A Safe Approach to Risk-based Testing

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Better Software magazine's Feature Article
By Randall Rice
I am a big fan of risk-based testing. I have developed, used, and
taught risk-based testing for the past eighteen years. Because we
rarely have enough time to perform the level of testing we'd like, we
should prioritize our tests. This is best done by understanding various
product risks and letting those risks guide our work. However, we must
remember that risk-based testing contains risks. We must not be lulled
into a false sense of security when using this technique.

Read More: http://www.stickyminds.com/BetterSoftware/magazine.asp

0
Reply mbrown (37) 10/2/2006 12:51:06 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.extreme-programming 1463 articles. 2 followers. Post

test bank for Auditing A Risk-Based Approach to Conducting a Quality Audit 9e Karla Gramling Rittenberg
We are exam study team; we have solutions manual and test banks for many books of different subjects. Here is a small portion of our collection for solutions manual and test bank. if u need anything u can contact us by email goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com do send us email if u need your requests at a cheap price and prompt delivery: contact goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com here is selected titles of our list, if your required title is not there, again contact us, we may help u find your need. instructor manual for Marketing Management 2e Philip Kotler Kevin Keller Mairead...

solutions manual, test bank for Auditing A Risk-Based Approach to Conducting a Quality Audit 9e Karla Johnstone Gramling Rittenberg
We are exam study team; we have solutions manual and test banks for many books of different subjects. Here is a small portion of our collection for solutions manual and test bank. if u need anything u can contact us by email goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com do send us email if u need your requests at a cheap price and prompt delivery: contact goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com here is selected titles of our list, if your required title is not there, again contact us, we may help u find your need. instructor manual for Marketing Management 2e Philip Kotler Kevin Keller Mairead...

Risk Based Testing
I've just come across this term and am wondering what it implies. I've bought into the truisms that: 'you can't test quality in' and 'testing only shows the presence of defects...', and also understand how slippery test metrics are. So what do you do with risk based testing? Is there a presumption that by testing 'risky' aspects of s/w that quality can be tested in, or simply confirm that its likely to give problems when it goes live? In a nutshell, risk based testing focuses on features and areas of functionality that are either prone to error or hig...

Risk-Based Testing
Helllo, first, pardon for my english. I'm from dominican republic, and I'm not speak english very well. I'm interest about Risk-Based Testing, if any one can help me, I'll been thankful!! Google it or check out the IEEE standard. "Evelyn Restituyo" <evelynrestituyo@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1167320227.570527.221510@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Helllo, first, pardon for my english. > I'm from dominican republic, and I'm not speak english very well. >=20 > I'm interest about Risk-Based Testing, if any one can help me, I...

Risk based testing #2
I am writing a Test plan for a project. How to capture product risks, testing risks and other risks and have a mitigation plan. The project is based on incremental test model. Kindly help me with pointers and info. ...

Overview of Risk Based Testing & Overview of IBM Requisite Pro
Hi All, Check them out: Overview of Risk Based Testing http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Introduction-to-Software-Testing/Overview-of-Risk-Based-Testing.html Overview of IBM Requisite Pro http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Rational-Test-Tools/Overview-of-IBM-Requisite-Pro.html Thanks SoftwareQAtestings.com >Hi All, >Check them out: > >Overview of Risk Based Testing >http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Introduction-to-Software-Testing/Overview-of-Risk-Based-Testing.html > >Overview of IBM Requisite Pro >http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Rationa...

Risk-based testing or how to reduce costs whithout declining SW quality?
Dear all, reducing the costs of the quality whithout increasing the amount of defects is a tedious challenge. Especially, when such optimum between quality & costs must reached whithout any tool nor methods. Now, for an affordable price, you can find the first tool that can help you in this challenge: ProjectsTrax. ProjectsTrax is the new generation of software quality management ... more on this tool see you on http://www.algorismi.com Regards, Miguel Lopez ...

Auditing A Business Risk Approach (6thEd)
Auditing A Business Risk Approach (6thEd) - Rittenberg Test Bank and solution manual is available. Email me at allsolutionmanuals11[at] gmail.com if you need to buy this. All emails will be answered as soon as possible. ...

Auditing: A Business Risk Approach
Auditing: A Business Risk Approach - Larry E. Rittenberg (7th ed) (ISBN 0324658044) Solution manual and test bank is available. Email me at allsolutionmanuals11[at]gmail.com if you need to buy this. All emails will be answered as soon as possible. ...

Auditing: A Business Risk Approach
Auditing: A Business Risk Approach - Larry E. Rittenberg (7th ed) (ISBN 0324658044) Solution manual and test bank is available. Email me at allsolutionmanuals11[at]gmail.com if you need to buy this. All emails will be answered as soon as possible. ...

regression test, load test and endurance test for web-based applications
I'm looking for an automatic tool to test web-based (HTTPS) applications... I understand there are quite a few products available, even free ones.... My impression is that (1) many regression tools (e.g., MaxQ) are based on the so called assertion based approach and the users are expected to do some basic scripting... I understand it is not difficult but not realistic for every tester to be able to do it (2) some tools are for regressions while others are for load (performance) testing. Is there a tool for both or even for endurance testing too. (3) there are a lot of scripting/ assert...

