RUP "Business Vision Document" and "Vision Document"

Hello,
I am a bit confused, but could some-one explain what is the difference
between the RUP "Business Vision Document" and "Vision Document"? How
are they used, and what audience are they aimed at?

Best Regards,

Mike Little

0
mlittle84 (11)
8/8/2006 10:43:47 AM
comp.software-eng 4494 articles. 1 followers. editor (304) is leader. Post Follow

mlittle84@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a bit confused, but could some-one explain what is the difference
> between the RUP "Business Vision Document" and "Vision Document"? How
> are they used, and what audience are they aimed at?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Mike Little

Mike--

Looking at it one way, these are interchangeable terms. Strictly
speaking, a business vision statement reflects the vision of a project
that doesn't reflect any system awareness, whereas a vision statement
contains some kind of overall vision of system architecture and such.

Hope this helps.

Kendall Scott
kendallvscott@optonline.net

Thanks Kendal,
My understanding is the 'Business Vision' document encapsulates the
stakeholder needs of the business, a statement of the Business Problem,
that the Business wants to solve, without bias to a particular
soluation; whereas, the 'Vision document', is the next iteration after
the 'Business Vision' document, and that it contains the solution
features. Is that correct? If so, should the 'Vision document', be
biased towards a particular solution, or should be design detail
agnostic?  Do you need both a Business Vision document, and a Vision
document, or could just get by with a Business Vision document?

Best Regards,

Mike Little

Mister UML wrote:
> mlittle84@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am a bit confused, but could some-one explain what is the difference
> > between the RUP "Business Vision Document" and "Vision Document"? How
> > are they used, and what audience are they aimed at?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Mike Little
>
> Mike--
>
> Looking at it one way, these are interchangeable terms. Strictly
> speaking, a business vision statement reflects the vision of a project
> that doesn't reflect any system awareness, whereas a vision statement
> contains some kind of overall vision of system architecture and such.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kendall Scott
> kendallvscott@optonline.net

0
mlittle84 (11)
8/31/2006 12:03:48 AM
mlittle84 wrote:

> My understanding is the 'Business Vision' document encapsulates the
> stakeholder needs of the business, a statement of the Business Problem,
> that the Business wants to solve, without bias to a particular
> soluation; whereas, the 'Vision document', is the next iteration after
> the 'Business Vision' document, and that it contains the solution
> features. Is that correct? If so, should the 'Vision document', be
> biased towards a particular solution, or should be design detail
> agnostic?  Do you need both a Business Vision document, and a Vision
> document, or could just get by with a Business Vision document?

You are reminding me of the Dilbert episode where the boss complains about
all the Dilbert comics hung on the walls of cubicles.

Wally points to one and says, "Look! It's our Mission Statement!"

--
  Phlip

phlipcpp (2771)

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Gary Sokolich """"""

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

Can I get "My Document", "Desktop" and "Favourite" folder dynamically?
In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? carfield@gmail.com wrote: > In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get > them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? > I just now it from "My Documents". This is the System Property "user.home". Because i am using Linux with the "windowmaker" Desktop, I have no Idea, what the other two ("Desktop", and "Favourite") could mean. Probably theese two are MsWindows specific ?? Phil...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++...

alert("document.all.txtbox"+".value")
Hi All, // code start alert("document.all.txtbox"+valueA+".value") // end code could you please advice, can it show the value of txtbox ? Best regards, Boki. Boki said the following on 5/3/2006 1:23 AM: > Hi All, > > // code start > > alert("document.all.txtbox"+valueA+".value") > > // end code > > could you please advice, > can it show the value of txtbox ? IE only code or cross-browser? document.forms['formID'].elements['txtbox'+valueA].value; -- Randy comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibb...

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

what does the "+" and the "-" mean?
I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of course, a friend has just asked me and I now forget. I've searched all over the place with no results. Anyone know? TIA! .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- roscoe james wrote: > > I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of > course, a friend h...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

document.all["something"].SetAttribute("HREF", "stylesheet.css",0) does not work

"plot", "imshow" and "quiver"
Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, the YDir parameter under Axis Properties is set to "reverse" by default. To me this seems counter intuitive. Why wouldn't YDir be "normal" by default? When set at "normal" it turns out that my image is actually flipped upside down. On the contrary, when use "quiver" command to plot a vector field, the YDir is set at "normal" by default. Even though this makes more sense to me, because "reversed" YDir is the correct way to display an image (as in "imshow"), the result of "quiver" is that the vector fields this time depict the objects as if they are upside down... So every time I use "quiver" I always add the following line to revert the objects back to its normal orientation... set(gca, 'YDir', 'reverse')... In addition, "plot" uses "normal" setting for YDir. The only issue I have is that I use these commands fairly frequently in my job and sometimes they can get a little bit confusing in terms of display. So I wonder why MATLAB hasn't standardized them so that the objects always get displayed the same way. It's just a comment I have. Thank you. "Clare " <flyingclare@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hefvdk$3md$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, > the ...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding"&qu...

I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

"Object does not support.." error with document.getElementById("dropdown")

Definition of "shall", "should", "must", etc.
Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms like "shall" and "should" and "must"? I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. Your thoughts... "C. J. Clegg" <reply.to.newsgroup@nospam.no> wrote in message news:jbsbh19g228ne84213f8kh0uvccj5ie6sg@4ax.com... > > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > When in doubt, place an explicit statement that serves to indicate the interpretation that will be used (make certain it is not inconsistent with the customers rules and regulations) > Your thoughts... C. J. Clegg wrote: > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > > Your thoughts... oh ...the beauty of google and having worked in telecomms where this knowledge is an (unfortunate) must (no pun intended) http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section...

Web resources about - RUP "Business Vision Document" and "Vision Document" - comp.software-eng