ANN: Parallel and Concurrent Development - Vol. 3 No. 6

Parallel and Concurrent Development
CM Crossroads Journal - Vol. 3 No. 6

The June editon is now availalbe online:
http://www.cmcrossroads.com/newsletter/jun04.html

You may subscribe to receive the CM Journal at
http://www.cmcrossroads.com/subscribe.php

========================
 -    In This Issue
========================

* Agile SCM:
  Learning from Concurrent, Parallel, and Distributed Systems Design
  Brad Appleton, Steve Berczuk, Steve Konieczka

* Building Zone:
  Don't Let Your Controlled Build Process be Undermined by Sloppy
    Deployments (Part 2)
  Maciej Zawadzki

* Implementation Excellence:
  Approaching Parallel Development
  Mario Moreira

* Practicing SCM:
  Parallel Software Development is the New Normal
  Michael Sayko

* SCM Patterns: Building on 'Task-Level Commit'
  Austin Hastings

* The Role of Patterns and Anti-Patterns in
  Standards and Organizational Best Practices
  Cynthia Hauer

* Book of the Month -
  Software Configuration Management Implementation Roadmap
  by Mario Moreira

===================================
  Editors Note
==================================
What does parallel development mean to you? How does it impact your
development and configuration management teams? To each of us, there are a
wide variety of "opportunities" uncovered when deploying parallel
development methodologies. As a first step, I recommend that you understand
exactly what your tool vendors and your other team members mean when they
say "parallel development."  Many confuse, or use interchangeably, the terms
parallel and concurrent development.  Are you talking about one team in
which several members work on the same code, or multiple teams working on
different releases of the same application?

This month the CM Crossroads editors discuss the issues and impacts of
parallel development in depth. If you would like to comment on any of these
articles or suggest a topic for an upcoming issue of CM Crossroads Journal
please post a message in the Letters to the Editors forum at
www.cmcrossroads.com

Read this entire edition online at
http://www.cmcrossroads.com/newsletter/jun04.html

editor889 (8)
6/24/2004 9:50:07 PM
comp.software.testing 5261 articles. 1 followers. debbymelton (5) is leader. Post Follow

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ ...

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ Really bad web site. It just a bunch of ads and a little copyrighted information taken from other sites. quratulainz@yahoo.com wrote: > Get all the information on free software testing certifications, > software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about > automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also > find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software > testing is a successful profession, > see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ > I have a different openion for this site. Software testing manual and automated both have its own marits and demarits. You are covering only the automated testing. It would be nice if you add some thing about manual testing as well. Your website design is simple and for learners its good. quratulainz@yahoo.com wrote: > Get all the information on free software testing certifications, > software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about > automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also > find for your self the suitable software testi...

3 HOT DIRECT CLIENT Rek's : 1. Java Developer Analyst (6 Positions) 2. ORACLE DBA's (10g) (7 positions), 3. Portal Developer (4 positions)
Hi, We have 3 HOT DIRECT CLIENT Requirements: 1. Java Developer Analyst (6 Positions) 2. ORACLE DBA's (10g) (7 positions), 3. Portal Developer (4 positions) in Austin, TX., Please send me matching profile with rate, current location and Contact details ASAP to my official ID : isaac@preludesys.com Thanks and regards, Isaac Direct 213.233.3576 Office 213.233.3907 isaac@preludesys.com www.preludesys.com agasagi03@gmail.com 1. Job Title : Java Developer Analyst - Job Id: CAG10051301 & 2 Location : Austin, TX. Project Duration : 6+ Month(s) Est Start Date ...

Browser speed test: IE, 59.7; FF3.03, 11.3; Chrome, 3.6; FF 3.1 Beta, 2.6
<Quote> ....there's a new Web speed-demon, Firefox 3.1 beta 1. [Slowed down by debug code...Turning on TraceMonkey...] Speaking of speed, let's get down to the numbers. I installed Firefox 3 Beta 1 on an older Gateway 503GR. This PC uses a 3GHz Pentium IV CPU, 2GB of RAM, an ATI Radeon 250 graphics card, and a 300GB SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) hard drive. On this, I was running XP SP3. I also ran Firefox 3 Beta 1 on my main openSUSE 11 PC, but since Chrome still doesn't run natively on Linux, I tested both browsers on the XP computer. I then put both brows...

