Automated testing tool for Performance Tests on Solaris and Windows

Hi All,

I need to build up test automation engine that will execute the Load
and  Performance Tests. The tested client application (Java based)has
GUI and it can run both on Solaris and Windows.

I want to be able to replicate (simulate) thousands of users, ensuring
that the application meets given performance requirements.
In a typical production environment, there are different user groups
placing different loads on the target system so I want to be able to
model complex usage scenarios to emulate user group activities and
create workload schedules that accurately model real world system
loads --> create complex real world user scenarios, execute different
user groups simultaneously, test the effect of several hundred users
doing something at the same time etc.

Besides, during the tests playback, I want to be able to monitor
Computer and Network Resources, CPU usage, memory to disk transfer
time and usage to identify inadequate resources that are causing poor
performance (bottlenecks etc.)

I know that in case of Window Rational Robot might be helpful here but
unfortunately it won't work on Solaris :(
Could You please suggest me a suitable tool? Can QEngine do all the
tasks mentioned above on Solaris?

Thank You in advance for any suggestions and hints.
Best wishes,

Sylwia
0
lubowiecka (27)
3/30/2005 3:48:47 PM
comp.software.testing 5261 articles. 1 followers. debbymelton (5) is leader. Post Follow

Sylwia wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to build up test automation engine that will execute the Load
> and  Performance Tests. The tested client application (Java based)has
> GUI and it can run both on Solaris and Windows.
>
> I want to be able to replicate (simulate) thousands of users,
ensuring
> that the application meets given performance requirements.
> In a typical production environment, there are different user groups
> placing different loads on the target system so I want to be able to
> model complex usage scenarios to emulate user group activities and
> create workload schedules that accurately model real world system
> loads --> create complex real world user scenarios, execute different
> user groups simultaneously, test the effect of several hundred users
> doing something at the same time etc.
>
> Besides, during the tests playback, I want to be able to monitor
> Computer and Network Resources, CPU usage, memory to disk transfer
> time and usage to identify inadequate resources that are causing poor
> performance (bottlenecks etc.)
>
> I know that in case of Window Rational Robot might be helpful here
but
> unfortunately it won't work on Solaris :(
> Could You please suggest me a suitable tool? Can QEngine do all the
> tasks mentioned above on Solaris?
>
> Thank You in advance for any suggestions and hints.
> Best wishes,
> Sylwia

For your complex scenario loading needs, you may wish to try out
the eValid solution.

Using eValid technology the server loading function is
accomplished using multiple parallel eValid full-browser
playbacks.  The multi-browser playbacks run on Windows load
driver machines, and are indistinguishable at the server side
from real users.  Typically you can get 50-150 simulated users
per driver machine, depending on its speed and available RAM.

Server loading runs are done with a mix of individual functional
tests that each accomplish a particular work item (a user group
activity, for example).  eValid has a powerful scenario editor to
help you configure the specifics of each suite of playbacks.  See
the description of the scenario editor at:

http://www.soft.com/eValid/Products/Documentation.5/Loading/scenario.edit.html

eValid's internal monitoring of these scenarios during playback
tracks the total playback time of each 100% realistic script.
(eValid has no virtual users; all playbacks simulate actual
users.)  Reduced or degraded (i.e. slower) response time in one
or more groups of playbacks is quickly evident from the eValid
reporting.

You can run hundreds of eValid playbacks, on one or more Windows
driver machines, so you can impose as much load as you wish --
usually in gradually increasing amounts -- while you study the
server performance monitors to see where the bottlenecks lie.

Complete details about eValid, including how to obtain an
evaluation copy, are available at:  http://www.e-valid.com.

0
info42 (135)
3/30/2005 4:50:52 PM
Hi Sylwia

    I think QEngine will support this, We are evaluating it in linux.

    Solaris also they are supporting,

    Anyhow its better you can give a query to their support id
qengine-support@adventnet.com addressing Mr. Nagharajan , actually we
got very excellent supports and help from their technical support team.

regards

0
chand.shiv (16)
4/1/2005 10:08:34 PM
Hi Sylwia

     I think the mailid not displayed fully, It is
"qengine-support@adventnet.com".

regards

0
chand.shiv (16)

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ ...

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ Really bad web site. It just a bunch of ads and a little copyrighted information taken from other sites. quratulainz@yahoo.com wrote: > Get all the information on free software testing certifications, > software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about > automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also > find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software > testing is a successful profession, > see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ > I have a different openion for this site. Software testing manual and automated both have its own marits and demarits. You are covering only the automated testing. It would be nice if you add some thing about manual testing as well. Your website design is simple and for learners its good. quratulainz@yahoo.com wrote: > Get all the information on free software testing certifications, > software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about > automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also > find for your self the suitable software testi...

test test test test

Test test test
Test test ...

Testing, Testing, Testing
My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Testing! Testing! 1-2-3 Testing! Here in comp.os.geos.misc, "Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> spake unto us, saying: >My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Oh no! :-) -- -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA OS/2 + eCS + Linux + Win95 + DOS + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven! WARNING: I've seen FIELDATA FORTRAN V and I know how to use it! The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then. Pat w...

