Unable to connect to oracle db

I need the TSL script to connect to database.

Thanks
comp.software.testing 5261 articles. 1 followers. debbymelton (5) is leader. Post Follow

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ Really bad web site. It just a bunch of ads and a little copyrighted information taken from other sites. quratulainz@yahoo.com wrote: > Get all the information on free software testing certifications, > software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about > automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also > find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software > testing is a successful profession, > see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ > I have a different openion for this site. Software testing manual and automated both have its own marits and demarits. You are covering only the automated testing. It would be nice if you add some thing about manual testing as well. Your website design is simple and for learners its good. quratulainz@yahoo.com wrote: > Get all the information on free software testing certifications, > software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about > automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also > find for your self the suitable software testi...

Software-testing jobs, software testing trainings, All about software testing and software testing tools
Get all the information on free software testing certifications, software testing jobs available in the market, get to know about automated software testing and the basic software testing tools, also find for your self the suitable software testing trainings.Software testing is a successful profession, see details on http://software-testing.certification-tips.com/ ...

Oracle EM and PL/SQL developer unable to connect to DB
I installed Oracle 10gR2 on Linux machine (CentOS Release 5). This machine uses DHCP protocol. I can't use EM from my PC to connect to the database. I made sure that the Entrprise Manager is up and running on the Linux machine. emctl status dbconsole TZ set to US/Eastern Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release 10.2.0.1.0 Copyright (c) 1996, 2005 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g is running. Dropped and recreated EM repository using emca deconfig/config commands. Unlocked the syman account. Edited the entries in emoms.properties for the encrypted password. Stopped and restarted EM using emctl start/stop dbconsole command. But still the EM can't connect to the DB. I understand that this problem could be DHCP related. If so, is there a work-around? Also, I can not connect to the DB on the Linux machine using PL/SQL developer on my PC. I get ORA-12560 TNS Protocol adapter error. I made sure that the entry in my tnsnames.ora file on the PC is same as the one in the tnsnames.ora file on the Linux machine. On Linux machine, I can connect to the DB using SQLPlus. I stopped and restarted the listener on the linix machine. What else should I check? Thanks in advance. On Jan 31, 10:34=A0am, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik...@gmail.com> wrote: > I installed Oracle 10gR2 on Linux machine (CentOS Release 5). This > machine uses DHCP protocol. > > I...

Unable to connect to Oracle 9i database via Oracle 6i Developer
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's various functions -- Graphics Builder, Query Builder, Schema Builder, Procedure Builder, and Translation Builder. As you know, these functions want to connect to a database but I get this error at the Connect screen: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name As info, the user name and password are fine for both Oracle 9i and Developer. Oracle 9i works fine. I can connect to my databases (Demo and OpsData) with no problem in 9i's SQLPlus window. It's the connections via Developer that's the problem. (In case you need to know, Oracle 9i reside in the C:\Oracle\ora92 directory with ora92 as the HOME. Developer 6i resides in the C:\Oracle\ora9i directory with ora9i as its HOME.) The TNSNAMES.ORA file for Oracle 9i reads as follows: # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. OPSDATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OpsData.jgyk801) ) ) INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CON...

Unable to connect to the DB
Hello, DB2 V8 LUW FP12 + Linux. I have just turned on DB2's connection concentrator feature. MAX_COORDAGENTS=1100 and MAX_CONNECTIONS=1500. Two hours after restarting the instance, the db stopped responding. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no message in db2diag.log (diaglevel 3). I was even unable to simply locally connect to the DB (no network issues). A simple "list applications show detail" never returned any results. To bring the system back online, I had to kill -9 all db2 processes and restart the instance. I am puzzled. Why has DB2 stopped responding? Now everybody wants to turn off connection concentrator. I am actually interested in finding out how to troubleshoot a hung system when you are unable to connect to the DB, and see absolutely nothing in db2diag. Can anyone suggest any tools? Thanks in advance. Michel Esber wrote: > Hello, > > DB2 V8 LUW FP12 + Linux. > > I have just turned on DB2's connection concentrator feature. > MAX_COORDAGENTS=1100 and MAX_CONNECTIONS=1500. > > Two hours after restarting the instance, the db stopped responding. > Unfortunately, there was absolutely no message in db2diag.log > (diaglevel 3). > > I was even unable to simply locally connect to the DB (no network > issues). A simple "list applications show detail" never returned any > results. > > To bring the system back online, I had to kill -9 all d...

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

800 Interview questions on Software Testing Basics, Testing techniques, Software process,CMMI,SIX sigma, Metrics Automation testing Testing estimation and lot
800 Interview questions on Software Testing Basics, Testing techniques, Software process,CMMI,SIX sigma, Metrics Automation testing Testing estimation and lot Download the ebook now from http://www.questpond.com/SampleSoftwaretestinginterview.zip ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

Connecting to a remote Oracle DB
Hello everyone, using the ruby Oracle driver I connect to a local db with the following code: conn = Oracle.new('username', 'passwd', '') how can i connect to a remore to a remote database? I have the ip and port (lets say 10.0.0.1 and 9999) I tried Oracle.new('username', 'passwd', '10.0.0.1:9999') but this doesnt work :( Any ideas? thanks in advance, George Moschovitis On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:31:05 +0900, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, > > using the ruby Oracle driver I connect ...

