Research

Folks,
I am in the middle of doing a research in the Engineering management
(software) and innovation areas. I know everybody gets tons of
questionnaires these days. I would like to hear from seriously
interested folks who work in small to large software firms who would
like to participate in this very short research. Once I hear from you
I can email you the questionnaire directly.

Typically I am interested in hearing from engineering/functional
managers, GMs, VPs etc. but also from Senior Engineers who are key
decision makers. Again, this is a very serious research and I can
return the entire research results once the analysis is done.

Thanks for considering this, and please let me know ASAP.

Appreciate your help.
-paachoo
0
paachoo (2)
6/27/2004 9:55:15 PM
comp.software-eng 4494 articles. 1 followers. editor (304) is leader. Post Follow

Software Pearls research
Dear Java Professional, When it comes to solving problems related to hashing collections (Hashtable, HashMap, HashSet, etc..), I have often been frustrated with the too generic nature of available tools, so, in time-honoured tradition, I founded a company to launch a tool targetting this very focussed area of Java programming: hashing containers.. their use and (all too often) abuse. Software Pearls BVBA is currently doing critical market research to ascertain what you, the Java professional, would expect to see in a tool with such a specialized focus. We've got a ve...

Research in Software Process
Hi, I want to do research in Software Process area..So, from where i can get issues related with this subject..and which one is the hot area to do research in this field..? -Bhavin Bhavin wrote: > I want to do research in Software Process area..So, from where i can > get issues related with this subject..and which one is the hot area to > do research in this field..? "Extreme Programming" is the hotest thing invented so far. Partly because authors like Tom DeMarco say "XP is the most important movement in our field today. I predict that it will be as essential to the present generation as the SEI and its CMM were to the last." And partly because whenever I tease people here about it a bunch of regulars start screaming at me. I'l be good! -- Phlip http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 17:23:52 GMT, "Phlip" <phlip_cpp@yahoo.com> wrote in comp.software-eng: > Bhavin wrote: > > > I want to do research in Software Process area..So, from where i can > > get issues related with this subject..and which one is the hot area to > > do research in this field..? > > "Extreme Programming" is the hotest thing invented so far. Partly because > authors like Tom DeMarco say "XP is the most important movement in our field > today. I predict that it will be as essential to the present generation as > the SEI and its CMM were to the last.&quo...

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ ...

Open Source Software Research
Dear Open Source Software Participant: You are invited to participate in a OSS research survey conducted by Professor Weiling Ke at Clarkson University and Professor Ping Zhang at Syracuse University. Currently, we are examining factors that motivate people's participation in the Open Source Software (OSS) community. Your response is critical to our research and will be highly appreciated! Here is a link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Kz7dhISrOW7hQOJBpr4ysA_3d_3d Thanks for your participation! Sincerely yours, Weiling Ke ...

[...]

Openings in Software testing research
Dear All, Hi, I am Ramzan working in Philips Research India - Bangalore. We are working in the area of software testing. I came to know through web that this group is actively involved in software testing research. We have openings in this particular field. I would like to know if there are opportunities to advertise these openings. I appreciate your help. Regards Ramzan On 9 Feb 2005 19:38:29 -0800, "Ramzan" <rajunadaf@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >Hi, > >I am Ramzan working in Philips Research India - Bangalore. >We are working in the area of software testing. >I came to know through web that this group is actively involved in >software testing research. >We have openings in this particular field. >I would like to know if there are opportunities to advertise these >openings. >I appreciate your help. > >Regards >Ramzan check the newsgroup FAQ at: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/software-eng/testing-faq/ Wayne Woodruff http://www.jtan.com/~wayne Praise the LORD !!! Hi I am Dhanabal.T (Danab). I had finished my M.Sc Computer Technology-Applied Science, It is an Engineering course. Now I doing Testing course. Can U send me Ur suggestions regarding the Testing & the Testing Tools. Can U give the refference 4 me. (danab2you@gmail.com) is my I.D Praise the LORD !!! Hi I am Dhanabal.T (Danab). I had finished my M.Sc Computer Technology-Applied Science, It is an Engineering course. Now I doing Testing co...

