using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)

I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version
and size of the font being used.

Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for:

Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I
just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it?

Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you.

-Halina
0
hmil9 (1)
8/12/2003 12:47:41 PM
comp.software.testing 5261 articles. 1 followers. debbymelton (5) is leader. Post Follow

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation LiberationMono-Bold.ttf LiberationSans-Regular.ttf LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf LiberationMono-Italic.ttf LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationMono-Regular.ttf LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf LiberationSans-Bold.ttf LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf fonts.dir LiberationSans-Italic.ttf fonts.scale But when I try setting GDFONTPATH, it still gets the same error: rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font Rich Cook wrote: > H...

How to use my own font names (i.e. a creating font aliases?)
I would like to be able to specific the fonts with my own name, as right now I have to specify ua1r8r for Arial: \font\arial10=ua1r8r at 10pt Instead, I want to be able to write: \font\arial10=arial at 10pt Can I change the font name to do that? Thanks! - Mark Mark London <mrl@psfc.mit.edu> wrote: : I would like to be able to specific the fonts with my own name, as right now I : have to specify ua1r8r for Arial: : \font\arial10=ua1r8r at 10pt : Instead, I want to be able to write: : \font\arial10=arial at 10pt : Can I change the font name to do that? Thanks! - Mark Well, th...

FONTS ? (name of default font using gplot cgmof97L ?)
Does anyone know the name of the default font please when using gplot with cgmof97L ? The default font only seems to be usable with single letter upper case characters. I can use other fonts such as zapf, or swiss or complex or simplex but it would be very helpful to know just which the default font is. The trouble is that the default font comes out best on my output, but for some tests I need more characters and so have to use another font for those and the difference between them is a bit problematic. If I knew the name of the default font I might be able to get a workaround. Thanks ...

Requesting a font/font name
Hi. I want the font which is used in Naruto anime (english, aired by cartoon network) subtitling, used to describe the name of episode. OR, please tell the name of that font! ADNAN_16A2@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. I want the font which is used in Naruto anime (english, aired by > cartoon network) subtitling, used to describe the name of episode. OR, > please tell the name of that font! A sample would likely be very helpful for font identification. I have access to some of the DVDs, so I'll see if I can get a frame grab... -- Vid the Kid "Does this font make me look fat?&quo...

font to use in another font
I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks. -John John Baima In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>, John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote: > I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the > characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English > glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out the...

Name of the font? Nome font?
Qualcuno mi puo' indicare il nome della font in immagine? Anyone could help me to find the name of the font of the linked image?... http://www.digitalroads.it/temp/font.jpg Grazie/Thanks -- "Papa',cosa sono le icone? - Sono immagini sacre. - E perche Windows ne ha tante? - Perche ci vogliono i miracoli per farlo funzionare" ]-[ardcastle - ICQ#115164955 In article <b27vn1lpt0q7b83dsvljriptjgkqlepi4t@4ax.com>, "M'Pol aka ]-[ardcastle" <lomjoeNOWASTE@hotmail.com> wrote: > Qualcuno mi puo' indicare il nome della font in immagine? > Anyo...

How do you generate an array of actual font names from your /fonts folder in PHP?
Consider my code: [PHP] /** * Set the TTF array property $ttfArray * * @access private * @see actual_path */ function &setTTFArray() { // STATIC VOID METHOD global $ttfPath; // OBTAIN VAR FROM project_globals.inc.php if (is_dir($ttfPath)) { $dirID = @opendir(actual_path($ttfPath)); while ($ttf = @readdir($dirID)) if (@is_file(actual_path("$ttfPath/$ttf")) && preg_match('/\.ttf$/i', $ttf)) @array_push($this->ttfArray, actual_path("$ttfPath/$ttf")); } } [/PHP] This will generate an array of TTF font names, however, the...

Re: FONTS ? (name of default font using gplot cgmof97L ?)
radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM sagely replied: >Not sure of the default, but you can specify your default using > goptions ftext="{true-type-font-name}", or > goptions ftext={SAS-font-name} > >CGMOF97L is also graphics device with 'hardware' fonts. You should be able >to specify which one you want by using > goptions CHARTYPE={chartype-#}, or > HWCGM### in font specifications (e.g. title f=HWCGM006 "This text >should >be rendered Times Roman Bold") > >Use SAS Explorer to view SASHELP.DEVICES.CGMOF97L. It should show >...

Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font?
Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use with window API to draw the font on the screen? if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font? mttc wrote: > Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use > with window API to draw the font on the screen? I think both. Java has it's own fonts, and it will use the native (Windows) ones too. > if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/...