Trouble running test app Test 6 in xPC Target 3.3 and building target app from simulink.
I'm an intern at an Automotive engineering universiy and i'm building a control envirement for a HIL Vehicle Dynamics Test setup using matlab R2007b xPC Target 3.3 and Visual C 2005 When I run the test application xpctest for the target PC i experience some troubles with passing Test 6. The response i get when running the test in the matlab command wndow is this: >> xpctest ### xPC Target Test Suite 3.3 ### Host-Target interface is: RS232 COM1 ### Test 1, Ping target system using standard ping: ... SKIPPED ### Test 2, Ping target system using xpctargetping: ... OK ### Test 3, Reboot target using direct call: .. OK ### Test 4, Build and download xPC Target application using model xpcosc: ... OK ### Test 5, Check host-target communication for commands: ... OK ### Test 6, Download xPC Target application : ... FAILED Up until Test 6 everything seems to go ok..... The targetscreen message appears to show the wright messages to: System: Host target interface is RS232 (COM1/2) System: COM1 detected, Baudrate 115200 System: download started.... System: download finished System: initializing application... System: initializing application finished When i try to build my model from Simulink Realtime workshop i get the following error: Error building Real-Time Workshop target for block diagram 'xpc_osc_SIMMODEL_TUTORIAL1'. MATLAB error message: Error using ==> callMakeHook at 49 The call to xpctarget_make_rtw_hook, during the exit hook generated the fol...

ANN: Automation Anywhere 3.0
Hello All, I wanted to announce that new version of our leading Automation Software, Automation Anywhere 3.0 is released. We have also added many more examples of Automated Testing and web testing. You can get more information and FREE trial download from http://www.tethyssolutions.com/automated-software-testing.htm With Automation Anywhere you can automate test cases within minutes. You can perform GUI testing, Functional testing, Web testing and much more. No programming required. Advanced SMART Automation Technology offers intelligent task recorder and editor. With on Demand version you can get started with as little as $129.95. Standard version cost $249.95. Experience why in more than 85 countries, hundred of small & medium businesses and many fortune 500 companies have chosen our solution over expensive test automation software. Tethys Solutions http://www.tethyssolutions.com ...

ANN: New WinPython with Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3 (32/64bit)
Hi all, I am pleased to announce that four new versions of WinPython have been released yesterday with Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3, 32 and 64 bits. Many packages have been added or upgraded (Spyder 2.2.5 for Python 2, Spyder 2.3.0beta2 for Python 3, SciPy 0.13.2, NumPy MKL 1.8.0, IPython 1.0, etc. -- see the complete changelog: https://sourceforge.net/p/winpython/wiki/ChangeLog_27/). Special thanks to Christoph Gohlke for building most of the binary packages bundled in WinPython. WinPython is a free open-source portable distribution of Python for Windows, designed for scientists: http://winpython.sourceforge.net/. It is a full-featured Python-based scientific environment: * Designed for scientists (thanks to the integrated libraries NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, guiqwt, etc.: * Regular *scientific users*: interactive data processing and visualization using Python with Spyder * *Advanced scientific users and software developers*: Python applications development with Spyder, version control with Mercurial and other development tools (like gettext) * *Portable*: preconfigured, it should run out of the box on any machine under Windows (without any installation requirements) and the folder containing WinPython can be moved to any location (local, network or removable drive) * *Flexible*: one can install (or should I write "use" as it's portable) as many WinPython versions as necessary (like isolated and self-consistent environmen...

ANN: wxPython 2.6.3.3
Announcing ---------- The 2.6.3.3 release of wxPython is now available for download at http://wxpython.org/download.php. This is a mostly bug fix release and also includes builds for Python 2.5 on Mac and also Windows. A summary of other changes is listed below and at http://wxpython.org/recentchanges.php. What is wxPython? ----------------- wxPython is a GUI toolkit for the Python programming language. It allows Python programmers to create programs with a robust, highly functional graphical user interface, simply and easily. It is implemented as a Python extension module that wraps the GUI components of the popular wxWidgets cross platform library, which is written in C++. wxPython is a cross-platform toolkit. This means that the same program will usually run on multiple platforms without modifications. Currently supported platforms are 32-bit Microsoft Windows, most Linux or other Unix-like systems using GTK2, and Mac OS X 10.2+, in most cases the native widgets are used on each platform. Changes in 2.6.3.3 ------------------ wx.lib.pubsub updates from Oliver Schoenborn: - fixed the hash problem with non-hashable objects - now supports listeners that use \*args as an argument (listener(\*args) was not passing the validity test) - corrected some mistakes in documentation - added some clarifications (hopefully useful for first time users) - changed the way singleton is implemented since old...