How to connect to an Oracle DB in .NET
Hi, I�ve got it (arf, arf, ....) This is the Connection String to connect to an Oracle DB in a remote server, in :NET: ConnectionString = "Provider=msdaora;Data Source=MyOracleBD;Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Port=yyyy;User ID=user_id;Password=password;" So, a complete code to connect and get data from a DB would be: public DataSet GetData() { DataSet ds = new DataSet("Data"); try { string command_string, connection_string; connection_string = "Provider=msdaora;Data Source=MyOracleBD;Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Port=x;User ID=user_id;Password=password;" command_string = "SELECT column01,column02 FROM table WHERE condition"; OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(connection_string); conn.Open(); //Apply Select OleDbDataAdapter adapter = new OleDbDataAdapter( command_string, conn); adapter.Fill(ds); //Close connection conn.Close(); } catch(OleDbException oe) { string strerror; strerror = oe.Message; ds = null; } return ds; } //*********************************************** OK, I've not discovered America, but I was no able to find any thing in Inet (for a remote server case), and testing, testing... it worked! -- Regards Alfonso Hi that will get you an OLEDB connection, which may be fine. You could also consider using one of the 2 free Native .Net providers available from oracle and mic...

pros and cons in automated software testing and manual software testing
Hi, I am new to software testing.I am in need of the advantages and disadvantages faced by using manual testing or automated testing alone and also the areas where we have to use the automation and manual testing. On Apr 26, 10:32 am, gothaisunda...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I am new to software testing.I am in need of the advantages and > disadvantages faced by using manual testing or automated testing alone > and also the areas where we have to use the automation and manual > testing. Advantages of automation: If the product is for long duration or under maintainence, It reduces no of man hours and man power. It is best suited for regression testing. It reduces the risk covered by manual errors. Disadvantages: Think the product is for short interval say 3 or 4 months. Writing the scripts and debugging takes lot of time may be around 2 or 3 months so the time left for testing is around and month and so in which the tester can do complete testing of the features. As we all know that bug can lie anywhere i.e if we take a cube , so the automation can be done in a linear way which may not be able find out many bugs. > Advantages of automation: > If the product is for long duration or under maintainence, It reduces no of man hours and man power. Not necessarily. It depends on what the automated test does versus what a manaul tester does. There are some things that computers do faster and/or better than us humans, but a computer will never think like...

oracle DB test set
Hello. If I wish to have a comprehensive test set for Oracle DB contain all possible SQL code, covering as much Oracle features as possible, where can I try to look for it or how can I build it? On May 23, 3:46 am, drop...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello. > If I wish to have a comprehensive test set for Oracle DB contain all > possible SQL code, covering as much Oracle features as possible, where > can I try to look for it or how can I build it? The Oracle Express product is a freely available via download from http://technet.oracle.com nearly full functional version of the 10gR2 Oracl...

test test test test

Connecting JDeveloper to Oracle DB
Hello all, A dumb, dumb question. I have Oracle JDeveloper Version 9.0.5.0.0 Preview and instance of Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 . All this is running on a single XP minicomputer. Problem: I cannot get JDeveloper to connect to the Oracle DB. I went through all the connection wizards on JDeveloper, but nothing seemed to work. I am a novice to JDeveloper but not a novice to Oracle DB. Can someone tell what kind of connection I want and how to establish it. Thank you all Gary Floam wrote: > Hello all, > > A dumb, dumb question. I have Oracle JDeveloper Version 9.0.5.0.0 Preview > and instance of Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 . All this > is running on a single XP minicomputer. Problem: I cannot get JDeveloper > to connect to the Oracle DB. I went through all the connection wizards on > JDeveloper, but nothing seemed to work. I am a novice to JDeveloper but not > a novice to Oracle DB. Can someone tell what kind of connection I want and > how to establish it. > > Thank you all > > try: localhost:1521:orcl provided your listener is up and running. For me, thin driver, fqhn, listener port and sid work fine -- Regards, Frank van Bortel The basic instructions on connecting to the Database from JDeveloper are on OTN in the JDeveloper tutorials: http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe_as_1012/j2ee/common/obeconnection.htm It would ...

Unable to connect to Oracle 10g
hi I installed Oracle Database 10g on Fedora Core2 and i started it, but when i tried to connect to the database from an Oracle Client 9i under windows 2000 i get the following error ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error. To be noticed that i pinged the client from the Linux Server and vice versa and everything was ok. Anyone can help? Tanhks in advance Elias Saade wrote: > hi > > I installed Oracle Database 10g on Fedora Core2 and i started it, but > when i tried to connect to the database from an Oracle Client 9i under > windows 2000 i get the following error ORA-12560: T...