Urgent problem with font sizes in latex: signature page fonts, chapter page chapter name font
Hi there, I am a newbie using Latex for writing my thesis. I have no clue how to change the .sty or .cls files as I am using others templates, (.sty files) directly on Winedt and editing them with my text. I use a document class: report.The chapter font size in the beginning page of each chapter has a large font size. Is there a way I can reduce this font size to12? Also in the table of contents page the dots dont extend to the page numbers for the chapters and main headings. Only subsections etc., have dots extending to page numbers. Any help on this? The Signature page shows up font sizes...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings for the characters that appear in those orthographies and not in the various western/Roman alphabets (English, French, etc.). -- AF "Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team." --artyw raises the bar on rec.sport.baseball Alice Faber wrote: > You've enabled something about Central European input German and Arabic, to be precise. Not exactly Central Europe... > The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings > for the characters that appear in those orthographies I thought with the upcoming of Unicode there's one and only one font for "all" script systems? So what's the deal? I've noticed that the fonts concerned are all of the type ".dfont" and they appear twice only in programs that have a "traditional" font menue. Stefan In article <bp8qd3$6up$1@ne...

How to display a font name and font sizes
Hi folks, I'd like to print name font (and any sizes) in colophon. We've tried for instance \the\font and \the\familydefault and \f@family and many others but its output is weird number (ie "Arial(0)", SIL(0)". Here is our example: \documentclass[showtrims,a4paper,13pt]{memoir} \usepackage[brazilian]{babel} \usepackage{microtype} % XeLaTeX \usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode} \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text} \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Arial} \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Charis SIL} \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Charis SIL} \begin{document} \the\font \familydefault \makeatletter \f@encoding \f@family \f@series \f@shape \f@size \f@baselineskip \makeatother \end{document} Thanks for any help, Jorge Sallum Am Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:34:30 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jorge sallum: > Hi folks, > > I'd like to print name font (and any sizes) in colophon. We've tried > for instance \the\font and \the\familydefault and \f@family and many > others but its output is weird number (ie "Arial(0)", SIL(0)". Here is > our example: You can get the primitive name with \fontname. But I don't think that the short names (Charis SIL) are stored somewhere \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont{Arial} \setsansfont{Charis SIL} \begin{document} \fontname\font \sffamily \fontname\font \end{document} -- Ulrike Fischer jorge sallum <jorge@hedra.com.br> ...

Old fonts v. new fonts
I'm proofreading English-language versions of some scientific articles that have many slavic place-names and personal names in them, with consequent occurrence of special characters such as appear in slavic versions of the Roman alphabet (such as A-breve, etc.) These appear correctly on my laptop, with Word 2008; but on my old G4 (Word X or 2001) they do not. When I check the font on my laptop, it is Times New Roman. So my questions is: can I copy the font from my laptop to the G4 and get the extra characters? Or is their some reason a newer font might require an Inte...

font names versus font files
My OS is windows xp. When an html file contains a line such as <font face="comic sans ms" size=+1> the file that is picked up is not "comic sans ms" but simply "comic.ttf". Where is the code that correlates "comic sans ms" with "comic.ttf"? Is this the reason that fonts are "installed" in windows? Installed so that the look-up table is corrected? Tnx, Charles On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, charles cashion wrote: > Where is the code that correlates "comic sans ms" > with "comic.ttf"? The operating system doe...

Font name in Windows font dialogs
Hello dear newsgroup readers, When i look into the Microsoft Word font chooser, I see all fonts rendered with the glyphs they contain, except "Windings", "MS Outlook" and some others. My own barcode font now is rendered with its name shown in the symbols of my font which makes really hard to distinguish from other barcode fonts in the drop down list. How do i make windows to show my font name without using the glyphs from my font? With best regards, Daniel Migowski Daniel Migowski wrote: > Hello dear newsgroup readers, > > When i look...

font editing software for tex fonts?
In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a replacement for the math italic font for use with Times Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font metrics? (I've seen VTeX's TFM Editor, but it only works for fonts in VTeX's IF4 format and I don't think it can be used with virtual fonts.) How about the following alternative? Use a PostScript font editor to create a composite type 1 font, adjust the metrics in that font editor, and then use afm2tfm? I see a couple problems with this approach:...

How to figure out font file from font name
Acrobat Reader tells me that a certain (PdfTeX generated) PDF file contains the following fonts: SFSS0900, SFSX1728, SFRM1000, SFTI1000, SFRM1095 and SFBX1095. I would like to know to what actual font files these rather terse names happen to refer to. How can I figure that out? (I cannot find any font files with these names in my own TeX font tree, but that is perhaps simply because I do not, at present, have these particular fonts installed on my system). Many thanks in advance for any ideas, Christian "Christian Stapfer" <nobody@nowhere.nil> schrieb im...

correct "sizing" of Helvetica font, relative to various times-new-roman fonts, to have both fonts have the same x-height
Greetings! I hope the following isn't an faq (at least, it doesn't seem to be in the UK TUG FAQ). Basically, my question comes up because I'm involved in a project that requires the use of "Times New Roman" (hereafter, TNR) as the main text font and "Helvetica" as the sans-serif font. I use both TexLive 2010 and MikTeX 2.9 on PCs and TexLive/MacTeX 2010 on an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.5. As is well known, Helvetica and TNR differ considerably in their x- heights (for a given font size of, say, 10pt or 12pt). In various packages. (The letters u, v, w, and z work as well...) I've found references on comp.text.tex to the effect that Helvetica should be scaled down by about 6 percent in order to make it have the same x- height as TNR. This is easily accomplished by loading, e.g., the helvet package with the "scaled=0.94 option", viz., \usepackage[scaled=0.94]{helvet}. My issue is that I am puzzled why others state that the scaling factor should be about 6%. Based on extensive font size comparisons, I believe the scaling factor should be about 12.6% when using the "standard" TNR fonts, and 14.3% when using the txfonts package, if the objective is to get TNR and Helvetica to have the exact-same x- heights. Is this discrepancy because the old instructions/suggestions I've found are based on some TNR implementation (which I don't seem to have access to) with a radically different, viz., l...

