A Safe Approach to Risk-based Testing

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Better Software magazine's Feature Article
By Randall Rice
I am a big fan of risk-based testing. I have developed, used, and
taught risk-based testing for the past eighteen years. Because we
rarely have enough time to perform the level of testing we'd like, we
should prioritize our tests. This is best done by understanding various
product risks and letting those risks guide our work. However, we must
remember that risk-based testing contains risks. We must not be lulled
into a false sense of security when using this technique.

Read More: http://www.stickyminds.com/BetterSoftware/magazine.asp

0
Reply mbrown (37) 10/2/2006 12:51:06 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.extreme-programming 1461 articles. 2 followers. Post

test bank for Auditing A Risk-Based Approach to Conducting a Quality Audit 9e Karla Gramling Rittenberg
We are exam study team; we have solutions manual and test banks for many books of different subjects. Here is a small portion of our collection for solutions manual and test bank. if u need anything u can contact us by email goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com do send us email if u need your requests at a cheap price and prompt delivery: contact goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com here is selected titles of our list, if your required title is not there, again contact us, we may help u find your need. instructor manual for Marketing Management 2e Philip Kotler Kevin Keller Mairead...

solutions manual, test bank for Auditing A Risk-Based Approach to Conducting a Quality Audit 9e Karla Johnstone Gramling Rittenberg
We are exam study team; we have solutions manual and test banks for many books of different subjects. Here is a small portion of our collection for solutions manual and test bank. if u need anything u can contact us by email goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com do send us email if u need your requests at a cheap price and prompt delivery: contact goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com here is selected titles of our list, if your required title is not there, again contact us, we may help u find your need. instructor manual for Marketing Management 2e Philip Kotler Kevin Keller Mairead...

solutions manual, test bank for Auditing A Risk-Based Approach to Conducting a Quality Audit 9e Karla Johnstone Gramling Rittenberg
Dear All Students, Now you can get solutions manual and test bank for all subjects at very Charming Discount, just for students, file will be sent within few hours after payment. CONTACT directly at: discountsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com You can get many titles at discount prices: if your required title is not there, do contact me directly at: discountsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com ...

[...]

Risk Based Testing
I've just come across this term and am wondering what it implies. I've bought into the truisms that: 'you can't test quality in' and 'testing only shows the presence of defects...', and also understand how slippery test metrics are. So what do you do with risk based testing? Is there a presumption that by testing 'risky' aspects of s/w that quality can be tested in, or simply confirm that its likely to give problems when it goes live? In a nutshell, risk based testing focuses on features and areas of functionality that are either prone to error or hig...

Risk-Based Testing
Helllo, first, pardon for my english. I'm from dominican republic, and I'm not speak english very well. I'm interest about Risk-Based Testing, if any one can help me, I'll been thankful!! Google it or check out the IEEE standard. "Evelyn Restituyo" <evelynrestituyo@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1167320227.570527.221510@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Helllo, first, pardon for my english. > I'm from dominican republic, and I'm not speak english very well. >=20 > I'm interest about Risk-Based Testing, if any one can help me, I...

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

test test test test

Risk based testing #2
I am writing a Test plan for a project. How to capture product risks, testing risks and other risks and have a mitigation plan. The project is based on incremental test model. Kindly help me with pointers and info. ...

Test test test
Test test ...

test test test

test test test
test test test ...

Test test test
Test test werty wrote: > Test test > You failed, horribly. Please return your computer to where you bought it and tell them they don't need to refund the money, because you're too stupid to know the difference anyway. Stop such nonsense. Google said they turned it off 9 Jan . They changed dates on posts , then put them in , 10 Jan . I did not post 9 Jan If they would only tell the truth ..... Its called throttling . Google dont want to pay to carry UseNet ... but they like the revenues from adverts . ...

Testing, Testing, Testing
My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Testing! Testing! 1-2-3 Testing! Here in comp.os.geos.misc, "Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> spake unto us, saying: >My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Oh no! :-) -- -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA OS/2 + eCS + Linux + Win95 + DOS + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven! WARNING: I've seen FIELDATA FORTRAN V and I know how to use it! The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then. Pat w...

Test test test

test test test
this is only a test... 3rd attempt. ...

Test Test Testing
Testing from Personnel Mail Sever ...

Test test test
Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing. Dave Weaver Dave Weaver wrote: > Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing. > Dave Weaver Well, that worked just great, using nickname "Dave Weaver" nofinway@fnh.com Dave Weaver wrote: > Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" > thing. Dave Weaver Dave, I hope you realize that by posting via Google Groups, your e-mail address will be made public to Usenet groups. Tiny URL http://tinyur...

regression test, load test and endurance test for web-based applications
I'm looking for an automatic tool to test web-based (HTTPS) applications... I understand there are quite a few products available, even free ones.... My impression is that (1) many regression tools (e.g., MaxQ) are based on the so called assertion based approach and the users are expected to do some basic scripting... I understand it is not difficult but not realistic for every tester to be able to do it (2) some tools are for regressions while others are for load (performance) testing. Is there a tool for both or even for endurance testing too. (3) there are a lot of scripting/ assert...

Overview of Risk Based Testing & Overview of IBM Requisite Pro
Hi All, Check them out: Overview of Risk Based Testing http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Introduction-to-Software-Testing/Overview-of-Risk-Based-Testing.html Overview of IBM Requisite Pro http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Rational-Test-Tools/Overview-of-IBM-Requisite-Pro.html Thanks SoftwareQAtestings.com >Hi All, >Check them out: > >Overview of Risk Based Testing >http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Introduction-to-Software-Testing/Overview-of-Risk-Based-Testing.html > >Overview of IBM Requisite Pro >http://softwareqatestings.com/index.php/Rationa...