AcornEvolution.com, new RISC OS news site

AcornEvolution.com was launched today and aims to provide comprehensive,
accurate and timely news and views on all aspects of the RISC OS scene.
There will be an emphasis on serious investigative journalism and we'll
try our best to offer the full story in a fair but rigorous manner - do
allow us a few weeks to settle in before judging us though!

AcornEvolution is not a Jack of all trades site - it will focus on
offering News and Views, whilst allowing readers to comment on the
articles.

The site is also intended to offer some friendly competition to the well
established Drobe, which currently has something of a monopoly on RISC
OS news - we'll try and offer an alternative angle on news stories and
perhaps we'll keep them on their toes.

We encourage all companies and individuals to email press releases and
news to: <URL:mailto:news@acornevolution.com>

Thanks,
AcornEvolution.com

--
n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to csaa@owlart.net

[News] [Linux] New Symphony OS (Based on Ubuntu) Released, Source Mage Gets News Site
Symphony OS 2007.06 Released ,----[ Quote ] | The Symphony OS Project is pleased to announce the release of Symphony | OS 2007.06. This is our first release based fully on Ubuntu and though | many hoped for improvements have not yet made it into this release we | hope to speed up the release schedule over the next couple months to | help us settle into our new Ubuntu base system. `---- http://symphonyos.com/cms/?p=16 MagePower [New Site for the Source Mage Linux distribution] ,----[ Quote ] | Welcome to MagePower! This site will be devoted to Source Mage | GNU Linux. `---- http://www.magepower.org/2007/06/kick-off.html ...

RISC OS Open web site announcement
RISC OS Open are pleased to announce that their new web site has now gone live. This site replaces the 'static' site which went public back in September and has lots of facilities which we hope the RISC OS community will find useful and interesting. We've been working on this site in our (primarily Andrew's) spare time so thanks to everyone for your support and patience. Especially those who have been beta testing the new site for us. SITE OVERVIEW Here's a quick outline of what you will find on our site: * News pages These will be the place to look for the latest significant developments from RISC OS Open Ltd, including progress reports on our work with Castle on their Shared Source RISC OS project. * Forum This is a great place for members of the community to discuss all things RISC OS, with a specific focus on open source and community projects and the future of the OS. If there are any features which you'd just love to see someone develop or if there is software you're thinking of porting/writing then the forum will be the place to discuss these things. If you are considering making changes to the Shared Source project sources then the forum is an ideal place to propose and discuss your ideas. * Source Code The RISC OS Open site has two source repositories - one for CVS and one for Subversion. There will be a number of projects in these repositories, including source code to the components which make up mu...

Potential Wikipedia WikiProject RISC OS (WikiProject Computing
Why don't we further coordinate the Wikipedia articles related to RISC OS? It'd be quite a task but wouldn't require a great deal in the way of technical skills. There's a lot of knowledge and discussion around but unfortunately it doesn't all seem to make it onto Wikipedia. (Please note that I'm *not* suggesting that detailed wiki pages from riscos.info and the PRMs, etc. be migrated to Wikipedia!) I know that a good number of people contribute at some length to Wikipedia, and there are some concerted efforts to coordinate things. However, I'm sure there's st...

CiscoHQ.com
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to drop a line and announce my new site launch, I would like to invite everyone to stop by and take a look. Feedback and suggestions are appreciated. http://www.ciscohq.com/ The focus is strictly on Cisco, featuring: *Current Cisco News *Discussions *Forums *Tips and Technical Resources *Certification Resources and Tips Building content is a slow process and hopefully everyone will be able to stop by and contribute in some sense.The goal is to have a nice technical resource for anyone to refer to in their day to day needs. I am also working on some online CCNA...

RISC OS FR (www.riscos.fr) > 50 new open source fonts for RISC OS
This week on RISC OS FR: 50 new fonts for RISC OS. Conversion of open source and public domain fonts. Ready to install on RISC OS. Abyssinica SIL 1.500, Andika 1.004, Apparatus SIL 1.0, Caliban 1.0, Cardo 1.04, Caslon 1.0, Century Schoolbook L (Ghostscript 9.14), Charis SIL 4.114, CupUni 1.0, DejaVu Sans 2.34, DejaVu Sans Condensed 2.34, DejaVu Sans Mono 2.34, DejaVu Serif 2.34, DejaVu Serif Condensed 2.34, Domestic Manners 1.0, Doulos SIL 4.112, Dustimo Roman 1.0, Dustimo Sans 1.0, Fixedsys Excelsior 3.00, Gentium 1.03, Gentium Alt 1.03, Gentium Basic 1.102, Gentium Book B...

