some sort in the ABS area. THEN - the systems disks have disappeared. After much screaming and gnashing of teeth I got the system running again. OH! did I mention that the previous evenings file save tape was bad? Anyhow, the bottom line is that I REALLY need a set of 33 user 3.1m disks. Any Ideas/Help? I do have a 25 user version of r83 v3.1 (no 'm') with a monolith loader diskette (5.25) but it doesn't seem to hook up with the PICK diskettes (just keeps rebooting) If I can get a sister machine running with the 25 user - does anyone have any trick to bump it to 33 user. There must be just a byte or 2 in the ABS area that regulates # of users. Again - Help! Help! Help! Van PS: The reason we haven't upgraded is that I am using a 4GL called Envision that was written a long time ago and about half of it was done in assembler and won't run on any of the later version of PICK. I've been meaning to re-write it in Basic but it's a pretty daunting project. I'd get busy rewriting the software if I were you. If anyone actually has the disks, there's ...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

help! help!! help!!! me #2
if d^4y/dx^4+d^2y/dx^2=0 y(0)=0,d^y(0)=0,d^2y(15)=100,d^3y(15)=80 how can I get y "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote in message <fluj43$ii8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > if d^4y/dx^4+d^2y/dx^2=0 > y(0)=0,d^y(0)=0,d^2y(15)=100,d^3y(15)=80 > > how can I get y You don't say at what value of x you wish to know y. So I'll assume that you need y at x = 0. y = 0 HTH, John (By the way, you might get better responses if you used a descriptive subject line.) On Jan 7, 8:20=A0pm, "Jim lei" <redlightl...@mathworks.com> wrote: > ...

HELP HELP PLEASE HELP
i have written a slighly bastardized version of the class web page which is given as an example of how to use the html tokenizer. What I've written is: def parse(host) dict = { } @body= host.getHTML() if !@body return end theTags = ['select','input'] for x in theTags do tokenizer = HTMLTokenizer.new(@body) while tag = tokenizer.getTag(x) name = tag.attr_hash['name'] type = tag.attr_hash['type'] if name != nil then dict[type]=name ...

Help Help Help #2
Hello friends, We are using a clipper based application since last 10 years and is working on windows 2000 pc's. Now we wanted to upgrade to win XP or Vista and the clipper application does not work. Please reply me as how to run the applicaion on the latest verions of windows. Also we would like to convert up application to GUI based applicaiton with the same clippper based code. Look forward to your valuable replies. Regards, Kiran Babu K Kiran Define - 'does not work' Error numbers/codes/messages?? Have you started it from a DOS window (command line) to see if it reports any error messages to screen?? What versions - Clipper/Linker etc... What graphic libraries (if any) are you using?? Are the XP/Vista machines the same ones as the W2K machines (just upgraded the OS) or entirely new ones. Are you using the same path structure?? -- CYA Steve "Kiran" <reachkkb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ee0503ec-3bbe-4e6b-a65f-12e0fc59126c@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hello friends, > > We are using a clipper based application since last 10 years and is > working on windows 2000 pc's. Now we wanted to upgrade to win XP or > Vista and the clipper application does not work. Please reply me as > how to run the applicaion on the latest verions of windows. > > Also we would like to convert up application to GUI based applicaiton > with the same clippper based code. > > Look forward to your valuable replie...

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!
Hi Elena and everyone requesting help, Everyone on SAS-L either requests or provides help, so a subject line like HELP is completely meaningless. And so is a subject like SIMPLE NEWBIE QUESTION; first of all a newbie would not be able to decide the question to be simple (and whether a question or problem is simple or not does not matter at all), secondly questions are mostly posed by newbies (and being a newbie does not help getting a question answered more quickly) and thirdly it concerns questions which are being asked (that is trivial, but which question?). Other examples of nonsense subje...