Process-based vs. Goal-based testing
On pages 66-67 of "Software for Dependable Systems," the National Research Council (NRC) seems to downgrade the status of "standards" in engineering dependable software. Following is the quote. But first, my question is, "is this downgrade in status of standards the original idea of the NRC, or are they acknowledging the work of others in this area?" And if it is not their original idea, does anyone know of any academic papers addressing this topic? +++++++++++++++++QUOTE: "Goal-Based Versus Process-Based Assurance "To date, most approaches to deve...

Testing tools for testing a web based solution
Hi All, Can anyone suggest any testing tools which help automate and record tests for a web based application? Ideally i'd imagine some sort of proxy software, that would sit between the client and server, catching requests going both ways, in order to be able to play back the interaction as a test. Alternatively something that drives a browser may be possible, not sure that would be the best solution tho? Rgds, Dan Connor T wrote: > Hi All, > > Can anyone suggest any testing tools which help automate and record tests > for a web based application? > > Ideally i&#...

Feedback of the test community: Model-based test development
Hello, my company, eXept Software AG, near by Stuttgart, Germany, has currently released a new add-on of our hardware and software testing tool expecco, called expecco webEdition, which integrates Selenium IDE. expecco provides an exciting approach for graphical modeling of test cases. The Selenium recordings are presented as UML-activity diagrams and can be expanded by drag & drop with extensive block libraries to check functionality, security and performance of a website. We are very interested in feedback of the test community. By giving us feedback about your experiences with expecc...

Testing approaches?
In the preparation for an upcoming project, a document written by someone who is no longer available mentioned that one of the modules essentially behaves like a compiler and should be tested like one. I can imagine that there might be techniques that have proven themselves suitable to this particular kind of software. I tried to google for some information on the topic of testing approaches for compilers, but wasn't able to find anything specific. Do you know of/can you point me to any documentation about this? Thanks, Joern Joern Eyrich wrote: > In the preparation for an upcomin...

SAS 8.2 (Base) test is available for Beta testing
Brainbench is upgrading the SAS base test to version 8.2 The test is available for free at Brainbench.com. Please come and take the test and give feedback about the test and the test questions. Follow this link: http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/betatests.xml The Beta testing is complete. Thanks to all of you who responded. Randy Kraemer wrote: > Brainbench is upgrading the SAS base test to version 8.2 > The test is available for free at Brainbench.com. Please come and take > the test and give feedback about the test and the test questions. > > Follow th...

testing approach
how can we test an application when we don't have documentation. Create your own documentation and have it reviewed. And do interviews with stakeholders. Get the information out of their heads. Posted from the Dutch software testing community at www.testforum.nl On Dec 18, 5:21=A0am, w0k...@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Michel Kraaij) wrote: > Create your own documentation and have it reviewed. And do interviews > with stakeholders. Get the information out of their heads. > > Posted from the Dutch software testing community atwww.testforum.nl Make assumptions based on the ...

what's the difference between human testing and computer-based testing
hi: i got two new terms: human testing and computer-based testing. Could anyone give detailed defination about them? what' s the difference between them? thanks Gary.Z On Mar 13, 10:25 am, vegtom...@yahoo.com.cn wrote: > hi: > > i got two new terms: human testing and computer-based testing. Could > anyone give detailed defination about them? what' s the difference > between them? > > thanks > Gary.Z I still wonder, why do they invented Google? ---- Best Wishes, Vladimir ...

Here's the crap test of the initial base test layout
http://www.md-arts.com/base_desert_wash_tressell_05_test_01.jpg Obviously, the wood is not textured and the wash is no where near finished, but this is just the basic layout of the direction I'm heading. And instead of explaining all the rest about the scene, just visit the thread, called "my crummy image" over at the CG-Talk Forum :) But this gives you an idea of where I'm trying to go with this, and of course, I'll be adding in better placed cameras, as these are just for placement while working in the scene. Looks like I'll have no choice but to UV map this baby...

Is this approach safe?
Hi all, I am filling up a class by reading a binary file. I have a Read(std::string& name) method that opens the file and reads the inside. The first few lines of the file contain some text describing the size of the data that follows; imagine that the file contains some images and this first line tells the size of the images and their number. Having this info, what I do is to call a function Init() that allocates all the necessary memory to be filled up with the raw data coming from the file. In this way, being always inside the method Read(), I start to read the actual values onl...

what's the difference between human testing and computer-based testing #2
hi: what's the difference between human testing and computer-based testing thanks Gary "Gary" <vegtomato@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:1173774912.578021.321620@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > hi: > > what's the difference between human testing and computer-based > testing > > thanks > Gary > Computer-based testing is performed through automated programs on a computer that doesn't look to a newsgroup to find answers for its homework. -- --Llarry Amrose "I did not go to his funeral, but I wrote a nice letter saying I app...

Google Test Automation Conference: Automated Model-based Web Testing.
Hi, Happy to share this YouTube video talk with you all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LdsIVvxISU Its about Automated Model-based testing of web applications. This talk was presented at the Google Test Automation Conference in Seattle, 2008. enjoy! -atif ...