[ANN] RubyInline 3.6.6 Released
RubyInline version 3.6.6 has been released! * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinline/> * <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/> Ruby Inline is an analog to Perl's Inline::C. Out of the box, it allows you to embed C/++ external module code in your ruby script directly. By writing simple builder classes, you can teach how to cope with new languages (fortran, perl, whatever). The code is compiled and run on the fly when needed. Changes: ### 3.6.6 / 2007-12-27* 1 minor enhancement: * Enhanced windows support thanks to Luis Lavena. * <http://rubyforge.org...

ANN: wxPython 2.6.3.3
Announcing ---------- The 2.6.3.3 release of wxPython is now available for download at http://wxpython.org/download.php. This is a mostly bug fix release and also includes builds for Python 2.5 on Mac and also Windows. A summary of other changes is listed below and at http://wxpython.org/recentchanges.php. What is wxPython? ----------------- wxPython is a GUI toolkit for the Python programming language. It allows Python programmers to create programs with a robust, highly functional graphical user interface, simply and easily. It is implemented as a Python extension modul...

[ANN] RubyInline 3.6.3 Released
RubyInline version 3.6.3 has been released! http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinline/ http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/ Ruby Inline is an analog to Perl's Inline::C. Out of the box, it allows you to embed C/++ external module code in your ruby script directly. By writing simple builder classes, you can teach how to cope with new languages (fortran, perl, whatever). The code is compiled and run on the fly when needed. Changes: *** 3.6.3 / 2007-04-27 + 7 minor enhancements: Added map_ruby_const and map_c_const to C builder. Converted example.rb to a real benchmar...

ANN: wxPython 2.6.3.3
Announcing ---------- The 2.6.3.3 release of wxPython is now available for download at http://wxpython.org/download.php. This is a mostly bug fix release and also includes builds for Python 2.5 on Mac and also Windows. A summary of other changes is listed below and at http://wxpython.org/recentchanges.php. What is wxPython? ----------------- wxPython is a GUI toolkit for the Python programming language. It allows Python programmers to create programs with a robust, highly functional graphical user interface, simply and easily. It is implemented as a Python extension module that wraps the...

[ANN] Power Manager 3.6.1
We just announced the release of Power Manager 3.6.1 for Mac OS X. This release includes a bug fix for inactivity triggered events. Power Manager 3 helps schools, businesses, and homes save energy by automating their Macs. Power Manager <http://www.dssw.co.uk/powermanager/> Power Manager 3.6.1 fixes a bug affecting inactivity triggered events. The bug appears after a power cycle and can cause associated actions not to occur. The inactivity trigger is often combined with a sleep action; for many users this combination restores the idle sleep capability of their Mac. Dow...

test test test #3
test test ...

Test test test #3
Test test ...

Test test test #6
Test test ...

website developers , webseiten designer software , easiest website design software , which website design software , nof video , web site design , fusion9 , software testing , nof homepage , n
website developers , webseiten designer software , easiest website design software , which website design software , nof video , web site design , fusion9 , software testing , nof homepage , nof 10 , WEBSITE DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN ERSTELLEN + + + + + http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ + + + + + web page designs software fuer webdesign netobjectsfusion 7.5 netobjectsfusion 10 easy website design softwa...

[ANN] parallel 1.3: simple parallel processing.
Version 1.3 of ssh_parallel and parallel have been released. This release features much better error handling in ssh_parallel, so network errors are less likely to cause jobs to go missing. Additionally, it allows you to specify a nice level for processes. Same as the last time, I'm interested in any comments/critiques anyone may have. Original release notes (with updated URLs): If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | pipieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform ...

Sgi Irix for sale 5.3, 6.2,6.3,6.4 and 6.5
I have some old Sgi OS CD's to sell ideally to someone here in the UK. The complete list is as follows There are 15 CDs in total held in a nice Sgi "Multi disc Binder " Here is the complete list p/n Title 812-0119-006 IRIX 5.3 812-0469-001 IRIX 6.2 1 OF 2 812-0470-001 IRIX 6.2 2 OF 2 812-0595-002 IRIX 6.3 812-0599-003 IRIX 6.3 APPLICATIONS 812-0637-005 02 IRIX 6.3 REC/REQ PATCHES 812-0616-002 IRIX 6.4 812-0758-002 IRIX 6.5 INSTALLATION TOOLS 812-0759-002 IRIX 6.5 FOUNDATION 1 812-0760-002 IRIX 6.5 FOUNDATION 2 812-0877-004 IRIX 6.5 A...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.6, Python 3.3.6

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.6, Python 3.3.6

US-PA: King Of Prussia-Software Developer 3 #3
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Software Developer 3 Job Location: PA: King Of Prussia Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-26 Company Name: Oracle Contact: Human Resources Phone: email only please Fax: email only...

