IBM

hi,
could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for
free download.
If not what are my options (Indian with regional lingo also good) for
free download of
the afore via-voice software varios

0
zenacosta (1)
5/9/2007 8:50:06 AM
comp.speech.users 984 articles. 0 followers. mmarkoe954 (57) is leader. Post Follow

zenacosta@gmail.com wrote:
> could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for
> free download.

Never (to my knowledge) was it legally available for free download.
It's currently distributed by Nuance.

--
Hubert Cr�py
0

Any IBM BASIC users?
Hi folks! Does anyone know if there are any active users of "IBM BASIC"? This is/was a version of BASIC that IBM introduced in the early 1980s for their mainframe computers as a replacement for VS/BASIC. IBM BASIC was intended to be generally source compatible with a number of the mini- and micro-computer BASIC dialects available at the time, such as RM/BASIC and its variants. It ran on MVS and VM/CMS. I worked for the company that developed IBM BASIC under contract to IBM, and had a small part in the design of the runtime I/O system. Every now and then I can't hel...

How to tell if domain\user is a local user or domain user?
Hello, there, I got a user name from LookupAccountSid in format of Domain\User. But the domain part could also be a computer name (i.e., a local user instead of domain user). Is there a way to tell if this user is a domain user? Thanks! ...

[ace-users] AIO in IBM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C5E36E.4C40CCF2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, =20 I have ACE 5.4 built on IBM AIX 5.3 using the xlC_r version 7.0. =20 I have developed a small application (server1) which listens on a socket for client connections. This application in turn connects as a client to another server (server2) on a socket to send the requests that is received from the clients. I use ACE_Asynch_Acceptor in the both the servers for accepting the cl...

Question to IBM xlf users
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040808030007030303020202 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a question for IBM xlfortran users. I've a small test application (attached) wich try to get the program options. It works fine on xlf 8.1 until I use the -qintsize=8 options. It seems that iargc() function and getarg(...) procedure do not works with this flag. example of using the prog: #xlf bide.f #./a.out -t -z Il y a 2 options [ 1 ] -t [ 2 ] -z #xlf -qintsize=8 bide.f #./a.out -t -z Il y a 2...

user to user authentication
hi, I have 2 questions concerning user-to-user authentication. First, I'm currently trying to develop a client/server application that uses kerberos 'user-to-user' authentication mechanism. Looking at kerberos source code examples, I've seen that u2u authentication is implemented in a reversed way, that is to say client issues a recvauth(..) and server issues a sendauth(..). With this schema, server credential cache grows up for each connection as it has to get a new u2u TGS for clients that don't send an previously sent TGT. I would like to implement u2u authenticati...

Users and user schedules
Hi, I'm designing a database in which we need to keep track of the users of a game, store their scores etc. The game is part of a training program, and it is now desired that the teachers be able to set up a schedule for each user. The schedule can contain different scenarios the user is going to play, as well as urls to websites with questionnaires the user has to complete before continuing. Other kinds of schedule items may appear later. The schedule items must thus be ordered. An example of a schedule can be: 1. Play scenario 1 2. Play scenario 2 3. Complete questionnaire f...

IBM T42 Users
Hi, I have a new IBM T42 as you may know there is no Windows key. Is there a way to configure the keyboard so that it can do a combination will do the same? Thanks. IS "IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message news:hQuJd.19552$wi2.12770@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > I have a new IBM T42 as you may know there is no Windows key. > Is there a way to configure the keyboard so that it can do a combination > will do the same? Ctrl-Esc -- ><eM eL><Washington, D.C.>< ><There's no place like 127.0.0.1>< Get Keyboard customizer utility fro...

IBM User Group (SHARE) info
For IBM mainframe (COBOL or otherwise) users, "EARLY-BIRD SAVINGS EXPIRE JANUARY 9 Time is running out to take advantage of the Early-Bird registration discount for SHARE User Events in Long Beach, valid only through January 9. Don't delay - members save $275 per attendee! Be sure to use the Promotion Code EM6 to ensure your savings! While one low registration fee grants you unrestricted access to all three events, registering for the event you primarily wish to attend allows SHARE to provide you with a customized event experience. Register today for the event that best suits your n...

Re: [ace-users] AIO in IBM
Hi Krishna, >> I have ACE 5.4 built on IBM AIX 5.3 using the xlC_r version 7.0. >> >> I have developed a small application (server1) which listens on a socket >> for client connections. This application in turn connects as a client to >> another server (server2) on a socket to send the requests that is >> received from the clients. I use ACE_Asynch_Acceptor in the both the >> servers for accepting the client connections and I use the >> ACE_Asynch_Connector to connect from the server1 to server2. >> >> This works fine in...

