                    application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml
        Author:     R. Denenberg, Ed.
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    rden@loc.gov
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 18090
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt

This document specifies media types for the following formats: MODS
(Metadata Object Description Schema), MADS (Metadata Authority
Description Schema), METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission
Standard), MARCXML (MARC21 XML Schema), and the SRU (Search/Retrieve
via URL Response Format) protocol response XML schema.  These are all
XML schemas providing representations of various forms of information
including metadata and search results.  This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org.  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

rfc
4/18/2011 4:40:33 PM
comp.std.announce 2062 articles. 0 followers. rfc-editor (206) is leader. Post Follow

[rfc-dist] RFC 4536 on The application/smil and application/smil+xml Media Types
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 4536 Title: The application/smil and application/smil+xml Media Types Author: P. Hoschka Status: Informational Date: July 2006 Mailbox: ph@w3.org Pages: 8 Characters: 13747 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-hoschka-smil-media-type-13.txt URL: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4536.txt This document specifies the media type for ve...

[rfc-dist] RFC 6129 on The 'application/tei+xml' Media Type
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 6129 Title: The 'application/tei+xml' Media Type Author: L. Romary, S. Lundberg Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: February 2011 Mailbox: laurent.romary@inria.fr, slu@kb.dk Pages: 8 Characters: 14214 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-lundberg-app-tei-xml-09.txt URL: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6129.txt This document defines the 'application/tei+xml' media type for markup languages defined in accordance with the Text Encoding and Interchange guidelines. This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes. INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of this memo is unlimited. This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists. To subscribe or unsubscribe, see http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html. For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html. Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the author of th...

New to XML : What is XML Application ?
Hi All, While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as configuration file and other 'low-level' application. Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business application that make use of XML ? ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ? Thank you for your help, Krist XML is a language to �mark up� structured contents. You could e.g. convert database contents into XML. The special benefit is its tree-like hierarchical structure. Roger "Krist" <xtanto@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cb48a3b.0503152315.29e8d51@posting.google.com... > H...

Reusing XML Processing Code in non-XML Applications
Hello, I'd like to introduce an article which might be of some interest: Reusing XML Processing Code in non-XML Applications HTML: http://uucode.com/texts/genxml/genxml.html PDF: http://uucode.com/texts/genxml/genxml.pdf <abstract> XML can be considered as a representation of hierarchical data, and the XML-related standards - as methods of processing such data. We describe benefits of XML view on legacy data and its processing, and suggest a method to develop XML tools and make them reusable for different tree-like structures in different programming languages. Our appro...

security-roles: application.xml vs web.xml
Hi, does anybody know how a webmodule behaves when It is assemble in an ear containing the web module and I include security-roles in both the application.xml and web.xml? I have been browsing both the j2ee and servlet specs, but I haven't found any description of mandated behaviour. I have tested a little with sun one appserver7. This appserver seems to ignore the security-roles defined in the web.xml. What's more, don't mentioning security-roles in the application.xml and only use the web.xml for mapping security-roles breaks the login process. Does all this mean tha...

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones yo...

\Applications and ~\Applications
I have a fair number of non-Apple applications installed in Applications �� which means they don't get backed up when I back up Users. Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home folder? (or just in Users?) And what about Applications (Mac OS 9) �� can it be moved to Users also? In <siegman-9F07ED.07405219032005@news.stanford.edu>, AES wrote: > Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home > folder? (or just in Users?) Yes, though if they are in ~/Applications they will not be usable by any other users on that system. The Apple ...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and th...

embedding xml in xml as non-xml :)
Hi all, I have an application that logs in xml. Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml data, the structure of the document changes. ie. <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains non-xml data. My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that would treat anything this element contains as a literal? Any help or ...

Help

xml application advice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050705050502080401010408 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am writing a application to calculate pressure drop for a piping network. Namely a building sprinkler system. This will be a command line program at first with the system described in xml (at least that is how I think I want to do it). An important part of this calculation is finding the 'hydraulically most remote' sprinkler. This is something that I could specify with an attribute for now and later think about how to au...

Orion application.xml
Hi, I have a large application which I need to split into 2 and put on different servers because the application is becoming too big. What I need is to add in a value which tells me if its Application A or Application B. Both applications will have the same code. The only difference is that when you log onto the system it will some how read the parameter to let it know which Application it should be and then it will display the relevant menus. So if the parameter in one of the Orion says 'AppA' then it will display Application A's menus and vica-versa for Application B. I h...

Tricky XML application?
I am currently doing quite a bit of work on a data exchange format in XML. As part of this I need to use XLink and XPointer attributes quite frequently as one of the requirements is for the data in the documents to be 'linked' to its source. Currently, as far as I'm aware there is very little (if any) software/browser support for XPointer. My question is that would it be possible (and if so how difficult) for me to write a small application which could use the XPointer stuff. ie. you could load an XML document into it and through some sort of very simple interface it could say re...