[News] Mozilla Research Produces More Software

Research Work on Software quality metrics
Hi All, I am working on some research on software quality metrics. I just wanted to know if anyone can give me the following details:- 1) The current problems faced in software quality metrics 2) Any research work or research groups working in this area. Do let me know if any of you are interesting discussing this research work. Regards, jitesh dundas jiteshbdundas@gmail.com Responding to dundas... > I am working on some research on software quality metrics. > I just wanted to know if anyone can give me the following details:- > > 1) The current problems faced in software quality metrics To paraphrase G. B. Shaw on Christianity: the only problem with software quality metrics is that they haven't been tried. > 2) Any research work or research groups working in this area. Google is your friend. I would start with the organizations dedicated to software quality and the home sites for process improvement methodologies. They will usually have white papers and whatnot. Those, in turn, can lead to institutions doing active research in the area via authors or attribution. -- There is nothing wrong with me that could not be cured by a capful of Drano. H. S. Lahman hsl@pathfindermda.com Pathfinder Solutions http://www.pathfindermda.com blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman "Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development". Email info@pathfindermda.com for your copy. Pathfinder is hiring: http://www.pathfindermd...

PhD Research Studentship in Software Engineering
PhD Research Studentship Centre for Systems and Software Engineering London South Bank University The Centre for Systems and Software Engineering (CSSE) invites applications for postgraduate research studentships commencing in 2004. Research may be undertaken in any area of computing of interest to the Centre including, but not restricted to, software engineering, software measurement and software maintenance. More information on research at the Centre may be found at: http://myweb.lsbu.ac.uk/~blackse/ and http://myweb.lsbu.ac.uk/~blackse/CSSE.html Stipends will be �9000 p.a. initially. Continuation of the studentships is subject to successful applicants securing registration for PhD/MPhil within six months of admission. Applicants must have a good first degree, and preferably a masters degree, in Computer Science or a related discipline. Work experience in industry would also be considered. Studentships are open for home, EU and overseas applicants. Applications should be made in writing/via email to Dr Sue Black, Centre for Systems and Software Engineering, BCIM, London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA, with a recent CV, names of two referees and a brief (about 700 word) description of the intended research. Application forms are available at http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/resoff/researchdegreeshomepagecontents.html. Potential applicants are welcome to discuss their research intentions with Dr Sue Black. ����������������������������������...

Research into editing software: survey of users
As some of you may be aware from earlier posts, I am conducting research into editors (the programs, not the people!), as part of my PhD on the usability of editing software for structured documents. Some of the interim findings were given in my paper to the Extreme Markup Conference in Montréal in 2006 (http://epu.ucc.ie/articles/extreme06). Among the key components are the experiences of users -- the authors and editors (the people this time, not the programs!) who use this kind of software to write and maintain documents. This survey asks specific questions about the features and behaviour of editing software that you use. If you write or edit structured documents, I would be grateful if you could spare the time (about 15 mins) to fill in the survey at: http://epu.ucc.ie:6336/phpESP/public/survey.php?name=xml_editors_survey_final The survey is anonymous, but you can leave your email address if you would like a copy of the final results (addresses will be deleted afterwards in compliance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003). Please contact me if you have any problems [peter.flynn (at) mars.ucc.ie]. Thank you. ///Peter Flynn ...

What benefit can I have after I learn software-eng?
regards: What benefit can I have after I learn software-eng? thank you may goodness be with you all ...

[OT] Systems Software Research is Irrelevant
Systems Software Research is Irrelevant by Rob Pike of Bell Laboratories "Systems software research has become a sideline to the excitement in the computing industry." http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/175/ It is an interesting read :) Chris Humphries <chris@unixfu.net> wrote: : Systems Software Research is Irrelevant : by Rob Pike of Bell Laboratories [... ] : It is an interesting read :) And Plan 9 is an interesting experience. I wish those who write Windows programs (or bindings) would have had this experience :) -- Georg Rob Pike wrote: > The Web has domina...

[News] Research on the Success of Open Source Software
Research: Software processes and open source success ,----[ Quote ] | Not a lot of big conclusions in the paper, but it does point to one | general theme: successful projects are permeable. They make it easy (or | relatively so) to contribute and use the software. Less successful | projects horde information and so require larger investments of time in | order to use or contribute to the project. | | So, if you're thinking of starting a project, or wanting to improve use of | an existing project, try improving access to your CVS (or whatever you | use), use of mailing lists, and follow...

# 1733 Research and Development - Software Developer
Location: Edmonton My client is a leading solution provider specializing in performance support, competency management and strategic knowledge transfer. My client's dynamic research and development group offers highly challenging positions and is currently looking for a Software Developer to become a member of their team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with an established product line and a growing customer base. This position involves developing software solutions, determining the vision for new features, designing and implementing features, as part of ...

