Essex Acorn User Group - June 2005 Meeting #2

                      Essex Acorn User Group
                      ----------------------

Apologies for the lateness of this announcement, but it is only
minutes ago that our speaker called to say that the demands of his
work mean that he will be unable to meet with us on Tuesday 14th June.

This means that the scheduled talk on the subject of

                        "e-Commerce"

will have to be re-scheduled, probably for July; more on that later.

So, it seems likely that the 14th will see a scratch meeting. If you
are keen to know what is likely to be the subject, please consult our
meetings page, where last minute developments will be posted:

             <URL:http://www.watsnees.demon.co.uk/fw/eaug/mtg.htm>

Normal service will be resumed for next month.

All other details remain unchanged.

Thank you for your understanding.

Frank.

--
Essex Acorn User Group - Member of Association of Acorn User Groups
Frank Watkinson (Secretary/PR/Web/Newsletter)

--
n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net>

Essex Acorn User Group
Please accept the following announcement (below the row of asterisks) for inclusion as soon as convenient. Many thanks. Frank. ******************************************************************** Essex Acorn User Group ---------------------- Our meeting on Tuesday 13th September 2005 will take a look at "Restoration of old photographs" Some time ago we looked at some of the photo adjustment capabilities of PhotoDesk. Now we aim to see what advantages there may be in using non-RISC OS software for restoring old, faded, colour-degraded, damaged photographs. Unless there are last minute problems, the presentation will have the benefit of a data projector. As usual, our meeting will be on the second Tuesday of the month, at Great Baddow Village Hall. Great Baddow Village is on the edge of Chelmsford and just off the A12 dual carriageway; well, just over a mile. There is ample free parking opposite the hall. For full directions, see our website. The following will take you directly to the page with directions and maps: http://www.watsnees.demon.co.uk/fw/eaug/ven.htm Once you have found the car park, come to the side away from the block of flats and find the short flight of steps down onto the road. Cross the road with care and walk a few yards downhill to find the iron-gated entrance to the steps which lead up to the Hall. At the top of the steps, face right and proceed to the singl...

Essex Acorn User Group
Essex Acorn User Group ---------------------- Our meeting on Tuesday 8th February 2005 will be examining "UniPrint" ... how to install and how to use it in a simple network to use the high quality printing available from Windows printers, but printing from RISC OS applications on a Risc PC and from Virtual Acorn. It is hoped to cover all stages from installation disc to photographic quality prints. It is hoped that much of the process will be projected, but inevitably some of the action will be on a second sc...

Essex Acorn User Group
Essex Acorn User Group ---------------------- Our meeting on Tuesday 8th March 2005 will be: "Getting to Grips with EasiWriter/TechWriter and Friends" Stewart Brookes is a beta tester for the Easi- range and he reminds you in advance that Icon Technology's document processors are one of the cornerstones of RISC OS productivity software. The Icon Technology range includes Writer and Writer+, which are available to almost all RISC OS users through being bundled with other products, EasiWriter for those who need a fully-featured ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
OK, everybody, let's try Tuesday again - in this case Tuesday July 10th. As usual in other respects: Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in or near room S1. Admission is free and all are welcome. You should be able to see a 4GB USB drive being read, at least. If you have any large (>2GB) drives of your own, please bring them along. Maybe there will be more stuff to see too. Don't forget: there will be no August meeting, as the college will be closed. Next meeting after this one will be in September. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Essex Acorn User Group
Our meeting on Tuesday 13th January 2004 will be entitled "Older Software" This will not be simply nostalgia, but an examination of still-used, still-treasured, old software. It may pose the question, "Why use older software when there is a newer alternative?" In which case, the answer may be that it offers something not available in the newer software? It is hoped that there will be other suggestions than those from the two principal presenters. If so, there might turn out to be a "prize" for the person acclaimed to have made the best su...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I am pleased to announce that the speaker at the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be John-Mark Bell, one of the writers of NetSurf. He will tell us about the history of NetSurf, its current state of development, and some idea of the direction of its likely future development, as well as give us a demonstration of the current version of NetSurf. As anyone who has used a recent version of it will know, NetSurf is a remarkable piece of work. John-Mark's presentation promises to be very interesting. The meeting will take place on Monday October 11th, in Room S1 of Itc...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Our next meeting is on Monday March 8th in room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Please note that the April meeting will be a further 6 weeks away, on the THIRD Monday, because of the timing of Easter. We'll be back to the second Monday as from May. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday August 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. I'll be showing my finished BeagleBoard system. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, opposite White's Road. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday April 11th from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We'll probably be in room E3. Admission is free and all are welcome. Come along, bring your computers if you like, bring your problems and we'll see if we can solve them! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all of you! The first meeting in 2005 of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday January 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring along computers etc. I'm not sure which room we'll be in, but if it isn't S1, it won't be far from there. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@ow...