Test Test Testing
Testing from Personnel Mail Sever ...

Test test test
Test test werty wrote: > Test test > You failed, horribly. Please return your computer to where you bought it and tell them they don't need to refund the money, because you're too stupid to know the difference anyway. Stop such nonsense. Google said they turned it off 9 Jan . They changed dates on posts , then put them in , 10 Jan . I did not post 9 Jan If they would only tell the truth ..... Its called throttling . Google dont want to pay to carry UseNet ... but they like the revenues from adverts . ...

test test test
test test test ...

test test test
this is only a test... 3rd attempt. ...

test test test

Test test test
Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing. Dave Weaver Dave Weaver wrote: > Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing. > Dave Weaver Well, that worked just great, using nickname "Dave Weaver" nofinway@fnh.com Dave Weaver wrote: > Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" > thing. Dave Weaver Dave, I hope you realize that by posting via Google Groups, your e-mail address will be made public to Usenet groups. Tiny URL http://tinyurl.com/3wxte Original URL: http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7885&topic=10 9 For this reason, I doubt I would post via Google Groups. -- Kevin Powick Kevin Powick wrote: > Dave, > > I hope you realize that by posting via Google Groups, your e-mail > address will be made public to Usenet groups. > > Tiny URL http://tinyurl.com/3wxte > > Original URL: > http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7885&topic=10 > 9 > > For this reason, I doubt I would post via Google Groups. Ah well, I for one will never surrender to the spammers. My email address is out there, loud and proud, and my spam filters catch most of the crap for me. Being forced to munge or hide your email address is just the first step on the slippery slope, IMO. I want to have a public email address tha...

800 Interview questions on Software Testing Basics, Testing techniques, Software process,CMMI,SIX sigma, Metrics Automation testing Testing estimation and lot
800 Interview questions on Software Testing Basics, Testing techniques, Software process,CMMI,SIX sigma, Metrics Automation testing Testing estimation and lot Download the ebook now from http://www.questpond.com/SampleSoftwaretestinginterview.zip ...

State of art software testing tools for automated tests
Hello, what software testing tools for automated software testing are state of art ? Which commercial or open source tools will do the job best ? What books are recommended for automated software ? -- Georg www.dingler-it.de I find the Mercury suite the best, despite their prohibitive cost. In open-source, try using OpenSTA, it is pretty good. The documentation/tutorials that come with it are good enough, there are also several user-groups on the internet that you can subscribe to for more info. This is completely dependent on your own context. What is your description of state-of-the-art ? something that is very up to date, or something that is accepted by all the practicionners ? When you are concerned by tools, what is it for ? if it is for functional testing of client server applications, you will receive one set of answers, if it is for performances testing of web applications you will receive another set of answers. Open source applications and freeware might be cheap to acquire, but their implementation costs will be at least similar to commercial tools. Commercial tools will have an initial (purchase) cost that might differ by a ratio of one to 10 (if not 100) from other vendors. Their implementation costs may also differ depending on your application source language (need aditionnal drivers, ok buy some). Please be aware that software testing tools are not a replacement to brains (ie a fool with a tool is still ... a fool). As for books there is one by...

test test test #2

test test test #3
test test ...

TEST TEST TEST 222222222222
TEST TEST TEST 222222222222 NikVi <VVNikitin@yandex.ru> wrote: > TEST TEST TEST 222222222222 Your test failed. With over 1000 newgroups .test your post showed up here. Now go read the FAQ and some other documentation before posting. Davide -- | Simon's Law: Everything put together falls apart sooner or later. | | | ...

Test test test #9
Test test ...

Test test test #6
Test test ...

Test test test #5
Test test ...

Test test test #8
Test test ...

Test test test #4
Test test werty <werty@swissinfo.org> wrote: > Test test THERE ARE TEST GROUPS FOR TESTING - USE THEM please :-) Jim ...

Test test test #14
Test test ...

Web resources about - Automated testing tool for Performance Tests on Solaris and Windows - comp.software.testing

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Elton John & Lady Gaga's Surprise Performance; Best Of 2016's Essence Black Women In Hollywood
Elton John and Lady Gaga perform a surprise concert in West Hollywood. Plus, Oprah Winfrey and many others attend the annual Essence Black Women ...

Polestar introduces line of Volvo performance parts
Filed under: Volvo , Performance Wish your S60, V60, or XC60 had a sportier edge? Volvo is here to help with the new Polestar Performance Parts ...

Staples, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Performance
Staples, Inc. Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Performance

PV CYCLE Achieves New Record For Silicon-Based PV Module Recycling — 96% Recycling Rate In Real-World ...
... photovoltaic technologies, PV CYCLE, has achieved a new record for silicon-based PV module recycling — a 96% recycling rate in real-world performance ...

Fox earns fans with its own debate performances
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel has emerged a winner of this raucous and impactful debate season with its sharp, detailed questioning of the ...

Beyoncé Gives Surprise Performance at Blue Ivy's Elementary School Gala
Beyoncé Gives Surprise Performance at Blue Ivy's Elementary School Gala