Good place to research VoIP computer software
Can anyone point me to a good location to research VoIP software for my computer? http://www.asterisk.org -- Greg Merriweather The NuFone Network G.Merriweather@nufone.net 519-251-8225 x 3000 IM: shido6@msn.com "R Doornbosch" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message news:vpium6qps7s0f2@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone point me to a good location to research VoIP software for my > computer? > > In article <vpium6qps7s0f2@corp.supernews.com>, R Doornbosch <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote: >Can anyone point me to a good location to research VoIP software for my >computer? > > http://www.iptel.org/info/products/sipphones.php http://www.pulver.com/products/sip/ A web search would have found these for your easily. You may want to know about www.google.com which is really good at finding this sort of stuff. -- Top 10 myths about internet copyright explained http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html ...

[News] Research: Proprietary Software is an Anomaly in the Market
Proprietary software an anomaly ,----[ Quote ] | The majority of software companies make their money by custom | building software, maintaining software or integration work, he said. | | [...] | | According to the study, just 7 percent of software programmers in | the US worked for pre-packaged software companies. This is in | comparison to the 30 percent of programmers that worked developing | custom software, in integration and support. The majority of | software programmers, at 60 percent, however, worked in the "user | sector" creating software in-house for government, manufac...

[News] Research Shows That Free Software is Secure

Job: Software Engineer (Medical Research Council), London
Software Engineer MRC National Survey of Health & Development =A328,554 - =A334,094 per annum (inclusive of London Weighting) An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer at the MRC National Survey of Health and Development (NSHD), the oldest longitudinal study of human development and ageing in the world. Data has been collected for 61 years on five and a half thousand men and women born in March 1946. The Software Engineer will be responsible to the head of Data Services for the whole-of-lifecycle development of software to support the data library and archive, and new applications involving external clinics and collaborators. The Software Engineer will gather requirements from non-technical users, devise software specifications, recommend application solutions, and develop and test software as required. The post-holder must have a deep interest and experience in delivering technical solutions to business problems. In addition to being experienced in gathering requirements from users, they must be able to translate technical concepts into non-technical language. The post- holder must have broad experience in the software development lifecycle in a number of different environments, and experience in iterative, agile and extreme software development methodologies. The post-holder should have worked with a variety of enterprise software development environments, including Java Enterprise Edition and Microsoft .NET, and have experience in relational database...

Source of new and advanced research knowledge for software engineers.
Hi, This survey is part of a research project that is currently being conduc= ted at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden. It is aimed at understandi= ng where software practitioners, like yourself, obtain new and advanced kno= wledge. In order for academic researchers to reach you in a better way, we = want to understand how you obtain new and advanced knowledge which contribu= tes greatly in improving your professional activities. Therefore we need yo= ur participation. The survey contains eight questions and the approximate t= ime to answer is 5-10 minutes.=20 Thank ...

Web resources about - Research - comp.software-eng

Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Basrelief sculpture "Research holding the torch of knowledge" (1896) by Olin Levi Warner . Library of Congress, Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, ...

Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Basrelief sculpture "Research holding the torch of knowledge" (1896) by Olin Levi Warner . Library of Congress, Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, ...

Schaeffer's Investment Research
A leading provider of research, education, recommendations, and strategies for stock and options traders.

Is maple syrup the new brain food? Canadian research suggests it could protect against Alzheimer’s
... blueberries and green tea in protecting your brain health? Blueberries, green tea, pomegranates and…maple syrup? In new Canadian and U.S. research, ...

Africa: Plea for Treaty On Drug Research
Health activists are demanding an international treaty on medical research and development (R&D) to speed up the creation of cheap medicines. ...

IBM and Cisco Retain Leading Positions in Navigant Research ...
IBM and Cisco Retain Leading Positions in Navigant Research ... Business Wire (press release) A new Leaderboard report from Navigant Research ...

Majority Of Solar Power Customers Support Subsidies, Says Research
Market research into the attitudes of US and Canadian residential solar customers conducted by E Source produced a number of key insights. Perhaps ...

Trump as big a risk as terrorism: Research
A Donald Trump presidency would be as big a global risk as the rising threat of jihadi terrorism, according to research.

Paper: Shut Down Gitmo, Turn It Into A Global Warming Research Lab
Why? To 'meet the challenges of climate change, mass extinction, and declining coral reefs'

Digitimes Research: Smartphone vendors adding VR or modularized parts into flagship models
Observing smartphone brand vendors' exhibitions at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016, Digitimes Research found that the smartphone market is moving ...