SqlSpec - generate docs for SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Analysis Server, and Access databases

Do you wish you had comprehensive, easily navigable documentation for
your SQL Server, Oracle, Analysis Server, MySQL, and Access databases?

Are you a SQL Developer or DBA that just inherited a huge, complex
database with no supporting docs and don't know where to start
learning how it's put together?

Are you an independent contractor working with SQL Server, Oracle,
Analysis Server, MySQL, or Access? Your clients would LOVE you if you
could provide comprehensive documentation about the databases you
build.

Are you a Project Manager who is tired of developers making changes to
databases on live servers and not updating the corresponding spec?

SqlSpec will make sense of it all and generate easy-to-read docs for
you for any database on the following platforms:

    * SQL Server 2000/2005
    * Oracle 9i (and above)
    * MySQL 5.0 (and above)
    * Analysis Server 2005
    * Access 97/2000/XP/2003

SqlSpec generates documentation in two formats: HTML or CHM. HTML is
useful for publishing your documents on the web or an intranet site.
CHM is useful if you want a single, compact file containing all your
documentation about one or more databases. The CHM is indexed so it is
easily searchable for any keyword. This way you can easily determine
which objects reference the "EmployeeID" column, for example.

You can download a fully featured trial version here: http://www.elsasoft.org

1
jezemine
2/3/2007 2:13:58 AM
comp.software.shareware 11874 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

[...]

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the d...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

Exporting MS SQL Server or Oracle Databases to MySQL
I also posted similarly in mailing.database.mysql I have created a rather large (60 table database) website dealio in PHP that works with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and presumably any other data base I add to the wrapper functions that I created. All the development was done in Oracle, but now its time to create that large datastructure again in MySQL -- now I've built this all in notepad for Oracle (twice) and built it in SQL Server using the SQL Server import tools (pretty nice) -- is there anything that I can do that to get this datastructure and maybe even the data into MySQL using...

Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
Folks, I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your collective wisdom: Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL server or an ORACLE database on a different host? What tools would one need in order to accomplish the above? Regards Paul Christidis * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * Hi Paul, take a look at SqlLink/3000 from GUI Innovations. http://...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > &...

Can Analysis Server and Report Server run on SQL Server 2000 Cluster
I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on SQL Server 2000 before. Now I have been asked to install these on a failover Cluster we have. Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. When I ran the install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. After it said it successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow problem. Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)? -- Mark D Powell -- On Aug ...

> -----Original Message----- > From: Paul H. Christidis [mailto:phchristidis@raytheon.com] > Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 5:39 PM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K > > > Folks, > > I was asked the following question today and decided to turn > to your collective wisdom: > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to > connect, extract, and present to the user (based on his > input) data residing on an MS SQL server or an ORACLE > database on a differ...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

How can I transfer my Access and Sql-server databases and tables to MySql?
Hi. Is it possible to do it automatically so I don't have to manually create every field in MySql? Hannu "hannu" <hannutlappalainen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:48eaeb57-aabf-4e1f-a085-53d4b3383d83@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > Is it possible to do it automatically so I don't have to manually > create every field in MySql? > > Hannu Hi Hannu, the cheapest (moneywise) is to use an ODBC connection (I see your other question in this group, so I think you can do that) In Access, open the database, then use "Export" for eac...

What does it take to change an Access 2010 backend database to MySql or SQL Server?
Hi, I am concerned about corruption and the size limit if I move my Access 2010 application to something like Amazon Web Services (instead of rewriting it in .NET, Alpha Five, Sharepoint). How much effort would it take to use another backend database. To be honest, I don't even know how to install something like MySQL on my PC (or maybe it must be on a web server). How do I link to a different back-end? My application is pretty huge, and reports are also important, FWIW. Just checking. Thanks! -paulw The big difference comes from how you optimise the behavior and...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #4
Well, I can't find the source :-(. It was a long time ago and I have no idea where it went, it was just proof of concept stuff. I did find the hacked C example that would insert a record into my Linux box from the MPE box though. IIRC, we used the C code to figure out what calls to make in the Cobol program, then we played with the LINKEDIT a bit to make it work. Let me know if you're interested, Pete On July 8, 2003 05:03 pm, Wayne R. Boyer wrote: > In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > > pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > > It's n...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #5
Wayne Boyer wrote: >pete@bookware3000.ca writes: >>It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we >>once had a Cobol program accessing a PostgreSQL database >>that resided on a Linux server by using the C >>libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. >I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! >Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working >with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working >example of how to access it via COBOL is a great starting point >fo...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol program accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the C libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. Pete On July 7, 2003 06:38 pm, Paul H. Christidis wrote: > Folks, > > I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your > collective wisdom: > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > server or an ORACLE data...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
Yes it is possible. We do it. The tools we use are now obsolete. But I am sure there are newer tools available. We use the Oracle Gateway (obsolete) and PROCOBOL (I think also obsolete). The SQL queries generated by the PROCOBOL portion of the COBOL code queries information from Oracle. The COBOL program then writes the information to a VPlus screen just like any other data. I know there are several tools which will allow COBOL to do SQL queries. In combination with any data gateway, ODBC, or other such technology this should get the information into the program. I see you did n...

converting access aplication to access-sql server client-server aplication
Hello!! I have a problem with moving tables from access to sql server with wizard. after setting odbc connection there is an error: overflow. Does anybody know what can couse this problem ???? Thanks in advance, slawko. ...

Web resources about - SqlSpec - generate docs for SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Analysis Server, and Access databases - comp.software.shareware

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...