HELP! HELP!
I am going to simulate a bicycle riding system, does anyone know how to use the simulink to set a scenario to assume the speed of bicycle and its crank rpm? and also, because I want to learn more about the way or applications that the simulink may function, could anyone give me a reference to get this kind of great book to read for this? "Johnny Chen" <chen_sjc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b00a5452.0403020731.4cec6973@posting.google.com... > I am going to simulate a bicycle riding system, does anyone know how > to use the simulink to set a scenario to assume the speed of bicycle > and its crank rpm? and also, because I want to learn more about the > way or applications that the simulink may function, could anyone give > me a reference to get this kind of great book to read for this? Read the documentation. It's very good. Come back when you can frame a specific question and post it with a meaningful subject line. - Ken ...

Help with help
Hi, I been attempting to implement Help in my Carbon app. I made a test html file in a "Help" folder and added it as a resource and I've fiddled with the plist stuff. I tried just using:- OSStatus AHGotoPage(CFStringRef bookname,CFStringRef path, CFStringRef anchor);It worked for a while then not any more, so I think I need to set the help book. OSStatus AHRegisterHelpBook (const FSRef * appBundleRef); How do I get the appBundleRef?Basically, what steps and in what order to I take to respond to the Help menu item?Thanks,Paul In article <42566244$0$30456$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, "pf" <paulfredlein@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote: > Hi, > > I been attempting to implement Help in my Carbon app. I made a test html > file in a "Help" folder and added it as a resource and I've fiddled with the > plist stuff. I tried just using:- > OSStatus AHGotoPage(CFStringRef bookname,CFStringRef path, CFStringRef > anchor);It worked for a while then not any more, so I think I need to set > the help book. > > OSStatus AHRegisterHelpBook (const FSRef * appBundleRef); > How do I get the appBundleRef?Basically, what steps and in what order to I > take to respond to the Help menu item?Thanks,Paul (void)CFURLGetFSRef(CFBundleCopyBundleURL(CFBundleGetMainBundle()), &myBundleRef); -- There's nothing quite li...

help help
latest update.... now installed readlists and make to auto load... but here is the error output... how do i resolve it? ( is it the position of the code..ie out of place?) make_all doesnt works at present... ....................................................... 1st trial -> : load 4mybot.p ;;; LOADING 4mybot.p ;;; DECLARING VARIABLE lists ;;; MISHAP - New list starts before old one finished ;;; INVOLVING: [ " then listread ( ) else readitem ( ) endif enduntil ;;; % ] -> database ; [ is animal ] [ dog is animal ] [ this is a test ;;; ] [ this is ...

Help help
I've built a departmental application and now I'm trying to draft a 'User guide'. As I was doing this (in PowerPoint), I decided that I would rather have a "Help" menu system or the traditional "F1" system, possibly bring up the respective .ppt topic. Can anyone point me to tutorials or examples of how to build a "Help" system? Thx... Earl "Earl Anderson" <isobadd@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4949d2c8$0$14316$607ed4bc@cv.net... > I've built a departmental application and now I'm trying to draft a 'User > guide'. As I was doing this (in PowerPoint), I decided that I would > rather have a "Help" menu system or the traditional "F1" system, possibly > bring up the respective .ppt topic. > > Can anyone point me to tutorials or examples of how to build a "Help" > system? > > Thx... > Earl > The usual way to do that is by using html pages with hyperlinks. MS FrontPage is pretty good provided that your users' browser is IE. Keith. www.keithwilby.co.uk ...

Help or is it help?
OK, what's the story between lower and upper case when using the Help search? If I type in canvas, I'll get words like canvas and Canvas. There's some sort of difference, since the display for each contains different topics. Titles vs body??? Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet -- "The only person that you can trust is someone who looks you in the eye, and says, '...