Network-Assistant.com New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site
Network-Assistant.com New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site. This new site is looking for people to join and post questions answers and news. Using XOOPS Forums this Web site looks great, it just needs the members to come along and support it. Currently the person who runs the Website is looking for work, come along and see the C.V. see if you can pass any work this way. Network-Assistant.com - Based in the UK but willing to work anywhere in the world. Website Promotions and Cheap Hosting offered!!! Do you have a domain...

Announcing new Electronics, Hobby, and Embedded Systems Site Launch www.iC0nstruX.com
Hello, my name is Francesco, I have been developing emulators for SEGA and = other systems for many years, but recently I got interested in electronics = as part of my SEGA emulation development. I wanted to port my emulator to a= small embedded system, not just the PC.=20 Anyway, 2 years later, I now know a little about electronics, but during th= is time, I worked with Andre' LaMothe, the creator of the XGameStation, HYD= RA, PropC3, and other systems on a new web site called www.iC0nstruX.com. I= am really excited about the site since over the last 2 years I have visite= d a lot of electronics sites like SparkFun, Parallax, Adafruit, ThinkGeek a= nd others, and no one site has all the things I was looking for.=20 But, with www.iC0nstrux.com we really tried hard to think of everything! Of= course, I am sure we made lots of mistakes and have a long way to go. But,= the goal of the site is not just to be another web site where you can buy = embedded electronics kits, and robots. But, we want to have experts on the = site reviewing products and we are going to produce VERY technical videos o= n each major product as we roll out the site. Also, since our parent compan= y Nurve Networks LLC manufactures embedded systems, we are offering manufac= turing guidance to indie developers as well as a place to sell their produc= ts on our site when they get them built!=20 Anyway, we just launched the site, and we need your support, so check it ou= t, an...

[...]

[News] Debian Gets New News Site

Network-Assistant.com New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site (POST YOUR CV)
Network-Assistant.com New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site. This new site is looking for people to join and post questions answers and news. Using XOOPS Forums this Web site looks great, it just needs the members to come along and support it. Currently the person who runs the Website is looking for work, come along and see the C.V. see if you can pass any work this way. Network-Assistant.com - Based in the UK but willing to work anywhere in the world. Website Promotions and Cheap Hosting offered!!! Do you have a domain that needs hosting? Drop by and leave an email, I am sure we can work out a deal. Network-Assistant.com ...

[News] [Rival] New Security FUD Against GNU/Linux and Mac OS X from Microsoft-friendly Sites

[News] New Version of Open Source Modeller (Blender 3D) Released, New Web Site Debuts
Blender 2.43 released - New Website ,----[ Quote ] | All on the same day, a new Blender release and the migration to | new servers and a brand new design for blender.org `---- http://www.blender.org/news/article/blender-243-released-new-website/ Also check out GPU-boosted mobiles (probably a mockup/emulation): Shiny at 3GSM: NVIDIA next-generation mobile phone interface ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM this year, NVIDIA was showing off some demos of its GoForce | 5500 processor. This video shows a demo mobile phone UI, using 3D, | video and Flash 2D. It mighty purdy. `---- http://www.youtube.co...

Firefox and RISC OS
This is a long message, and necessarily so as to present an understandable picture, and even given the length I've left out information in order to keep the length down. Please try and read all of it, and all the referenced URLs before replying publicly or privately. As many of you know, I have been working on many ports, or conversions of software from other platforms for the last few years under the guise of the Unix Porting Project and other related work including the GCCSDK project (GCC for RISC OS). If you've been following the project closely - as a subscriber or otherwise - you may well appreciate the very considerable amount of work involved. This is a consequence of the desire to bring many new pieces of software to RISC OS in a reasonable time frame, as well as put in places systems and compatibility to make this process much easier in future for myself and others. This is in contrast to the traditional RISC OS porting approach of just porting a few pieces of software independently of each other and spending a great deal of time on them. As you probably also know, chief among the project's aims is to bring a new, comprehensive open source web browser to RISC OS. If you've read the document I put together, "The RISC OS Browser Issue" (<URL:http://www.riscos.info/unix/browser.html>) you'll appreciate why I believe that a commercial browser can never provide an entirely satisfactory solution for RISC OS browsing; largely as a ...

Web resources about - AcornEvolution.com, new RISC OS news site - comp.sys.acorn.announce