Liverpool Acorn User Group Meeting
This months LAUG meeting of will be held at the usual venue at Birkenhead Boys School, Bidston Road, Oxton, Wirral on 12.12.06. A directional map can be found at <http://www.italia.co.uk/laug> The meeting will continue to be held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Topics discussed will be anything computer related. As usual friends family and colleagues are welcome to attend. The club can also act as a general help-group for those who attend. Refreshments are provided. Stephen Hull _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday September 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. Note the (slight!) change in venue. The main college will be closed in the evening on that day; the sports centre, which is at the other end of the college from where we normally meet, is open all year round. The July and August meetings (yes, we had an August meeting!) were in room G1 of the sports centre. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, o...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday August 12th (tomorrow!), from 19:00. As Itchen College is closed for summer, we're meeting at my house! Email me if you need directions to get here. Apologies for the very short notice. Louie _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampon Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday July 10th from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, in room E1. Admission is free and all are welcome. Don't forget - no August meeting (the college is closed). The next meetings will provisionally be on the second Monday of each month from September onwards. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting for September
Now that the nights are well and truly drawing in (hey, we're nearly at the equinox already!), you'll be looking for something to do in the evenings. I have just the thing for you, you lucky people. Come to the Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting on Monday September 12th and see what's going on. Bring any stuff you like with you. The meeting will be at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The meeting will probably be in room E3. Admission continues to be free, and everybody continues to be welcome. The second Monday of the month looks good for the remainder of 2005. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Here, with somewhat more notice than usual, is your reminder of the date of July's meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group. The date will be Monday July 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, and the place will as usual be Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We will probably be in room E3. Admission is free and all are welcome. I hope by then to be able to demonstrate networking with, and backing up to, a Linux box. Any more demonstrations will be welcome. Future dates: don't forget that there will be no August meeting as the college will be closed. Provisionally, the second Mondays in September to December look OK, so the dates for your calendar are: September 12 October 10 November 14 December 12 Hope to see you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50 pence and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group: May meeting
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday May 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. There will be an Iyonix and at least one BeagleBoard on show. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The April meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday April 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We should be in room S1 (but if there's any problem, the reserve location is the college's sports centre, at the other end of the building). Admission is GBP1.00 and all are welcome. My BeagleBoard will be available to all of you to try your programmes on. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submiss...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday February 12th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will, as usual, be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, near the Sports Centre Reception. The area is wheelchair accessible, and the College has a bar adjacent. I will be bringing an Iyonix, two BeagleBoards, two Raspberry Pi's, my embedded ARM prototype board (thermostat, hygrometer and thermostat) together with numerous other bits and pieces. You are encouraged to bring your own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ____________________________________________________________ FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The Southampton Acorn Users Group will meet on Monday November 14th from 19:00 until 21:00 at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. The meeting room is most likely to be E1, which is on the ground floor. Admission is free and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday December 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00, in room S1. Admission is 50p and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday August 9th, in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The entrance to the Sports Centre's car park is from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. When I looked into our usual room (G1) this afternoon, it was full of decorator's stuff and scaffolding. Assuming that this is still the case on Tuesday, we will be in the Seminar Room, which is on the first floor, accessible via a lift just by the Sports Centre's reception desk. There will be an Iyonix and a BeagleBoard at the meeting, plus anything that anyone brings along. I hope to be showing a surprise off, too (although it's in the very early stages of development). I hope to see lots of you there! My apologies that the July meeting didn't take place. I was out of the country on business. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Here's your monthly handy reminder of the November meeting of SAUG, on Tuesday 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, in room S1. Have fun! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 8th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. There has been a foul-up with room bookings; my best guess is that we will be in room E4, or very close to it. Certainly we will be in the main part of the college in a ground floor room. I'll be bringing along a BeagleBoard xM, a BeagleBoard and an Iyonix. I'll be demonstrating BeagleBoard "CMOS RAM" that is writable as well as readable. Everybody is welcome to bring along their own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Web resources about - Essex Acorn User Group - June 2005 Meeting #2 - comp.sys.acorn.announce

Meeting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meetings may occur face to face or virtually, as mediated by communications technology, such as a telephone conference call , a skyped conference ...

Barack Obama brings message of change to Cuba, meeting with Raul Castro
Brushing off decades of distrust, U.S. President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro shake hands in Havana's Palace of the Revolution, ...

Abidjan Opens Its Doors to the Africa CEO Forum, Global Meeting Place for the African Private Sector ...
The fourth Africa CEO Forum - meeting place for entrepreneurs, decision-makers and financiers from the African private sector - takes place on ...

The Latest: Obama says he open to meeting with Fidel Castro
HAVANA (AP) — The Latest on President Barack Obama's trip to Cuba (all times local):

Dwayne Johnson Loves Meeting His Fans But He Will Totally 'Rip Your Face Off' If You Do This
But seriously, The Rock had to share this inspirational message (and a warning) on Instagram.

CASTRO KUMBAYA Obama holds historic meeting with Cuban leader
CASTRO KUMBAYA Obama holds historic meeting with Cuban leader

Timeline: How 'El Chapo' and Kate del Castillo's Relationship Evolved From a Tweet to Their First Meeting ...
The drug kingpin and the actress exchanged messages using encrypted phones.

Fidel Castro Meeting With Barack Obama In Cuba Won’t Happen — Here’s Why
Fidel Castro meeting with Barack Obama in Cuba may seem like political suicide for the United States president; but in Latin America, the revolutionary’s ...

Watch The Goodwood Members' Meeting Races Right Here
The Goodwood Members’ Meeting is a weekend packed full of proper vintage racing of the highest quality. This year, there are 28 Ford GT40s competing ...

Cuba ordering its dissidents to skip meeting with Obama
Los Angeles Times Cuba ordering its dissidents to skip meeting with Obama Los Angeles Times On the eve of President Obama's historic visit ...