Installation of Impression Publisher Fonts Fail Using the 'Font Install 1.03' Software
After installing Impression Publisher I am unable to install any of the (default) Fonts included with this application. Some Impression Publisher functions refuse to start because the default fonts cannot be found. The fonts on the disc may not be accessed directly ... it appears that the default fonts must be unpacked and installed by the font installation program included with Impression Publisher - Font Install 1.03 When attempting to use Font Install 1.03 the application reports that the system is "Out of Memory" - yet the task manager advises that in excess of 160,000Kbytes ar...

Can not use fonts stored in Fonts folder
The Courier font, for which there are two types of Courier font installed on my system, is not displayed in the font drop-down menu in my copy of Word 2000. I have tried to fix this problem but can not. Does anyone know how I can get these two versions of Courier to display so I can use that font in my Word documents? ...

Font embedding problem: coded font names?
I've received a TeXShop-generated PDF file from a colleague in which many of the math symbols in the equations don't print or have obviously incorrect substitutions when I try to print it using Acrobat. I also get Acrobat warnings like "Unable to find font ABCXYZ+CMR10; Courier substituted". Converting the PDF file to a Postscript (.ps) file and examining this with a text editor shows that all of the dozen or so font names appearing in the file have been renamed from standard TeX names cmr10, cmmi10, etc., to the form "ABCXYZ+CMR10", etc, where "A...

If I have a TTF font file, what is its font name in Ghostscript?
I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not.... On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Ross Presser wrote: > I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not.... What was the question? Oh, you wrote it only in the Subject and forgot to ask in the body of your posting. The PostScript name is stored in the 'name' table. http://developer.apple.com/textfonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6name.html In article <1169135234.543684.239990@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Ross Presser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote: > I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not... Don't you need to put an entry in the Fontmap file anyway ? At any rate, I came across a similar problem a few GS release back (I wanted to populate the Fontmap with the proper name...) I simply associated the TTF file to a /Dummy fontname in Fontmap and then called 'findfont' for that dummy name. Recent versions of GS shows you a message that gives the expected PS name ("Using ThisFontPSName font for Dummy") This does not seem to work for large (?) fonts. For instance, the 6+ Megabytes "MS Gothic" found in MS Office 2004 Test Drive on my Mac errors out on GS 8.54 with a /rangecheck in --string--, having a 90000+ value on top of operand stack) Otherwise, parsing the TTF tables is another possibility. -- ________________________________________________________ Fran�ois Robert On 18 Jan 2007 07:47:1...

Find the font file name from fonts.dir?
I have: the XLFD such as -monospace-Arial-bold-.... I want: the font file name such as "arialbd.ttf" (for Arial bold) which I need for the PDFLib as to export PDF documents. I've noticed that both values are listed in the font directories in a file called fonts.dir (clever me ;). Now my question: does there exist some XLib API call which does that for me? XListFonts only returns me matching XLFDs, given a certain XLFD which is is not what I want. Or can anyone point me to some sample code which does this job (iterate over all directories in the font path as returne...

Web resources about - using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name) - comp.software.testing

Generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Tasmania battles to keep lights on with cloud-seeding and diesel generators
The Apple Isle is using a fleet of diesel gennies and cloud seeding to try and make it rain, but will this state run out of power?

Tasmania battles to keep lights on with cloud-seeding and diesel generators
The Apple Isle is using a fleet of diesel gennies and cloud seeding to try and make it rain, but will this state run out of power?

Price Drop: Hexaglyphics Noise Generator
Hexaglyphics Noise Generator 1.1.2 Device: iOS iPad Only Category: Music Price: Free, Version: 1.1.2 ( iTunes ) Description: http://phantomdevices.org/ ...

On-chip random key generator made using carbon nanotubes
(credit: IBM ) Carbon nanotubes are small and can be semiconducting, which makes lots of people excited about using them as a replacement for ...

Silicon Valley's elite startup generator is shaking up how it runs things
Silicon Valley's Y Combinator has reached its Alphabet moment. Last August, Google had become way more than a hub for internet searching so ...

Generator explodes inside Texas refinery
Plume of blue, black smoke seen rising after blast

Philippines Now The Largest Wind Power Generator In ASEAN Region
... (ASEAN) region, according to media reports quoting former Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri, [&hellip Philippines Now The Largest Wind Power Generator ...