XML based application
Hi, we would like to create a fully XML based application where the datamodel will be flexible and defined by a XML schema. Do you know some example of application like this? I'm also interested in defining HTML forms from XML, do you know any useful link? Thanks! T ...

Is there any active XML Application?
The specification haas been out for a long time. But in the real world, is there any live run application? "HchC" <nomail@nowhere.com> a �crit dans le message de news:c9695u$p1l$1@news.seed.net.tw > The specification haas been out for a long time. But in the real > world, is there any live run application? What do you mean by "active XML application" ? XML is used everyday in real life to exchange datas in particular. Keep in mind XML is not a programming language... Also, you certainly should post to a XML dedicated group. HchC wrote: >...

help

cool XML Application
Hello Everybody, I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application or several applications that show & use the features of these technologies. And I would like it to be very interesting. Does someone have an idea what I could show? Thanks for your help. Philipp philipp.beer@gmail.com wrote: > Hello Everybody, > > I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the > topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application > or several application...

XML Applications in Apache
I'm preparing a presentation for XTech in May on the subject of Apache (httpd 2.x) as a platform for XML applications on the Web. Of course it will deal primarily with the work I'm responsible for or involved in myself, but I'd like also to include a reasonable overview of other projects. Particularly those that have produced re-usable general-purpose modules for working with XML. I'm sure there are interesting projects out there that I've never heard of. If you're aware of any that might be of interest to me and an xtech audience, I'd like to know (you can assum...

XML application Project
Hi, Thanks Brain for your kind reply. I shall also look into those details. But my requirements for the project are as follows. The project should implement an XML application that is modeled on a real application and uses Java, database, and XML. Some sample applications for your project are: XML based digital repository XML based publishing tools eCoupon infrastructure based on XML Electronic Commerce utilizing XML Web Services utilizing XML technology Collaboration using XML Cellular Portals Dynamic translation Can anybody help me out in selecting a project? Thank You, Ratnakar Pedaga...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5261 on An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Patch Operations Framework Utilizing XML Path Language (XPath) Selectors

[rfc-dist] RFC 5967 on The application/pkcs10 Media Type
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5967 Title: The application/pkcs10 Media Type Author: S. Turner Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: August 2010 Mailbox: turners@ieca.com Pages: 6 Characters: 10928 Updates: RFC2986 I-D Tag: draft-turner-application-pkcs10-media-type-05.txt URL: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5967.txt This document specifies a media type used to carry PKCS #10 certification requests as defined in RFC 2986. It carries over the original specification from RFC 2311, which recently has been moved to Historic status, and properly links it to RFC 2986. This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes. INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of this memo is unlimited. This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists. To subscribe or unsubscribe, see http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html. For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html. Requests for special distribution should be addressed ...

<ANNOUNCE>Building XML Workflow Applications
Hi Everyone, A new XML tutorial by Dr. Kay was just released, "Buiding XML Workflow Applications". Dr. Michael Kay argues that the bulk of the application logic required for typical XML workflow applications can be written in high-level XML processing languages, notably XSLT and XQuery, with individual components linked together in a pipeline processing framework. By writing the logic in these high-level languages (rather than say Java or C#), the biggest benefit you gain is flexibility and adaptability - the ability to change the application in response to changing business needs....

<ANNOUNCE>Building XML Workflow Applications
Hi Everyone, A new XML tutorial by Dr. Kay was just released, "Buiding XML Workflow Applications". Dr. Michael Kay argues that the bulk of the application logic required for typical XML workflow applications can be written in high-level XML processing languages, notably XSLT and XQuery, with individual components linked together in a pipeline processing framework. By writing the logic in these high-level languages (rather than say Java or C#), the biggest benefit you gain is flexibility and adaptability - the ability to change the application in response to changing busin...

Web resources about - [rfc-dist] RFC 6207 on The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml - comp.std.announce

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with "trash" applicants ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with &quot;trash&quot; ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
Helium-filled hard drives have a number of mechanical advantages compared to traditional HDDs, but they are also more expensive to manufacture. ...

NASA just smashed its record for astronaut applications—18,000+
For many Americans, the lure of space is irresistible. (credit: NASA) Back in 1978, excitement about the future of NASA, with the space shuttle ...

Oklahoma: Concealed Carry Permit Applications Surge Following Obama’s Gun Control
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation numbers suggest gun control talk and Pres. Obama's gun controls contributed to surging concealed carry ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement. Application security is arguably the biggest cyber threat , responsible for 90 percent ...

Mortgage applications down 4.3%
A very slight inch higher in interest rates caused a more than slight drop in mortgage application volume.

European Central Bank Exploring Blockchain Tech Applications
In a new report, the European Central Bank (ECB) has said it is investigating blockchain use within its securities and payments settlement systems. ...