Help: PIX 6.3.3.ED or 6.2.3.GD ?
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two releases or any reason I would not want to go with the newer (but larger) release ? This is for a PIX501. Out at the Cisco site, they have the _same_ release date on them. The 6.3.3 release is roughly 1mb bigger. They seem to have the same requirements though (?) pix623.bin 6.2.3.GD 28-AUG-2003 1677312 PIX OS version 6.2(3) software. Requires a minimu of 8 MB Flash and 16 MB RAM. pix633.bin 6.3.3.ED 28-AUG-2003 2064384 PIX OS version 6.3(3) software. Requires a minimu of 8 MB Flash and 16 MB RAM. Thanks, "Jimmy...

[ANN] test/spec 0.3, a BDD interface for Test::Unit
Hello, today I'm releasing test/spec 0.3, a library to do BDD with Test::Unit. (See below for changes in version 0.3.) == What is test/spec? test/spec layers an RSpec-inspired interface on top of Test::Unit, so you can mix TDD and BDD (Behavior-Driven Development). test/spec is a clean-room implementation that maps most kinds of Test::Unit assertions to a `should'-like syntax. Consider this Test::Unit test case: class TestFoo < Test::Unit::TestCase def test_should_bar assert_equal 5, 2 + 3 end end In test/spec, it looks like this: re...

ANN: Openstep for Zaurus: mySTEP-1.4, myPDA-3.1a5 ANN: Openstep for Zaurus: mySTEP-1.3, myPDA-3.1a4, Zaurus-gcc-2.95.3X10.3a1 ANN: Openstep for Zaurus: mySTEP-1.4, myPDA-3.1a5
Dear all, again new releases for the GNUstep clone "mySTEP" for the Sharp Zaurus and its runtime environment "myPDA" (X11 + window manager) as well as an update for the gcc cross-compiler development kit hosted on MacOS X 10.3 are available. The system is becoming more and more mature - although it is not yet ripe enough for productivity. It allows you to take the source of Cocoa applications, add a simple shell-script build phase, and compile into a "fat binary" .app bundle that runs verbatim on MacOS X as well as on a standard Zaurus on which myPDA is...

Web resources about - ANN: Parallel and Concurrent Development - Vol. 3 No. 6 - comp.software.testing

United States Department of Housing and Urban Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert C. Weaver Federal Building , 451 7th Street SW , Washington, D.C. 38°53′2.17″N 77°1′21.03″W  /  38.8839361°N 77.0225083°W  / 38.8839361; ...

First lots of Peet’s Flagstone City development released to market - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THE FIRST lots of the multi-billion dollar Flagstone development have been released to the market.

Battle on to save 'Perth's favourite jacaranda' from Bayswater development site
Despite losing the war against a Bayswater development, residents might win the battle to save 'Perth's favourite jacaranda'.

Development assessment panel anger to be key for 2017 election campaign: WA expert
A West Australian planning body has identified big development approvals as a key 2017 election decider after the Supreme Court overturned approval ...

Microsoft announces HoloLens Development Edition, available for pre-order now
... a year ago , but since then there’s been no word on when we can actually expect to see it. Today, however, Microsoft announces a Development ...

Juno's influx of cash to drive drug development in 2016
Seattle-based Juno Therapeutics (Nasdaq: JUNO) has more than doubled the amount of cash it has, giving it a deeper pool of capital for its cancer ...

BOOM: Huge New Developments in Clinton Email Scandal
By Abdul X. Abercrombie Two extremely significant stories broke today in The Washington Post and The New York Times regarding the FBI's investigation ...

28 hours of lessons for developing your web-development skills
Learning to code is a surefire way to expand job prospects and improve your salary. The technologies and techniques of digital development might ...

'Minecraft' Update 1.10 Already In Development With A New Mob, Says Mojang Lead
"Minecraft's" huge 1.9 update was just released, but 1.10 is already in the works according to sources at Mojang. Read the tease of a new mob ...