NYPC Speech Recognition Users Group Meeting
Laura Miner of the NYPC NYPC Speech Recognition Users Group Meeting asked me to post the message below. Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc. ----------------------------------------------------------------- NUANCE is sending a Dragon representative to our December Speech SIG! DATE: Wednesday December 17 , 2008 TIME: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. LOCATION: NYPC Office - Hotel New Yorker, 481 8th Avenue at 34th Street, Room 550 (5th Floor) TOPIC: Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10: Presentation and Q and A. GUEST SPEAKER: Kristen Wylie, Product Marketing Manager, Dragon Naturally S...

IBM BG/Q users: coarray compiler?
I just got access to IBM BG/Q system. It seems IBM BG/Q XL Fortran 14.1 does not support coarrays at all [1]. However, a report from 2010 [2] says: *quote* The IBM CoArray Fortran compiler is built on top of the existing XL Fortran compiler stack and integrated with the PGAS runtime also used by XL UPC. It aims to eventually be a fully compliant F2008 implementation. *end quote* I find it amazing that IBM fortran complier for HPC systems does not support a major fortran HPC feature, especially given that fact that they had an implementation nearly 3 years ago. So, I wanted ...

RE: [ace-users] AIO in IBM #2
Hi Doug, When you say later version of the OS, what do you mean, is it the older version like 5.2 or earlier?, as my understanding is that AIX 5.3 is the latest. Regards, KK -----Original Message----- From: Douglas C. Schmidt [mailto:schmidt@cs.wustl.edu] Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 6:52 PM To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; Krishna_Subramaniam Subject: Re: [ace-users] AIO in IBM Hi Krishna, >> I have ACE 5.4 built on IBM AIX 5.3 using the xlC_r version 7.0. >> >> I have developed a small application (server1) which listens on a socket >> for cl...

Speech code from IBM to become open source
http://news.com.com/Speech+code+from+IBM+to+become+open+source/2100-7344_3-5363164.html IBM plans to announce Monday that it will contribute some of its speech-recognition software to two open-source software groups. The move is a tactical step by IBM to accelerate the development of speech applications and to outmaneuver rivals, especially Microsoft, in a market that is expected to grow rapidly in the next few years with increased use in customer-service call centers, cars and elsewhere. To do this, IBM is again using the strategy of placing some of its proprietary s...

IBM to shut down it's user forums.
If anyone cares about this move on IBM's part to close it's user forums in November.. I'd suggest wandering over there and making a bit of noise. Thanks for reading, Al... "Al Adrian" <ara@401SPAMNOTrams.org> wrote in message news:3f8b25e5$0$446$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl... > If anyone cares about this move on IBM's part to close it's user forums in > November.. I'd suggest wandering over there and making a bit of noise. > The url would come in useful. Lucar "Lucar" <areluc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bmghkj$qpv$1@ab...

HUB IBM 8222.016....user guide
where is the user guide for "ETHERNET HUB IBM 8222.016"? thanks ...

IBM Contact info from Users Forum in Atlanta?
Greetings, Anyone have the contact info for a few of the IBM'ers listed below. Some I had from the 2 Users Forum in Atlanta but they have been misplaced. Bruce Weed Foreign speaking gent that mentioned he had a "big stick". Yeah, thats food for fodder!!!! If you have the above info please share. I'm not having much luck getting a response out of our beloved "Informix Dynamic Server Product Manager" and I'm starting to get a bit pissed! So I thought I would try going higher up. Hell, if anyone has an email address for the one taking Janet...

RE: [ace-users] AIO in IBM #2
Hi folks, > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of > Krishna_Subramaniam > Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 8:30 AM > To: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [ace-users] AIO in IBM > > > Hi Doug, > > When you say later version of the OS, what do you mean, is it > the older > version like 5.2 or earlier?, as my understanding is that AIX > 5.3 is the latest. Yes, AIX 5.3 is the latest. If your code crashes the OS, this should...

Mac users "exposure" to speech apps
Get Mac users on board for speech recognition, if they ever have the need to use such an app. Historically, Mac users have never had direct access to excellent speech-to-text apps, while Windows users have long enjoyed professional versions of "Dragon NaturallySpeaking". In the last year or so, Windows users even have access to a free app included with Vista, also that same free app will be included with the new "System 7" OS, due out soon. Meanwhile, the Mac languishes, most Mac users are not even aware of what speech apps are used for, or the benefits they might pe...