HELP, HELP...
Hi... If somebody here had a program in C++ that makes the NUMERIC CENTER please,, is this.... the numbers are separate in two parts 1,2,3,4,5 and the numeric center is 6,,, because, the next numbers 7and 8 give us 15. 1+2+3+4+5= 15 6 7+8= 15 ok THANKS AGAIN. Hey this program cannot be too hard to write. Here's an implementation I think would work: Assuming that the data is stored in an array and the array is already sorted in ascending order, I would have two nested for loops. The outer loop will step through the array and whichever number it is on ( i ), it is the potentia...

Help on Help
Although OA is definitely committed to not provide new help or other documentation for D5, (outside this newsgroup and paid help of course) would it be too difficult to supply a few simple redirection links so when I click in D5 on Help when online I automatically get the D4 help instead of: "The page cannot be found"? True Christian wrote: > Although OA is definitely committed to not provide new help or other > documentation for D5, (outside this newsgroup and paid help of course) would > it be too difficult to supply a few simple redirection links so when I ...

Help with help
Hi, It seems that Win Help is supported on XP but not on Vista. HTML help is supported on Vista but not on XP. What to do? (No, I don't want the end user to have to download/install another app to read the help files.) Can I use "ShellExecute" pointing to my index.html and be done with it? Any help appreciated. Regards, Paul On May 31, 10:23 am, paulfredl...@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au (Paul) wrote: > HTML help is supported on Vista but not on XP. Are you sure about this? The zeus.chm HTML help file work fine on my version of XP. Jussi Jumppanen ...

Help or is it help?
OK, what's the story between lower and upper case when using the Help search? If I type in canvas, I'll get words like canvas and Canvas. There's some sort of difference, since the display for each contains different topics. Titles vs body??? Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet -- "The only person that you can trust is someone who looks you in the eye, and says, '...

help
Is there an easier way to find what group a particular set of customizations can be found than (1) finding the source and looking for the defcust (2) going thru every top level group looking for it (hoping it isn't at level 3). For example I want to change how much scroll occurs when I move my mouse wheel. I do C-h k <wheel> and see: Scroll the window in which EVENT occurred by `mouse-wheel-scroll-amount'. Great. I know it's changable. But not how. So I go to `mouse-wheel-scroll-amount' and see: mouse-wheel-scroll-amount's value is 4 Documentation: *Number of lines to scroll per click of the mouse wheel. Defined in `term/w32-win'. I now know what it is but still don't know if it's in customize someplace and if so, where. -- Sent by rbielaws from i1 in field net This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header. Posted via http://www.usenet-replayer.com hi rick, "RB" == Rick Bielawski <u665222167@spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> writes: RB> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:22:33 GMT RB> RB> Is there an easier way to find what group a particular set of RB> customizations can be found than (1) finding the source and looking RB> for the defcust (2) going thru every top level group looking for it RB> (hoping it isn't at level 3). do you know the following commands ? customize-apropos Command: Customize all user options matching REGEXP. customize-apropo...

Web resources about - Help Help Help - comp.software-eng

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

We Know What ‘White-Shoe’ Firms Are, Help Us Figure Out Which Firms Are ‘White Sandal’
Take our survey . Help us describe the world that is West of the Hudson.

Do You Want To Help Put A NeoCon Administration Back Running The White House?
... a woman whose turn it is and aside from spurious and absurdist claims worthy of a House of Cards episode that she's dedicated her life to helping ...

Mondesi's 2 hits, 2 RBIs help Royals top Angels
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) — Top Royals prospect Raul Mondesi tripled, singled and drove in two runs as Kansas City beat the Los Angeles Angels 7-4 ...

Students design accessories to help children relate to robots
A mechanical babyfeeding arm and a soft dragon costume are among these products, designed by a trio of students to help the next generation adapt ...

Discovery Channel Telescope Helps Identify Incoming Comet
The Discovery Channel Telescope has played a key role in identifying what could be one component of a comet twin both expected to fly past Earth ...

Swings and suspension wire help make VR feel far more real
If you're obsessed with the rise and rise of virtual reality, the last few weeks have been busy. SXSW was followed by GDC, and both events made ...