State of the Art text-to-speech for Windows?

What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got
TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from
it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times...

Thanks!

0
srp336 (37)
4/19/2005 3:20:09 PM
comp.speech.users 984 articles. 0 followers. mmarkoe954 (57) is leader. Post Follow

srp336@getcoactive.com schrieb:
> What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got
> TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from
> it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times...

Try ATT Natural Voices http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/
They also offer an online demo. Try it!

The best I heard so far.

/dirk
0
Dirk
4/20/2005 7:14:55 AM
<srp336@getcoactive.com> wrote in message
> What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got
> TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from
> it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times...

If you're not afraid of using commercial software, and are interested
in other languages than simply English, why don't you have a look at
Acapela's TTS
http://www.acapela-group.com/demos/demos.asp

Laurent

0
Moi
4/20/2005 9:57:31 AM
srp336@getcoactive.com wrote:

> What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've
> got TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech
> I get from it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times...

Yes it does. If you can find a cheap copy of IBM's ViaVoice, you
can install that and text aloud will pick up the included voices.
You can configure them from there. They are the best synthesized
voices, in my opinion, even better than AT&T's natural voices.
Rhythm is their best quality. They do grammar right.

Good luck.
0
John