Could Not Connect To SMTP Host Connection Failed -- Software caused connection abort: connect
Hi All, Great to have this discussion group which is helping to clear the issues. Thanks in advance to all. I am having strange exception when trying to send email through java. I am using my mail server hostname to connect it. My mail server is SMTP server. When I tried to ping the IP Address it is fine. I tried to execute the same in another machine. The result is same. The exception I am getting is this way. javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: <hostname>, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: conne...

Limiting modplsql connections to Oracle DB
I am attempting to limit the number of connections from OracleIAS 9I 1.0.2.2.2 web server to an Oracle 8.1.7 database. The documentation is very sketchy as to how to do this. The IAS is running on Windows 2000 and most of the Apache Documentation is geared towards UNIX. My question is as follows: If I want to have a maximum of X number of connections from IAS through modplsql to the Oracle database what setting(s) do I adjust in Apache/modplsql ? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

DB connection setup for Unit Testing
I am trying to take a test-driven approach to a script I am writing. The script needs to connect to SQLServer using DBI. Currently it looks like this: class BurndownTests < Test::Unit::TestCase def setup db = DBI.connect("DBI:ODBC:driver={SQL Server};Server=INPSESVER1;Database=RMT;Trusted_Connection=yes;") end def teardown db.disconnect end def test_connectrmtrack pass end def test_export_schedule pass end def test_format_datecols pass end def test_count_resolutions pass end def test_dumptofile pass end end The is...

Need to Connect to Oracle DB with no ODBC
I have an Access2002 database that needs to connect to an Oracle Database. I connected to my Oracle DB in a simple VB6 app using no ODBC data source. How do I do the same thing using VBA in Access? Below is the code I used in the VB app to connect to the Oracle database, and I just can't seem to get it translated to ADO in Access/VBA. Any assistance is appreciated. Here is the VB code that connects to Oracle with no OBDC: <begin code> Private Sub Form_Load() Dim cnConn As Connection Dim rsTemp As Recordset Dim strDB As String, strTable As String, strMsg As String, strSQL As Stri...

Oracle db connection problem solved
Thanks much for help with the Oracle db connection problem. That, plus some local assistance getting the sqlnet.ora default domain right, got everything fixed. Now I'm connected, and have been able to retrieve information from Oracle into my PC Python session. I seem to see a lot of advice asking people to google before submitting a problem to the list. This was nicely illustrated by the suggestion to google on the verbatim Oracle database error code. I was amazed to see all the stuff it brought up, and I'll certainly add googling for even proprietary error codes to my bag of tricks. ...

Streams Replication: source DB Oracle 11gR2, Target DB Oracle 11gR1
We are replicating a few tables from Oracle Database 11gR2 to Oracle 11gR1 using Streams Replication (Downstream Capture). The archived log files from the source DB (11gR2) are shipped to a shared drive. We then register the archived log files at the target database (11gR1) using ALTER DATABASE REGISTER ... command. We are getting the following error message: ORA-01333: failed to establish Logminer Dictionary ORA-01304: subordinate process error. Check alert and trace logs ORA-01358: LogMiner version is less than mined dictionary version Do we need to update the target database to 11gR2 ? I...

Test if oracle db is available at runtime?
Hey All, I've got a big big job that gathers data from hither and tither, one source of which is an oracle database. If the oracle db is up & running when my program hits it, all is well. But if it's e.g., down for maintenance I get ERROR: ORACLE connection error: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor. sas sets OBS = 0, (but keeps running for some reason) and all my hard-earned data go away. I would like to either call a halt to my program, not start it in the first place, or skip the oracle step (it...

Connection to Oracle DB from Smalltalk not working
Hello all, I am satheesh smalltalk developer. Visualworks 7.2.1; connection to Oracle DB in HP UX is not working for me. my Application, Oracle client and DB server are in same HP UX machine. I had tried setting SHLIB_PATH to Oracle library directory getting error: library is not linked to object engine. need help to resolve the issue thanks satheesh ...

Web resources about - Unable to connect to oracle db - comp.software.testing

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Apple rolls out redesigned Payments and Financial Reports view in iTunes Connect to developers
... is rolling out a small but useful improvement to developers today. It has overhauled the Payments and Financial Reports section of iTunes Connect ...

Connect shapes with one path in Linken, an elegant puzzler
For a new puzzle experience with challenging levels, attractive visuals, and a smooth soundtrack, Linken is your game. Just connect the colored ...

Apple launches 'Podcasts Connect' Web portal for managing digital content
Apple on Tuesday made it easier for podcaster to validate, publish and manage their content online with the launch of a new iTunes Connect-based ...

Samsung Connect Auto brings LTE data to your car
Filed under: Infotainment , Smartphone , Technology Samsung revealed its own take on smarter vehicle tech, called Connect Auto.

Samsung Connect Auto turns your dumb car into a smart car
It's not just brand new vehicles that can be considered smart cars. Today Samsung launches Samsung Connect Auto, a plug-in module that can transform ...

The State of Apple Music Connect
Dave Wiskus: If Connect is a social network, it fails miserably. There’s nothing inherently social about the experience, which feels more like ...

Facebook is trying to blow up another huge market as it attempts to connect the entire world
Facebook wants to connect the world. That's why it formed Internet.org, which offered free access to (parts of) the internet in the developing ...