IBM are "gauging user interest in CAF"
I received a private mail from IBM XL Fortran frontend team leader. He said that they are "gauging user interest in CAF". So if anybody here is interested, I suggest they contact IBM directly and let them know. Anton On 8/8/2013 3:45 AM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote: > I received a private mail from IBM XL Fortran frontend team leader. > He said that they are "gauging user interest in CAF". > So if anybody here is interested, I suggest they contact IBM directly > and let them know. > > Anton What is CAF? Lynn Lynn McGuire <lmc@wi...

[News] IBM Speech Translation Software Supports Linux
US Military Testing IBM Speech Translation Technology ,----[ Quote ] | United States military personnel are testing new voice, speech | and translation technology from IBM to speak with Iraqi locals | in their own language. IBM's Multilingual Automatic Speech-to-Speech | Translator, or "MASTOR," is designed to take spoken input from its | users and convey the meaning of what is said in translated speech. `---- http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/53693.html On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:43:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > US Military Testing IBM Speech Translation Technology >...

IBM tells users not to install Windows XP update
IBM ... is holding off on installing the security focused update for Windows XP. In a note headlined "To patch -- or not to patch" posted Friday on its corporate intranet, IBM tells its employees not to download SP2 when it becomes available because of compatibility issues. ... Not only IBM is showing evidence of compatibility issues with XP SP2. Microsoft's own software is also affected. Earlier this week the software vendor released an update for Microsoft CRM ... 1.2 because SP2 will prevent the original application from running ...

IBM wants OS/2 users to transition to Linux?
Then why dont they show this support by offering it pre-loaded on their PCs? http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/10/08/HNmsdominance_1.html > Then why don't they show this support by offering it pre-loaded > on their PCs? > Thanks for the article. Interesting to see "what is going on". AFAIK, IBM does pre-install Linux on *some* of their E-Server and/or NetFinity Server computer systems. (They may have a different brand name by now.), for instance as a choice between a Microsoft product or the Red Hat Linux product. (IBM is(was?) a major name owner/shareholder o...

user ibm printer / model 6400
Not used very much, Including 6 boxes listingpaper and 12 print-ribbons. Price: 500 Euros. ...

relay only to authenticated users if FROM: user@mydomain and no relay for users@otherdomain to staff@mydomain
Hi everyone! is there a way to say at sendmail to authenticate the users if the email sender field is "From user@mydomain.com"? this because i receive a lot of emails where the sender smtp field is forged by spammers to send emails to my domain without being authenticated. I would also like to force authentication to "group" emails account (like staff@mydomain.com) only to authenticated users? this would limit the spam from users@other_domain.com to staff@mydomain.com. i dont know if its the right place to post this, if not i apologies and maybe you could ad...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Web resources about - IBM - comp.speech.users

IBM - United States
The IBM corporate home page, entry point to information about IBM products and services.

IBM and the Holocaust - Home Page
IBM and the Holocaust is the stunning story of IBM's strategic alliance with Nazi Germany beginning in 1933 in the first weeks that Hitler came ...

IBM: Generation C: The Connected Customer
Break down the silos that plague most marketing organizations. If you are organized by media type, paid (advertising) owned (web, email, stores) ...

Welcome to the IBM Composer Pavilion!
Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system Welcome to the only site on the Internet dedicated to the IBM "Selectric" Composer ...

SCO v. IBM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... March 6, 2003, the SCO Group (formerly known as Caldera International and Caldera Systems ) filed a $1 billion lawsuit in the US against IBM ...

IBM brings Swift to the cloud, releases web framework Kitura written in Apple’s programming language
Only months after Apple officially open-sourced Swift , IBM today is announcing that they are bringing Apple’s Swift programming language to ...

IBM Finds Industry Convergence Is Biggest Challenge for CMOs - Digital - AdAge
Search, social, and programmatic display advertising has gone mobile. Thanks to smartphones, calls from marketing are skyrocketing. Learn new ...

Apple just gave IBM a huge leg up in the cloud wars with Amazon
IBM's partnership with Apple bears even more fruit today as the IBM Cloud becomes the first cloud computing platform to support the smash hit ...

The Near and Distant Future of IBM Connect 2016
Over the past few weeks I’ve been reflecting on my experience from IBM Connect 2016, working to synthesize what I saw, what I think about what ...

IBM says its new software links all your IT to the cloud
... looms large in the business world today, but it's not always clear how on-premises software and data should fit into the picture. IBM hopes ...